Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. (26843 Views)

Most Memorable Football Quotes Of 2014 / Most Hilarious Football Pictures / Football Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by 1stola: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
BodyKiss:

Where is the racism here? You sound fóolish yourself.
Just because your brain is too dull to understand a simple logic doesn't mean some people can't also.
Only a retardèd fool like you can't understand why Alex used " a boy from ivory coast" to compare Wenger.
Why not a girl from England?
fool.

6 Likes

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by DMilanista: 6:10pm On Sep 20, 2014
sirculynz:
1). Diego Maradona ( on his "hand of God goal" against
England in World Cup 1986) "I was waiting for my teammates to embrace me and no one came... I told
them, 'Come hug me or the referee isn't going to allow it'."
2).Diego Maradona(on his numerous kids): "My legitimate kids are Dalma and Giannina. The rest are a product of my money and mistakes."
3).Diego Maradona: "God makes me play well. That is why I always make the sign of the cross when I walk out onto the pitch. I feel I would be betraying him if I didn't."
4). Jurgen Klopp ( On Bayern Munich) “Go through the world and find me a team who can finish champions in the same league as Bayern. If we should finish second this summer, I’ll find a truck and drive it through my garden. If nobody will rejoice, I’ll do it alone.”
5).Jurgen Klopp ( On his approach in dealing with Mats Hummels Injury Crisis): “We will wait for him like a good wife waiting for her husband who is in jail.”
thanx. I'll try to find more.
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Jarexxx(m): 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2014
Jose Mourinho on Salomon Kalou's disallowed goal: ''I can't understand it. If the linesman wants to explain, then maybe it would
be a good thing,I told the linesman I would be waiting for his phone call to apologise.We scored a great goal. Only the linesman can tell us
why he disallowed the goal."
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Mehn!.... I really do miss Sir Alex.....As for Beckham, we all know he did a way better job at playing football than speaking right?; but thanks to the help of his rumored public speaking coach (* cough* American english tutor), which the papers claimed his Mrs, "Spicy posh" hired for him, on thier arrival to the United States; his public speaking has improved drastically.
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by zyzxx(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
20).Peterborough's Chris Turner: "I ve
told the players we need to win matches
so dat I can av d cash to buy some new
ones". cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

Which cain coach be dis

3 Likes

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by FranckJay: 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
Jose Mourinho on Pep Guardiola; If yu enjoy what yu re doing yu don't lose hair look at Guardiola he dosent enjoy football dats why he's losing hair

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
These are hilarious quotes
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by DMilanista: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
18 OF JURGEN KLOPP’S BEST QUOTES (INCLUDING MATS HUMMELS AND THE BROOMSTICK)
The transfer of Dortmund’s German centre-back Mats Hummels to the Van Gaal revolution at Old Trafford is all but complete, we even have a crazy quote from football’s maddest, daftest and angriest manager Jurgen Klopp to confirm it in his own inimitable fashion:
“If that’s not a bullsh*t story, I’ll eat a broomstick.”

So, because we love Jurgen Klopp, we’ve collected his funniest quotes into one list of nonsense and
madness:
“Yes, it’s true. I underwent a hair transplant. I think
the results are really cool, don’t you?”
“When I gave the first interview, I was very disappointed. After the second one 10 minutes later I was feeling better. In 30 minutes, I’ll probably feel like we won the match.”
“I’m a bit proud of my first red card as a coach. I approached the fourth official and said: ‘How many
mistakes are allowed here? If it’s 15, you have one
more.’”
“We will wait for him like a good wife waiting for her
husband who is in jail.”
Klopp’s approach to dealing with Mats Hummels’ injury problems.
“My wife wrote a book for children. It’s like Harry Potter – but it’s about football. There’s no Harry Potter flying on his f*cking stick – just football.”
“I sent him a text message saying: ‘Schalke??’. He was a good guy – until this morning. Why Kevin? He was at Milan.”
(Klopp wasn’t happy with former Dortmund star
Kevin-Prince Boateng’s move to arch rivals Schalke
04.)
“Gotze’s leaving because he’s Guardiola’s favourite. If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s mine. I can’t make myself shorter and learn Spanish.”
“Screw you. I like giving interviews to you as much as having toothache. Do you have to come here or what?”
“Go through the world and find me a team who can
finish champions in the same league as Bayern. If we should finish second this summer, I’ll find a truck and drive it through my garden. If nobody will rejoice, I’ll do it alone.”
“We have a bow and arrow, and if we aim well, we can hit the target. The problem is that Bayern has a bazooka.”
“When BVB last won here, most of my players were
still being breastfed.” Klopp’s delight when his young players beat Bayern for the first time.
“I told my players during the break: Since we’re here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football.”
“’Uefa Cup Feeling?’ Is this something like heartburn?”
“At the moment, they are like the Chinese in the business world. They look at what others are doing
and copy it, just with more money.” Klopp’s attitude towards Bayern Munich’s tactics, which he’s sure he’s seen before.
“My game system is called ‘fun football’.”
“The only thing I can say is that it was great. London’s the town of the Olympic Games. The weather was good, everything’s okay, only the result is so sh*t.” After the 2013 Champions League Final, which Dortmund lost.
“Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world. But at United he plays 20 minutes per game. And on the left. My heart breaks when I see that. A tear springs up in my eye.”

Source: www.theequaliser.com/2014/07/23/18-of-jurgen-klopps-best-quotes-including-mats-hummels-and-the-broomstick

2 Likes

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by yadnus1(m): 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
'They 've got Sanogo now they want to get either Lugano or Yobo and in January they will get Snobo and Obo'

A readers reaction after reading online that Arsenal are weighing up the idea of signing Yobo or Lugano as a temporary measure to fix their troubled CB before the January Transfer Market.
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by encryptjay(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
chinex276: I never knew ian HOLLOWAY WAS A MORE TALKATIVE DAN MOURINHO.
Now dis frm d special 1 himself...
JOSE MOURINHO after a former AS roma coach insulted him, asked about it he said:: "who is he, pls , wen i am on holiday i think i'll google his name 2 know who he is and what he has won"
Mourinho is wicked fa...
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by encryptjay(m): 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
JOSE MOURINHO after a former AS roma coach insulted him, asked about it he said:: "who is he, pls , wen i am on holiday i think i'll google his name 2 know who he is and what he has won"
pure brutality!!!
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
1stola: 5).Sir Alex Ferguson (on Arsene Wenger): " They say he's an
intelligent man right? Speaks five languages! I've got a 15yr old
boy from d ivory Coast who speaks 5 languages!".

FOOLISH RACIST angry
u're just a bitter and angry morrafucker...GGMU
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by BodyKiss(m): 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
1stola:
Just because your brain is too dull to understand a simple logic doesn't mean some people can't also.
Only a retardèd fool like you can't understand why Alex used " a boy from ivory coast" to compare Wenger.
Why not a girl from England?
fool.

How deluded are you? Dúmb cannot even describe your person. You think you're smart? o well, good luck to you, fóol.
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by decatalyst(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
LWKMD!!!

Not because am a ManUtd fan, but I think Sir Ferguson's quotes are dope! Ian Hallowe is a mad hell of a commentator than a manager!

Lol!

I dey imagine fergie's solution to the noisy neighbors. lol!
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
hahaha, nawa fr d SPECIAL O NE ooo
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
FranckJay: Jose Mourinho on Pep Guardiola; If yu enjoy what yu re doing yu don't lose hair look at Guardiola he dosent enjoy football dats why he's losing hair
OMG. Mourinho has got a bad mouth .. Lo l
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by DMilanista: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
Diego Maradona's Quotes:
"There would be no debate about who was the best footballer the world had ever seen - me or Pele. Everyone would say me"

"Everybody in Argentina can remember 'the hand of God' in the England match in the 1986 World Cup. Now, in my country, the 'hand of God' has brought us an Argentinian pope"

"I am black or white, I'll never be grey in my life"

"The problem is that they are all stars at Madrid. You need someone to carry the water to the well"

"If I could apologise and go back and change history I would do. But the goal is still a goal, Argentina became world champions and I was the best player in the world"

"If you don't want to play clean football then go up into the stands"

Diego Maradona on his rival to the 'world's best ever player' award, Pele...
"Pele should go back to the museum."

Diego Maradona on the entire nation of France and its greatest football star...
"We all know what the French are like and Platini as a Frenchman thinks he knows it all."

Diego Maradona on fatherhood...
"My legitimate kids are Dalma and Giannina. The rest are a product of my money and mistakes."

Diego Maradona on sportsmanship...
"I was waiting for my teammates to embrace me and no one came, ... I told them, 'Come hug me or the referee isn't going to allow it.'"

Diego Maradona on smashing the car of a photographer.. .
"I did it with the hand of reason."

Diego Maradona on being voted Fifa's joint
Player of the Century...
"The people voted for me. Now they want me to
share the prize with Pele. I'm not going to share the
prize with anybody."

Diego Maradona on World Cup 1998, and clearly not anticipating this one...
"The players have all got square feet. They are like
Robocops, they have more need of lubricant than
massage. I don't believe the tournament could be worse."
Diego Maradona on his political affiliation...
"I believe in [Venezuelen President Hugo] Chávez, I
am Chavista. Everything Fidel [Castro] does, everything Chávez does, for me is the best."

Diego Maradona on his team's work ethic...
"I have 23 wildcats prepared to leave their skins on
the pitch."

Diego Maradona on American politics...
"I think Bush is a murderer. I'm going to head the
march against him stepping foot on Argentine soil."

Diego Maradona on proving the doubters wrong...
"To those who did not believe: now suck my d**k -
I'm sorry ladies for my words - and keep on sucking
it. I am either white or black. I will never be grey in
my life. You treated me as you did. Now keep on
sucking d**ks. I am grateful to my players and to the Argentinian people. I thank no one but them. The rest, keep on sucking d**ks."

Maradona shortly before retirement.
"I was, I am and I always will be a drug addict. A person who gets involved in drugs has to fight it
everyday."

Maradona on Pele:
"He took the wrong pill. Instead of taking the pill for before bedtime, he took his morning pill. He got confused. I suggest that next time he takes the right medication and that he changes his doctor"
Maradona advises that his foe reviews the medicine
he is taking after he claimed that Neymar was a better player than Lionel Messi.

"Why would you compare me to Pele? My mother said I'm stronger and that he played with players who couldn't even move"
Pele’s opponents during the fifties and sixties weren’t the most athletic of specimens, according to El Pibe.

"While presenting this year's Ballon d'Or to Cristiano Ronaldo, Pele uttered his name as 'Cristiano Leonardo'. This just shows where he belongs"
In the museum, Diego? Maradona reacts to Pele
mispronouncing Cristiano Ronaldo's name at the
2014 Ballon d'Or ceremony in Zurich.

"My God, that is just stupid. Maybe Neymar is the best player in the world, but only if you say that Messi is from a different planet"
Maradona is still unimpressed by Pele’s opinion that
Neymar is the best player in the world.

"I don't like comparisons with Pele because of the stupid things he says. He keeps on saying stupid stuff when he takes the wrong pills"
As of 2013, Pele had still yet to get his medication
right.

"The good thing when we talk about Messi and me is that there is a colored man at FIFA who isn't happy that we are being discussed."
Maradona suggests that Pele becomes jealous when
critics discuss who is the best Argentine of all time.

"This is maybe due to old age affecting his thought processes. You can't blame the guy, he hasn't been doing anything for the past 20 years. I haven't even seen him in a supermarket. I don't know what he does”
Maybe Pele was in the museum? Maradona reacts in
2012 to the Brazilian’s assertion that Messi will never be as good as him.

"Usually, when you see him these days, it's only at award ceremonies next to the president of FIFA and looking like a doll that's being moved by remote control”
Maradona accuses Pele of being a puppet of FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

"When the tragedy happened to the Togolese team, a certain colored gentleman who played No.10 didn't believe that the World Cup could be played here. But today South Africa answers him 'yes it can', the World Cup begins"
Maradona slams Pele after the Brazilian doubted Africa’s ability to stage the 2010 World Cup.

"What do you want me to say? He debuted with a lad"
Maradona’s most controversial quote about Pele in
2009. Diego jokingly responds to Pele’s criticism that he is a bad role model to children because of his history of drugs abuse by bringing up old claims - repeatedly denied by the Brazilian - that he had a relationship with a man when he was a teenager.

"The biggest and main difference between Pele and Maradona is I have the respect of all footballers, which Pele does not have. Pele is a friend of those who manage football. I am not friends with them. I am with the players”
Maradona accuses Pele of being part of the establishment, while he is a man of the people.

"In 2000 I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people. Pele was second. He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman. The award that FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t"
Dieguito claims that Pele isn’t even loved in Brazil and reminds everyone that the Player of the Century prize that FIFA created for the Brazilian has no credibility.
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by 1stola: 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
BodyKiss:

How deluded are you? Dúmb cannot even describe your person. You think you're smart? o well, good luck to you, fóol.
Slonge2: u're just a bitter and angry morrafucker...GGMU

If only you two had kept quite, nobody would have known that you're a cretins!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by moxrit(m): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hilarious quotes... Really enjoyed the ones from Ian Holloway.
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by musulumi(m): 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
Jose Mourinho : " Who's La Monaco? The only Monaco I knw is Bayern Monaco and AS Monaco, any other Monaco I don't know"

When Catania FC Chairman accused him of lack of respect when at Inter Milan .
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by AmNotDrunk(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
DMilanista: @ OP, Please help add comments from Maradona and Pele, and also Jorgen Klopp. These 3 got some hilarious comments.

Jurgen Klopp after losing UCL to bayern
“When I gave the first interview, I
was very disappointed. After the
second one 10 minutes later I was
feeling better. In 30 minutes, I’ll
probably feel like we won the
match.

On his first red card.
“I’m a bit proud of my first red card
as a coach. I approached the fourth
official and said: ‘How many
mistakes are allowed here? If it’s 15,
you have one more.’

We will wait for him like a good
wife waiting for her husband who is
in jail.” He said on Matt hummels injury during world cup
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by AmNotDrunk(m): 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
“Gotze’s leaving because he’s
Guardiola’s favourite. If it’s
anyone’s fault, it’s mine. I can’t
make myself shorter and learn
Spanish.”
Jurgen Klopp on Gotze's transfer to Bayern

“Go through the world and find me a
team who can finish champions in
the same league as Bayern. If we
should finish second this summer,
I’ll find a truck and drive it through
my garden. If nobody will rejoice, I’ll
do it alone.”

“When BVB last won here, most of my
players were still being breastfed.”
Klopp’s delight when his
young players beat Bayern for the
first time.

“We have a bow and arrow, and if
we aim well, we can hit the target.
The problem is that Bayern has a
bazooka.”

1 Like

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by nwaobitex: 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
grin
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by kannymoore(m): 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
Jarus: I can't quote verbatim but Arsene Wenger's (or was his coach at Portsmouth's?) comment on Kanu's legs (and age) was funny. Something like "he can only play for 15 minutes, he's an old man, we stretcher him in the dressing room after a match". Word to that effect. cheesy grin

i remember that quote! It was Harry Redknapp... Right after Kanu had helped Portsmouth win the FA cup.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Bellfun(m): 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Scotland's Berti Vogts: "If I walked on water, my accusers would say it is because I can't swim".

Now that's classic!!!...enemies will always complain!

1 Like

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2014

FOOLISH RACIST angry
. How is he a racist,so a white man abusing a fellow white man is termed Racism. Guy u no get sense.
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by admiral007: 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2014

FOOLISH RACIST angry
Calling him racist has just made you one.

1 Like

Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by 1stola: 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Renegade147: . How is he a racist,so a white man abusing a fellow white man is termed Racism. Guy u no get sense.
Na that your drunkard father no get sense.
fool.
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Waspy(m): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ian Holloway tho....That man and his sense of humour grin grin
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by homesteady(m): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Articul8: Keshi (wen Nigeria lost to Congo) 'I saw it coming'
Prophet Keshi grin
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by MillerHenry(m): 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2014

Na wah c bad mouth
Re: Some Hilarious Football Quotes. Pick ur favourites & Add Urs as Well. by Deiok(m): 8:51pm On Sep 20, 2014

FOOLISH RACIST angry
Why not a 16 yr old girl from England
He is not a racist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia / Update On Eket Township Stadium, work still ongoing .. Photos / Silva: Why Didn't Hypocritical Messi Cry During Chelsea Or Madrid Controversies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.