Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness (30171 Views)

Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 / Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by fairheven: 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
macklef: I agree with ur analysis, sentiments will ruin d quality of the show, thats what made eyo be among the top 5 then. We all know eyo could not sing well, he was always on probation,
Because he had people who always voted for him, he was there till d last day. Even manned 3rd, where ochuko and yetunde were far better than him.
If its let out to the public its not good.

Ochuko yes,Yetundenoway!
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hi
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by homesteady(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
we've talked about this stuff on the project fame thread many times!
its just too sad!

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by mcpat(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Dygeasy: That is the norm isn't it. They only put all the contestants on probation once and that was the Wizkid Vs Davido night. According to them it was hard to decide who the best were. Mummy J clearly protested if you watched the show. It wasn't about MTN. Your point isn't very valid.
you have forgoteen how good an actress she is

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by fairheven: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
Jhayeahsam01:

u must be bloody lier... wen did mtn started operation in Nigeria?
Are u new on NLwhich kind question be dis?infact that year small...na since 1814 dem don de rob us : cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by HIHMAZA: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mtn the most unrealible telecom in the whole

World like very serious
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by princesa(f): 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
You need to see how bad I felt when Shola left...very sad sad

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nwoke2012: 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Senseless posts
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by mcdreeezy: 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Who's talkin about Shola here? I xpected them to vote for Daniella that night! How is Shola a better performer/singer? F'ah hear!

#TeamUgo

#ItzUrBoyyyyyyy!!!!
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by emmanok24(m): 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
youngice: its all about the money ,MTN ur worst connection #robbing us since 1941

... when the Founder of MTN was yet to be concieved angry
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Damsman10(m): 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
isaactolu:
And we are already experiencing this in the exit of Shola (I know you all agree that he is by far better than some of the contestants left in the competition). Just look at the scenario that put Geoffrey, Shola, Christian and Daniella on probation believe you me if the original system had been used, none/just one of them would have been on probation.
I just went 2 bed after seeing Daniella saved over Shola

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by fisayoolowo: 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
I totally agree, they should pick the worst 4 and then their family members can vote for them,Shola shouldn't have gone when there's still Ugo and Debbie in the house

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by zanga420: 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
isaactolu:
Let them go back to the previous system when next season starts. Let the judges put the worst performances on probation like before and let them be save through the process they use to use not this one that they will put every contestant on probation
ur analysis is so on point. That programme is one of their symbol of excellence, so they should keep it up, 'cos if they lose it's number one status, it'll be a shame on them

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by martineverest(m): 2:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
An0nimus: These guys want to make better dough this time with viewer audience reading off the chart.

That awkward moment when Ugochukwu wins PFWA 7.0 cool
so bad to see shola leaves and ugo is still there...its the ghanaian season

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by 49cents(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
isaactolu: MTN is one of the most innovative and creative brand in Nigeria, I know a lot of you have issues with them (including me) but that does not deny the fact that this company has been proven time and again to be miles ahead in creativity and innovations. From their advertisements, their value added services, community projects to their talent hunts and reality shows am sure you will agree with me that they are a genius or let me say they have some genius handling these areas because in some other areas, hmmm you and I know MTN ‘na wash’. A lot of us still remember the“Chris, where is the phone” advert not to talk of the more recent Saka I don port ooo advert, the truth be said MTN makes us enjoy watching adverts on TV, not to talk of ‘Who Want To Be A Millionaire’ show and their Project Fame West Africa is undoubtedly the best among its peers.

Project Fame West Africa (which I will refer to as PFWA henceforth) is the best talent development reality TV show in West Africa. PFWA has produced some of the country’s finest musicians since its inception 7 years ago and all, I mean all of it past winners have gone on to become hits in the music industry, from Iyanya, Chidinma, Monica and recently Olawale, you will agree with me that PFWA has always produced stars.
Have you ever wait for a minute to examine why PFWA always produce stars that after the show make their marks and become popular in the music industry whereas rival TV shows like Glo Naija sings, Etisalat’s Nigerian Idol repeatedly fail to match such feat? You will observe that we don’t even get to remember the names of past winners of these rival shows whereas we can still vividly remember who the fourth runners up of like 3 seasons ago of PFWA was.
PFWA has become this successful simply because of its structure of operation what we can call its Modus Operandi. Rival shows all have the same structure which differs from PFWA structure and that is why they are not as successful. PFWA is structured in such a way that it will always produce the best from the bests.
We have a panel of judges, the faculty and the contestants. The faculty gives each contestant a task to do, a song to perform and they also coach and tutor them so as to get them to give the best performance possible. All the contestants perform at the show where they are scrutinized by the judges pointing out their errors and areas they need to improve on. The judges then select the 4 worst performance of the day and put them on probation. From these 4 contestants, the viewers will save a contestant; the faculty one and the other contestant will save 1 the other contestant not saved will exit the show.

If you look at this structure properly you will notice that it is guaranteed to produce the best out of the bests. A very good contestant is likely never to be on probation throughout the show- we have seen this in past seasons, examples include Monica, Chidinma etc. But this season MTN just came up with the greedy idea of putting all the contestants on probation after the 3rd week. This act will surely increase MTN’s revenue from voting but it will kill the quality of the show as it is the contestant with the highest number of votes that get to remain in the competition cos we all know that anybody that will vote due to the high cost of the SMS charge will only vote for his/her friend or relative among the contestants regardless of whether he/she is aware that the person is good or not. In other words, I can’t have a friend or relative among the contestants and not vote for him/her even if I realize there are better contestants in the show.

What this will result into is producing the contestant with the highest no of rich friends and relatives (who could afford the high cost of voting) as winner instead of the producing the best contestant as winner. This is the system that rival shows are using that is making them never to produce a true star. MTN following this system will surely increase their purse but will speedily kill the quality of the show.
And we are already experiencing this in the exit of Shola (I know you all agree that he is by far better than some of the contestants left in the competition). Just look at the scenario that put Geoffrey, Shola, Christian and Daniella on probation believe you me if the original system had been used, none/just one of them would have been on probation.

MTN will truly make money from this new system but at the same time they will kill the quality of the show, it is now left for them to either choose to pursue money or the quality of the competition.

- Source: http://www.trendyglitzy.com/2014/09/how-mtn-is-killing-quality-of-project.html

This post is coming 2 years late as MTN began this new structure since season 5!!!

I frowned against it but MTN knew about the consequences, positively and negatively: they knew it will fetch them more bucks but they are also smart enough to ensure that the best talents are always saved,

This is about making their brand popular and they plan to use the voting to slash the cost of hosting the expensive show.

My ONLY issue is that I strongly doubt the veracity of those compling the votes.....for with this business minded firms they are hardly honestly.

For me etisalat voting seem truer as the best seems to not win simply becasuse they stuck to the votes each contestant got.

MTN is so predictable able, Emeka is the one going to win this season no doubt but only after MTN has gotten enough cash from the votes cast for him through his sheer popularity.....am a business man and I cannot fault that what I fault is the mutlple voting thing and also the fact that the final result always looks "zoned"; marvellous did better than ayo, but Ayo looked better to showcase as the winner; same too olawale last season,they wanted a different personality last year as the winner.

The perfect project fame would be one that had the initail structure of probation and one that allow "one man, one vote"
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by AriDsexy(f): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
ModusOperandi: I can't believe you're this gullible shocked shocked

That lil trick Joke Silva pulled that night was all an act, it has always been like that
I also saw that too and funny enough I also find it so hard to believe,but if actually it was an act,then indeed,she's really a superb actress cos I also fell for it.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Paulv(m): 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
I just want to help somebody...just like my post nd tel me who u want me to vote for i wil surely for him/her.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by oleeee(m): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
d day i started hating mtn project fame was d day SHOLA was sent home!!!!
e pain me ehn!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by shift15(m): 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Shola eviction was a palace coup instigated by Ugo and Emeka followed him to carry it out.
The issue is that Shola and Ugo have same fan base, and Shola is a threat to Ugo and Geoffrey. If faculty had not saved Geoffrey,
they would have voted him out. Its a game plan that anyone who felt threatened would play any day.
Imagine if it were to be Shola that sang Shina Peters' Experience, it would have been an easy way to the top for him. Beside Shola have one of the best self composed song. So voting out Shola is not MTN's making, but Shola's previous performance was weak and so he gathered less vote.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by ndcide(m): 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
I don't vote but watch and I know Geoffrey Wii win because he is better than the rest. he has the knack of excellence going for him.

I don't get the @op, the show is just fine IMO.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
op u are right about this new system killing quality. A situation where that Christian guy or Emeka being on probation even after breath taking performance is pathetic

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by ntyce(m): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Won't be surprised to see Rukky win, she's never been in probation meaning she's one of those highest number of votes.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by adesexy(m): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
So u are telling me Mtn have produced good musicians, LIES!!! They are all poo,except for Mike Anyasodo...d remainging winners are pooo....
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by ebonyjoke(f): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
Totally agree with Op. 8 finalists is just tooo much. The producers need to watch The Voice US. They can take a cue from them and still make money.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by tylesh(f): 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
I agree wit you.....Shola leaving the competion was uncalled for.Dont even know where they got the girls from cos none of them have impressed me.It should have been Daniella instead of Shola

3 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Shady98: imho..pfwa should be scrapped,i mean who watches all that? it just gives more room for youths to deviate from education and into music..now out of 10 10 friends i have,6 are rappers and they spend all their cash rushing to the studio to release a "hit" track.
and do you have jobs available for them after graduation? man must wack even thought I buy your idea
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by touchmeder: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
I agree wit d op. Shola's departure still remains a shock to me. How can you justify Ugo (I know he is good with d guitar and all) or Daniellea still being in d house n Shola is gone? Oh well its a platform @d end of d day. If ure good, winner or not you will still make it. Omawunmi Megbele is a good example...
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by mzchinny(f): 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nice analysis.
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Motlane(f): 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
This is freaking true,abeg...'Was really pained wen Sola was evicted because he sings beta dan some of the pple included in d last 8..
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by OCHULORC(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
fisayoolowo: I totally agree, they should pick the worst 4 and then their family members can vote for them,Shola shouldn't have gone when there's still Ugo and Debbie in the house
very well said.. I see no reason y debbie is still in d house.. Like her peeps r boxed up sha. Her luck .. Bt e go pain me well if she's on d winner's list..

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by adanduka: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Taiwo should have made Top 8 but they gave him a Fela song and he just exited the show like that.

Anyway: My top 2 are Geoffrey and Emeka AND bottom 2 are Ugo and Daniella
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Larrey(f): 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
Paulv: I just want to help somebody...just like my post nd tel me who u want me to vote for i wil surely for him/her.
geoffrey

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Waje And Bisola Visit Big Brother House (photos) / 3 Idiots - 2017 Nollywood Movie Thriller - YET FILMS / 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.