Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia (26778 Views)

7 Questions As Rohr Releases List For Senegal, Burkina Faso Friendlies / Top Stars May Opt Out Of Eagles Friendlies To Play For Yobo / NFF To Organise Three Matches For The Super Eagles In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by FKO1(m): 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
SAFA CEO, Dennis SAFA CEO, Dennis Mumble, says they want use football to unite the people by organising two high-profile friendlies against our neighbouring countries.

“We want to use the two high-profile international friendly matches as an instrument to unite this continent. What has been happening in the past few days have really left most people in a shock and dismayed,” Mumble said in a statement released by SAFA.

“We have decided to take this step (of playing two high-profile international friendly matches) as part of the fight against xenophobia. Madiba spoke of the power of sport in uniting people from different walks of life and we want to use the power of football to unite this continent and kick out this scourge within certain malcontents in our society."

Mumble feels that the recent violence has dented the image of the country.

“Most sporting personalities have had their say in denouncing these barbaric acts but we want to go a step further by playing friendly matches against neighbouring countries. We want to send out a message to those perpetrating these acts to sit back and realise what they are doing is wrong.

“We are one continent, one Africa, we are all Africans and we say no to xenophobia.”

Details for the two international friendlies will be by SAFA in the next few days.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/bafana/safa-to-organise-two-high-profile-friendlies/207258

.. Lalasticlala
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by FKO1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
... Heheheheheee my quickest fp thread ever... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
No o

You will only be risking the lives of the players.

There is nothing like xenophobia here...xenophobia is discrimination... What we see here is daylight murder and terrorism.

Until you bring the perpetrators to book for all the deaths of our people...you guys will forever never know development

155 Likes 15 Shares

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Basildvalour(m): 8:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
...And won't they "xenophobialize" the opposition teams and their fans

If I were a footballer, I'll prefer hanging my boot at that juncture

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by mhizpeaarl(f): 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
God knows best

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by jacabi(m): 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nonsense! Is that the solution?

37 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by yaskarahyelhope(f): 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
What?

To shed more blood I guess.

I pity d kwantiri that will say yes to that!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by natureblack(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
The discriminatory attitudes learned during the Apartheid have not yet left South-Africans.

By the way,there is this culture of impunity that makes them feel that there would be no negative consequences for them.

Nonsense. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by bright007(f): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
shoro niyen?

9 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Rapsainot(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Okay agreed!!!
Let them come and play there friendly match against NIGERIA here in LAGOS, KANO , ABIA or IBADAN....
I swear a single south African soul will not leave here unharmed.... undecided
If not for midnight 0.04kb per second , the kind vex wet I dey vex now, I for break my MTN now

bright007:
shoro niyen?

OYAMILENU OOO

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by wiringdpt(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
No country should accept

16 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by pretydiva(f): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
And how will dis solve d issue on ground undecided

Friendly match kor enemy match ni...mcteww

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by basisop(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
This South Africans think this is a joke. Smh.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by olamonsor2: 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Ok
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by eedriyz(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
Rubbish! Instead of them to call their citizens to order

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
Lets see if any country will accept to be involved .
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by popcykaylah(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
which friendly una wan organise?God help south Africa and thier people ...if we deploy oshodi boys to SA..una go know say una no sabi violence.. bloody lazy asssholessss..#saynotoxenophobia & #saynotosouthafricans. angry

29 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by eleojo23: 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
Will it be played in south Africa? That would be mass murder. Those guys are high on their xenophobia-inducing drugs. They can go to any length.

Organizing a friendly match is not the solution to this. I think most south Africans need reorientation or even rehabilitation. It's more of a psychological problem.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Youngzedd(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
What have this guys been smoking?

The only fight against xenophobia we want is justice, stop the attack and bring the culprit to book, that's all we need and not one rubbish match.

What if they attack the players?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by justjify(m): 8:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
angry This is RAW-BISH

6 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Smartjeezy(m): 8:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
Abi Dis Man Dey Craze Ni?

5 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by emirp: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
If Nigeria accepts their offer for the friendly then I know we were meant to be fools.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by romaine7(m): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Rubbish....this is making sence at all....we are nt fools.....

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by loomer: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
If una wan unite anybody, make una arrest those people wey we see for video burning those small kids, and the idiot wey stab that Mozambique man to death.

Den we know say una wan unite Africa.

IDIOTS

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Burger01(m): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nonsense! They should talk to their dogs. Bring the perpetrators to book and sanction that useless king that started it in the first instanceangry

4 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by calmdude(m): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
hmmm, the coco this guy is sniffing or the heroin he is shooting up or the mj he is smoking must be top grade o. friendly match, so that they will kill d visiting team supporters while these useless SAns stand and watch as per usual. May God visit them with his anger and may everything bad in life fall upon their dirty king and the boys doing the killing and all those in support.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by frank442: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Medcine after death

A sinner will not go unpurnish

3 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by wandeykul(f): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
I jst pray for peace to reign

2 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by KingsleyCEO: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
I piety the idiotic countries that will accept and send their players on the same field with those demons...

3 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Nimblemind(m): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
To be watched by who?
This our mumu NFF fit decide to offer to play that friendly..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by angelTI(f): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Who is Safa?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Gianni Infantino (FIFA President) In Aso Rock (Pictures) / Wilfred Ndidi Celebrates 100th Appearance For Leicester With A Win / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.