Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? (865 Views)

to hell with u reading it / To Hell With 6-pacs, The African Man Was Made With 1-pac / "To Hell With Love: I Just Want To Get Married!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by FKMagazine(m): 7:47am On Sep 16, 2014
Culled from Pat Ogidi

Please read and give ur opinion

"My Dad never did it... and they've
been married for close to 3 decades
now.

No quarrels, no beefs, no divorce.

Then, why all the noise about court
wedding?

Or... is that simply a way to place
the woman at equal rights with the
man?

For Christ sake, we're Africans...

My religion and culture recognizes
a marriage when they bride's parents'
consent and approval are duly gotten.

Get the bride's parents consent, pay
the bride price and take your wife."

Those have been my stand about court
weddings prior to 2nd January this year.

I have decided never to waste my time
with court wedding, until a lady friend,
Kelechi gave me good reasons to.

She explained with this scenario;

You have a wife. A duly traditionally
and religiously married wife.

But no court wedding.

Everything going good between you and
your wifey. No beefs.

Then, come one of these "end time"
girls... whose job is to scatter
to destroy, and then vamoose.

The side chick uses juju to confuse
you... of cos the juju should work
since you've already fallen out with
God by engaging in extra marital affair.

Then with her juju, she 'conjures' you
and lures you into the nearest marriage
registry where you guys end up getting
married in court.

Bad sharp wicked devilish satanic chic!

The yeye girl has the marriage cert...

By law, you've never been married
before, so she's fakishly your wife
right?

Now, what if she approaches any court
tomorrow and claims she wants you and
all the entitlements all to herself?

Of course, the law would take its
course and your duly married legit
innocent wife will be left with nothing,
and maybe suffering with the kids.

Mo gbe!

I finished listening to this analogy
and went numb, and could only manage
to mutter;

"To HEAVEN with court wedding oh...
In fact, na must oh... I go do am!

LOL

Boyyyy... no be person show me where
Ikoyi marriage registry dey oh, and
I'm having that done next month smiley

Amen!

Abeg, if you've been having such
igbotic belief like I did, please
have a rethink smiley

Save your marriage;

Save your born and unborn children;

Save your happiness...

The present world is wicked... far
far different from that of our parents.

Then, there weren't BBM, runs girls,
boko haram, Whatsapp, Brazilian hair,
sharwama and above all...

There weren't the internet.

But wait oo...

In your opinion, are all these things
really the cause... esp the INTERNET?

1 Like

Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by mcdreeezy: 8:28am On Sep 16, 2014
The problem I have with this thing is that the way ladies go about it, it looks as if they want to suck the man dry incase somethin goes wrong in the marriage.. Who will want to vouch for that?
Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by FKMagazine(m): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2014
mcdreeezy: The problem I have with this thing is that the way ladies go about it, it looks as if they want to suck the man dry incase somethin goes wrong in the marriage.. Who will want to vouch for that?

Exactly...u re right
Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by amakufrancis(m): 11:38am On Sep 16, 2014
Ha, seeing some iota of truth...
Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by jayjagz: 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
Loool...I just finished an exam on something like that. On seeing the post, I knew it was a guy that wrote it. Everything boarders down to infidelity. The so-called court marriage seeks to protect the females(and even the males) for the 'hypertension' of "hope he won't marry another wife...well! what I know is that your parents may be lucky but it's not only about your parents. I pray you don't suffer when they die because it's easy for the children to be cheated and oppressed when the marriage is purely customary. PLEASE!!! Be faithful!!! I have 90% assurance that if you're faithful to your wife you will also have rest of mind.

1 Like

Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by jayjagz: 1:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
mcdreeezy: The problem I have with this thing is that the way ladies go about it, it looks as if they want to suck the man dry incase somethin goes wrong in the marriage.. Who will want to vouch for that?
this is not a matter of sucking the guy dry. It only prevents a party from cheating the other. Imagine! Out of about 100 cause of marriage and family issues, men's fault are responsible for 98 of them. Kilode? If you feel you have a ground for backing out of the marriage, the court is there. For example, if the wife get pregnant for another man.
Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by teeboo: 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
jayjagz: Loool...I just finished an exam on something like that. On seeing the post, I knew it was a guy that wrote it. Everything boarders down to infidelity. The so-called court marriage seeks to protect the females(and even the males) for the 'hypertension' of "hope he won't marry another wife...well! what I know is that your parents may be lucky but it's not only about your parents. I pray you don't suffer when they die because it's easy for the children to be cheated and oppressed when the marriage is purely customary. PLEASE!!! Be faithful!!! I have 90% assurance that if you're faithful to your wife you will also have rest of mind.

God bless u

2 Likes

Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by dmcdad: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
Well... I understand your take on this, but yet I will NEVER try it. And please, leave me to my belief. For what its worth, I will never have to part ways with my wife. And the analogy of "one juju girl" will most likely never happen to me. No be if I run parolez with her she go get chance do her stunts? That ain't gonna happen anytime in my marriage. I know some people would be like "you never can tell blah blah blah" I know myself, and I know things I will never fall for even in the next world or in my dreams. This is something I hold in the highest regards, so the one who marries me is aasured for life. Plus, God will always be our middle man.

With the way I wanna run my family, even if my wife were to be satan, she wouldn't have any alternative than to change. I have seen couples that have lived for decades, yet they still act like they are new to eachother. I take solace in such people and not the majority out there who don't truly understand what marriage entails.

To each its own I believe. Whatever rocks your boat.

PS: This is just me and I ain't in any way speaking for anyone else, neither am I contradicting anyone's view as regards this.

1 Like

Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by FKMagazine(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Everytin looks more favourable to the wise woman...even in abroad
Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by jayjagz: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
teeboo:

God bless u
Amen

1 Like

Re: To Hell With Court Wedding...na Must? by FKMagazine(m): 9:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
Women at times are funny in their acts,,, wht do they really want self? Hnm... May God grant us d bone of our bone & flesh of our flesh IJN...that's d only way we can live in peace

(1) (Reply)

Who Do You Prefer: Someone You Love Or Someone Who Loves You / Naija Guys And Southy Babes. / Different Types Of Boyfriends! Which Do You Have? Or Which Is You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.