Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Starting My Own Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Starting My Own Religion (2971 Views)

Why So Many Atheists Hate Their Own Religion Of Atheism. / Factors That Caused Muhammad To Reject Christianity And Start His Own Religion: / What Does Repentance Really Mean In Your Own Religion Or Worldview? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting My Own Religion by Dolemite(f): 3:12am On Sep 20, 2014
Yup, I have decided to start my own religion, I hope to create a religion that is all accepting, does not discriminate and is of course charitable...and profitable grin. We shall worship things we can see or know for a fact exists or existed, like scientists past or present, bad-ass/hot actors (with no religious affiliations of course), public figures who were awesome and we shall have a book that guides our thoughts and actions grin

My religion is still in the planning stages so fellow atheists lets get to work and make this a reality.

P.S
If an illiterate could create a religion followed by billions years later, why can't I? grin

3 Likes

Re: Starting My Own Religion by bist: 3:14am On Sep 20, 2014
Don't let the Most High punish u cos of ur ignorant tots n decisions.

#justsaying!

1 Like

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Dolemite(f): 3:16am On Sep 20, 2014
bist: Don't let the Most High punish u cos of ur ignorant tots n decisions.
#justsaying!

My most high is tougher than yours, and his name is CLINT EASTWOOD!! grin grin

#justsaying

4 Likes

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Dolemite(f): 3:17am On Sep 20, 2014
Atheists only please!
Re: Starting My Own Religion by sinto5(m): 3:31am On Sep 20, 2014
if I may ask u what are the things u are putting into consideration?
Re: Starting My Own Religion by padeolu: 3:59am On Sep 20, 2014
Free Thinker undecided
Re: Starting My Own Religion by tchigofigo(m): 4:10am On Sep 20, 2014
is your 'most high'..ClinT Whatever, a god? i tot atheist dnt believe in God or gods..flawed.
Re: Starting My Own Religion by Dolemite(f): 5:45am On Sep 20, 2014
tchigofigo: is your 'most high'..ClinT Whatever, a god? i tot atheist dnt believe in God or gods..flawed.

I don't know about other atheists, but if I found proof for any God, Allah, Jesus, Buddah, Krishna etc I would worship, I worship Clint Eastwood (or any celeb deity I can come up with grin ) because I can see, possibly touch my God, and I know he exists, no 'faith' needed. grin You can't make the same boast, have you ever seen Jesus? or an angel?

2 Likes

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Proffdada: 6:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite:

I don't know about other atheists, but if I found proof for any God, Allah, Jesus, Buddah, Krishna etc I would worship, I worship Clint Eastwood (or any celeb deity I can come up with grin ) because I can see, possibly touch my God, and I know he exists, no 'faith' needed. grin You can't make the same boast, have you ever seen Jesus? or an angel?
have u ever seen the wind . have u ever wondered what powers ur consciousness. have u ever wondered why man's intelligence towers above other creatures? have you ever wondered the intricacy of Grand design? have you ever wondered what binds other dimensions from spinning out of control and nullifying the 3rd dimension? have you ever wondered why atheists could adopt the Higgs boson particle? I can start a new religion with u based on a template of facts and evidence of answers to the questions above
Re: Starting My Own Religion by Dolemite(f): 7:09am On Sep 20, 2014
Proffdada: have u ever seen the wind . have u ever wondered what powers ur consciousness. have u ever wondered why man's intelligence towers above other creatures? have you ever wondered the intricacy of Grand design? have you ever wondered what binds other dimensions from spinning out of control and nullifying the 3rd dimension? have you ever wondered why atheists could adopt the Higgs boson particle? I can start a new religion with u based on a template of facts and evidence of answers to the questions above

I have no explanations for any of those, but to claim that what you don't understand results from the supernatural isn't the best answer either. It's like primitives in a village untouched by civilization or technology, all of a sudden an airplane crashes into it, the default/human response would be to claim it came from the gods because they can't possible comprehend that level of technological advancement, that is where we are, we think we know so much but for you to tell me consciousness, grand design (or what looks like it), and other unanswered mysteries can't be logically explained, you must know EVERYTHING about the EVERYTHING to draw that conclusion...and sorry hun, we don't know everything. Maybe our children's children would be able to find answers (and they will). Soon though there would be no reason or use for religion...except my religion which I'm creating. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Proffdada: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite:

I have no explanations for any of those, but to claim that what you don't understand results from the supernatural isn't the best answer either. It's like primitives in a village untouched by civilization or technology, all of a sudden an airplane crashes into it, the default/human response would be to claim it came from the gods because they can't possible comprehend that level of technological advancement, that is where we are, we think we know so much but for you to tell me consciousness, grand design (or what looks like it), and other unanswered mysteries can't be logically explained, you must know EVERYTHING about the EVERYTHING to draw that conclusion...and sorry hun, we don't know everything. Maybe our children's children would be able to find answers (and they will). Soon though there would be no reason or use for religion...except my religion which I'm creating. grin grin
that's why science had to revert back to God which is the ultimate answer to all those questions
Re: Starting My Own Religion by yungchop: 8:07am On Sep 20, 2014
Babe like seriously you're an atheist? I weep for you! sad

2 Likes

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite: Yup, I have decided to start my own religion, I hope to create a religion that is all accepting, does not discriminate and is of course charitable...and profitable grin. We shall worship things we can see or know for a fact exists or existed, like scientists past or present, bad-ass/hot actors (with no religious affiliations of course), public figures who were awesome and we shall have a book that guides our thoughts and actions grin

My religion is still in the planning stages so fellow atheists lets get to work and make this a reality.

P.S
If an illiterate could create a religion followed by billions years later, why can't I? grin
i dont see atheists joining you in this, we've passed this stage.

Anybody can create religion that promote good and well being of the society, its like a two way thing, but that doesnt mean some of the fundamental truths are objective. You can get people to worship, but what happens is that as time goes on people will look for the objective reason/fact and when they do so, that is the end!

Creating an organisation/movement is okay, compared to creating a religion(bondage).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Dolemite(f): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2014
Proffdada: that's why science had to revert back to God which is the ultimate answer to all those questions

It's a lazy approach, and it is detrimental to human advancement, look at what happened to Galileo whose scientific approach was spot on but because it countered the views of the church he almost lost his life, this is the reason why you find a highly religious population among poor countries (including Nigeria). If people are allowed to think without religious backlash, the world would be a more advanced place.

1 Like

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 20, 2014
Count me in! grin
As long as we get to collect tithe-- preferably 20% of salary. cheesy
Treasurer reporting for duty. cool

1 Like

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Dolemite(f): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2014
yungchop: Babe like seriously you're an atheist? I weep for you! sad

I guess you're one of those religious types, but look at your signature "#Money Over Bitches though " lmao, out of the abundance of the heart? grin grin

P.S
Weep for yourself. angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Dolemite(f): 8:16am On Sep 20, 2014
Peterken05: i dont see atheists joining you in this, we've passed this stage.

Anybody can create religion that promote good and well being of the society, its like a two way thing, but that doesnt mean some of the fundamental truths are objective. You can get people to worship, but what happens is that as time goes on people will look for the objective reason/fact and when they do so, that is the end!

Creating an organisation/movement is okay, compared to creating a religion(bondage).

But I want my own religion though, I have bills to pay, controversy to create. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Dolemite(f): 8:16am On Sep 20, 2014
Apatheist: Count me in! grin

YASSS!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Starting My Own Religion by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 20, 2014
Apatheist: Count me in! grin
kidding right?
Re: Starting My Own Religion by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite:

But I want my own religion though, I have bills to pay, controversy to create. grin grin
Lool, i now understand you. Very funny.

Alot of people dont know that. The main reason why everybody is creating churches is for money..lool
Re: Starting My Own Religion by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite:

YASSS!! cheesy cheesy
Decided on a deity?
Re: Starting My Own Religion by TunjiMsp: 8:50am On Sep 20, 2014
Now that it's still in the early state, there are drugs that can suppress your madness

2 Likes

Re: Starting My Own Religion by tchigofigo(m): 9:09am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite:

well, u'v said it all in one of ur posts..'i have bills to pay...' u can count me in when it cms to 'BILLS'.,I'l join u in discovering 'controversies' n creating them..as 4 those beliefs, i jst knw u r try'na catch ur fun..
Re: Starting My Own Religion by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite:

My most high is tougher than yours, and his name is CLINT EASTWOOD!! grin grin

#justsaying
Chuck Norris would have been better. grin
Re: Starting My Own Religion by Proffdada: 9:33am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite:

It's a lazy approach, and it is detrimental to human advancement, look at what happened to Galileo whose scientific approach was spot on but because it countered the views of the church he almost lost his life, this is the reason why you find a highly religious population among poor countries (including Nigeria). If people are allowed to think without religious backlash, the world would be a more advanced place.
in order words,there is God but u prefer complicating simple things just to see what makes tick. Or rather how to prove scientifically there is God
Re: Starting My Own Religion by chinnyonwu(m): 10:14am On Sep 20, 2014
Dolemite:

I guess you're one of those religious types, but look at your signature "#Money Over Bitches though " lmao, out of the abundance of the heart? grin grin

P.S
Weep for yourself. angry angry
abi o. hypocrisy . even if heaven nd hell were real you are both going same place
anyway if this thread is for atheists only.. how can u make the cashhhhh?
Re: Starting My Own Religion by ooman(m): 11:28am On Sep 22, 2014
Turn the celebs into idols, scientists into gods, doctors into miracle workers. Collect donations from members... religion is a get rich quick scheme.
Plan it well and soon, you will be riding in your own private jets, building universities the poor cannot afford and changing spouse as you like...but i will never be a member

1 Like

Re: Starting My Own Religion by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Hmmm. I will join you . I got some friends bothering me about me not having someone/something to worship. I became a Pastafarian weeks ago but i can always combine worship of the Flying Spaghetti Monster with other religion especially those founded by beautiful people. Put me on the list pleeeeeaaaaase!
Re: Starting My Own Religion by wiegraf: 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
I wish I could help, but topping the folly of the established judeoxtians, for drama, nonsense, hipocrisy etc seems impossible. even Mormons and scientologists dey bow. pikiwokki, Zeus et al decided to retire sef. etc etc

small beginnings sha. good luck
Re: Starting My Own Religion by finofaya: 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2014
I believe Clint Eastwood will do wonderful things through you. Your coming is a welcome development on our religious landscape. Contact me for affordable registration with the CAC and other legal matters.

May Eastwood keep you.

PS. Have you drafted your creation facts? What of your eschatology?
Re: Starting My Own Religion by bigakin: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
I will like to join ur new religion because I don tire 4 all dis heartless religion in Nigeria
Re: Starting My Own Religion by bigakin: 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
my phone is 08171995704

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Jesus Experience Failure? / Usual Suspects(nuclearboy,deepsight,noetic,madmax And Co.) On Suffering. / If Jesus Were Alive Today He Will Be Declared WANTED For The Following (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.