Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out (20239 Views)

Ezekwesili: We’re Being Reminded Of Military Era. The Cable. / SSS Uncovers Stockpiles Of Arms, Ammunition In Akwa Ibom Govt House-PremiumTimes / DSS Invasion Of Akwa Ibom Govt’s House Unacceptable – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by edyza(m): 9:46am On Sep 16, 2014
I seriously don't key into this crap,when u are being allocated 138. something billion and your project budget for 2014 is 400b,how can u not have money to clear d coin tractors and still av a whole lot left.
these guys should rather shut the Bleep up and stop feeling we are idiots and dummies walking around.

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 16, 2014
see make dem go check him pocket sharp sharp. Wich bank account him dey use? Go check am sharpaly. Na dia all d money dey. Rubbish. Na im statesmen him dey lie for o
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by nduchucks: 9:48am On Sep 16, 2014
Most Nigerian Governors with the exception of one or two, are not qualified to effectively run a small town as mayor, let alone govern a state. These governors should hire proven and well qualified expartriates as advisers when it comes to managing the wealth of their states.

Will they do so, NO. Why? Their looting with impunity will be exposed. Barawos embarassed

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 16, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: Aaaggrrhhhh....shoki!!!

shoki shoki shoki!!!!

2 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Jakpon: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2014
chinasaekperem: alimosho LGA has precisely 1,277,714 people according to 2006 census while akwa ibom has almost 5million people. Olodo rabata www.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lagos_State_local_government_areas_by_population
Your fact is hinged on the figures of a flawed census that is eight years behind time.
Do you know the number of LCDA's that has been created out of Alimosho local government since 2006?

The combination of the population at Ejigbo, Ikotun, Idimu Egbeda, Igando and Akowonjo alone which are just few areas in Alimosho local government is higher than the entire Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Spidermon: 9:50am On Sep 16, 2014
Everyday we keep hearing about billions being dispersed in this our country and yet we see little or no justification. Even the smallest actions are being politicized in our country. Of all the state govts, the administration in Lagos is to me undoubtedly the one eyed muthafhucker amongst blind muthafhuckers....at least dem dey chop eba remain. This akpabio guy chop eba, lick all the soup, he wan even chop the plate join!!!!

5 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by adanny01(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2014
nely: Akpabio for life....vote udom 2015 for continunity...although am not from akwa-ibom but their government are really doing their best, with quality roads and the new stadium is world classs.....

Those projects are just tunnels of embezzelment. Look at it this way, Akwa Ibom has recieved almost 7times what Osun recieved. They do one or two very good projects and clear the account the no one will have a cause for alarm. If any one ask where is our money, they say world class stadium or world class fly over or world class road. If you juxtapose that against their capital budget, it wont match and the keep pointing to one or two projects.

Another way you should look at it is, give lagos state N135billion, it will be like a drop in the ocean but in that small city of uyo, its supposed to be a heaven of Nigeria by now.

5 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Cholison(m): 9:52am On Sep 16, 2014
Ask them how much is spent on chartered jets weekly. Akpabio has grounded the state with uncommon transformation to debtor.

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Vikthor(m): 9:52am On Sep 16, 2014
Jaideyone: that has been done again and again. Google is there for you to use
angry Fashola has done natin.... Quit supporting that APC doushebag!....
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 16, 2014
shockwave91:

shoki shoki shoki!!!!
i like the song lyk die! Yoruba rocks!!!!!!!
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2014
our system is not working. when there is corruption even a trillion dollars will not get any meaningful thing done!

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Charles4075(m): 9:57am On Sep 16, 2014
Like seriously? Things fall apart.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Octaves(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2014
Mismanagement of funds. Using public funds to sponsor weddings, buy bullet proof vehicles. Then the big projects some of which are unnecessary ' at the moment'. All these are now taking a toll. Imprudent and 'unself-controlling' leaders are the problem of naija.

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by gemiclem(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2014
i don't believe this,,even if its true we are not broke just bankrupt,our project are solid and the new hospital when completed will be wow (i don't think such exists anywhere in naija)

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by cocoduck: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2014
The title is misleading. He never said the state coffers were empty, he said that the state needs more money. Nobody in this world can ever be satisfied with the money he or she has, let alone a government. maybe you've not heard the expression " I need money more than the government". fools on this forum who comprehension is not in their dictionary always type rubbish.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by omenka(m): 10:01am On Sep 16, 2014
"You don’t build flyovers with N1 or N2. You don’t build underground tunnels with N2; you don’t dualize federal roads with N2; you build them with billions, so you put these monies into big projects."
This man should be caught and castrated and have his balls and brains fed to pigs!! Of the said money that has accrued to the state over the period under review by the fiscal commission, how many multi billion naira projects have been delivered?? angry These men make me sick to my stomach!! They think all Ngerians are fools?? They mess with little girls whom they are old enough to parent, get their brains screwed overnight, and then wake up the next dey to spew crap all over the media!!

This is so anoying!!

3 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 16, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: i like the song lyk die! Yoruba rocks!!!!!!!

i feel u

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by DaGC(m): 10:03am On Sep 16, 2014
Thread title obviously have so many people here fooled.
Looks like political jabs to me.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by egopersonified(f): 10:03am On Sep 16, 2014
Hope I wont read that the Nigerian president also made this statement in future.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by ideology(m): 10:04am On Sep 16, 2014
Haters will talk,
Esp APC.

Yes Funds are mismanaged, but not enough reason to insult anyone.
Even Lagos can't claim not to have mismanaged funds somehow.

Osun state even had to raise funds and borrowed as well to pay salaries.

Who knows what is happening in other states

Visionless folks will say flyovers are built for keke nape, is it a crime to think big.

Am out of here…
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 16, 2014
Akpabio get estate after Ajah.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 16, 2014
imagine dis criminal thinkin he can politiciz math: ' 80pacent of 123bn is about 80bn'. Cruk
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 16, 2014
ideology: Haters will talk,
Esp APC.

Yes Funds are mismanaged, but not enough reason to insult anyone.
Even Lagos can't claim not to have mismanaged funds somehow.

Osun state even had to raise funds and borrowed as well to pay salaries.

Who knows what is happening in other states

Visionless folks will say flyovers are built for keke nape, is it a crime to think big.

Am out of here…
Dey there dey mumu yourself.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by 2n2k(m): 10:17am On Sep 16, 2014
edyza: I seriously don't key into this crap,when u are being allocated 138. something billion and your project budget for 2014 is 400b,how can u not have money to clear d coin tractors and still av a whole lot left.
these guys should rather shut the Bleep up and stop feeling we are idiots and dummies walking around.

The state budgeted expenditure for 2014 is N400b. On pro-rata basis, it supposed to have received and spent N200b by mid-year but only received N138b as income for that period. That is a shortfall of N52b and if annualised, by end of the year, it will be N104b shortfall if situation remain the same. That is what the commissioner is talking about.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by psucc(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2014
nely: Akpabio for life....vote udom 2015 for continunity...although am not from akwa-ibom but their government are really doing their best, with quality roads and the new stadium is world classs.....

Pls for God's sake forget the infrastructures. Akpabio built federal govt projects and those monies are paid back to the state upon completion exception of roads in Ikot Ekpene town and Essien Udim.

We are more interested in stomach infrastructure like Ekiti People. Salaries are only paid over the radio and pages of newspapers.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by abagoro(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2014
rozayx5: another joke

abagoro twisting the headlines to suit his agenda grin cheesy grin

Who do you take me for?

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Jaideyone(m): 10:25am On Sep 16, 2014
Vikthor:
angry Fashola has done natin.... Quit supporting that APC doushebag!....
it's either you are mad or just severely retar*ded... why did u call me a douche bag just because I aired my opinion? worthless orangutan

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Orikinla(m): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2014
Blame the fools who voted for him and his ogas at the top.
https://www.nairaland.com/1904482/why-nigeria-bad-leaders-power

1 Like

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by BlackTechnology: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2014

His words: “When you are talking about allocation of N135.84 billion, it sounds big to you, but it is not a lot of money when you are doing key projects. When you look at projects like the new international stadium, these are not bread and butter projects. These are quality projects that cost money.

“You don’t build flyovers with N1 or N2. You don’t build underground tunnels with N2; you don’t dualize federal roads with N2; you build them with billions, so you put these monies into big projects. So, the states you are mentioning, are they able to do these types of projects?”

Every good state government desire to transform their states into a mini America.
This causing them to build beautiful infrastructure as fulfilment of their dream

But one challenge we face is in balancing infrastructural development and financial empowerment of indigenes with limited resources.

SOLUTION TO THIS DILEMMA

1) Invest in profitable ventures and infrastructures first then

2) Use the profits and low taxes to obtain and clear loans for infrastructures that generate little or no income. Eg Schools Hospitals Stadiums Roads Bridges etc.

" Prepare your fields(assets) first after that build your house(liability) "
PROVERBS 24: 27

Asset, which is what puts money into your pocket should come first before liability which is what takes away money from your pocket

In other words

An asset house should be built first before a liability house.

For every liability built, they should be assets whose incomes can sustain it

The Stadium, which profitable ventures are sustaining its maintenance and loan if it was built with borrowed money

Likewise other infrastructures

Akwa Ibom govt you failed in this aspect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by rozayx5(m): 10:32am On Sep 16, 2014
abagoro:

Who do you take me for?

sorry the Governor or his commissioner did not say we are broke, find another state to troll ok cool cool
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2014
Keneking: Akpa nbom ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

Where is EFCC? Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
grin grin grin grin This Jnaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thing una dy do dy make me laugh always.
Re: We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out by Wisedata(m): 10:51am On Sep 16, 2014
Maybe their oil money is meant for election processes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds / Two Men To Pay N1m For Blocking Governor Yahaya Bello’s Convoy / Petrol Scarcity To Linger As Cargoes Are ‘Stranded’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.