Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,529 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Igbo Men And Their Mama - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Men And Their Mama (9579 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Igbo Men Are Handsome! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2008
African American men do have a very strong bond with their mothers because their mothers in most cases raised them singlehandedly while picking cottons and that is very understandable. Forgive me for following that mosaic line but what factor in igbo culture is responsible for the strong affinity between an igbo man and his mother?. An igbo man's mother in most cases has the final say over their lives no matter how much they love their girlfriends or wives.

An igbo man can argue his fathers opinion and may or may not end up accepting that opinion but his mothers opinion about everything in his life in most cases is not up for argument. He may grunt and complain but will eventually bow down to her wishes. Could there be a certain way igbo women bond with their male children that made them wield so much power over their lives?. What is their secret recipe? Could it be juju? cheesy. Why is their hypnotic jujuism not effective on their daughters so much?

Igbo men are notorious for waging endless wars with their own father just because he is dumping their mother and marrying another woman after 40 years of marriage. Is it not time to look into this matter? tongue
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by Ifygurl: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2008
Because Igbo men love their mothers.

Most mothers from the Igbo tribe will die for their children.

Why are you so concern about Igbo people? Abeg, make u leave us alone oohh.
Wetin dey worry you for Igbo men and their love for their mothers?
you've come with your generalization again.

Abeg, wetin be Juju. A Igbo man cannot love his mother (He must be in a juju to love his mother).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2008
Ifygurl:

Because Igbo men love their mothers.

Most mothers from the Igbo tribe will die for their children.

Why are you so concern about Igbo people? Abeg, make u leave us alone oohh.
Wetin dey worry you for Igbo men and their love for their mothers?
you've come with your generalization again.

Abeg, wetin be Juju. A Igbo man cannot love his mother (He must be in a juju to love his mother).

That love is too much oh. Other tribes love their mothers but an igbo mans love surpasses the one akata men have for their mother. That i think is not natural and something must be behind it. Juju or some form of mental hypnotism.

Somebody told me sometime ago that most igbo women abuse their sons sexually hence the undying bond. It's from tribal gossip oh and not from me. lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by chuckdee4(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2008
@ Poster

If ur parents raised u well enough u would understand the love and respect that igbo guys show to their mums parents in general)

PepERSprAY:

That love is too much oh. Other tribes love their mothers but an igbo mans love surpasses the one akata men have for their mother. That i think is not natural and something must be behind it. Juju or some form of mental hypnotism.

Somebody told me sometime ago that most igbo women abuse their sons sexually hence the undying bond. It's from tribal gossip oh and not from me. lipsrsealed

If u believe that then u must be thicker than i thought
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by chi21: 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

African American men do have a very strong bond with their mothers because their mothers in most cases raised them singlehandedly while picking cottons and that is very understandable. Forgive me for following that mosaic line but what factor in igbo culture is responsible for the strong affinity between an igbo man and his mother?. An igbo man's mother in most cases has the final say over their lives no matter how much they love their girlfriends or wives.

An igbo man can argue his fathers opinion and may or may not end up accepting that opinion but his mothers opinion about everything in his life in most cases is not up for argument. He may grunt and complain but will eventually bow down to her wishes. Could there be a certain way igbo women bond with their male children that made them wield so much power over their lives?. What is their secret recipe? Could it be juju? cheesy. Why is their hypnotic jujuism not effective on their daughters so much?

Igbo men are notorious for waging endless wars with their own father just because he is dumping their mother and marrying another woman after 40 years of marriage. Is it not time to look into this matter? tongue

You need psychiatric evaluation. Are you not noticing that nobody is replying your post anymore
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by ukukaegbu(m): 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
@ pepperspray

It's your momma that abused her sons sexually and not igbo mothers. IDIOT.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by bawomolo(m): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2008
African American men do have a very strong bond with their mothers because their mothers in most cases raised them singlehandedly while picking cottons and that is very understandable

sociologist deepzone, take am easy o
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2008
oh Jesus.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by lucabrasi(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2008
@post
its not just igbo men,most nigerian men have a strong bond with their mothers and will not go against their mother's wishes,i dont know about the igbos and relationship with their mums,but i have seen countless situations with yoruba men and their mums giving them an ultimatum and them caving in, ita a nigeria/african phenomenom rather than retricted to a particular tribe
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

You didn't have to repeat that here.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by lucabrasi(m): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2008
if thats true then i guess 99.9% of nigerian parents of ibo,yoruba and hausa ethnicity all abuse their children both male and female seeing as they all share bonds of that nature with their children either male or female
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by BabyJinx: 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2008
When I said we should put a muzzle on her the other day, nobody answered me. Seriously, what kind of person lives just to cause wahala like this? It's like her day is not complete if she hasn't left a dozen people fuming in her wake.

Jeebus! angry
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by DisGuy: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2008
she's got problem, very serious one, its unfortunate she cant
come out to say what her problems are- you just never know
what hav the health section in here with good doctors on nairaland

what is it, you are trying to tell us with your posts woman?
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by whatever90(f): 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2008
you are an idiot deepzone, i hardly reply ur threads this days because ive noticed that u love so much attention,and sm people r really given it to u

but i make an exception today,let me give u that mental and psychological attention uve been lackin right from childhood

go see d way yorubas and kogi's  are tied to their mums like flies following shait

u think its all about tribe?

really u need to grow a little more sense to that tiny little thing u have in ur head

ur mates r busy getting married and settling down,u r here acting like a child who has not suckled breasts right from the day u took in and out ur first breath

get a lyf my dear
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tope2000(f): 5:29pm On Nov 04, 2008
Deepzone again shocked shocked shocked
Dont you get tired of being bashed
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2008
ukukaegbu:

@ pepperspray

It's your momma that abused her sons sexually and not igbo mothers. IDIOT.
Lol, was that all you saw? That was a tongue in the cheek. tongue

sexual abuse is supposed to scare the men away from their mothers and not bond them together if my allegation was something to go by.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by tpia: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2008
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2008
lucabrasi:

if thats true then i guess 99.9% of nigerian parents of ibo,yoruba and hausa ethnicity all abuse their children both male and female seeing as they all share bonds of that nature with their children either male or female
Forget the abuse part, have you noticed that ibo women have a very thick emotional chord between them and their sons. It's not as if others don't have it but theirs is a bit higher which makes me think there is an innate factor that is the sole cause of it.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by XFio(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2008
Do any of you know how 2 make a topic on nairaland
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by MsLurker(f): 5:41pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Forget the abuse part, have you noticed that ibo women have a very thick emotional chord between them and their sons. It's not as if others don't have it but theirs is a bit higher which makes me think there is an innate factor that is the sole cause of it.

I think that's African men in general.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by whatever90(f): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Forget the abuse part, have you noticed that ibo [/b]women have a very thick emotional chord between them and their sons. It's not as if others don't have it but theirs is a bit higher which makes me think there is an innate factor that is the sole cause of it.

how come u claim to know d igbo's but still can't type and pronounce the name well?

since u knw too well,then i wonder why u r always corrected wt the [b]igbo
and ibo
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by KarmaMod(f): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2008
Somebody told me sometime ago  that most igbo women abuse their sons sexually hence the undying bond. It's from tribal gossip oh and not from me.

Lmao I do NOT want to be here will osisi sees this.  Hopefully she'll be too engrossed in making sure her 2nd husband reaches the white house

jenny, when I used to argue with am, didnt you used to yell at me that Im always on her back?  tongue
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lmao I do NOT want to be here will osisi sees this. Hopefully she'll be too engrossed in making sure her 2nd husband reaches the white house

jenny, when I used to argue with am, didnt you used to yell at me that I'm always on her back? tongue

I believe that I've explained that phrase over and over again. You can quote it,enlarge it and project it on high definition as many times as you wish.

Some people don't know when to stay off. The same Osisi that banned you from mentioning her name ago some days ago? Same Osisi that you and your group ganged up for because she's saying the truth is suddenly your sweetheart because you want to stir trouble between her and Erelu. You really think that Osisi is that dense?. I think that your lack of home training is the real problem here because i wouldn't know what will make you think that you are more clever than Osisi who is clearly more educated and experienced than you. Gosh, that's why I swore never to raise my kids in America. Tired of writing these fables for an ignorant generation.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2008
how come u claim to know d igbo's but still can't type and pronounce the name well?

since u knw too well,then i wonder why u r always corrected wt the igbo and ibo
\
Because i try so hard to write the former since am used to the latter. It'll take some time to fizzle away.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by KarmaMod(f): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2008
The explanation is still pathetic

and where did you get the idea that it's just an Igbo thing to be tied to one's mother. Seems to be something most Nigerian men are guilty of regardless of tribe. Yorubas males are just as tied to their moms as well ESPECIALLY "only sons" or first born sons and you know it.
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by whatever90(f): 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2008
KarmaMod:

The explanation is still pathetic

and where did you get the idea that it's just an Igbo thing to be tied to one's mother. Seems to be something most Nigerian men are guilty of regardless of tribe. Yorubas males are just as tied to their moms as well ESPECIALLY "only sons" or first born sons and you know it.

thank u my sister

I'm not a tribalist,infact i don't waste time in dissing d igbos not minding d fact that i am one of them

but when i saw this thread,she should have like used "nigerian men" than holding on to the igbos,don't i have friends from diff tribes?infact i have more of yoruba friends dan igbos,so funmi should not lay one false claim here

infact shes a joke
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by omoge(f): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2008
ummmmmmmm i thought men generally are closer to their mama because it is easy to get away with many things. most mama are soft with their male kids unlike the dad who is always carrying koboko and belt undecided
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2008
whatever90:

thank u my sister

I'm not a tribalist,infact i don't waste time in dissing d igbos not minding d fact that i am one of them

Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by whatever90(f): 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2008
PepERSprAY:

read inbtw d lines,u will get my point
Re: Igbo Men And Their Mama by PepERSprAY: 6:32pm On Nov 04, 2008
omoge:

ummmmmmmm i thought men generally are closer to their mama because it is easy to get away with many things. most mama are soft with their male kids unlike the dad who is always carrying koboko and belt undecided

Very true but igbo man's affinity to his mother is overwhelming. A yoruba man no matter how much he loves his mother will one day draw the line especially when it comes to relationships. Most yoruba men will hate their dad for a while[they usually get over it quickly] if they marry another wife and dump their mom in case of monogamous homes but most igbo men will wage a war with their father just to force him to love their mom forever.

Remember that igbos are the most monogamous tribe in Nigeria. So, It means that if the theory above is true, igbos [b]may [/b]have the highest number of men in unhappy marriages because their culture made it difficult for the men to walk away.

An igbo man may be tall, suave, smart, handsome, ingenuous and all that but beyond that facade is a gigantic mama's boy that is not ready to put a nail on his decision unless his mother does not veto it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Call Your In-Laws 'Brother', 'Sister'? / Igbos Originally From Ethiopia / Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.