Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right (31465 Views)

A Good Piece Of Advice Finding Mr. Right / Fifteen Reasons Why Beautiful women Have Trouble Finding Mr.right / The Pain Of Finding True Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by MissUnderstood(f): 11:33am On Sep 18, 2014
But what happens to the women who are not like the typical Nigerian lady who keep meeting the typical Nigerian guy who is also superficial. I agree that women these days are superficial and callous when it comes to deciding who Mr right is. But there are women out there who believe in building a relationship from scratch and growing with someone but they get burnt.

Sometimes the man who is still in the process of growing doesnt know what he wants. He will probably stick to a girl who wants him because she wants him. When things start to go well for him and the SUPERFICIAL Nigerian girls start noticing him and throwing their materialistic selves at him. He starts to see that The girl who wanted to grow with him isnt what he wants anymore. Suddenly she's too plain for him. He wants a light skinned girl who looks like she fell out of MTV Base.

So when he leaves this girl that grew with him, it becomes hard for her to start this same game all over again with another man and can you blame her for now wanting the man she now believes would know what he wants.

We've evolved into a world where we create our own unhappiness. There should be no yard stick with these things. Guys fall for the girl who look put together and girls fall for money forgetting that "happily ever after" is something that material things cant create.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by linuszakari332(m): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Life is fair and just base on the principle of natural morality u don't expect to sow rice and harvest beans...because is as simple u are wild gal who encage in things dat ar nt moraly healthy and u xpect to get a mr right!!!!!!! No way karma will diffnately catch up wit u....rememba menopause is knwcking.......
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by lovelyronke20(f): 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
Get a Mr Left and turn him to Mr Right..
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by raphy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
omoharry:
No, Nairaland is filled up with Heart Broken and bitter men including young men in their teens. Since they don't have anywhere to vent their anger , frustration and insecurity, nairaland become that dumping ground. Many of them are depress and trying to lick their wounds. However only 1 percent of them are mature and they would rather not spit bitter out bitter utterance at all women on this forum.
dont think like this,deary Nl is filled wt matured ppl dont let pictures,desive u.so think about matured guys dont d teens owns d yard.
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by Demichaels: 9:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
most ladies (men inclusive ) who are looking for Mr. right are actually on the left. anyway, if you can't find Mr. right, try and find Mr. LEFT and DRAG him to the RIGHT. MY PHILOSOPHY!!!!!!!!
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by okudah(m): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
rozzay: OP abeg no vex, I no want make u vex but I no dey see for morning pls summary in 2 line cos I d love to comment abeg. Thank u
What do u mean by u no dey see for morning?
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by okudah(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
nikkypearl: Get Mr left and turn him to the RIGHT!!

There nothing like MR RIGHT!
pls ma lady is there any miss left that can be turned to miss right?
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by Nobody: 1:12am On Sep 19, 2014
Mister Right is whoever you decide to be with and not necessarily the guy of your dreams.

Misconception full ground that is why people loose out. Miss A's idea of Mister Right may have been friendzoned somewhere by Miss B. So what then are we saying?

Miss Right na the 'lady' wey sabi say getting noticed isn't just by how long your Brazilian weave is or how talky-talky-see-me you are.
She knows how not to be in the dark but still radiate enough shine to make him see her.

We all have a degree of 'rightness' in us.
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by BreezyRita(f): 1:55am On Sep 19, 2014
MissUnderstood: But what happens to the women who are not like the typical Nigerian lady who keep meeting the typical Nigerian guy who is also superficial. I agree that women these days are superficial and callous when it comes to deciding who Mr right is. But there are women out there who believe in building a relationship from scratch and growing with someone but they get burnt.

Sometimes the man who is still in the process of growing doesnt know what he wants. He will probably stick to a girl who wants him because she wants him. When things start to go well for him and the SUPERFICIAL Nigerian girls start noticing him and throwing their materialistic selves at him. He starts to see that The girl who wanted to grow with him isnt what he wants anymore. Suddenly she's too plain for him. He wants a light skinned girl who looks like she fell out of MTV Base.

So when he leaves this girl that grew with him, it becomes hard for her to start this same game all over again with another man and can you blame her for now wanting the man she now believes would know what he wants.

We've evolved into a world where we create our own unhappiness. There should be no yard stick with these things. Guys fall for the girl who look put together and girls fall for money forgetting that "happily ever after" is something that material things cant create.

Yeah, you're right. But what can we do?
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2014
omoharry:
No, Nairaland is filled up with Heart Broken and bitter men including young men in their teens. Since they don't have anywhere to vent their anger , frustration and insecurity, nairaland become that dumping ground. Many of them are depress and trying to lick their wounds. However only 1 percent of them are mature and they would rather not spit bitter out bitter utterance at all women on this forum.

lol..
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 19, 2014
shady26: Pardon me but you sound very young and immature. i know cause i had this same line of thought when i was younger, when i was not even thinking of marriage. with age comes a certain way of thinking, a certain dressing sense and a thirst for certain types of woman. then i used to argue with my Bros wife that i was gonna marry a hot, sexy, belly Tattooed , ankle chain wearing , gum chewing lady hmm wink. not anymore now that am ready for it.....thinking of a homely , well trained , cultured , responsible , respectful and modest woman with a good heart ( notice the shift from outward sharpness to inner beauty?)**thinking more of my future kids now*** smiley

I concur..
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by MissUnderstood(f): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2014
BreezyRita:

Yeah, you're right. But what can we do?

We Pray and Hope. smiley
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by agangadiman(m): 11:09am On Sep 19, 2014
they are greedy and materialistic, always looking at their lying friends and wanting other people's property.#
then they cant even strike up good conversation and think every man that says hello wants to bed them

with their sacrificial weave that was prayed on by budhaa they want to tell you who is original that you need to fix up?

most of them have not had any real life experience of love in their own homes, which is why they do not know how to give it.

thats why you will find so many single ladies. they are single of their own doing

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by pansophist(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2014
MissUnderstood: But what happens to the women who are not like the typical Nigerian lady who keep meeting the typical Nigerian guy who is also superficial. I agree that women these days are superficial and callous when it comes to deciding who Mr right is. But there are women out there who believe in building a relationship from scratch and growing with someone but they get burnt.

It is both ways, same coin applies to men too. Many men have sponsored their fiancee, gf etc to uni, open a business for her and try to elevate her higher than her current social rung, but at the end she left him for someone else with flimsy excuse like ''he is not educated'', ''doesnt speak good english'', ''not my type of guy'' etc. In other words, its mutual and women are guilty of this too

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by noskybanj(m): 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lolz. Our girls need 2 realize sm tins. No man want 2 take a wild woman 2 his parents. Wen u r dating, follow him wit sense. He might say "I love it wen u dress dis hot or dat hot" "make u go 2 different kind of places all in d name of fun". Bt d truth is, wen its time 4 marriage, he'll go 4 d 1 dat he thinks is decent nd godly. Am nt saying dnt go out r dress hot, bt always REMEMBER WO U R. Sm say any body way wan talk make im talk, bt believe me, smtimes u just av 2 keep yaself frm being talked abt
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by HFOG(f): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tallesty1: Lols............ You are right@Op.

I once asked a lady who was lamenting how hard it is to find a responsible guy a simple a question and she could not answer it.

"If you are this type of guy that you are looking for, would you marry a girl that is exactly like you?".

Be good, live as good and responsible as you want your husband to be and he will find you.

How can a woman who has fake hair, nails, eyelashes, breasts, lips, buttocks, fake collor, drinks, smokes, changes guys weekly, clubs till dawn have the nerve to ask for a real man?

Sorry, It doesn't work that way.
Are you against the use of make ups?
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by HFOG(f): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tallesty1: Opposites attractsad
Not in this case. I'm sure you know that
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by Tallesty1(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
HFOG:
Are you against the use of make ups?
excessive use of make ups
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by HFOG(f): 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tallesty1: excessive use of make ups
I see. But 'excessive' is a relative term you know. If you do not mind, what do you consider mild makeup?
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by Tallesty1(m): 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
HFOG:
I see. But 'excessive' is a relative term you know. If you do not mind, what do you consider mild makeup?
Common, don't ask questions on what you already know the answer.
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by NifemiOlu(m): 8:43am On Sep 20, 2014
omoharry:

Na wa o. People will just keep conjuring statistics anyhow. Wow!
Re: The Nigerian Woman And The Challenge Of Finding Mr. Right by MissUnderstood(f): 10:15am On Sep 22, 2014
pansophist:

It is both ways, same coin applies to men too. Many men have sponsored their fiancee, gf etc to uni, open a business for her and try to elevate her higher than her current social rung, but at the end she left him for someone else with flimsy excuse like ''he is not educated'', ''doesnt speak good english'', ''not my type of guy'' etc. In other words, its mutual and women are guilty of this too

True..... Like I said we are the authors of our problems. I guess good things will find their way to those who try to maintain a good heart despite the overwhelming influence of society and allow us to see beyond the surface. We don't realize that finding and staying with the people who were willing to help you and watch you grow is a very rare gift.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dubai Babes Beer Parlour For Umuoringo and T*T* Tastas / A Guy Throws His Girlfriend A Surprise Proposal After Faking A Fight / My Girlfriend Met Another Girl On My Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.