Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,015 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959701 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by singletech(m): 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
emmasoft:

Come over to investment One. Check my signature to begin
How can I find someone signature please... How do I find your signature?
Re: Mutual Funds by Boyhood: 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
SlahJoe:
Tnx, So pls ur advise on how to top up without ish with these options
Use your bank mobile app to transfer or register on quickteller online platform and use it to transfer or better still withdraw the money, go to their banking hall and deposit into the acct. With these three ways, you can put your MMF number/name on the narration.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Dhazen55: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
I got a mail from stanbic that they are going to pay me my quarterly income distribution, however that is not what i wanted. I remembered i filled that the interest should be used to reinvest. Any idea on how to stop this?
Re: Mutual Funds by akinola98: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dhazen55:
I got a mail from stanbic that they are going to pay me my quarterly income distribution, however that is not what i wanted. I remembered i filled that the interest should be used to reinvest. Any idea on how to stop this?

Call them and tell them what u want
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
I won't be surprised if money market rates drops to 7%

Re: Mutual Funds by Olabodmit: 6:14pm On Jan 02, 2020
What is wrong with Fbnquest, my money has not been credited since on Tuesday that I fund my mmf account. Is there anyone experience this or they server is down again
Re: Mutual Funds by reservd(m): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
Olabodmit:
What is wrong with Fbnquest, my money has not been credited since on Tuesday that I fund my mmf account. Is there anyone experience this or they server is down again
I will advice you not to subscribe at the end of a quarter next time, wait for few days, it's usually delayed due to payment of profits and reinvestment process

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Olabodmit: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
reservd:

I will advice you not to subscribe at the end of a quarter next time, wait for few days, it's usually delayed due to payment of profits and reinvestment process
Thanks you for the response, I guess I have to wait to more days
Re: Mutual Funds by fungirl89(f): 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Olabodmit:
Same here o, I've paid since Monday but they are yet to confirm n update on the app
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
singletech:

How can I find someone signature please... How do I find your signature?
Look at d bottom of my post u see my number n d link. That is my signature or send a private message 08181057319

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
Olabodmit:

End of year/quarter things. Be calm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by whalexy07(m): 1:25am On Jan 03, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]we do not encourage funding through USSD, simply because it the platform does not give u option to input ur E account . So you can't.
SlahJoe:
@Whalexy07's, Bsideboi and others gurus in the house; pls how can I include my e-account for narration when using either ATM card or USSD for top up
Re: Mutual Funds by walexy14(m): 1:27am On Jan 03, 2020
Are you tired of meager interest rates on your investment or those that wants alternative to TB or Fixed deposit with good interest rate .

I work with a Non- banking financial institution called Rosabon Financial Services ( The Concept Group ) 32 Montgomery Road Sabo Yaba with a branch in Abuja ,PH & Warri licensed and regulated by CBN and also been in existence for over 25 yrs now. our interest rate still remain unbeatable, fantastic and far better than what all the commercial banks are giving out presently. For 1M is actually 11.5% per annum for 90days and is still open to negotiation. You can get your interest Upfront , Monthly or @ Maturity. The longer the tenure , the higher the interest rate. You may contact me if you are interested. 08036450638 or a.abatan@rosabon-finance.net or www.rosabon-finance.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by whalexy07(m): 1:29am On Jan 03, 2020
]we do not encourage funding through USSD, simply because it the platform does not give u option to input ur E account . So you can't.
Re: Mutual Funds by whalexy07(m): 1:42am On Jan 03, 2020
[quote author=SaintUlot post=85324009]Which fund manager in Nigeria is the best for dollar fund investment, in terms of high interest rate and service delivery?[./quote]

Try stanbic ibtc Dollar fund. I could share with you the performance report if you care.

[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Mutual Funds by whalexy07(m): 2:08am On Jan 03, 2020
[quote author=whalexy07 post=85452651]If you want all ur money. Kindly visit any of the branches to
Re: Mutual Funds by abraolas1: 6:26am On Jan 03, 2020
[quote author=whalexy07 post=85452651][/quote]
u mean for Stanbic MMF
Re: Mutual Funds by whalexy07(m): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2020
abraolas1:

u mean for Stanbic MMF
abraolas1:

u mean for Stanbic MMF

Yes
Re: Mutual Funds by Akin3891: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2020
Wonder what is going on,all my accrued interests on fbn quest shows 0 naira, all amount cleared. What is possible the problem , is this usual or apps error? Thanks guys
Re: Mutual Funds by bellyjean(m): 11:47am On Jan 03, 2020
Dear Family

Has anyone here invested with Owealth?

Please shed more light on their package.

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 03, 2020
Akin3891:
Wonder what is going on,all my accrued interests on fbn quest shows 0 naira, all amount cleared. What is possible the problem , is this usual or apps error? Thanks guys

The interest was for last quarter. Must have been added to your capital or paid to you.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Akin3891: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
rationalmind:

The interest was for last quarter. Must have been added to your capital or paid to you.

Nothing added to my capital, paid to me?, I can't remember asking them to send my interest to my account, besides it's just 15 days I started the investments ,I believe you can only have access to your funds after one month of initial deposit. I'm trying to check my bank account balance to see if anything is sent but can't due to network errors
Re: Mutual Funds by gabby18: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2020
Akin3891:

Your returns have been added to your current investment...they did it this morning...check your statement of unit holding
Re: Mutual Funds by Akin3891: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
gabby18:

Your returns have been added to your current investment...they did it this morning...check your statement of unit holding

Thanks, how do I check the statement? When I checked the statement history, the figure I got is the same amount invested, and unit equivalent of 70,000
Re: Mutual Funds by gabby18: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
Akin3891:

Thanks, how do I check the statement? When I checked the statement history, the figure I got is the same amount invested, and unit equivalent of 70,000

It's possible your interest has been paid into your bank account...which option did u pick while subscribing?? Reinvest interest or payout interest??
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
gabby18:

It's possible your interest has been paid into your bank account...which option did u pick while subscribing?? Reinvest interest or payout interest??
But he had only opened the account for 15 days. Will he be paid as well? Thought the minimum period to qualify was 30days, I stand to be corrected.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Good afternoon all. I have started Stanbic MMF since last year and I have never had any issue with them. However a senior friend asked me today that what happens if the bank folds up, like Savannah bank or UBA and I couldn't answer. Experts in the house kindly help out please. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
Good afternoon all. I have started Stanbic MMF since last year and I have never had any issue with them. However a senior friend asked me today that what happens if the bank folds up, like Savannah bank or UBA and I couldn't answer. Experts in the house kindly help out please. Thanks

The difference between a registered fund and just investing in a firm is the way it is structured to ensure investors don't loose funds if the fund manager goes under, so for all mutual funds in Nigeria there are always the following parties involved,

Fund manager( who manages the fund)
custodian ( who holds the funds)
Registrar (who keeps records of all investors and transactions)
Trustee (who ensures the fund manager sticks to the investment objectives)

We still have the external auditors and the regular monitoring by SEC to ensure the fund manager sticks to the investment objective, so if stanbic goes down(which is not likely to happen) your funds are safe because they are not with stanbic but with the custodian.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
ernie4life:

The difference between a registered fund and just investing in a firm is the way it is structured to ensure investors don't loose funds if the fund manager goes under, so for all mutual funds in Nigeria there are always the following parties involved,

Fund manager( who manages the fund)
custodian ( who holds the funds)
Registrar (who keeps records of all investors and transactions)
Trustee (who ensures the fund manager sticks to the investment objectives)

We still have the external auditors and the regular monitoring by SEC to ensure the fund manager sticks to the investment objective, so if stanbic goes down(which is not likely to happen) your funds are safe because they are not with stanbic but with the custodian.

Thanks enie4life. This is what I have tried to explain to some of my clients and prospective clients who are always afraid of investment one. In addition to what he said, that is why if you check the acct name of each mmf mangers it's always have two names: d fund name n d trustee eg FBN mmf/investment one financial service, UCT/Abacus mmf and so on

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Akin3891: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
gabby18:

I just checked my account n yes you are right, the interest was paid into my account as at 31 dec,but what baffles me is that ,I had gained up to #20,000 as at the last time I checked my mmf account but only received 12,241 naira, the principal amount is 7m, investments runs for only 12 days, from dec 19th until 31st dec, furthermore, my present accrued balance shows *nothing* leaving 3 days investments not accounted for. How can accrued 20k gains be reduced to 12,241naira, eventhough some taxes were withheld , it shouldn't be that crazily much, is there anything I'm missing here? This kinda seems confusing unlike my lovely TBs which is always direct n unconfusing, kindly help guys. Merci
Re: Mutual Funds by fungirl89(f): 7:03am On Jan 04, 2020
Olabodmit:
Has your money been credited now? cos they've not credited mine despite the calls n mails I sent to them. Pls, lemme know

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.