Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Igbo Men And Their Mama - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Men And Their Mama (9599 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Igbo Men Are Handsome! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2008
read inbtw d lines,u will get my point

Which lines should I read in between a meaningless sentence? undecided
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by whatever90(f): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Which lines should I read in between a meaningless sentence? undecided
Thank you

as meaningless as d numerous dumb threads u open up per day yeah?
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by chika98: 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2008
lmao. Only childish men let their mothers choose who they are going to marry.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by Gamine(f): 6:59pm On Nov 04, 2008
@Topic.

Well, it is true to an extent.

Igbo dudes, will try as much as possible not to offend their mum.

I mean, read half of a yellow sun.lol
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by chika98: 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2008
This hasn't got anything to do with being igbo or whatever. African men are tend to be that way. Not limited to Igbo men.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by KarmaMod(f): 7:13pm On Nov 04, 2008
A yoruba man no matter how much he loves his mother will one day draw the line especially when it comes to relationships

This is such a lie.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2008
KarmaMod:

This is such a lie.
Abi o undecided
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by BabyJinx: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2008
Before getting all up in arms over this issue, ask her how many Igbo men she polled, how men Igbo mothers she questioned, how many Yoruba, Hausa, Calabar, TiV people she used to compare and contrast.

Ask her these questions before giving her an audience.

We don't want "The Voices in my head told me this this this. . . therefore it must be true"
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by ezeagu(m): 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2008
Leave Igbo people . . . . . . . . and their mama. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by bawomolo(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2008
Most yoruba men will hate their dad for a while[they usually get over it quickly]

get over it quickly. lol lots of nigerian fathers have gotten abandoned by their kids.  

Baby Jinx:

We don't want "The Voices in my head told me this this this. . . therefore it must be true"

i warn you baby jinx, do not question the voices of the mad gods.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by Gamine(f): 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2008
But Stats show that this could actually be true

No matter how rampant it may be among Africans,

One tribe or some tribes will top the charts
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by Gamine(f): 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2008
I know its a black man thing.

I have a Yoruba friend that can hardly construct a sentence without "my mum"

But dont you think the Igbos Monogamous background

has a part to play in this?
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by chika98: 8:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
Gamine:

But don't you think the Igbos Monogamous background

How old is this friend of yours? It really bothers me when "boys" let their mothers control them.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by Gamine(f): 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2008
He's 25 i think.

i guess bein the last child

and the fact that he's father died when he was young, enhances the attachment.

Even though they live apart now, she still manages to enter almost every conversation i have with him.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 9:03pm On Nov 04, 2008
Gamine:

But don't you think the Igbos Monogamous background

You are wasting your time on them because they know igbos have a stronger bond with their mum no matter how they try to argue it. i think their monogamous nature may be a factor or there is some way igbo mothers bond with their children.

I never said anywhere that Yoruba men do not have such bonds but it's the strenght of the bond that is in question here.

For those that are asking me about opinion polls, ask them how many people they polled when they question Nollywood and how they disgrace Nigerians especially when we look at their record sales.

They can also ask me how many people I polled if i claim that :

Yoruba men are more romantic than any other race and tribe in Africa

Hausa men are more mumuish and adamant than any other tribe in Africa

Igbo men are more likely to stay with their wives till the end of time no matter the condition than any other tribe or race in Africa.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by BabyJinx: 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

You are wasting your time on them because they know igbos have a stronger bond with their mum no matter how they try to argue it. i think their monogamous nature may be a factor or there is some way igbo mothers bond with their children.

I never said anywhere that Yoruba men do not have such bonds but it's the strenght of the bond that is in question here.

For those that are asking me about opinion polls, ask them how many people they polled when they question Nollywood and how they disgrace Nigerians especially when we look at their record sales.

They can also ask me how many people I polled if i claim that :

Yoruba men are more romantic than any other race and tribe in Africa

Hausa men are more mumuish and adamant than any other tribe in Africa

Igbo men are more likely to stay with their wives till the end of time no matter the condition than any other tribe or race in Africa.

And it is because they were sexually abused by their mothers, right?
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2008
Baby Jinx:

And it is because they were sexually abused by their mothers, right?

Nobody is this dense for real and i am beginning to pity some men and what they marry as wives. undecided
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by ChinenyeN(m): 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2008
@The Topic. . .

Nne ka. Simple as that.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2008
ChinenyeN:

@The Topic. . .

Nne ka. Simple as that.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by ChinenyeN(m): 10:16pm On Nov 04, 2008
Sorry. . nne ka = mother is supreme.
Family is through our mothers. Lineage is through our fathers. That's how I see it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by BabyJinx: 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2008
You feel sorry for yourself .

You start off saying Igbo men are unusually close to their mothers

What factor in igbo culture is responsible for the strong affinity between an igbo man and his mother?. An igbo man's mother in most cases has the final say over their lives no matter how much they love their girlfriends or wives.

You add that you heard it is because their mother’s sexually abuse them.

That love is too much oh. Other tribes love their mothers but an igbo mans love surpasses the one akata men have for their mother. That i think is not natural and something must be behind it. Juju or some form of mental hypnotism.

Somebody told me sometime ago that most igbo women abuse their sons sexually hence the undying bond. It's from tribal gossip oh and no from me.

Then you come and say their attachment to their mothers is why they have longer lasting marriage.

i think their monogamous nature may be a factor or there is some way igbo mothers bond with their children.

Tell me what exactly are you implying here, oh ye queen of daftness?

Like I said, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this whole ignorance shctick is nothing but a façade and you just get off on the negative attention it awards you coz if it is real, you what,. . . can’t even bring myself to go there.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2008
are you saying the length of a pregnancy differs by tribe? Or childbirth pains differ by tribe?
How did you come about this? Is it like the way you assumed I disrespect my elders?

People are telling you that women everywhere: especially black women in general and Nigerian women in particular, have close bonds with their sons, and you're still arguing that its an Igbo thing. And in your weird mind, this closeness of a son to his mother is because the mother sleeps with him? Were you raised in a foster home? Huh
Who are the people and where is everywhere? undecided

Go date an AA guy and test his bond with his mother to see if its less than the Nigerian one. Start abusing his mother and wait for his reaction. If he abuses her along with you, then if you like stay there and don't pick race.
Did you read the initial question and reference to AA? Duh

As per staying with wives: interview the mormon polygamists and find out the percentage of those who havebeen in their polygamous uninos for thirty or more years.
How many Mormons are in Africa? I said Igbo men are the most monogamous in Africa and not the world. Not to worry, you may not know the difference. Monogamy is different from polygamy you know undecided

You're every bit as mumuish and stubborn as you claim the hausas are- maybe you have Hausa blood, going by your theory here.
God forbid and thank you for your concern.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 11:01pm On Nov 04, 2008
Baby Jinx:

You feel sorry for yourself .

You start off saying Igbo men are unusually close to their mothers

You add that you heard it is because their mother’s sexually abuse them.

Then you come and say their attachment to their mothers is why they have longer lasting marriage.

Tell me what exactly are you implying here, oh ye queen of daftness?

Like I said, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this whole ignorance shctick is nothing but a façade and you just get off on the negative attention it awards you because if it is real, you what,. . . can’t even bring myself to go there.

I think it's easier to ignore this Jewish heiress. Chic fight has never been my thing, tho.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 11:03pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2008
At least am now vindicated that these are bunch of wild female cats on heat running around looking for any opportunity to quarrel. They cannot read and comprehend before they open their mouth because they are more interested in making wide remarks. I have tried my possible best to stay off this Tpia for sometime now because there is something in her acumen that doesn't sound right to me but I cannot press it because am obliged to be civil at all cost, thanks to Seun. I may just recoil to my cyst and continue living my life irrespective of their retorts. There is life outside the cyberspace after all. undecided
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by XKZ(m): 11:29pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

At least am now vindicated that these are bunch of wild female cats on heat running around looking for any opportunity to quarrel. They cannot read and comprehend before they open their mouth because they are more interested in making wide remarks. I have tried my possible best to stay off this Tpia for sometime now because there is something in her acumen that doesn't sound right to me but I cannot press it because am obliged to be civil at all cost, thanks to Seun. I may just recoil to my cyst and continue living my life irrespective of their retorts. There is life outside the cyberspace after all. undecided
Looks like you are the one creating an atmosphere for quarrels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? / What Is 'traditional' To The Igbo? | Gịnị Bụ Omẹnàlà Na Ányá Ńdí Ìgbò? / Hausa Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.