Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (962014 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2021
skyangel:

Lol. Imagine 1% in a whole year

VGIF will be a better option to any MMF for now irrespective of the fund manager. The reason is not far fetched- crash in TBills rates for all tenors.
Read my post above to learn more about VGIF

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by charlesogbonna(m): 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
[quote author=skyangel post=98186153]
ukdion investment can give you 8% per annum
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
Find attached the Q4 VGIF Factsheet for the last quarter of 2020.
For subscribers of the fund on or before 31st December 2020, expect your extra returns. It's already shown on the factsheet.

Then for those who are yet to join the VGIF train and wants to do an investment with both capital and interest guaranteed kindly click the link on my signature fill the online form and register for free or call me for details.

Re: Mutual Funds by chimex38: 5:19pm On Jan 22, 2021
emmasoft:

@chimex38 kindly get in touch with me so that I can get your details and follow up to know what the issue is. You can chat/call; my contact is on my signature. Ordinarily if no kyc issues stockbroking account takes 72hrs max one day longer compare to VGIF because cscs is involved. I also sent a PM if you don't mind.
Thank you Very much for your efforts Sir!!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 4:23pm On Jan 26, 2021
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step……as the clock ticks and we gradually move towards the end of January, take advantage of the flexibility, competitive returns, dividend and additional income asides interest return on our mutual funds while we take the ride with you on your journey to fulfilled financial freedom.

Abacus Money market Fund (AMMF): Besides, its competitive returns compared to other money market assets, it also avails you capital preservation and appreciation. You can start the journey with as low as N1000 and have access to your fund with no liquidation charge after the minimum holding period of 30 days.

Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund(VGIF): Your journey is off to a good start with our VGIF current guaranteed return of 4.5% P.A, guaranteed principal, opportunity to capitalize your earnings, and also, the possibility of earning excess return bi-annually.

Vantage Balanced fund (VBF): Are you looking for a blend of safety, income, and a modest capital appreciation? With a current year to date return of 23.86%, there is no better way to outpace inflation and get income that supplements your needs.

Vantage Equity Income Fund (VEIF):
Provides real return well above inflation rate, with a current YTD return of 29.02%. Avoid the full risk of investing directly in one stock by investing in VEIF with as low as N5, 000 and additional investments in multiples of N1, 000.

Vantage Dollar Fund (VDF): Your dollar obligations are fully sorted with our VDF. It avails you the opportunity to diversify your portfolio against economic shock, hedge currency fluctuations, and build wealth on a long term. With just US$500.00 and subsequent investments in multiple of US$1.00, you are on the right path to earning returns and dividends in dollars.

These are our mutual funds offering that can help meet your investment objectives.

To open an account with us kindly use the link on my signature.

And for those that still prefers to open their account offline ( only those staying in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Ilorin and Abuja) very much available.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by munezo(m): 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
What is the current ROI on all the listed funds?

Dsticks47:
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step……as the clock ticks and we gradually move towards the end of January, take advantage of the flexibility, competitive returns, dividend and additional income asides interest return on our mutual funds while we take the ride with you on your journey to fulfilled financial freedom.

Abacus Money market Fund (AMMF): Besides, its competitive returns compared to other money market assets, it also avails you capital preservation and appreciation. You can start the journey with as low as N1000 and have access to your fund with no liquidation charge after the minimum holding period of 30 days.

Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund(VGIF): Your journey is off to a good start with our VGIF current guaranteed return of 4.5% P.A, guaranteed principal, opportunity to capitalize your earnings, and also, the possibility of earning excess return bi-annually.

Vantage Balanced fund (VBF): Are you looking for a blend of safety, income, and a modest capital appreciation? With a current year to date return of 23.86%, there is no better way to outpace inflation and get income that supplements your needs.

Provides real return well above inflation rate, with a current YTD return of 29.02%. Avoid the full risk of investing directly in one stock by investing in VEIF with as low as N5, 000 and additional investments in multiples of N1, 000.

Vantage Dollar Fund (VDF): Your dollar obligations are fully sorted with our VDF. It avails you the opportunity to diversify your portfolio against economic shock, hedge currency fluctuations, and build wealth on a long term. With just US$500.00 and subsequent investments in multiple of US$1.00, you are on the right path to earning returns and dividends in dollars.

These are our mutual funds offering that can help meet your investment objectives.

To open an account with us kindly use the link on my signature.

And for those that still prefers to open their account offline ( only those staying in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Ilorin and Abuja) very much available.

Best Regards.
Re: Mutual Funds by DUNKA(m): 9:09am On Jan 27, 2021
emmasoft:
Find attached the Q4 VGIF Factsheet for the last quarter of 2020.
For subscribers of the fund on or before 31st December 2020, expect your extra returns. It's already shown on the factsheet.

Then for those who are yet to join the VGIF train and wants to do an investment with both capital and interest guaranteed kindly click the link on my signature fill the online form and register for free or call me for details.
if one wants to open for children what are the requirements.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:30am On Jan 27, 2021
DUNKA:

Same method for adult, in this case after you click the link on my signature for account opening, on the space for Account Type select Kiddies
You will be required to supply the details of the kid including the birth certificate while you supply the kyc and act as the signatory to the account till the kid is 18 years old
Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2021
munezo:

Good day sir.
Kindly find below the current rate on all our Mutual funds.
Abacus MMF:
The rate here is still around 1% (Fluctuates daily).

VGIF:
VGIF current ROI is 4.5% P.A (GUARANTEED) and also, the possibility of earning excess return bi-annually.

VDF:

Currently 4-6% ( not fixed)

Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 11:06am On Jan 27, 2021
munezo:

Good day sir.
Kindly find below the current rate on some of our Mutual funds.
Abacus MMF:

VGIF:
VGIF current ROI is 4.5% P.A (GUARANTEED) and also, the possibility of earning excess return bi-annually.

VDF:

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by charlesogbonna(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
We have good ROI for child trust, kindly visit ukdion investment limited and carry out your research
Thanks
DUNKA:
Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2021
reservd:

Customer service is whack? That's very very untrue

FBN Quest has no customer service, whoever they employed there is a waste of Salary.
Re: Mutual Funds by munezo(m): 9:29pm On Jan 27, 2021
Dsticks47:

Good day sir.
Kindly find below the current rate on some of our Mutual funds.
Abacus MMF:

VGIF:

VDF:

Is it possible to switch between funds?
Re: Mutual Funds by Boyhood: 9:36pm On Jan 27, 2021
Diogo2019:
Please anyone having issue with fbn quest new app....... downloaded it since last year December, I haven't been able to get access to my account since then
You can download the steps on how to set up your account on the new app here.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/s/?view=att&th=176ace749cee9313&attid=0.1&disp=attd&safe=1&zw

Re: Mutual Funds by Boyhood: 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
jpphilips:

FBN Quest has no customer service, whoever they employed there is a waste of Salary.
Fortunately for me, they always respond to my mails promptly..i hope you usually copy your account officer when sending mails to the costumer care
Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 3:31am On Jan 28, 2021
Boyhood:

Fortunately for me, they always respond to my mails promptly..i hope you usually copy your account officer when sending mails to the costumer care

You just buttressed what I said, customer service is dead so your account officer does the job. When was the last time you received account statements from them? the best you will get is the usual funds advert, have you seen your daily accrual in their app b4? anyways, perhaps Axa Mansard has set a standard in my head for MMF, sometimes FBN Quest act like you are asking for too much.
Re: Mutual Funds by Dsticks47(m): 5:41am On Jan 28, 2021
munezo:

Is it possible to switch between funds?
It’s very possible sir.
Re: Mutual Funds by Meshach171(m): 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2021
Fbn halal fund is looking like a wrong move right now. Please, any advise on which fund to switch to?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
Meshach171:
Fbn halal fund is looking like a wrong move right now. Please, any advise on which fund to switch to?

Tell us more because someone told me they offered him 9% for 6 months, even though I knew it was not realistic, I kept mute.

It's not fair when marketers lie just to meet targets
Re: Mutual Funds by Meshach171(m): 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2021
I'm not sure about the 9% in 6 months. Past record shows you can get up to 10.12% per annum and that's why joined. But it's been a shadow of itself since. The annoying part is, it eats into your capital.

ernie4life:

Tell us more because someone told me they offered him 9% for 6 months, even though I knew it was not realistic, I kept mute.

Re: Mutual Funds by charlesogbonna(m): 9:27am On Jan 29, 2021
pls ask the person if its PA before you venture into it
ernie4life:

Re: Mutual Funds by jpphilips(m): 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2021
charlesogbonna:

How are coupons calculated for Fixed income funds that are bond based? I understand its not a CFD, we buy real bonds, abi?
Re: Mutual Funds by Meshach171(m): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2021
Which one is PA?

charlesogbonna:
Re: Mutual Funds by Boyhood: 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2021
Meshach171:
Which one is PA?

Per annum

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2021
Put a span to Your Waiting

It’s obvious that January has just one more day to go in fact as per official working days for most corporate entities January ended already.
Have you been waiting to start saving and investing?
Wait no further you lost 30 days already, perhaps one of your resolutions was to start saving and investing this year 2021. This is the time to start because you are getting late; yes, did I hear you say haba it’s still January na? ok let me let you know that if you planned to save 1000 every day you have lost 30,000 already, if you have to make up for that you make extra sacrifices to meet up your target. Do you know if you planned to buy zenith bank shares as we started this year you will have to spend extra 4,000 or more if you are buying it now? If you just kept that money laying down fallow without investing it at least in a mutual fund it would have depreciated by at least 1%. I can go on and on.
So folks don’t just wait start something now. If you are new to investment do not hesitate to learn quick and hit the ground running a little here and a little there you will be surprised what you have by December 2021.

One good way to start is to share your income into percentages and try as much as possible to stick to it. A very popular one is the 45, 20, 20, 10, 5 rule or pattern. You can modify it to suit your current income or investment drive.

45% - The most have ie essential things to the survival and well being of your life and family. House, food, transportation, and the likes fall into this category.

20% - Good to have ie things that is good for your comfort but life is still complete and can go on without them. A better phone, designer items etc Mind you depending on your lifestyle, income bracket and purpose of this items or services, what is good to have to one person is a must have to another because sometimes those items or services could be use as way to increase network or even income.

20% - Saving and investment. This is money meant for you. Every other percentage of your income is exchanged for goods or services. It is only this portion you can actually call your money. This is what the popular slogan “pay yourself first” means. It is what you save and invest that is yours.

10% - Obligation to God. We must always show appreciation to God. He gave us power to make wealth.

5%- Charity. This is what you give to the truly needy. Mostly the people that do not have the capacity to return your kind gesture in terms of giving you back especially cash. This is another way to invest. He that give to the poor lend to the Lord... Proverbs 19:17.

However, as earlier stated these ratios are not cast on stone. You can modify the ratios to align with your specific goals at a particular period. For instance, the month of December being festive period and time to reach out could warrant increase in percentage to charity.

Before February starts Put a span to your waiting and start immediately.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by inemv(m): 12:40am On Jan 31, 2021
Treasury bills and MMF rate are currently very low and unattractive to investors but still far better than just keeping your funds in the bank and get unnecessary charges. I work with First Ally Asset Management and our High Yield investment Scheme (HYIS) offers far and better rate you can get right now. Please visit our website for more information http://www.first-allyasset.com/ or contact me on 08136060186 or inemumo@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by charlesogbonna(m): 8:53am On Feb 01, 2021
per annum
Meshach171:
Which one is PA?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by olyrayy(m): 8:48am On Feb 02, 2021
Hello house. Please, is there a way I can buy an Index Fund in Nigeria? Or if possible, a Nigerian ETF.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:56pm On Feb 04, 2021
olyrayy:
Hello house. Please, is there a way I can buy an Index Fund in Nigeria? Or if possible, a Nigerian ETF.

You can buy ETF from the NSE.
Open a CSCS account and you are good to go.

However, ETF as a form of investment is still not very popular in Nigeria. The few ones available are not liquid.
Hence most investors go for normal mutual funds like mmf, Fixed income like VGIF, balance fund etc.
To open cscs or any other investment products account with investment one, click on the link on my signature or call.
Re: Mutual Funds by Achry: 1:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
[quote author=Dsticks47 post=98465862]A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step……as the clock ticks and we gradually move towards the end of January, take advantage of the flexibility, competitive returns, dividend and additional income asides interest return on our mutual funds while we take the ride with you on your journey to fulfilled financial freedom.

Thought VGIF was not per annum but 6months and the percentage interest has greatly dropped from 11% to 4.5%

Am interested in VBF and VEIF, what's the major difference with VGIF,? IONE often emphasis on Abacus and VGIF than those two, why?

I already have an account how do I invest in VBF or VEIF instead of the usual Abacus and VGIF?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
[quote author=Achry post=98801200][/quote]

On behalf of @Dsticks47 you quoted, please note the following:

VGIF has always been per annum and generally all SEC regulated Investment rates are always per annum though it can be prorated to 3 months, 6 months or even daily depending on the nature and regulation on a particular investment.

VGIF was 7.5% last year but the benchmark ie SDf was reduced to 4.5% hence the change in rate for VGIF.

All products are emphasized, the reason you don't seem to hear about VEIF and VBF is because of the nature of the fund. Most investors tend to be more of low risk hence they settle for Abacus MMF and VGIF.

The major difference is that in VEIF and VBF your capital and returns are not Gurranteed in anyway.
They depend majorly on the NSE because their underlying assets are stocks and money market instruments for VBF and purely equities for VEIF. Unlike VGIF that guaranteed capital and returns. They don't.

If you are comfortable with the risk involved with VBF or VEIF click the same link with which you open your VGIF account with and complete the online form and upload your kyc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.