Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:42 AM

Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet (51579 Views)

Fayose Personally Gives Food Items To Residents In Ekiti State. Photos / video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo / River Benue Fishermen Find NAF Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by cirmuell(m): 9:30am On Sep 15, 2014
o42austino: stop talking what u dont know,no good military pilot will like to eject from his plane he will try everything within his power to land d plane successfully and remember in Airforce, once ur good with an Aircraft, ur name will be written on the aircraft as a dedication and respect to u so u will not eject from such plane but try to land d plane.
Correct! unless shot at and chances of landing safely or survival is slim!
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by MilitaryMinded(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2014
olrotimi: my friend, militry war planes can be captured. If the jet is shot at, it wld depend on the bravery of the pilot. Either he crashes the jet or he manoevers it to land with minimal damage. Both have their implications. Again, the jet operated over mountainous terrain,we believe it made manoevers between mountain peaks. Thats one of the most difficult regions to operate on, the pilot could easily loose GPS bearing.

'Both have their implications' your said. Ok.
1) Jet crashes..means destroyed (useless to boko)
2) Pilot lands it with minimal damage...mind you minimal damage in an aircraft does NOT equate with minimal damage in a car. You can't just push an aircraft to the nearest mechanic for repair neither can u find aircraft spear parts in every nook and cranny. Tell me how the damaged aircraft can be captured?

1 Like

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 15, 2014
iyobs7: One of Boko Haram Member in the Force, drove the jet to Boko Haram's hide out...
who is this one? #hisses
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Debonair911: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2014
Marlboro1: Africa Online reports that the Alpha Jet (NAF 466) belonging to the Nigerian Air Force declared missing by the Defence Headquarters in its Adamawa State’s operations may have been sighted by residents before it crashed.
The plane was said to have crashed on Saturday at Gabun village near Gaanda, in Gombi Local Government of the state.
Local farmers in Gombi Local Government Area of the state yesterday claimed to have sighted an aircraft that crashed at a place near Gabun primary school.

The residents said they saw a ‘low-flying jumbo jet’ matching the description of the missing Alpha Jet after it disappeared on Friday.
Several residents of Hawul, a border town in Borno State, also said they saw an aircraft in military colours with green-red-stripes flying so low over the mountains as the plane’s doors were clearly visible.
The residents, who are predominantly farmers, claimed they were disturbed by the incredibly loud noise on Friday, with the plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Hawul– Gabun.
A witness was said to have noted that “I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our mountains before. We’ve seen planes, but I’m sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.

For more details go to: http://africaonline.cc/?p=5134
God almighty will save us in this country
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by BlackTechnology: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2014
fyneboi79: Wetin ‎u dey feel likeCIA? undecided

Na me sey make you dey feel like old papa village man

Comot for road make human being pass
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 15, 2014
o42austino: stop talking what u dont know,no good military pilot will like to eject from his plane he will try everything within his power to land d plane successfully and remember in Airforce, once ur good with an Aircraft, ur name will be written on the aircraft as a dedication and respect to u so u will not eject from such plane but try to land d plane.
Total crap! You expect the pilot to go down with the plane because his name is written on it? Like seriously??
Once a jet is bound to crash it surely gonna crash, and the most sensible thing any well trained pilot would do is to EJECT!

1 Like

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2014
MilitaryMinded:

'Both have their implications' your said. Ok.
1) Jet crashes..means destroyed (useless to boko)
2) Pilot lands it with minimal damage...mind you minimal damage in an aircraft does NOT equate with minimal damage in a car. You can't just push an aircraft to the nearest mechanic for repair neither can u find aircraft spear parts in every nook and cranny. Tell me how the damaged aircraft can be captured?
my friend, minimal damage in a jet could be smthng lyk wing(s) off, tail off, belly crash/bruised, minor cracks etc which can be easily fixed within weeks considering the expertise we knw the BH to have already. We have seen their kind of weaponry, we have read reports(amnesty international) that these guys have military experts, engineers, doctors in their ranks. Tell me why they wldnt make the best off a minimally damaged jet?
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by cole265(m): 9:39am On Sep 15, 2014
Hallelujah! Better than it being hijacked by BH.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by streetzdreamz(m): 9:39am On Sep 15, 2014
Hero10001: Common niggah!
Didn't you read the DHq's statement about the missing jet?
Do you know the meaning of "Plane Hijack"?!
And who da Bleep told you that a lowly NAF plane can't be hijacked in the air?
I'm sure you know nothing about spies and hijackings.
i think u d naive one here,spies,hijackings takes place in passenger planes or cargo planes nt a millitary aircraft,d best u can do is to shoot d bird down,or u wanna tell me a spy sneaked into d airforce base n took d place of d pilot dat oughta fly d plane?if dats wat apend den ion think d plane wud av been used against BH in d first place cuz according to d reports t was used against d insurgents n was expected back @ d base b4 t went missing,and if d later s nt d case be kind enough to tel me ao a plane flying at a high or low altitude can b hijacked wit no mole onboard,remember d crafts gat just two pilots,d most likely scenario is a crash.....

2 Likes

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:40am On Sep 15, 2014
Nairalanders, posting stu*paid comments without really understanding the post. fighter jets from different countries crash from time to time, not only in Nigeria. its barely two weeks since 2 US navy jets collided and exploded. dats more than 40million dollars gone.
an old Nigerian jet crashed and you guys are already crying wolf

3 Likes

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Tonylyte(m): 9:41am On Sep 15, 2014
We go beg journalists before them go waka go the site go confirm wether na true, than to rely on this villagers wey fit see one northern gov'r with him chopper begin call am jet?

1 Like

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by logica(m): 9:42am On Sep 15, 2014
Since we refuse to provide full radar coverage, aircrafts will definitely get missing.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 15, 2014
By the way @militaryminded, the mountainous region isnt close to the military base either. Infact if you've followed the military offensives closely, u'd knw this isnt the first time they are doing battle there(remember the rumour of shekau's death, it was at d battle in same location). The mountains are controlled by the BH, they are encamped in caves which makes it difficult for our military cos BH knws the terrain better.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by ooshinibos: 9:45am On Sep 15, 2014
eunisam: I don't like this type of news at all at all.I thought we just aquired 12 war jet,how come they didnt use them? Am so dissapointed!
bruv you always forget you are in Nigeria , the wonderland

1 Like

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Atigba: 9:46am On Sep 15, 2014
As long bokoharam is not in possession of the jet is OK by me
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Moblord(m): 9:51am On Sep 15, 2014
Pictures or I don't bliv... The media has been lying to us since 2011

1 Like

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by GoodcasHMan: 9:55am On Sep 15, 2014
May God deliver us from all these evil incidences. God intervene into our country (Nigeria)
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by streetzdreamz(m): 9:57am On Sep 15, 2014
olrotimi: my friend, minimal damage in a jet could be smthng lyk wing(s) off, tail off, belly crash/bruised, minor cracks etc which can be easily fixed within weeks considering the expertise we knw the BH to have already. We have seen their kind of weaponry, we have read reports(amnesty international) that these guys have military experts, engineers, doctors in their ranks. Tell me why they wldnt make the best off a minimally damaged jet?
lols,u funny ehn,dis aint a chopper dat can land almost anywhere, we talking bout a jet,n u saying if t crash landed d impact might b minimal?u said t urself ts a rough terrain,with obviously no wide,plain ground to serve as a tarmac,ts like a vehicle that loses ts brakes down a slope,wanna tell me d damage will b minimal?ion tink so man,a pilot will b lucky to b alive if atall his jet crash lands.

2 Likes

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2014
lastpage:

....... and if YOU?PILOT cant "land it successfully", you will..... CRASH WITH IT, right? shocked shocked shocked

I think BOKO HARAM-SUICIDE has become a STAPLE FOOD for some of you! grin grin

If Pilot is alive, he can always fly another useful mission, in another plane!

Him get family and it costs a lot of money and effort/time to train a fighter pilot!

BTW: l think our greatest problems are that of MOLES and SYMPATHISERS WITHIN OUR MILITARY, coupled with the most corrupt Govt.

Lastpage!

True talk!
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Oyiboman69: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2014
I see...says the blind man....
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by MilitaryMinded(m): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2014
streetzdreamz: lols,u funny ehn,dis aint a chopper dat can land almost anywhere, we talking bout a jet,n u saying if t crash landed d impact might b minimal?u said t urself ts a rough terrain,with obviously no wide,plain ground to serve as a tarmac,ts like a vehicle that loses ts brakes down a slope,wanna tell me d damage will b minimal?ion tink so man,a pilot will b lucky to b alive if atall his jet crash lands.

GBAM!!
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2014
APC At Work!
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by arsetalks(m): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2014
And you are not wise enough to know that any saboteur doesn't care about what the government has to offer him as his sponsors will probably offer so much money if he manages to excute their plans?
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2014
streetzdreamz: lols,u funny ehn,dis aint a chopper dat can land almost anywhere, we talking bout a jet,n u saying if t crash landed d impact might b minimal?u said t urself ts a rough terrain,with obviously no wide,plain ground to serve as a tarmac,ts like a vehicle that loses ts brakes down a slope,wanna tell me d damage will b minimal?ion tink so man,a pilot will b lucky to b alive if atall his jet crash lands.
being a mountainous region doesnt mean there ar no valleys or 50m wide plains. A mountainous region is a region with predominantly mountains & hills. It doesnt mean there are no plains. You talk of tarmac & runway? Lol, u have an airport in mind? Crash land doesnt always have to be nose dive, thats y i initialy talked abt bravery of the pilot.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by chronique(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2014
Pls help me tell them. The stupidity most nairalanders exhibit here,is quite alarming. Illiterates have suddenly become military experts overnight. If the members on nairaland,are a reflection of the Nigerian society at large,it then means that majority of Nigerians are dumb and lack proper education/knowledge about most of the things going on in this country. Sometimes when I read certain comments on serious issues and topics,I just keep wondering how the posters of such comments,could possibly reason such ways. The worst part is that,they're never willing to learn. So long as they have access to the internet,they believe they are exposed and qualified enough to speak on such issues. Very pathetic way of reasoning.
PerfectlyPerfect: Nairalanders, posting stu*paid comments without really understanding the post. fighter jets from different countries crash from time to time, not only in Nigeria. its barely two weeks since 2 US navy jets collided and exploded. dats more than 40million dollars gone.
an old Nigerian jet crashed and you guys are already crying wolf
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Min57: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2014
BlackTechnology: Most likely true.

The military must do thorough investigation over the cause of the crash to know if

1) It was a deliberate mechanical fault and why didn't the pilot parachute out

2) the pilot was poisoned which could have killed him before his he thought of parachuting out of the jet

3) the pilot intentionally crashed the jet especially if he is alive.

4) if the jet was releasing smoke before it crashed which is one sign that it was shoot

5) the villagers who saw the jet's door, actually saw the pilot.

Sabotage must be thoroughly investigated.

Even the guys who serviced it 2months ago must be investigated.
It is very unfortunate that illiterates like u have access to internet.

1 Like

Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by itsmine: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2014
Pls be aware dt bh established a strong base around gabun after almost wiping off d entire residents. d mountaineous terrain there is good for their operations & NAF has done some airstrikes there. Yola used to have two helicopters and two alpha jets, after d maidugri helicopter crashed, one was sent there leaving only one for surveillance now. Then dis jet disappeared on friday, and one of d newly acquired jets has been deployed &actively in use immediately. Yola still has two active crafts. Bh &their sympathizers hav no cause to rejoice. They won't hav breathing space again!
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 15, 2014
BlackTechnology: Most likely true.
The military should also investigate you, Mr CID.The military must do thorough investigation over the cause of the crash to know if

1) It was a deliberate mechanical fault and why didn't the pilot parachute out

2) the pilot was poisoned which could have killed him before his he thought of parachuting out of the jet

3) the pilot intentionally crashed the jet especially if he is alive.

4) if the jet was releasing smoke before it crashed which is one sign that it was shoot

5) the villagers who saw the jet's door, actually saw the pilot.

Sabotage must be thoroughly investigated.

Even the guys who serviced it 2months ago must be investigated.
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Yemisi63: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2014
Lmfaooooooooooo. Guys, If you're having a bad day, read this hilarious post http://naijasinglegirl.net/cut-thy-coat-according-to-thy-size-2/ and thank me later
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Awoofawo(m): 10:18am On Sep 15, 2014
gabriel212: They had gone to deliver the JET to boko haram or blow it delibrately.
useless poeple
pity this nation

Same thought here bro!
The only different is am thinking that doomed jet delivered something to the boko and to cover their track, they decided to.... cool slips-seal cool
Re: Gabun Village Residents In Adamawa State Claim Sighting Crashed NAF Jet by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 15, 2014
Last Bullet: the best we can do nw is pray for the military and wish them well. We are not even certain abt the circumstances surrounding the missing jet partly cos we have an insincere govt & a lazy system of journalism who rely on 3rd wintess reportage to inform us. GOD BLESS NAIJA. See y'll in another thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ugochi Nwachukwu Planned Zahra Buhari's Wedding / Bandits Kill Pastor Kibori-Asha Awuce In Kaduna, El-Rufai Appeals For Calm / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Nnamdi Kanu: "Made In China Shekau"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.