Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,077 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (957649 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Yem0350: 5:57am On Jun 25, 2019
Emmaesty:
Hi guys.

I initially wanted to open a mmf with FirstBank but it looked like it would require me to visit their office physically so I opted for United Capital.

I was filling out the form online and stopped where I was asked to upload my passport,utility bill and signature which I did not have handy.

I cancelled the application but lo and behold, i received a mail stating that my account has been activated.

It contained my new account number and requested me to pay in some accounts. I am really confused at this point cause the mail said nothing else.

Please help
For reference purpose,
You don't need to be in their office before you can fill form for FBNQuest
It can be done online

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:50am On Jun 25, 2019
[quote author=Phoenix68 post=79642098][/quote]
IBTC MMF no longer require upload of evidence of payment. Just quote your account number on the description on your deposit slip/transfer form
Re: Mutual Funds by Phoenix68: 2:24pm On Jun 25, 2019
Thanks emmasoft. But into what account will I pay the money into?
Re: Mutual Funds by Deknight45: 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2019
Good day All,

I have successfully opened an account with IBTC MMF. The interest started generating on Monday though the account was credited on Thursday last week.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
Phoenix68:
Thanks emmasoft. But into what account will I pay the money into?

acct name : FIRST TRUSTEESS/IBTC MONE MKT
acct number: 9202476223
Bank: Stanbic IBTC

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Phoenix68: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2019
Many many thanks Emmasoft!
Re: Mutual Funds by Chudymario: 6:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
Seems the new top up option (Account No as description) of Stanbic MMF comes with delays. A top up done at 9am is yet to be reflected (6pm). Is that the way it works?
Re: Mutual Funds by yungestmoney(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
Hello house, I saw Axa rate @16.54 today, what's happening? What FBN rate presently?
Re: Mutual Funds by orpehyemmy(m): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2019
yungestmoney:
Hello house, I saw Axa rate @16.54 today, what's happening? What FBN rate presently?
Its now 16.73%
Re: Mutual Funds by Agbeni33: 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2019
Chudymario:
Seems the new top up option (Account No as description) of Stanbic MMF comes with delays. A top up done at 9am is yet to be reflected (6pm). Is that the way it works?

Last week Thursday i went to Stanbic to do top up and it did not reflect until 8pm.

If you make your payment before 12pm the top up will be given value the same day. But if the payment is made after 12pm value will not be given to it the same day until the next business day
Re: Mutual Funds by Trone: 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
yungestmoney:
Was scared at first. However, I wanna hit it right. I'm definitely adding more money tomorrow during the work hours. Not minding the fact that my accrued interest has not been on since June 20th.
Re: Mutual Funds by yungestmoney(m): 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
Trone:
Was scared at first. However, I wanna hit it right. I'm definitely adding more money tomorrow during the work hours. Not minding the fact that my accrued interest has not been on since June 20th.
Bro same with me, I spoke with their customer Care unit today & was informed they are Upgrading their system.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by temi4fash(m): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2019
orpehyemmy:
Its now 16.73%

Can you confirm this
Re: Mutual Funds by Apitch(m): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2019
Chudymario:
Did mine on Friday before 9:00am, it didn't reflect till today(Tuesday) by 3pm. More than the 2 days they claimed not to talk of crediting same day if done before 12. I just don't like what I hate.
Re: Mutual Funds by Dglory(f): 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
Good evening, house. I'm a corps member. And I have saved 80k so far. I want to invest this amount for 6 months and beyond. Please, how can I get myself started?

I wouldn't mind to do mutual funds also?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by atoseg: 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Guys please, how do I monitor daily interest rates for Stanbic mmf. Is there a website or something?
Re: Mutual Funds by 234ng44uk(m): 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
yungestmoney:
FBN is 12.87 can you imagine!
https://fbnquest.com/asset-management/historical-funds/
Re: Mutual Funds by yungestmoney(m): 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
234ng44uk:

Dats as of yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by 234ng44uk(m): 6:31am On Jun 26, 2019
yungestmoney:

Dats as of yesterday.
Do you want their rate for a different date?
Re: Mutual Funds by DAVIDOLAWALE: 7:32am On Jun 26, 2019
@ Ddglory just log in to stanbic ibtc mutual fund online and register or better still go any of stabic ibtc asset managers office close to you for guide.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by temi4fash(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2019
234ng44uk:

So disappointing.

Is it possible to check their rate history like FBN
Re: Mutual Funds by 234ng44uk(m): 8:24am On Jun 26, 2019
temi4fash:

So disappointing.

Is it possible to check their rate history like FBN

Rate history for Axamansard? No, they don't have rate history, you can only monitor the rate posted in their website and I can confirm that they pay exactly what it's displayed on their site. 16% plus would be the highest they've paid this year though, they've been at around 12.6 preciously.
Re: Mutual Funds by Davisk11(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
kudos to you guys here...just stumble on this thread...I think I love what have read so far...pls aous how can I join the community...and which one is less stressful between the stanbic mmf and Fbn mmf...and which link can I use to join??
Re: Mutual Funds by laspeck(f): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2019
EDC Nigeria Money Market Fund(MMF):

This is an open ended mutual fund which invests strictly in short term money market instruments including treasury bills, high quality commercial papers, bankers’ acceptance and fixed deposit. The fund is a liquidity management tool that gives you highly attractive returns on your cash flow while ensuring that you still have the liquidity to meet your needs as they fall due. Income is distributed every quarter.

Major Features

· Short term money market instruments (T-bills, high quality commercial papers and fixed deposit)

· Portfolio Risk Profile: Conservative (low risk)

· Primary objective of the fund: To achieve a high level of income, preserve capital, maintain liquidity and pay out returns that reflect short term interest rates.

· Minimum Holding Period: 30 days (25% pre-liquidation charges before end of minimum holding period)

· Interest is distributed every quarter

· Free of withholding tax .

· Minimum Investment: N5,000.00

2. EDC Nigeria Fixed Income Fund(FIF):

This is an open ended mutual fund which invests strictly in low risk and high quality government and corporate bonds. The fund is most suitable for medium or long term cash investments and offers a stable income through the distribution of a semi-annual interest.

Major Features –

· Medium – long term cash investment (low risk and high quality government and corporate bonds)

· Income distribution is semi annually

· Portfolio Risk Profile: Conservative (low risk)

· Primary objective of the fund: to achieve a high level of income, preserve capital, maintain liquidity and pay out returns that reflect medium to long term interest rates.

· Minimum Holding Period: 90 days (25% pre-liquidation charges before end of minimum holding period)

· Free of withholding tax

· Minimum Investment: N 50,000.00 with additional investment in multiples of N10,000.00
Re: Mutual Funds by temi4fash(m): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
234ng44uk:

Rate history for Axamansard? No, they don't have rate history, you can only monitor the rate posted in their website and I can confirm that they pay exactly what it's displayed on their site. 16% plus would be the highest they've paid this year though, they've been at around 12.6 preciously.

I noticed FBN has been hovering around 12. too this month
Re: Mutual Funds by reservd(m): 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
yungestmoney:
What I saw now is 12.79%. Are you sure of what u said or how come the drastic drop?
Re: Mutual Funds by elothaddi(m): 5:50am On Jun 27, 2019
It's just temporary for a day or two. All MMF are hovering between 12 and 13% for now.

yungestmoney:

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Kaywin: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2019
Good evening all
Re: Mutual Funds by ikechukz(m): 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
I went to Stanbic Bank yester to register for MMF, after filling the forms, the customer care representative told me that it might not be registered that day since it's already past 12pm, I waited the whole of today for confirmation mail and still nothing. Is that how they operate?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2019
ikechukz:
I went to Stanbic Bank yester to register for MMF, after filling the forms, the customer care representative told me that it might not be registered that day since it's already past 12pm, I waited the whole of today for confirmation mail and still nothing. Is that how they operate?
Although your account it will be done. However, if you want quick response deal with Stanbic Asset Mgt directly. Passing through the bank is like going through a third party. It's true they are in the same group but when it comes to core business their priorities differ. You can always complete the forms and send it as attachment to the email (mutualfunds@stanbicibtc.com) provided on the website of Stanbic Asset Mgt.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ikechukz(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2019
emmasoft:

Although your account it will be done. However, if you want quick response deal with Stanbic Asset Mgt directly. Passing through the bank is like going through a third party. It's true they are in the same group but when it comes to core business their priorities differ. You can always complete the forms and send it as attachment to the email (mutualfunds@stanbicibtc.com) provided on the website of Stanbic Asset Mgt.
That's what I should have done, I'll go back there today to know what's up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.