Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola (14486 Views)

LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) / Ebola: West-African Nations Approach Lagos For Help. / Ebola Cripples West African Economies As Fearful Workers Stay Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 18, 2014
otijah: I think the best they can do themselve is to seek advice and strategies from other powerful nations e.g Nigeria
Without a single case of ebola in their country, I think they are doing just fine. They are proactive while we are reactive. We should learn from them instead.

4 Likes

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by nora544: 7:32am On Sep 18, 2014
otijah: I think the best they can do themselve is to seek advice and strategies from other powerful nations e.g Nigeria

Sorry that is not right.

They are better than nigeria in their fight against ebola. They start with the fight in march and not when ebola is in the country so nigeria should look.

3 Likes

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 18, 2014
2,400!? The numbers are really rising drastically shocked
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by ihedinobi2: 7:49am On Sep 18, 2014
Proactive smiley

I totally love it when people take responsibility in a proactive manner. Kudos, Sierra Leone.

1 Like

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by nifton(m): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
I enjoyed reading dis,op weldon n as for Ivory coast make una no allow ebola at all.It is beta to prevent dan to cure.

2 Likes

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Dreyl(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2014
priscaoge:
Nope I disagree with U. Fashola fought like a man to curb Ebola. FG did their best. It was an emergency case yet they tried!
yeah you are right though,but only fashola tried,there was a certain time i some him and some people like that creating awareness on Ebola in lekki, where i reside,i was overwhelmed,that man is a perfect gentleman,i can't speak about the other governors tho,because they don't give a damn like jona himself. grin
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by shiffynaani(m): 8:48am On Sep 18, 2014
Nigeria? I dey laugh oooo

1 Like

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by 360command: 9:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Ivory coast is a country I like better in the west african coast. I believe in them just like I believe in Nigeria. Not many would know this, their ways and thought is like that of the Nigerians. Where you see an anglophone (nigerian) making it abroad(US,UK), a francophone (ivorian) is doing the same (France,switzerland). I am not surprise reading them been the power-house of the french speaking west african country same as Nigeria been the power house of english speaking west african country.

1 Like

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by fajani(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2014
lol
Moblord: Good work.. Now P.H.E teachers are suppose to include Ebola when teaching the topic disease
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 18, 2014
priscaoge: 2,400 peopleshockedshocked? Jezzzz

What did Obama send to Nigeria to help fight Ebola?undecidedundecided

God bless GEJ and Fashola/Lagos State Govt for their wonderful effort towards fighting this deadly disease!.

And Prof. Onyenichi Chukwu. Not leaving out all media houses. Abi U forget
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by priscaoge(f): 10:25am On Sep 18, 2014
arttysticfyngaz:

And Prof. Onyenichi Chukwu. Not leaving out all media houses. Abi U forget
Yeaa U ar right!
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Mariojane(f): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2014
Moblord: Good work.. Now P.H.E teachers are suppose to include Ebola when teaching the topic disease
it shud be Health education class.
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Mariojane(f): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2014
soldierdollar: You guys should stop booking space
what re u doing if not booking space?
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2014
And some people has the gut to say prof. Onyebuchi deserves no commendation.
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Moblord(m): 10:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Mariojane: it shud be Health education class.
Thats what they call it in secondary school cry
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by arsetalks(m): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2014
Thats a country that cares about it citizenry. Some people who will rather support everything that comes from this government instead of saying the truth for the betterment of the country will claim the Patrick Sawyer incident could not have been prevented, to that I agree slightly but the sincere truth is that we needed not to wait till we have a case in the country until we sanitize people. And the Patrick Sawyer situation could have been prevented by stopping flights to and from Liberia. Not that difficult is it? Gabon is not half as big as us and they did it.

There was no awareness creation ( or too little of it ) prior to the Patrick Sawyer incident and I see no reason why flights were not stopped to the countries that had it and are still not stopped. The government have done a good job combing the outbreak so far ( I must say ) but that was a job that would not have been necessary if we had done the right thing right from the onset.

Boko haram bombing activities would also not have become almost an every day thing in this country if we had not waited too long to deal with those misguided idiots who do not know what their own religion is all about. Instead of taking action, we either play blame games or disturb GOD's rest through so called prayers when the same GOD gave us brains so we can use it and not disturb him every time we need help.

2 Likes

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by jonced(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2014
I think Ivory Coast should also get involved in the fight against Ebola in their neighbouring countries and actively assist where they can. Cos if they just sit back and think they can protect their citizens and block out the other countries where Ebola is raging uncontrollably....then sorry, it's just a matter of time...
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by miqos02(m): 12:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
lol
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by ttmacoy: 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
Such a selfish attitude. Obama should send troops to Nigeria with under 20 cases instead of countries with thousands of cases.

Same way you were all shouting for zmapp. they had few serums and you feel it must come to Nigeria instead of other countries. Entitlement and me me me culture which is killing Nigeria.

If Nigeria is indeed the giant of Africa, you should show it by helping the countries really suffering from this. the UK and USa are sending troops and conducting tests and reaserch to find a cure, and Nigerians are spending money allocated for Ebola on cars. rubbish. the British nurse who was cured has flown to America to donate blood for tests to help people. What are you doing to help other African countries?

priscaoge: 2,400 peopleshockedshocked? Jezzzz

What did Obama send to Nigeria to help fight Ebola?undecidedundecided

God bless GEJ and Fashola/Lagos State Govt for their wonderful effort towards fighting this deadly disease!.

3 Likes

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by ttmacoy: 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
I disagre with you here. Ivory Coast is doing what Nigeria should have done... proactively act to prevent infections rather than scrambling around when it came in. Ivory Coast has not recorded any ebola cases yet, s in this regard they are doing better than the Nigerian government.

And if Nigeria is the giant of Africa, then they should show it by extending help to other struglling african countries same way the west are spending so much effort time and money on helping, volunteering, researching, testing to help Africa. All western citizens wh got infected got infected helping in Africa so Nigeria as giant of Africa should extend help and advice because lets face the fact whilst we have controlled the infection, we are still at risk as we cannot close our borders 100% forever so the more the virus spreads in Africa the more we are still at risk.

The money alocated for Ebola should be spent on setting up better quarantine facilities, reasearching for cures etc rather than cars.

Giant of Africa indeed.

Kayraph: Take it or leave it, Nigeria still remains the giant of Africa.

Our handling of the EVD issue is quite commendable because other countries in Africa would surely find it hard to contain the virus like we have done.

Long live FRN!

1 Like

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by strykr: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Did I read that! Obama to send 3000 troops shocked
The more I look, the more I see something fishy in this Ebola situation.
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Feedmemore(f): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kudos to the Ivory Coast, despite the fact that they share boarders with 2 of the most hard hit countries, (Liberia and Guinea) they still managed to keep the virus at bay.

Viva la cote d' Ivoire, my second home.

1 Like

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by nneh1(f): 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
chibwike: space bookers

You are worse than them! Fool quote this long stuff next time nonsense.
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by chibwike(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
nneh1:

You are worse than them! Fool quote this long stuff next time nonsense.
why are you pained.. Please get lost!. And dont ever call me fool again. Am warning you.
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Ologunjude(m): 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
I like the efforts being made to curtail any eventuality of an outbreak. Prevention is always better than cure we are told. Another good news here is that, Liberia and other countries affected have closed their boarders to Ivory Coast. A lot of funding and awareness are needed to bring this to an end. God will see us through and this will pass again!

1 Like

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by soldierdollar(m): 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mariojane: what re u doing if not booking space?

Hahahaha

Idi sharp !
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by Litmus: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
If all else fails, you could always claim cholera wink
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by soulglo: 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2014

Prevention is better than cure. Nigeria did not try to prevent it. We waited until it came and then started running helter skelter. Other countries like Ghana and Ivory Coast were educating themselves before Sawyer even reached Nigeria. Nigeria of course did nothing. So actually Nigeria should be learning how to be proactive from little Ivory Coast.

1 Like

Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by otijah(m): 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
soulglo:

Prevention is better than cure. Nigeria did not try to prevent it. We waited until it came and then started running helter skelter. Other countries like Ghana and Ivory Coast were educating themselves before Sawyer even reached Nigeria. Nigeria of course did nothing. So actually Nigeria should be learning how to be proactive from little Ivory Coast.
though we weren't vigilant enough to see it coming, but I must say this as most populous country in Africa and seventh in the world I think we hv successfully done well in managing its outbreak in our country, something the world never thought we could handle nd now gradually ebola is coming to end in nigeria.
Re: West African Powerhouse Ivory Coast Battles To Keep Out Ebola by soulglo: 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
otijah: though we weren't vigilant enough to see it coming, but I must say this as most populous country in Africa and seventh in the world I think we hv successfully done well in managing its outbreak in our country, something the world never thought we could handle nd now gradually ebola is coming to end in nigeria.

I'm happy that people are coming out of it alive. No one happier than me but as the Dr who survived proved they were almost totally on their own. She was even fetching the water to flush the toilet herself while fighting Ebola. She did thus until she was not strong enough to manage on her own. Honestly no system or agency in Nigeria should take too much credit for it. It seems it is simply the sheer determination and knowledge of the patients that has saved them so far. It was not the superb health care they got

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'My Pikin' Syrup Makers Jailed, Company Closed / How i lost incredible 10kg With Nigerian Delicacies-part1 / Phytoscience Business Opportunity (stem Cell Products)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.