Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959970 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by GonFreecss1: 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2018
omoharry:
what about ARM MMF..are they better for investment?

What do you mean by better?

They are actually okay. Depends on you at the end of the day.
Re: Mutual Funds by r4blessing: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2018
AbbyE:
Should I trust Stanbic IBTC with my money if they keep making silly mistakes like this

1. I paid some money into my money market fund and they posted it twice in error. Almost three weeks later they have still not been able to do a reconciliation and correct the issue

2. I moved some money between mutual funds , from bond fund to guaranteed last week monday, 8 working days after, they have not credit the guaranteed with the money but they have taken the money out of the bond ( different money from the one above)

I have sent emails which they have not responded to , I am not sure if i have to go to their office
Trust me is better u go to their office for issue number 2. I had same issue some time ago and they didn't respond to any of the emails and calls till I went to their office. For number 1, I hope it's earning interest, if it is don't even disturb your self. And trust me I still feel stanbic is better than axamasard if u are thinking of switching. Coz I have both
Re: Mutual Funds by r4blessing: 5:31pm On Nov 08, 2018
For now I think Afrinvest NIDF fund has the highest interest rate @ above 16%.. Those with idle cash can look into it
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2018
r4blessing:
For now I think Afrinvest NIDF fund has the highest interest rate @ above 16%.. Those with idle cash can look into it

Can you please confirm if it is higher than Stanbic IBTC Money Market Funds. What is the highest interest rate so far?

Re: Mutual Funds by r4blessing: 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2018
Last I check it was 16%
Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 12:15am On Nov 09, 2018
The SFS Fixed Income Fund (“SFS FIF” or “The Fund”) is an open-ended Collective Investment Scheme duly registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Nigeria (“SEC”). The Fund was launched in May 2014 and is managed by SFS Capital Nigeria Limited.

The SFS Fixed Income Fund is a Double AA rated and carefully designed Savings/Financial Planning product. The Fund invests primarily in high yielding securities issued by Federal Government of Nigeria, sub-nationals and highly rated corporate institutions (with at least an “A” rating by a SEC registered rating agency). SFS FIF is a low risk financial planning product with an investor base ranging from retail to institutional clients. The Fund makes distributions to unit holders on a quarterly basis. In addition, the Fund qualifies for investment by Pension Fund Administrators in Nigeria as regulated by the National Pension Commission (“PENCOM”).

The Fund is aimed at resident and non-resident individual and institutional investors that:

> require liquidity and have a low risk appetite; and

> seek to benefit from prevailing and historically high interest rates in Nigeria in an optimal manner.

The Fund is formed by pooling funds of several individual and corporate investors which gives the Fund greater “bargaining power” to obtain higher levels of interest rates when investing. The manager of the fund seeks to deliver a minimum return of 12% p.a. to its subscribers and this affects the investment and trading policy of the fund.

With a minimum starting investment of N10,000, the fund offers, Low risks, competitive returns, higher rates than standard bank savings accounts, flexibility alongside the experience and track record of SFS Capital’s investment Management team in the Nigerian financial market.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by austine4real(m): 12:22am On Nov 09, 2018
pls hw can I top up my axa mansard account??

I mean additional subscription
Re: Mutual Funds by emmy4lov(m): 1:49am On Nov 09, 2018
r4blessing:

Is this a mutual funds? Can you explain please.?
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 8:16am On Nov 09, 2018
austine4real:
pls hw can I top up my axa mansard account??

I mean additional subscription
You can make a fund transfer to any of their bank accounts with your client number as reference
Re: Mutual Funds by AbbyE: 10:05am On Nov 09, 2018
r4blessing:

Trust me is better u go to their office for issue number 2. I had same issue some time ago and they didn't respond to any of the emails and calls till I went to their office. For number 1, I hope it's earning interest, if it is don't even disturb your self. And trust me I still feel stanbic is better than axamasard if u are thinking of switching. Coz I have both

I have axamansard too , their customer service is way better than Stanbic to me . I have never had issues with redemption or subscription and the only day I made a complaint they called me immediately. Stanbic's customer's experience is 0

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
emmy4lov:

Is this a mutual funds? Can you explain please.?

The Nigeria International Debt Fund

The Nigeria International Debt Fund is a distinct investment product, originally created as a closed-ended fund in 1997 and was restructured in 2010 to an open-ended fund.

The Nigeria International Debt Fund invests in Federal and State government bonds. The emergence of State bonds is currently gaining popularity as various states aim to fund large projects with targeted issuances.

Key Features

Fund assets are invested in default-free assets thus guaranteeing investment principal
Assets are tax exempt
Minimum Investment of 500Units
Investment lock-in period is 3months
Easy entry and exit
Bi-annual coupon tradition

Fund Objectives

To reduce risk and offer investment safety
To provide steady returns and investment diversification
To preserve investors’ capital

Benefits

Investment in any of our mutual fund products entitles you to our wealth of experience as fund managers as well as:

Professional management: research driven and professional management of fund assets through a defined strategy with clear and measurable benchmarks. The NIDF has not recorded a negative return since inception.

Diversification: you leverage on sound research information in investing in different investment vehicles including the diversified portfolio of FGN and State Government Bonds.

Liquidity: investment liquidity is high as withdrawal requests are funded in 5-working days.

The Nigeria Internation Debt Fund (NIDF)

The NIDF is a low-risk, tax free, highly liquid investment in Federal and State
Government bonds that has consistently paid bi-annual (twice in a year) coupons for
over 20 years.

The fund invests in default-free assets, meaning that regardless of its performance, your
initial investment sum is guaranteed.

Key Features
Minimum investment of 500 units

Investment lock-in period is 3 months

Easy entry and exit

Bi-annual coupon tradition

Key Benefits
You cannot lose your money when you invest in the NIDF.

The fund is managed by a team of experts that have not recorded a negative return since its inception.

Your funds are easily accessible to you after the initial lock-in period.

The bi-annual coupon means you get to earn some income while your money keeps working for you.

Enter the amount to give for this investment (minimum N130,000)

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2018
dotcomnamename:

Can you please confirm if it is higher than Stanbic IBTC Money Market Funds. What is the highest interest rate so far?

It is higher
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2018
ajeleomo:

Bros are you indicating MMF will not rise? What if you buy TB @13% for 182 days like u said and after 30 days MMF have risen to 13.5% and fluctuates around above 13% for the rest of the tenor, Will you call your TB trade a good deal?
This is the reason TB fixed rate MUST significantly be highly than MMF as their is tendency for MMF to rise

This is the reason I prefer to lock in higher TB at least from 18% angry
Re: Mutual Funds by GonFreecss1: 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2018
dotcomnamename:

This is the reason I prefer to lock in higher TB at least from 18% angry

Isn't 18% only exclusive to the 50 million naira and above Gang?
Re: Mutual Funds by olyrayy(m): 12:12am On Nov 10, 2018
Hello house. How do I get information about the recent rate of return (ROI) of my mutual fund. My mutual fund (Meristem) is just beating about the bush. Not giving me information on how many percentage rate of return they have recently gained or lost.

Also, I checked out Stanbic IBTC and their registration process involved bank draft and all. is there a way to do this remotely/online? Are there better options?
Re: Mutual Funds by GonFreecss1: 5:25am On Nov 10, 2018
olyrayy:
Hello house. How do I get information about the recent rate of return (ROI) of my mutual fund. My mutual fund (Meristem) is just beating about the bush. Not giving me information on how many percentage rate of return they have recently gained or lost.

Also, I checked out Stanbic IBTC and their registration process involved bank draft and all. is there a way to do this remotely/online? Are there better options?

I think Trading wise for securities and stocks, Meristem is okay but for money market fund, stick with Stanbic, Arm or Axa mansard.

I think to open the account you need to visit Stanbic.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 5:35am On Nov 10, 2018
GonFreecss1:

Isn't 18% only exclusive to the 50 million naira and above Gang?

I got - 18% last year secondary market 5m
Re: Mutual Funds by amblors(m): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2018
dotcomnamename:

I got - 18% last year secondary market 5m

It's way down this year
Re: Mutual Funds by nicerod(m): 7:47am On Nov 10, 2018
bryce1:

The reason I suggested petty business is because, you want higher returns with a short run period

Funny enough, you can do both investment in mutual funds and also do petty business for fast liquid cash and bigger returns

I have a shop where I sell wristwatches , some come wit a cost price as low as 400naira and I sell them for 2k, that’s 400% returns on my investment in that watch excluding expenses incurred in procuring the watch

Money only multiples when you put it to work
Good day sir,please can I start this ur wristwatch,business with N5,000??
Things are very good � now
Re: Mutual Funds by nicerod(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2018
bryce1:

The reason I suggested petty business is because, you want higher returns with a short run period

Funny enough, you can do both investment in mutual funds and also do petty business for fast liquid cash and bigger returns

I have a shop where I sell wristwatches , some come wit a cost price as low as 400naira and I sell them for 2k, that’s 400% returns on my investment in that watch excluding expenses incurred in procuring the watch

Money only multiples when you put it to work
Please where is ur shop in Lagos??
Is it trek able??
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 11:56am On Nov 10, 2018
amblors:

It's way down this year

I know.. That's why I don't just jump into them anyhow. It's all about personal choice.
Re: Mutual Funds by megacontrol(m): 12:29am On Nov 11, 2018
Anybody with experience liquidating their MMF with AXA Mansard here?
How long does it take?
What is the process?

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 7:04am On Nov 11, 2018
megacontrol:
Anybody with experience liquidating their MMF with AXA Mansard here?
How long does it take?
What is the process?

Thanks
Within 24hrs
You can do it online
Re: Mutual Funds by ajeleomo: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
1:46 PM (4 hours ago)
Dear ARM
I have noticed with displeasure how my account balance changes to lower figures with withdrawal not being made. Kindly address the issue please

ARM IC Customer Care
3:30 PM (2 hours ago)
to me

Thank you for your email.
Please be informed that due to a system glitch we are experiencing currently, we are temporarily unable to display updated statements or accrued interests on the self -service portal. We are working assiduously to rectify the problem as soon as possible.

Kindly bear with us please.

If you require further assistance or for more information, please contact the support unit at enquiries@arminvestmentcenter.com or call us on 0700CALLARM (0700 2255 276).

Kind regards,
Re: Mutual Funds by DBestDoc(f): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
ajeleomo:
1:46 PM (4 hours ago)
Dear ARM
I have noticed with displeasure how my account balance changes to lower figures with withdrawal not being made. Kindly address the issue please

ARM IC Customer Care
3:30 PM (2 hours ago)
to me

Thank you for your email.
Please be informed that due to a system glitch we are experiencing currently, we are temporarily unable to display updated statements or accrued interests on the self -service portal. We are working assiduously to rectify the problem as soon as possible.

Kindly bear with us please.

If you require further assistance or for more information, please contact the support unit at enquiries@arminvestmentcenter.com or call us on 0700CALLARM (0700 2255 276).

Kind regards,

Same prob i'm having, i also sent them an email and i got same system glitch reply.

It's been that way for the past 2 weeks and in my case, the accrued interest is back to 0.00ngn.

I have another MMF with FbnQuest and it's been running smoothly. If ARM do not get their acts together by the end of this month, i may just transfer all my investments to FbnQuest.
Re: Mutual Funds by Adayoung(f): 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2018
DBestDoc:

Same prob i'm having, i also sent them an email and i got same system glitch reply.

It's been that way for the past 2 weeks and in my case, the accrued interest is back to 0.00ngn.

I have another MMF with FbnQuest and it's been running smoothly. If ARM do not get their acts together by the end of this month, i may just transfer all my investments to FbnQuest.

where is fbn quest office ? The banker I met seems not to know about fbn mmf. Did u open the account online ?
Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2018
Adayoung:

where is fbn quest office ? The banker I met seems not to know about fbn mmf. Did u open the account online ?
You can do everything online
Re: Mutual Funds by DBestDoc(f): 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Adayoung:

You can do everything online. I downloaded the form from their website, printed, completed and sent it back to them by email alongside other necessary documents and my account was set up.

https://fbnquest.com
That's their web address, you can get all relevant info or contact them by email.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by enque(f): 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2018
Hi guys,

pls i have a question, for those using stanbic mmf.

On the app, I can see 2 figures

1) available balance which is my starting capital+X
2) interest

And the interest isn't equal to X.

Which of them amongst X or the interest is my exact interest accrued?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Still buying at a very good rate. Hit me up today. Instant payment

Re: Mutual Funds by Adayoung(f): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
Yem0350:
You can do everything online
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Adayoung(f): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
DBestDoc:

You can do everything online. I downloaded the form from their website, printed, completed and sent it back to them by email alongside other necessary documents and my account was set up.

https://fbnquest.com
That's their web address, you can get all relevant info or contact them by email.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.