Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out (20237 Views)

Ezekwesili: We’re Being Reminded Of Military Era. The Cable. / SSS Uncovers Stockpiles Of Arms, Ammunition In Akwa Ibom Govt House-PremiumTimes / DSS Invasion Of Akwa Ibom Govt’s House Unacceptable – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Hamazz1: 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
PAT4HOT: I said it....Akpabio has been brainwashing us since 2007, now he wants to bring Udom to continue dancing to his tune.

The poll will decide by next year.
the polls will nt decide anythng akwa ibom is a pdp ste n will remain so evn if d opposition will presnt an angel as there flag bearer as such noting will happen besides ds govt is nt intrested in corruption realated issues..
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by NwaAnambra(m): 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
Sometime last week, I went to Uyo and was really impressed by the flyovers and the aesthetics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when I was coming back to Onitsha, I took AKTC first bus and was busy discussing the achievements of Akpabio with fellow passengers, until the driver opened his mouth and started educating me lol........... never knew he was that enlightened. Those who live in Uyo believe that Akpabio is a big fraud.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by ideology(m): 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ttalk:

Bro, you agree that Lagos state is embarking on projects that enhances human development that generates fund to service her debt yet you prefer govt that spends without accountability, hope this your contraction is not borne out of jealousy and hatred?
Hey don't be a straw man, am not contradicting my self,.
Am criticizing positively, I never said mismanagement is good, but you can't say Fashola is pay the debt before he leaves office.

That the commissioner said they may not be able to complete all new projects doesn't mean the state is broke, his reasons are clear they have not been able to raise sufficient revenue.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Hamazz1: 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
theres somethng m tryin to comprehend is d commisioner saying dt faac n rmfac r lying or dt they ve actually recieved d said sum bt spent it...
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by bxcode(m): 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
August21: As long as dem pay me my state allawee of 10k. No wahala!!
You just said my mind.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by iamord(m): 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
evegran: . Thank you for your optimism. smiley. If most Nigerians reasoned like you or delighted themselves in the progress of the whole country, Nigeria would probably have been developed.

Sorry for interrupting ur convo. I just had to.. Wow. !! You look pretty
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
When you are dependent on oil....you get easily broke.

The fact is Akwa Ibom is a dutch diseased economy.

It is up to the Governor, or whoever takes over in 2015 to transform Akwa Ibom from an oil dependent state into an industrial state.

And it starts by using that palm oil tree to make cloth, industrial chemicals and materials, etc.

Oil is a curse.Nigeria needs to become an exploiter of raw materials for industrial benefit,not a hawker of raw materials.

Hawkers earn enough money for the daily need. Innovators earn a lot of money to be rich and to innovate more.(And they hire the hawkers).
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by GodMode: 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
BlackTechnology:

If it puts money into your pocket it is an asset
But if it takes money out of your pocket it is a liability

The only other time when a liability house becomes an asset house is when it is sold.

Pls read

Rich dad poor dad
By

Robert Kiyosaki

It will improve your socio-financial knowledge

The law of basic accounting/economics cannot be erased by a motivational speaker.

Anything can lose value.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
iamord:

Sorry for interrupting ur convo. I just had to.. Wow. !! You look pretty
. Aww thank you! You definitely don't have any eye problems. smiley
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by iamord(m): 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
evegran: . Aww thank you! You definitely don't have any eye problems. smiley

I sure don't! Lol ! I can just imagine the traffic u cause in your hood *sigh*
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nicepoker(m): 12:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
django1: Building flyovers and tunnels for keke napep. Iranu!
where r u from
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 16, 2014
iamord:

I sure don't! Lol ! I can just imagine the traffic u cause in your hood *sigh*
. LOL. I dunno ooo. smiley
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nicepoker(m): 12:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
Jakpon: Akwa Ibom receives:

Highest federal allocation in Nigeria

13% oil derivation

allocation from NDDC

allocation from ministry of niger delta etc

All in a state that has a lesser population than Alimosho Local Government in Lagos
this one is a frustrated candidate to hell
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hahaha...no be this one dey bobo us with one stadium?
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by iamord(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2014
evegran: . LOL. I dunno ooo. smiley

Lol sure ! You may not know! Its natural.. Giditraffic has been tweeting about it
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by andywalt: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
Politicians are all the same, HYPOCRITES!!
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Mbediogu(m): 1:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
the Comissioner is dodgy. Fact remains that Akwa Ibom got the highest allocation while Osun got the least. We are not asking why Akwa Ibom got broke(n) before Osun and the others. Whether any State get up to 1% of total FG funds is also as immaterial as how Akwa Ibom used her allocation and became broke. Those who dont plan according to resources will forever be bad manager and unfit to govern a people. They abound in Nigeria, not only in Akwa Ibom State of all places. Thats all.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by obailala(m): 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
I have always been very impressed with the sheer quality and quantity of roads and other projects in AKS. However on seeing the gargantuan allocation the state receives, and the sharp difference when compared to the amount other states receive, I am tempted to say Akpabio and his ilk are truly just bunch of rogues like all others.

With the knowledge of the amount the state receives, it is time for every sensible person to re-evaluate the projects in the state; are those projects really commensurate with the amount the state has received in the last 8 years??... I think the answer is a resounding NO!

3 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Xano(m): 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2014
Interesting. For now, no new project for the state. Wrong title. Abagoro, you are something. You want to instigate something.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Dcmg(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
ideology:

Babe, if I may, You are wrong, the state is run in such a way where the governor spends money at will, its not the fault of those in finance, but it's good they discovered early.

For me its better than heaping debts like Lagos state.

the only issue in akwa ibom is that 80% of the projects will not generate sustainable employment. Most projects are infrastructure not human development

That's the main problem, unlike Lagos, the projects they embark is creating permanent jobs and generating funds to the government.

Lagos state will now reinvest the funds or service their debts from the funds generate.
Infrastructural development should always come first
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by maasoap(m): 1:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Akwa Ibom state, The Rogues' State.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Ttalk: 1:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
ideology:
Hey don't be a straw man, am not contradicting my self,.
Am criticizing positively, I never said mismanagement is good, but you can't say Fashola is pay the debt before he leaves office.

That the commissioner said they may not be able to complete all new projects doesn't mean the state is broke, his reasons are clear they have not been able to raise sufficient revenue.

Then there is no basis comparing apple to orange, Fashola and Akpabio are not on the same level, [not an insult] Lagos population of 17m while Akwa Ibom with population of 5million are not comparable
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Skillz02(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
Super Story
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by ideology(m): 2:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dcmg: Infrastructural development should always come first
yes You are right, it will open up the state to investment.

But Note what has been the main focus is roads. Building of white elephant projects like building new government house, deputy governor lodge, complex centers conference halls, press centers even the stadium could be used to revive some of the old companies that folded up in the state. Hence providing jobs as well.
Science park was abandoned despite the fact that engineers were sent abroad for training by previous government.

Am not against all the above projects, but my concern is priorities must be set right.

Akpabio is my man, he has passion for development though he's making mistakes too.
That's why I would support Udom to. Take over, I know there are fears he would control the man like saraki is controlling Ahmed of kwara state. But If they join forces they will deliver Ibaka seaport, that project alone will change the state, turn eket district to onne/bonny island.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by henrinity(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
hmmn..it seems i wont serve there base on nysc.this one they are complaning of no money...make dem no go put me for "is coming"..
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by ideology(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ttalk:

Then there is no basis comparing apple to orange, Fashola and Akpabio are not on the same level, [not an insult] Lagos population of 17m while Akwa Ibom with population of 5million are not comparable

I get you, i was making reference not comparing, both states have different needs at the moment
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by omenka(m): 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
evegran: . Now it is apparent you're one of those sadists from other tribes who doesn't appreciate the development of Akwa Ibom state or even the development of places outside your tribe. I can smell jealousy all around ya! And you're delighted my state is going through this. Well as a proud oron lady, I'm optimistic for my state- so how about you save your criticisms or pile em up together and throw em at your Gov whoever the Bleep he is.
Oron, wow!!! You even my inlaw!!

For the record, I'm not happy your state is going through this, and I'm no sadist. I desire the best for Nigeria as a whole but I dare say the crop of "leaders" we have at the moment can not take us to where we desire to be, not by a long shot!! Akpabio is one of those "leaders" and my inlaw who lives in Uyo told me a coupla weeks ago that the governor's supposed accomplishments are hugely exaggerated!!

With what has accrued to the state since '07, Akwa Ibomites were hugely short changed. That, at least, you must admit.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Xano(m): 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
Road construction, infrastructure projects at the rate Akwa Ibom did will put it in debt. Now, they should lure in investors into the state. Akwa Ibom need investments to generate revenue.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by honeric01(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
Jakpon: Your fact is hinged on the figures of a flawed census that is eight years behind time.
Do you know the number of LCDA's that has been created out of Alimosho local government since 2006?

The combination of the population at Ejigbo, Ikotun, Idimu Egbeda, Igando and Akowonjo alone which are just few areas in Alimosho local government is higher than the entire Akwa Ibom

Alimosho is 2 million plus

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagelinks.php?p=6
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Systeme101: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
django1: Building flyovers and tunnels for keke napep. Iranu!
its people lik u dat wil stil turnaround nd criticize d state if der ws no flyover, dnt u knw dt der r basic infracstructure dat must b put on-ground b4 d so call industralization kickstarts?..
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by gebest: 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
AKWA IBOM, BROOOOKE
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by arresa: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
edyza: I seriously don't key into this crap,when u are being allocated 138. something billion and your project budget for 2014 is 400b,how can u not have money to clear d coin tractors and still av a whole lot left.
these guys should rather shut the Bleep up and stop feeling we are idiots and dummies walking around.

The man actually lied all the way...

They not only collect more in allocation, they also post the highest state budget in Nigeria and they do it via deception and budgetary maneuvers..

At the beginning of the year, they'll post the budget for the year and like around half way through the year, the governor sends a supplemental request to his rubber stamp lawmakers for more money.

The budget for 2012 was N397 billion, but he sent a supplemental request for N125 billion which he was gladly given. This means, the budget for 2012 was actually N522 billion, the highest in Nigeria..

The budget for 2013 was N459 billion, but he sent a supplemental request for N70 billion which was gladly given. This means the budget for 2013 was actually N540 billion, the highest in Nigeria ever..

This is the con game the man is playing with the not only the highest allocation, but also the highest budget in Nigeria.

Lets look at what he did with all the money...

According to them, they are spending 80% on capital projects, but they still have uncompleted projects with the budgets in the whole of West Africa..

The few shiny roads and fly over in Uyo were built years back so at 80% on capital projects, are they still spending the same amount on already built projects the man is talking about?

How many billions and years do you need to build a little airport? It's still an uncompleted project

After spending tens of billions on the measly tropicana amusement park, it is still an uncompleted project.

After spending tens of billions of the misguided and lack of priority stadium, it's still an uncompleted project...

After spending tens of billions on the only hospital he dabbled into with his 8 years and 2 terms in office, it's still an uncompleted project.

All in all, these are projects they have on the ground and you can count them on one hand..

Tropicana amusement park - Uncompleted.

General Hospital - uncompleted.

Stadium - Uncompleted

Airport - Uncompleted

Mind you, they spend 80% on capital projects. ..but with 80% of the largest budget in Nigeria on less than 5 capital projects, the projects are still no where near completion. SO where is the 80% on capital projects going? No where, it's all lies and deception...

Mind you, they still have $60 million debt/Loan on the side.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Audu’s Death, Faleke’s Legal Significance & Why The Law Cannot author Confusion / Navy Arrests Avengers’ Logistics Supplier / Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.