Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland (64415 Views)

5 Reasons Why Linda Ikeji's Blog Makes More Money Than Nairaland / Why Nairaland Makes More Money Than Linda Ikeji! / Who Makes More Cash Everyday Between Linda Ikeji And Seun Of Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by caprini1: 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun has done well.......pure jealousy from"it should have been me not Seun"
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
When a constructive criticism comes, one should embrace it in order to become better. Agreed! Nairaland is a forum, LIB is a blogger but if NL can do something to boost it's image taking suggestion that will make the forum assessible to readers and a medium for investors 2 advertise, am telling u the monthly income of NL will be more than LIB yearly income.

I can do without LIB for a week but I can't imagine NL goin off for a day just like d period it was hijacked.. Mehn I feel so lonely.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by angelseddy(f): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
Talking about upscale matured readers/users bellanaija and stella Dimokorkus blog should be mentioned. LIB just has high traffic full of kids. Leave Seun alone please. He ain't LIB ain't same @ all. He adds value to us compared to LIB that has little/nothing to offer. They don't have the same vision. There's so much fun and relevant learning going on here, bellanaija and SDK blog. LIB doesn't have that to offer!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by JEITO: 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
How sure are you that she bought it with her OWN money

Btw, lindaikeji or whatever blog, does not come close to NL.

While they are focus mostly on fashion, celebrity and maybe latest happenings around the country, NL goes beyond that- it is a general knowledge website..

And mr OP! Wit all d research u don do on blogging, u don buy keke napep?

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
kingthreat: Nairaland's Web design is based on simplicity and adaptation to all devices. Linda Ikeji uses an annoying theme that takes forever to load on a phone.

You're on point bro!

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by CaptBarbosa: 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
maclatunji:

You guys seem not to get it. Obviously, a blog is different from a forum. However, if an advertiser has a budget and has to choose the best platform to get the best ROI, which will it be between Nairaland and Linda Ikeji's blog? This is what we are debating and to anybody who observes and analyses objectively, Linda is winning the contest.

Neither of the 2 is my favourite for online advertising but let us just consider that both Nairaland and Linda Ikeji are Nigerian brands and give them a little support.

You don't get it either, I'm not comparing a forum with a blog, but tryingto compare a blog with another. Linda used to be people's favourite, but not anymore. Go check quality posts, matured comments and blog visitors on Stella's blog. Agreed, nairaland is very annoying and less innovative, but I can't stand Linda's blog for a minute. Since the day I read from Stella's blog, I stopped posting here or going to Linda's blog. Linda's blog moved from hundreds of response to less than 10 in some cases. Believe me when I say she pulled this stunts to keep up with joneses. Like I said earlier, Linda is just living on her past glory. Her blog is the most annoying place to visit.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Rexyl(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
I think the forum is more flexible and accommodating to express oneself than blogging. Anyway those rating the blog over the NL forum must have their reasons on personal ground. Lets judge by the traffic and access to quality resource materials for research and education the blog can't do the beating except it is overrated.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by CaptBarbosa: 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
angelseddy: Talking about upscale matured readers/users bellanaija and stella Dimokorkus blog should be mentioned. LIB just has high traffic full of kids. Leave Seun alone please. He ain't LIB ain't same @ all. He adds value to us compared to LIB that has little/nothing to offer. They don't have the same vision. There's so much fun and relevant learning going on here, bellanaija and SDK blog. LIB doesn't have that to offer!

God bless you a zillion times!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Seun(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
EmoBoy: However, as owner of the most visited indigenous site in Nigeria, Seun is terribly messing up. Seun no vex, but thats my opinion.
Your opinion will be of no value until you clearly explain the ways in which you feel I'm messing up & offer practical suggestions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by iluvmoscow(m): 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
Corporate Ads on Linda's blog:

Gtbank, DSTV, Channel 0, Iroko TV, Dettol, Union Bank, Dangote Cement, MTN, and Visa = 2014 Range Rover. tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Genius100: 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
This OP is a slowpoke. How exactly do you know that Linda Ikeji's blog makes more money than Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Koolking(m): 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Most Nigerians still don't get it. The comparison between LIK and NL is extremely flawed. Each to it's own.

I said it again, NL is not basically for profit making. It's a community, a forum for topical issues with anonymous members. The owner enjoys sheer anonymity and might worth far more in monetary term than LIK. LIK on the other hand is a sensational/romour-centric blogger who makes the loudest noise and enjoys being heard, all at amassing extreme profit from her folly. NL outclass, out-value and will outlive LIK in all ramifications. Whoever takes a rumourmonger serious is too gullible to learn objectively.

LIK will always tell you she bought a million Dollar car, whereas it's all make-believe. Did you know, that's all what LIK is all about? Sensational news and gossips for you to relish and talk about. A desperate politician or societal woman can bait an expensive car on LIK just for her to smear the reputations of an opponent on her blog. I tell ya, LIK is a pro for this kind of business. How sensible is that?

Until the OP share LIK's bank statement here to prove her worth, he is just naive and will believe anything from LIK as an ardent fan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Seun(m): 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
Tex42: I Tell u. some one is about to get his/her a$s fired by seun. Nland mods sha...lol!
Trust me, that's not happening. smiley

Deepfreezer: seun is a man he s got a family and kids to build an empire for. Linda is just a single gurl taking care of herself and siblings.
I was not aware of the kids!! I shall now faint. embarassed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by xtr0v3rt(m): 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
Youngzedd:

Got me grin grin grin grin grin
don't you answer ur calls.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Godfullsam(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
......still waiting for Seun's comment sad
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by SavoG(f): 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Her bf money nko. Sugar daddy money add. Seun na man remember
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Olyboy16(m): 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun: Yes, 9jagirl4re, please tell us more about Linda's interns. I know about her business manager but not the interns.
Oga seun. Fear not! Yoruba people would say "ma se wo ago alaago sise" meaning "dont let another man's means of success distract you from your own plans and focus".
Mr seun you do realise you are a "webmaster" not some pretty face printing "blogger"!
Yes, it means you are more sophisticated and extensible..these are some reasons why you should infact not give a damn about whatever anybody says:
1. You manage your servers yourself! You brainstorm everyday finding the safest means to secure your data and also face the risk of getting hacked any goddamn moment! "some people" dunt even knw wia dia sites ar hosted.
2. You host and write ur codes urself. For this kinda large scale forum, i say kudos to you for being able to keep ur codes bug free and most of all "secure".
3. You think of the site and the users first before the money! You dnt display ads evrywia like "some people". You dont throw ads-targeted topics, you encourage even the youngest nigerian to make his say.
4. You are a MAN!! You have much more on ur shoulders to think of and be responsible for unlike "some people". You have mods to manage, family e.t.c
5. Nl is a forum and not a blog! I'm sure if she handles half the forum users' presure u handle the forum may either be banned for ethnic violence, be defamed for being politicaly biased or be so crowded with ads that you may use up 3mb viewing the homepage.
Lastly, you have the biggest traffic in Nigeria. You are "originaly nigerian"! You have a platform that is open and useful to all Nigerians. My nephew got a job here as a part time doctor assistant. Even A lot of dem "bloggers" get most of their yeye news from here.
Finally, you have the biggest team of "space bookers", "end time preachers", "critics(no pinshur no story)", the biggest school student threads, a huge team of addicts, a huge and expensive team of programmers, and all around beautiful people!
_________._
though i think a redesign would gear things up a lot, i would personaly prefer a mobile responsive design. They're ryt about that one. And you should work on ads quality. The banners are too "small" and randomness is scarce! Also the ads are not "catchy" and are all too cheap.
WHILE "she" sits in one corner with ha fat buts doing nothing but typing gossips and "celebrity news" and showing off ha face and curves; Google does everything for ha. Her site is a proof of googles hardwork and trademark. "..com".
Her site takes lyk 5 seconds to load cos its all about money and ads. She has very little to think of! She and ha site add no value to the average nigerian. All ha so called "expensive users" are all here o, yes, most of them are also here on this lovely site.
This iz my humble quota!

6 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by spokesboy: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone: I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24b million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons.....

https://www.nairaland.com/1905289/linda-ikeji-acquires-24million-naira

The fact that Seun is not a noisemaker like Linda doesn't mean she earns more money than her. Even some of us have bigger toys than Linda but we chose not to be a noisemaker. It is better to be discovered by Forbes than to overrate yourself cos you will be disappointed when you know that you didn't make the Forbes List.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Youngzedd(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
xtr0v3rt: don't you answer ur calls.

Which calls?
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
I prefer bellanaija to linda ikeji's blog. I think Nairaland is better than her blog as being a forum. There is a difference between both. Forums are not about money-making idea.

1 Like

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by masqot(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
The two are incomparable because they set out with different motives and they doing great. NL is a forum. I visit NL daily more than I eat food. Information you get here is first hand, because a Nairalander might be at the scene live.
We also have different interests. I've never typed lindaikeji in this life except I'm re-directed there. What are we talking? Make we leave Linda and Seun. They're two great "info-preneurs", if there's any word like that
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by hardbody: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Megaphone: I was talking to a ceo of a huge advertising agency on the island, and i told him i do not believe linda bought that car for 24b million naira in cash. How come she makes so much money? I told him about a site called nairaland and he laughed. He said his agency had patronized linda to te tune of about 5m in cash, and he hasn't even bought any space on nairaland. i asked why.. He gave me about four reasons reasons

Nairaland's homepage looks idiotic on a desktop. The page looks like an abandoned webpage and that chases potential customers away

Nairaland seems to have more low income bracket users than high income. Linda Ikeji on the other hand has got a lot of High income readers and they have the financial capacity to purchase products advertised on the blog. On the other hand Nairaland's users are mainly job seekers, scammers and the likes or small start business men who just dont have the money. They come to the site to trade their 'goods' and not to buy anyway

Nairaland doesn't have a face. He compared Stella Dimok to Linda. He said how many times do you see Stella in Public? Shes based in Germany and so no face. Same with Nairaland. No one knows whos behind it. He said Great organisations always have a face. A CEO out there in the public eyes. He then gave examples like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and so many others. They're out there in the public eye. That he said does not just attract customers but big time investors. He said Linda Ikeji is more out there, more social and so people like her (shes pretty too) and trust her with big money more than someone whom they do not even know!

Nairaland's frontpage contains trashy topics. He said when you got topics like ' Why do ladies fart?'on the frontpage or which do you prefer Chicken or turkey on a front page, then that kind of site cant be taken serious by any customer or investor. Linda's blog on the other hand contains trendy and fashionable topics that attracts upscale folks and wealthy readers. Advertisers he says love such a medium.

https://www.nairaland.com/1905289/linda-ikeji-acquires-24million-naira

I completely agree with some of the points. When people like me contest some issues on merit, i am banned because some idiotic users report me and a pyguru bans me and you think i will take NL serious? I come in when i am bored and honestly do not look at the adverts. It is a matter of fact. Seun is not complaining anyway.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
Linda is OBO,seun is OKO. And OBO sell more than oko.#getthefact.
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by kobikwelu(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Yes. Seun is not into profit making, But i think (as a capitalist) HE SHOULD MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO MONETIZE IT TO THE TILT

He should start by revamping the outlook from a poor backyard-like UI to something more pleasant to the eyes.

Then he would see the way his pocketbook would grow
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ProfessorD(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
Some really valid points were raised by the op especially in the area of design and trend appeal,
I will Liken nairaland to a great wine that hasn't been put in a designer bottle yet, proper packaging is what the site needs
CC seun
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ndizzy(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]Money isn't everything but. The similarities are the impacts the platforms have on lives
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Koolking(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
yusufu16:

[size=16pt]check the 10 Biggest Forum in the World

http://www.wealthresult.com/2013/08/top-10-biggest-forums-on-internet-and.html[/size]

Thank for link. Was scanning my bookmark list for it.

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by ludot(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun, why can't you give us, the people the power to decide what makes the front page? Give us something like a voting system to push a topic to the front page or remove it from the front page. Reddit and Diggs do it.

NLers, am I making sense or not?

2 Likes

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by Seun(m): 6:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Boss13: Now it seems Seun is serious. So Seun seriously you do not have people working for you?? Damn this boy will ruin his fortune. Chief go and register you company with CAC first and then go talk to investors. You already have a business. I know some UNILAG students will work for you for free or N20,000 per month. Go and rent an office and stop doing this stuff from your house. WAKE UP SON. Yes before I forget, chase those bigots you call Moderators; they are responsible for the snail movement. Your moderator should be innovative and not banning people who don't share their opinion
Please tell me why you think I should do each of these things. I can't start running helter skelter because "Boss13" told me to do so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by egopersonified(f): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun how many mentions have you got from this thread alone?
Re: Why Linda Ikeji Makes More Money Than Nairaland by IYANGBALI: 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
mancheeutd:

In the year 2013 seun entered the Forbes list of
best African successful entrepreneurs under 30.
Which got more huge reputation in amidst other
co-webmaster in Africa.
Seun was said to be earning as much as
5-6million naira per month when he still works for
Google ads but as at 2014 selling ads space was
calculated to be generating him as much as
3-4million naira he never confirmed that though.
In 2011 seun was approached by a group of
company who wants to buy nairaland for 1 million
dollars which is 155million naira but he rejected
the approach, and even nairaland's estimated
worth by a site ranker for the year 2011 was
512million naira making it the most expensive
nigerian site.
Despite all these money seun whom is expected to
be leaving in one huge mansion in estates like
Banana island lagos only lives in his hometown
sango ota ogun state a very close little city to
lagos state.
Fame power, money we all love and seek to have.
But as someone that knows Seun quite well -even
if not physically yet, and may never - the guy just
doesn’t appear to like the celebrity status. Some
people use money to buy fame, Seun uses money
to run away from it! There are people that will pay
to meet Seun Osewa in person, but he has refused
to show himself. With the largest African online
forum under his control, more than half a million
people that depend on his online website to make
their day, Seun can easily wield power. But all
those appear not to be his style. A case in point:
when he was listed by the organizers of The
Future Awards in the controversial “Nigeria’s 100
Best” list, which presented him with an opportunity
to dine with the celebrities in Aso Rock (what
some people will pay millions to get), it didn’t
even freak the Ota-based geek. Rather, he
sarcastically commented on my Facebook wall
when I raised a criticism of the TFA list that, “oh,
it’s a good list because I saw my name there”. Oh,
he only saw his name there, he didn’t partake in
anything – a free ticket to visit Aso rock but he
never went. Such is Seun’s abhorrence for fame.
source: www.takemetonaija.com/2014/08/about-seun-osewa-biography-life-and-news.html?m=1

yawns

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Gives Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado, A N200M Worth Rolls Royce Car / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar's Honeymoon Pictures / Bitcoin Lord Recovers His Cars From EFCC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.