Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't (29267 Views)

General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / How Illuminati Collapsed Tb Joshua Guest House (synagogue Church Of All Nation) / Video Of How Synagogue Church Guest House Collasped Plus Aircraft Hovering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by chinedujazzy(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2014
So help us God
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by simplemyk: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2014
Quite unfortunate
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by otijah(m): 8:10am On Sep 19, 2014
Ok
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by candidbabe(f): 8:11am On Sep 19, 2014
are they saying that the jet that hovered around the building had nothing to do with the collapse .
I can't believe this.
I know prophet T B Joshua cannot lie.
anyway investigation is still going on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by lizzycutie(f): 8:11am On Sep 19, 2014
It's ok
allisonluvsu: The Lagos State Government has indicted Prophet Temitope Joshua, General Overseer, Synagogue Church of All Nations, over the collapse of a 6-storey guest house in his church.

Death toll in the tragedy which occurred last Friday has hit 80 as rescue workers intensify efforts to evacuate the remaining victims trapped under the rubble. There is likely no hope of any more survivors.

•Prophet T.B. Joshua: Indicted

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Lagos State Government insisted that Joshua did not have approval for the building, therefore the addition of more floors to the existing two-storey building was illegal.

Source: http://naija247news.com/2014/09/lagos-implicates-t-b-joshua-as-death-toll-hits-80/#.VBvKs6Oh-XU

The government, however, said investigations were still on as to why the building collapsed.

Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Olutoyin Ayinde said government would not shut down the church until investigations were concluded.

Ayinde expressed sincere condolences and sympathy with those that lost their loved ones and those that were injured in the unfortunate incident.

He said the Government and indeed the Ministry was particularly saddened that innocent lives were lost.

The Commissioner clarified that no plans were in the offing to take over the collapsed structure site until thorough and detailed investigation as to the cause(s) of the collapse had been concluded.

According to him, government is conducting a preliminary investigation into the cause(s) of the collapse and would leave nothing to chance to unravel what cause the building to collapse.

He added that if there was any violation of relevant planning laws, government would take appropriate action.

To this end, Ayinde said a team of engineers from the Ministry and other state government agencies were taking samples from the foundation and materials from the wreckage of the building for detailed analysis.

He stressed that government does not arbitrarily take over properties when testing to ascertain the structural integrity of any building that collapses.

On the veracity of the “Strange Plane Theory,” alleged to have dangerously flown low over the building 50 minutes before the collapse, he said the Ministry had submitted the video clips, as provided by the Church to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) with the coordinate of the collapsed site for investigation and professional comment.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on the Environment, Tobun Abiodun, has expressed belief that some government officials may have allowed themselves to be compromised and influenced to allow the church construct the collapsed building illegally.

Ordinarily, officers in-charge of physical planning in the state are supposed to act where buildings become defective or where they do not follow laid-down procedures, he argued.

Tobun, who described the incident as a major disaster and a great loss, however, condoled with the families of the deceased and said the government needed to be more careful and pro-active to prevent a similar incident from happening again.

Quoting a report by the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Tobun said that the building ought to have only four floors instead of six, according to the foundation of the house.

“But my concern is that we have town planning officers that should supervise buildings in the state, they are accomplices. There is no way someone would build a six-storey building instead of four and they would say they were not aware. I believe that they compromised standard.

“Until they know that if they compromise in any way they are risking people’s lives, there would be problem. They should be more pro-active in the discharge of their duties,” he said.

But the Chairman of the Physical Planning Committee of the House, Mufutau Egberongbe, while defending the officials of the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, urged Nigerians to adopt voluntary compliance to laws as enforcement of the laws is supposed to be a last resort.

One of the challenges facing the ministry, according to Egberongbe, is the lack of adequate staff.

“How many are the staff of the ministry to go round Lagos when buildings are springing up on a daily basis? Voluntary compliance to laws should be our primary responsibility,” he said.

He said the government officials would have faced heavy criticisms from people if they had decided to implement the law to the letter in relation to the building, adding that it even costs the government money to carry out demolition of structures.

To him, if the church had done what it should do, the incident would have been averted.

Poster: www.loadedvilla.com
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by 9jagobetta: 8:12am On Sep 19, 2014
o ga o
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by free2ryhme: 8:13am On Sep 19, 2014
When citizens have no regards for existing govt laws situations like this are bound to happen

3 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Fortune02(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2014
All this spacebooking is totally ridiculous! Grow up Nairalanders
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by eleko1: 8:13am On Sep 19, 2014
adeoladrg:

You are hereby sentenced to...
Nairaland National Association of Space bookers
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Mrslimblack(m): 8:14am On Sep 19, 2014
My problem in all this, is d pastors insencitivity towards the lost of life in d incidence. Saw him on channels tv the day the governor visited, he sound or look touched @ all.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by eruchboy(m): 8:14am On Sep 19, 2014
its nothing new
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by olaeffect(m): 8:14am On Sep 19, 2014
“But my concern is that we have town planning officers
that should supervise buildings in the state, they are
accomplices. There is no way someone would build a six-
storey building instead of four and they would say they
were not aware. I believe that they compromised
standard."

If it is poor man trying to build his small flat now in one remote area, they will be there with their red paint to mark the house. Their is God in everything we are doing ooo.

6 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by heykims(m): 8:14am On Sep 19, 2014
Ow many years sentence?
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2014
So all those crying about insidious planes....and so on....una don hear.?

I expect to see the arrest and prosecution of the contractor and the SCOAN members responsible for the building site on charges of manslaughter.

I also expect a class action lawsuit by all those who have lost loved ones in the collapse against SCOAN and TB Joshua.

And I expect some Government officials to lose their jobs and to be prosecuted for possible negligence and corruption

This type of negligence must not be tolerated again.[size=13pt] Enough is enough.[/size]

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by sirjohnson(m): 8:15am On Sep 19, 2014
Too late to cry
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by epospiky(m): 8:15am On Sep 19, 2014
Incompetent officials! Why are they blabbing now that the deed is already done? As if the didn't know before now that the building might have fault. Mtcheeeeeeeeeew!

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by gratiaeo(m): 8:18am On Sep 19, 2014
The so-called man of God should be arrested asap. Rubbish people

4 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Osakah24(m): 8:20am On Sep 19, 2014
It wont change anything.....just the way people die in this country is outrageous and most of the deaths are easily preventable,.really time we start doing the little things that can save lives, rather than come out after the calamity must have struck to play blame games.
Life is sacred.

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by tbaba12345: 8:21am On Sep 19, 2014
Why has Joshua not been arrested??

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by omenka(m): 8:22am On Sep 19, 2014
This is a clear case of murder, mass murder, and it would be a terrible case of miscarriage of justice should TB Joshua not go to jail.

Hope Fashola doesn't disappoint me.

4 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2014
Ok is that why they attack it?? lipsrsealed
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by jidxin(m): 8:24am On Sep 19, 2014
Lagos state government is at fault ... Wat is d ministry of urban nd rural planning do wen d building was proposed or wen d additional work to expand d guest house is going on...... I think dey mark such buildings wit a red crossed sign.... Aw did dey evade dem.... Our rotten sym putting d blame only on one party

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Abdulsalam20(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2014
JUST PASSING BY grin
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Afroconnect: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2014
Its uncceptable for so many people to die due to negligence of some.

Lagos state government should see beyond these manipulations going on,as dumb ignorant blind people are scared to comment on the truth cos they are scared to talk about gospel business men.
Dumbb Nigerians always turning a blind eye even when the truth is glary.
No space for manipulators,mediocres and dummiies in heaven-see the truth,speak it and it sets u free.

the laws of the land must prevail-Fashola am sure is a wise man and will act decisively-impunity should not be tolerated.

6 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by DikSin(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2014
adeoladrg:

You are hereby sentenced to...
Death by e-hanging grin
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by popson1st: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2014
Waiting for APC to blame PDP, and vice-versa.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by deeedee: 8:30am On Sep 19, 2014
Space booked.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by nora544: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2014
He want to make more money, every body from south africa who travel to his church have to pay for the trip about 1340 Euro or 19 000 Rand or 1730 USD.

So he wants to make the money that shows also his real face.

With 1730 Euro I can fly to the emirates and can stay in a luxury hotel for one week.
That is realy the same way for south africans to nigera to stay at his church for one week.

A total of 349 South Africans were in Lagos on matters connected to the church when the disaster occurred.

Of these, 265 were found alive. - Sapa

He knows that he has no documentsthat is why he is telling that the documents are in the collaps building.

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Ikemba001: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2014
does it mean that those useless tout going around to mark capital X by writing stop work didn't go there
if it is me that want to build small toilet they will obstruct me see what preferential treatment hv caused

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by rman: 8:34am On Sep 19, 2014
looking4job: HELLO NAIRALANDERS,

PLEASE SAVE A BROTHER. SAVE A SOUL. I'M FRUSTRATED AND SINKING IN ABJECT POVERTY. I NEED A JOB URGENTLY AND I WILL SINCERELY APPRECIATE ANY FORM OF HELP RENDERED TO ME CONCERNING GETTING EMPLOYED. IF YOU'RE IN POSITION TO HELP WITH ANY USEFUL INFORMATION, KINDLY PM ME. GOD BLESS YOU ALL

For people to take you serious you need to do more.

You want people to PM you so they can find out what you have to offer? Obviously, you have not suffered enough.

What do u have to offer? How do u add value?

Those and many more is what you should be posting allover threads not this one that portrays you as a scammer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by olaeffect(m): 8:37am On Sep 19, 2014
bushdoc9919: So all those crying about insidious planes....and so on....una don hear.?

I expect to see the arrest and prosecution of the contractor and the SCOAN members responsible for the building site on charges of manslaughter.

I also expect a class action lawsuit by all those who have lost loved ones in the collapse against SCOAN and TB Joshua.

And I expect some Government officials to lose their jobs and to be prosecuted for possible negligence and corruption

This type of negligence must not be tolerated again.[size=13pt] Enough is enough.[/size]

Let's stop corruption, let's stop corruption, we no gree, all we talk about is PDP, APC, and GEJ till 2019.
My neighbor in ministry of finance is embezzling funds and stealing oil money no one is saying anything because it does not directly affect human lives, I am in the ministry of environment and i am collection bribe to look the other way, since I don't have any oil money to steal, now you are saying I should lose my job because my action affects lives directly are we not both thieves? Do you know the number of human lives that the missing NNPC $20bn cut short?
No problem, continue, so their is now honour amongst thieves abi?

Let's put an end to corruption please, not minding any political, ethnic, tribal or religious affiliations. End corruption and every other thing will fall in place. Aside that it will be story as usual.

R.I.P to the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by adepiero: 8:37am On Sep 19, 2014
T.B. Joshua should be prosecuted. imagine the number of lives lost and we are giving him a pat on the back for the collapsed building. which is more important, lives or building? China would have executed him along with the contractors by now. all we are good at is eye service (oju aye)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Isaac Pada's Wife, Precious, Four Children Missing In Abuja / Have You Ever Experienced Or Witnessed A Notable Miracle? / I Need An Interpretation Of This Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.