Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! (8597 Views)

Once Saved Always Saved / The Believe That Not Everybody In Christianity Are Saved Is Fanatism / "Once Saved/Always Saved" Is Heresy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2014
hisblud:

of course hence He did away with sin by making His Son to become sin...ONCE FOR ALL TIME...!
and people still commits sin. sin is still present. but we have access to his mercy without performing any ritual such as killing goat, turtle dove, lambs etc. we can go directly to God for mercy through Christ.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2014
hisblud:

please could you list verses that have the words "eternal death" in it after the death of Christ. thanks
. Bible speaks of different categories of death:-

a. Spiritual death. Took place when Adam and
Eve committed sin. God did warn them of their
death if they violate God’s word. But they did not
die physically; it was separation from God their
creator and His glory. They recognized it
immediately and tried to find some solutions too.
Cf. Genesis 2:17; 3:7, 21; Ezekiel 18:20;
Ephesians 2:1; 4:18; Romans 3:23. 1 Timothy
5:6. Since we all are born to the family of Adam,
it is our natural state that we are dead spiritually,
we have no life of God, nor the facility to relate
with God.

b. Physical death. As mentioned above this is the
separation of our body, soul and Spirit. Physical
death and every other form of human agony is
also the consequence of violation of God’s law –
sin - from the Garden of Eden. “In the sweat of
face you shall eat bread till you return to the
ground. For out of it you were taken; for dust you
are, and to dust you shall return.” Genesis 3:19.
We see the first physical death in Genesis 4:8.
From there death has spread to the whole
humanity and it reigns today. Romans 5:12;
Psalm 90:10. cf. Psalm 49:14 Death feeds on
sinners.

c. Eternal death. 2Thessalonials 1:9. This is the
most dangerous type of death. It is separation
from God and His blessings for ever. In
connection with both the above mentioned types
of death, God has made some solutions and we
can still avail the benefit of it, but eternal death
means there is no way out, away from God
everlastingly. This death is also called second
death. Cf. Revelation 2:11; 20:6; 21:8.

Apart from these three types of death, Bible also
speaks of:-

 Death for sin – Christ’s death. 1
Corinthians 15:3. It was unique. Totally different
from the death that we go through today.

 Death to sin. 1Peter 2:24. It is
experienced by those who trust Christ as their
saviour. They count themselves as dead to sin,
self and the world. Cf. Romans. 6: 2, 6 —11;
Galatians 2:20. Colossians 2: 20; 1Corinthians
15:31.

 Death in sin. It’s about one’s death, while
living in sin. He lost every chance to get saved,
till the end lived in sin. Ezekiel 3:18, 20.

 Death in Christ. That means one dies in
the state of being in Christ, having faith in Him.
1Thessalonians : 4:16.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by paxonel(m): 9:46am On Sep 24, 2014
atbu1983:

Your concept of salvation is more of perversion of d truth that was promoted by some america envagelica preachers. This erroneous twisting of d gospel remove our attention from God. It promote greed and evil.

Even before christ died for our sin, people were still considered righteous in d old testament. They were considered righteous not because they never do wrong but because thier heart was focus on God and they strife for righteousness.

Now that christ have died for us, and we are born again, does it mean we are safe for ever even when we continously and deliberately do wrong (sin).? The answer is No!

Should we continue in sin so dat grace shall abide, d bible said God forbid. romans 6. From verse 15 shown below

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law
but under grace? Certainly not! Do you not know that to
whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that
one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death,
or of obedience leading to righteousness? But God be
thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed
from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were
delivered. And having been set free from sin, you became
slaves of righteousness. I speak in human terms because
of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented
your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness
leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members
as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard
to righteousness. What fruit did you have then in the
things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those
things is death. But now having been set free from sin,
and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to
holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of
sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus
our Lord.

Apostle Paul went further to say Christianity is a race that one can lose d prize if not done delligently to the end. 1corinthians 9. 23 to 27

23 I do it all
for the sake of the gospel, r that I may share with them in
its blessings.
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run,
but only one receives s the prize? So t run that you may
obtain it. 25 Every u athlete exercises self-control in all
things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we
v an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I w do not
box as one x beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and
y keep it under control, 2 lest after preaching to others z I
myself should be a disqualified.

Now does it mean we are justified by work alone? not at all. do we sustain our salvation by grace alone? not at all! We have a role to play. Though christ has died for all mankind more than 2000 years ago, we are only saved d day we confess and believe in our heart d death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The grace of God is what made God to makes us a new being by mere confession. The grace of God applify our good deed before God and downplay our weaknesses and wrongdoing (sin) b4 God. That is why we need to discipline our body and put it under control as apostle said.

Thus we can be disqualified (lose our salvation) as stated by apostle paul in 1corinthians if we take d grace of God for granted. Because as humans we have weaknesses, we should strife for physical righteousness even as we are spiritually righteous by d Grace of God through christ Jesus. For faith without work is dead.

Though we are saved by Grace d day we are born again, we sustain our salvation by fighting a good fight of faith and subjecting our body to control with d grace of God helping us. Just as we consciously made a decision to be born again and d grace of God made it possible so also we should consciously pursue physical righteousness and d grace of God will help us achieve it b4 God. God sees d inclination of our heart. He knows when we make deliberate effort to do right. So because of his Grace he overlook even when we fall once in a while.
However when we deliberately live in sin because of we find sin pleasurable and sweet, because we feel d grace of God is always available, by dat we have already brought judgement on our self. As we can see in 1corinthians 5 shown below

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you,
and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has
his father's wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have
been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man
who did this? 3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with
you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who
did this, just as if I were present. 4 When you are assembled in the
name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power
of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so
that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the
day of the Lord. 6 Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a
little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of
the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you
really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8
Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast
of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread
of sincerity and truth. 9 I have written you in my letter not to
associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the
people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers,
or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11
But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone
who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an
idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man
do not even eat. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those
outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will
judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

You can see in 1corinthians 5 above paul is referring strictly to believers who find it very comfortable doing wrong without shame. If you medidate on verse 5 you will see that our spirit can become on safe by d action of our flesh. We should grief when we do wrong and not b proud of it as stated in verse 2

did. you follow the ,argument at all? it's not by writing. plenty things o,, make your argument logically
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by labot(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2014
[/b][b]
Ukutsgp: i am not upholding any catholic doctrines. i have already shown him that u cant do away with d ten commandment. the moral laws stands but the ceremonial law has been done away with by christ death. so will must continue to do d moral laws such as 'thou shall not kill'.
The Law Does Not Justify
Perhaps the clearest Scripture regarding the relationship of lawkeeping to our justification is Galatians 2:16: "Yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law, because no flesh will be justified by the works of the law."

Paul explains this again in Romans 9:30-33:What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, who didn't follow after righteousness, attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith; but Israel, following after a law of righteousness, didn't arrive at the law of
righteousness. Why? Because they didn't seek it by faith, but as it were by works of the law. They stumbled over the stumbling stone; even as it is written, "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and a rock of offense; and no one who believes in him will be disappointed."
In this passage, Paul is saying that Israel did not attain righteousness. They missed it because they tried to attain it by law-keeping, and, because they did not have faith, they found Jesus Christ a stumbling stone. The Gentiles, on the other hand, found righteousness by faith in Christ.

In Romans 3, we read,
As it is written, "There is no one righteous; no, not one...."
Now we know that whatever things the law says, it speaks to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God. Because by the works of the law, no flesh will be justified in his sight. For through the law
comes the knowledge of sin. But now apart from the law, a righteousness of God has been revealed, being testified by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all those who believe. For there is no distinction, for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God's forbearance; to demonstrate his righteousness at this present time; that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him who has faith in Jesus. Where then is the
boasting? It is excluded. By what manner of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. We maintain therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.
Romans 3:10, 19-28
From the above bible passages, do you want us to believe that the ten commandments is the same as faith in Christ? I’m sure you’ll agree with me that it is not. As Christians we are free but we are not to use that liberty as an occasion for flesh (Galatians 5:13). As I stated in my earlier post, it is the Holy Spirit who instills into us new habits. We gradually start hating the sinful habits we have and start loving the new habits the Holy Spirit is instilling into us. It’s a gradual process and a pleasant spiritual awareness. Well I guess it’s only those who have undergone it, will understand it. This is what you feel concerning sin: You'll feel sorry but have no fear of condemnation (because you’re in Christ) even when and if you sin yet you gradually abandon your sinful ways. It is not a physical thing, it’s spiritual.
 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will [a]ease and relieve and [b]refresh [c]your souls.]
 Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest ([d]relief and ease and refreshment and [e]recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
 For My yoke is wholesome (useful, [f]good—not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.
Matthew 11:28-30 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2014
labot: Dear Ukutsg, do you know who first promulgated that the law contains moral, ceremonial and judicial precepts? That both the ceremonial and judicial precepts are no longer binding but the moral is still binding? Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas(1225-1274). Yes the catholic doctrine you so condemn yet are now upholding. The Bible does not divide the Law of Moses into "moral laws", "ceremonial laws" and "judicial or civil law" as if the moral laws were somehow more eternally and universally binding than the others. Now Gal 3:19 says: What then was the purpose of the Law? It was added [later on, after the promise, to disclose and expose to men their guilt] because of transgressions and [to make men more conscious of the sinfulness] of sin; and it was intended to be in effect until the Seed (the Descendant, the Heir) should come, to and concerning Whom the promise had been made. And it [the Law] was arranged and ordained and appointed through the instrumentality of angels [and was given] by the hand (in the person) of a go-between [Moses, an intermediary person between God and man]. Amplified Bible (AMP).
[b]The verse said the Law, not ceremonial and judicial law but the Law as a whole. [/b]Please quote the bible as it is don't add and don't remove. God bless you.
Thanks for this, great post.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2014
labot: [/b][b].
The Law Does Not Justify
Perhaps the clearest Scripture regarding the relationship of lawkeeping to our justification is Galatians 2:16: "Yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law, because no flesh will be justified by the works of the law."

Paul explains this again in Romans 9:30-33:What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, who didn't follow after righteousness, attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith; but Israel, following after a law of righteousness, didn't arrive at the law of
righteousness. Why? Because they didn't seek it by faith, but as it were by works of the law. They stumbled over the stumbling stone; even as it is written, "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and a rock of offense; and no one who believes in him will be disappointed."
In this passage, Paul is saying that Israel did not attain righteousness. They missed it because they tried to attain it by law-keeping, and, because they did not have faith, they found Jesus Christ a stumbling stone. The Gentiles, on the other hand, found righteousness by faith in Christ.

In Romans 3, we read,
As it is written, "There is no one righteous; no, not one...."
Now we know that whatever things the law says, it speaks to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God. Because by the works of the law, no flesh will be justified in his sight. For through the law
comes the knowledge of sin. But now apart from the law, a righteousness of God has been revealed, being testified by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ to all and on all those who believe. For there is no distinction, for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God's forbearance; to demonstrate his righteousness at this present time; that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him who has faith in Jesus. Where then is the
boasting? It is excluded. By what manner of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. We maintain therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.
Romans 3:10, 19-28
From the above bible passages, do you want us to believe that the ten commandments is the same as faith in Christ? I’m sure you’ll agree with me that it is not. As Christians we are free but we are not to use that liberty as an occasion for flesh (Galatians 5:13). As I stated in my earlier post, it is the Holy Spirit who instills into us new habits. We gradually start hating the sinful habits we have and start loving the new habits the Holy Spirit is instilling into us. It’s a gradual process and a pleasant spiritual awareness. Well I guess it’s only those who have undergone it, will understand it. This is what you feel concerning sin: You'll feel sorry but have no fear of condemnation (because you’re in Christ) even when and if you sin yet you gradually abandon your sinful ways. It is not a physical thing, it’s spiritual.
 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will [a]ease and relieve and [b]refresh [c]your souls.]
 Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest ([d]relief and ease and refreshment and [e]recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
 For My yoke is wholesome (useful, [f]good—not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.
Matthew 11:28-30 Amplified Bible (AMP)

are we not suppose to obey the ten commandment? is the moral laws no longer relevant?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 10:32am On Sep 24, 2014
paxonel:
because he does not believe in JESUS, he believes in his works. he does not have faith, it is either his faith or his works he should choose one
Romans 11:6 And if by grace (faith ), then it is no more of works...
since he has choosed works over faith then.he is not different from a Muslim or anybody outside christianity
he believes by mouth, but by action. (because he is more of works ) he has denied the faith
remember, action speaks louder than voice
that means, he is condemned already into hell fire John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already...
Lol. I get your point.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2014
James 2:14-26 English Standard Version
(ESV)

What good is it, my brothers, if
someone says he has faith but does not
have works? Can that faith save him?
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed
and lacking in daily food, and one of
you says to them, “Go in peace, be
warmed and filled,” without giving them
the things needed for the body, what good
is that? So also faith by itself, if it
does not have works, is dead.
But someone will say, “You have faith
and I have works.” Show me your faith
apart from your works, and I will show
you my faith by my works. You believe
that God is one; you do well. Even the
demons believe—and shudder! Do you
want to be shown, you foolish person,
that faith apart from works is useless?
Was not Abraham our father justified
by works when he offered up his son
Isaac on the altar? You see that faith
was active along with his works, and faith
was completed by his works; and the
Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham
believed God, and it was counted to him
as righteousness”—and he was called a
friend of God. You see that a person is
justified by works and not by faith alone.
And in the same way was not also
Rahab the prostitute justified by works
when she received the messengers and
sent them out by another way? For as
the body apart from the spirit is dead, so
also faith apart from works is dead.

so we are saved by faith but that does not mean we should not obey God's word. by keeping his commandment. avoiding sin, giving to the poor and many more. we must live right else our faith is useless.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 10:52am On Sep 24, 2014
5solas:
Lol. I get your point.
faith and work goes together. u cant say u have faith and ur deeds does nt show it. our deeds must glorify God.

let men see ur good works and glorify your father who is in heaven.
matt 5:16.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 11:05am On Sep 24, 2014
paxonel:
did. you follow the ,argument at all? it's not by writing. plenty things o,, make your argument logically

grin
True talk.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: J
so we are saved by faith but that does not mean we should not obey God's word. by keeping his commandment. avoiding sin, giving to the poor and many more. we must live right else our faith is useless.
So true.
Who said otherwise?
That said, I hope you agree that salvation is of grace, not just the born-again experience?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2014
d mods are making me angry. all what i have been typing since disappeared. i'm out for now.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 11:49am On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: d mods are making me angry. all what i have been typing since disappeared. i'm out for now.
Alright. Sorry about that.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by labot(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: are we not suppose to obey the ten commandment? is the moral laws no longer relevant?
As Christians, we know not to commit murder, adultery etc because God's seed is in us but our justification and santification does not come from law keeping but by our faith in Christ Jesus alone. Remember the robber on the cross, he didn't have to keep the ten commandments but he believed(not by his will by God's will(John 1:12-13) and was saved. As the bible says; if anyone must preach the ten commandments:
1 Timothy 1:9-10:
He must understand that the law was not made for the man who lives right. It was made for those who do not want any laws over them, and for those who will not obey. It was made for those who do not respect God, and those who are bad people. It was made for those who do not respect anything that is holy or belongs to God. It was made for those who beat their fathers or mothers, and for those who kill people.
 It was made for those who use sex in the wrong way and for men who have sex with other men. It was made for those who steal people, for those who tell lies, for those who make a promise that is not true, and for any other thing that is not right.

So you see, it was not made for Christians.
God bless you.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by labot(m): 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: James 2:14-26 English Standard Version
(ESV)
What good is it, my brothers, if
someone says he has faith but does not
have works? Can that faith save him?
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed
and lacking in daily food, and one of
you says to them, “Go in peace, be
warmed and filled,” without giving them
the things needed for the body, what good
is that? So also faith by itself, if it
does not have works, is dead.
But someone will say, “You have faith
and I have works.” Show me your faith
apart from your works, and I will show
you my faith by my works. You believe
that God is one; you do well. Even the
demons believe—and shudder! Do you
want to be shown, you foolish person,
that faith apart from works is useless?
Was not Abraham our father justified
by works when he offered up his son
Isaac on the altar? You see that faith
was active along with his works, and faith
was completed by his works; and the
Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham
believed God, and it was counted to him
as righteousness”—and he was called a
friend of God. You see that a person is
justified by works and not by faith alone.
And in the same way was not also
Rahab the prostitute justified by works
when she received the messengers and
sent them out by another way? For as
the body apart from the spirit is dead, so
also faith apart from works is dead.

It is by faith that we receive the justification that Jesus has already procured with His works. Our works add nothing to the perfect, complete work Jesus has already done. There can be such a thing as a false profession of faith. James seems to have been addressing this problem. He apparently knew of people who said they believed but never showed the love of God in their lives even when a need stared them right in the face. Notice James 2:15- 16: "If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?" This was a demonstration of a lack of faith. The people doing this were apparently oblivious to their problem. Remember that James was writing to the "twelve tribes which are scattered abroad"—the Jews. As Jews did, these Jews would claim Abraham as their father (Matthew 3:9). But James shows them that the only way we know of Abraham's faith is by what he did (2:21-23). Then James tells them something unexpected. Even Rahab the harlot had faith. How do we know? By what she did. She did something that only a believer would have done. James never says that these works are what saved Abraham or Rahab. He does not say these works were supposed to give Abraham or Rahab assurance. Granted, when taken out of context, it sounds like he is saying that they were justified by works and not by faith only. But James explains himself in the context. Notice verse 18: "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." James is writing about the demonstration of faith. The works we do simply let other people know of our faith. This is the key to understanding what James is saying.
James is reacting to people with a false profession of faith. This is why he says in James 2:21: "But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?" It is as if these people were saying, "I believe that there is a chair over there." So James tells them, All right, now show me your belief in that chair by sitting on it. If they are afraid to do so then their belief is dead; it isn't real. James is telling them to demonstrate their belief.
I know I believe. And God knows I believe, and it is by the instrument of belief that I receive justification (Romans 3:28; 5:1; Galatians 2:16; 3:11, 24). But you don't know that I believe unless I show it in my life. Thus, James does not say, "I will show God my faith by my works." And he does not say, "I will shew me my faith by my works." He says, "I will shew thee my faith by my works" (verse 18). He is saying the same thing that Paul says in Philippians 2:12-13 when he writes of the deeds that show outwardly the salvation that God is working in us: "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
atbu1983:

Your concept of salvation is more of perversion of d truth that was promoted by some america envagelica preachers. This erroneous twisting of d gospel remove our attention from God. It promote greed and evil.

oh so you mean this is perversion of the gospel...hmm paul you de hear how they claim that your preaching is "erronous twisting of the gospel"?

2 Cor 5:19-21

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
[/b]KJV

Even before christ died for our sin, people were still considered righteous in d old testament. They were considered righteous not because they never do wrong but because thier heart was focus on God and they strife for righteousness.

Hmm, ok, under the law, they tried but the law has conclude ALL under sin, reconcile this statement

Rom 3:9-19

[b]9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
KJV

when paul made that statement, they jews and gentiles were classified as UNRIGHTEOUS... it is only in Christ that they were made righteous!

Now that christ have died for us, and we are born again, does it mean we are safe for ever even when we continously and deliberately do wrong (sin).? The answer is No! Should we continue in sin so dat grace shall abide, d bible said God forbid.

This is were you people miss it... we are born again yes... shall we sin then.. as people during paul's time were accusing him of insinuating... Paul said NO! But that is where you people magnify and stop... reading on this is what Paul said....

romans 6. From verse 15 shown below

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law
but under grace? Certainly not! Do you not know that to
whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that
one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death,
or of obedience leading to righteousness?

The new covenant is first of all, started by faith and must surely be by faith in the grace [/b]that saves... the word OBEY in the greek is not the literal "do" its the word => NT:5219 hupakouo which means...[b]NT:5219 to hear under (as a subordinate), i.e. to listen attentively; by implication, to heed or conform to a command or authority according to the strongs. thus putting the mean in that verse it means that one has to hear continually to righteousness through grace not to sin which most make that mistake. So are we MADE slave of righteousness not that we STRUGGLE TO ATTAIN to be slave of righteousness which you are trying to make...and in that current consciousness... that the gift of righteousness which is ours because of God's Son... sin should not have dominion over us.

But God be
thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed
from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were
delivered.
Halleluyah! not its obedience FROM THE HEART, what does this mean in the context of righteousness of Christ by faith?

And having been set free from sin, you became
slaves of righteousness.
my question to you my friend, Paul says having been set free from sin, , have you ever sinned? And if yes, did you cease to become slave of righteousness? The word used for "sin" is not a VERB as in sinnng but as a NOUN... a thing/personality/an it.

I speak in human terms because
of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented
your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness
leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members
as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard
to righteousness. What fruit did you have then in the
things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those
things is death. But now having been set free from sin,
and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to
holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of
sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus
our Lord.

Halleluyah, with the consciousness that am made a slave of righteousness, a gift, from that ground of been made righteous i yield myself not to "do" sining but to produce fruit of righteousness... not being CONSCIOUS OF SIN but be conscious of the Holy Christ as mary who always beheld Him and she thus knew the right thing to do when the time came.. anointed His feet.

Apostle Paul went further to say Christianity is a race that one can lose d prize if not done delligently to the end. 1 Cor 9:24-27

24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
KJV

Halleluyah... a lot of people use this to emphasis that its works... well lets see... paul emphasis that righteousness is a gift through grace... so definately he will be stating the obvious that he must run the race of righteousness through grace only and if he should ever be disqualified would be when he fell from grace due to the work of the law...
Gal 5:4-7

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
KJV

Now does it mean we are justified by work alone? not at all. do we sustain our salvation by grace alone? not at all! We have a role to play.

this statement is not CORRECT. For by Grace minus work, were we saved NOT of "small" works lest i should boast which you are boasting... and as you have received Him..which is by faith... so continue therein which of a truth must be by FAITH!

Eph 2:4-10

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
KJV

Col 2:6-7

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
KJV

Though christ has died for all mankind more than 2000 years ago, we are only saved d day we confess and believe in our heart d death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
but modify it with this

Eph 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
KJV

The grace of God is what made God to makes us a new being by mere confession. The grace of God applify our good deed before God and downplay our weaknesses and wrongdoing (sin) b4 God. That is why we need to discipline our body and put it under control as apostle said.
[/quote]

Thus we can be disqualified (lose our salvation) as stated by apostle paul in 1corinthians if we take d grace of God for granted. Because as humans we have weaknesses, we should strife for physical righteousness even as we are spiritually righteous by d Grace of God through christ Jesus. For faith without work is dead.

read this

Gal 5:4-7

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
KJV

Though we are saved by Grace d day we are born again, we sustain our salvation by fighting a good fight of faith and subjecting our body to control with d grace of God helping us. Just as we consciously made a decision to be born again and d grace of God made it possible so also we should consciously pursue physical righteousness and d grace of God will help us achieve it b4 God.
I dont do good to be righteous before God, i do good so that men will glorify God!

God sees d inclination of our heart. He knows when we make deliberate effort to do right. So because of his Grace he overlook even when we fall once in a while.
However when we deliberately live in sin because of we find sin pleasurable and sweet, because we feel d grace of God is always available, by dat we have already brought judgement on our self.

Sin will be alluring if we loose focus of the subject of our righteousness - Christ whose righteous is a gift which we daily and consciously recieve.

As we can see in 1corinthians 5 shown below

It is actually reported that there is intimate immorality among you,
and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has
his father's wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have
been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man
who did this? 3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with
you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who
did this, just as if I were present. 4 When you are assembled in the
name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power
of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so
that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the
day of the Lord. 6 Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a
little yeast works through the whole batch of dough? 7 Get rid of
the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast--as you
really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8
Therefore let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast
of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread
of sincerity and truth. 9 I have written you in my letter not to
associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the
people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers,
or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11
But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone
who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an
idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man
do not even eat. 12 What business is it of mine to judge those
outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will
judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

You can see in 1corinthians 5 above paul is referring strictly to believers who find it very comfortable doing wrong without shame. If you medidate on verse 5 you will see that our spirit can become on safe by d action of our flesh. We should grief when we do wrong and not b proud of it as stated in verse 2

BUT did he say, that such a believer has LOST HIS SALVATION? in no way am i in support of sin but i do not see where PAUL emphasis LOST OF SALVATION, rather what i read is that such a one be handed over to satan so that his body will be dealt with BUT his spirit will be saved!

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: and people still commits sin. sin is still present. but we have access to his mercy without performing any ritual such as killing goat, turtle dove, lambs etc. we can go directly to God for mercy through Christ.

so what did Christ become on the cross SINS [VERB] or SIN[NOUN]?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: .
Eternal death. 2Thessalonials 1:9. This is the
most dangerous type of death. It is separation
from God and His blessings for ever. In
connection with both the above mentioned types
of death, God has made some solutions and we
can still avail the benefit of it, but eternal death
means there is no way out, away from God
everlastingly. This death is also called second
death. Cf. Revelation 2:11; 20:6; 21:8.

This is what i find interesting... now relate the above with your post
i am not trying to justify myself. all i am saying is dat, [b]sin leads to eternal death [/b]therefore we must avoid sin like ebola. sin can seperate us from God forever if we live carelessly in this world.

in the context of 2 thess 1:1-9, was it referring to those in Christ or those outside Christ....? What did those people "do" that caused them to have eternal death? thanks
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by paxonel(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ukutsgp: faith and work goes together. u cant say u have faith and ur deeds does nt show it. our deeds must glorify God.

let men see ur good works and glorify your father who is in heaven.
matt 5:16.
eheh! you have commited another fallacy again, any Scripture you quote is fallacy ,all of them
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
did Matthew 5:16 mentioned any verdict for any Christian who do not shine his light there?
did it mentioned any christian there? (people in.. the religion called Christianity )
do you realised that when Jesus Christ made that statement he has never died for the sins of mankind, he was about to go to Jerusalem to die, therefore there was no christianity at that time, nobody was a Christian (no salvation then )
and that christianity started after the death and resurrection of christ (with 120 people on the day of pentecost) act 1:15
how then is he telling christians to shine their light, that if they don't shine their light they will go to hell fire?
i understand you are a Catholic?
i thought catholics are more knowledgeable people?
i don't think you are a Catholic
if you are, you are a big disgrace to Catholic
protestants are far better than you
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 6:15am On Sep 25, 2014
Ukutsgp: the only exception to eternal security is sin.

to become righteous in christ entails repenting of ur sin, confessing them to God, then the blood of Jesus will wipe ur sins away. from then, u must forsake sin. obey d word if God and continue to do his will.

dying daily have everything to do with sin.

I agree that sin should not be tolerated in Christian life but ask yourself. Can sin be completely avoided in this earthly vessel? We have been asking for forgiveness of sin since we became born again and tomorrow, we will still ask for forgiveness of sin.....insulting the finished works of Christ. Ask yourself, what is the solution to sin so we don't ask for forgiveness no more.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:50am On Sep 25, 2014
hisblud:

This is what i find interesting... now relate the above with your post

in the context of 2 thess 1:1-9, was it referring to those in Christ or those outside Christ....? What did those people "do" that caused them to have eternal death? thanks

those who fail to obey his word. whether in or outside.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:54am On Sep 25, 2014
Goshen360:

I agree that sin should not be tolerated in Christian life but ask yourself. Can sin be completely avoided in this earthly vessel? We have been asking for forgiveness of sin since we became born again and tomorrow, we will still ask for forgiveness of sin.....insulting the finished works of Christ. Ask yourself, what is the solution to sin so we don't ask for forgiveness no more.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 6:56am On Sep 25, 2014
Goshen360:

u cant rule out the place of confession of sin and forgiveness.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 7:04am On Sep 25, 2014
paxonel:
eheh! you have commited another fallacy again, any Scripture you quote is fallacy ,all of them
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
did Matthew 5:16 mentioned any verdict for any Christian who do not shine his light there?
did it mentioned any christian there? (people in.. the religion called Christianity )
do you realised that when Jesus Christ made that statement he has never died for the sins of mankind, he was about to go to Jerusalem to die, therefore there was no christianity at that time, nobody was a Christian (no salvation then )
and that christianity started after the death and resurrection of christ (with 120 people on the day of pentecost) act 1:15
how then is he telling christians to shine their light, that if they don't shine their light they will go to hell fire?
i understand you are a Catholic?
i thought catholics are more knowledgeable people?
i don't think you are a Catholic
if you are, you are a big disgrace to Catholic
protestants are far better than you
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 7:10am On Sep 25, 2014
Ukutsgp: those who fail to obey his word. whether in or outside.

When you swallow one false teaching, you will have to swallow more false teachings to defend the ONE you first swallowed.

Twist this one......

Have you heard of doctrine of double punishment? If not, they are drawn from these two scriptures...from the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses, the truth shall be established.....

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

You may be smart and say he was talking about their past sins......but hey, we use scripture to interpret scriptures. EVERY UNRIGHTEOUSNESS IS A SIN and he just said he will be merciful to my UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.....meaning, he will be merciful to my sins because my unrightousness....NOT ACTING right sometimes which becomes my sins, he will REMEMBER NO MORE........My sin are exchanged for Christ's righteousness. Why? He (Christ) who knew no sin BECAME sin for me THAT I, in Christ might BECOME the righteousness of God.

2. Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.......PAST TENSE or PAST SINS

(b). Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin........FUTURE SINS.

Listen brother, past, present and future sins are all taken care of in Christ. God will not impute sin on me anymore BECAUSE sin was already imputed unto Christ......He who knew no sin BECAME SIN.....that I, in divine exchange, might BECOME the righteousness of God. It will be double punishment & unjust for God to do by the finished works of Christ to punish me for sin anymore if Christ was already punished for my sin.....past, present and future.

2 Likes

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2014
Ukutsgp: u cant rule out the place of confession of sin and forgiveness.

Has your confession and forgiveness made you stop sinning?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Ukutsgp(m): 8:03am On Sep 25, 2014
@Goshen360. i dnt know that u are one of the perpetrators of false gospel on this forum.

saying that our past sins, present and future sins are already taken care of is heresy. stop this falsehood and confess ur sin to God to obtain his forgiveness.

if u confess ur sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive u.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ukutsgp: @Goshen360. i dnt know that u are one of the perpetrators of false gospel on this forum.
saying that our past sins, present and future sins are already taken care of is heresy. stop this falsehood and confess ur sin to God to obtain his forgiveness.

When you get there, hopefully if you do, it will be clear to you and you will understand but I can help you out. Ask yourself, the sins YOU WILL COMMIT TOMORROW. ...are they past or present sins or are they future sins AND WILL THOSE SIN BE FORVIGEN TOMORROW OR NOT?

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by 5solas(m): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
Ukutsgp: @Goshen360. i dnt know that u are one of the perpetrators of false gospel on this forum.

I believe we should ask for forgiveness when we sin for fellowship with the Lord to be restored, not for us to be re-saved.
If our future sins were not covered by Christ's death, how do we get present forgiveness. Are you suggesting He dies perpetually? grin

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by debraleey: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
Scyllapatron: christianity and confusion
there is no confusion cos God is not an author of confusion. It's either people do not fully understand d scriptures or it pinches them to accept the truth.
Back to topic......very true......once saved isnt always saved......Paul even said shall we continue is sin that grace (my view--for salvation) may abound? God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by christemmbassey(m): 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Goshen360:

When you get there, hopefully if you do, it will be clear to you and you will understand but I can help you out. Ask yourself, the sins YOU WILL COMMIT TOMORROW. ...are they past or present sins or are they future sins AND WILL THOSE SIN BE FORVIGEN TOMORROW OR NOT?
Oga Goshen i dey hail o! How far? I don dey try ya line but man no fit connect u, hope all is well. Cheers!
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Is A False Doctrine. Beware! by Goshen360(m): 4:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
christemmbassey: Oga Goshen i dey hail o! How far? I don dey try ya line but man no fit connect u, hope all is well. Cheers!

I will try give you a call this weekend. Stay blessed, all is well, just that I'm in special job training with my job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New Minimum Wage: Slash Your Salaries To Pay Workers N30,000 – Rev. Gbadero Tell / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Let's Talk About Gay Rights - From A Religio-Philosophical Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.