Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (961011 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by gwinaB(m): 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2022
keeper303:

What is the current rate?
Re: Mutual Funds by RayRay06677(m): 4:57am On Mar 23, 2022
Re: Mutual Funds by javijabor: 9:51am On Mar 24, 2022
keeper303:

What is the current rate?

Stanbic: 3.5 angry
Re: Mutual Funds by Abbasmh(m): 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
Why is ROI on MMFs drastically reducing? Anyone with understandable explanation please?

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
Abbasmh:
Why is ROI on MMFs drastically reducing? Anyone with understandable explanation please?

Treasury bills is the reason.
Fund managers invested in treasury bills last year when rate was 8+%, now the treasury bills are maturing and they need to reinvest in same treasury bills but at a lower rate of 4+% which is why the rates are down, Asset allocation limits them from investing in certain commercial papers so they are left with treasury bill.

Analyst forecast that rates may go up from H2, let's watch how it goes.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ibechris(m): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2022
ernie4life:

Treasury bills is the reason.
Fund managers invested in treasury bills last year when rate was 8+%, now the treasury bills are maturing and they need to reinvest in same treasury bills but at a lower rate of 4+% which is why the rates are down, Asset allocation limits them from investing in certain commercial papers so they are left with treasury bill.

Analyst forecast that rates may go up from H2, let's watch how it goes.

ARM is as at today is 6.70%
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
ibechris:

ARM is as at today is 6.70%

It's dropping gradually based on maturity dates

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ibechris(m): 4:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
ernie4life:

U are right.
Re: Mutual Funds by Franky826: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
FBN is 7.5% as at today( from my calculations)

Meanwhile are they not supposed to compound the interest today is 01/04/22
Being the beginning of the 2nd quarter.
My dashboard is still same. Interested not yet compounded. What's happening?
cc emmasoft
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2022
Franky826:

cc emmasoft

Check again. it's done. Interest reinvested for ione customers.
Re: Mutual Funds by Itsrm(m): 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
Franky826:

cc emmasoft

Axa mansard is also yet to compound theirs but I'm sure they will. Just a little patience
Re: Mutual Funds by bjtinz: 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2022
ernie4life:

Chai! E just tire me. cry

Re: Mutual Funds by bjtinz: 7:39pm On Apr 01, 2022
United mmf is even down to about 5%. Not encouraging at all. sad
Re: Mutual Funds by athorello(m): 3:51am On Apr 02, 2022
Stanbic ain't doing me well at all. Rates to the floor. Piggyvest and opay be calling my funds.... 10% is still kinda safe. And I haven't seen any downside of using the major apps backed by MFBs.

Or what do guys think?
Re: Mutual Funds by izuugodwin(m): 7:27am On Apr 03, 2022
meeehn,too bad for stbc mmf no joy at all.switching over to opay,10% good for my liking.very sure they are reliable
Re: Mutual Funds by ibechris(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
ARM is trying .

They compounded in the morning of 1st of April and I redeem my capital on that same day for an emergency...I got my money same day.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2022
ibechris:
ARM is trying .

They compounded in the morning of 1st of April and I redeem my capital on that same day for an emergency...I got my money same day.

Does that mean people are not keeping money in the banks again.
Re: Mutual Funds by ibechris(m): 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Does that mean people are not keeping money in the banks again.

People still keep money in the bank but smarter ones are now finding other avenues such as this.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2022
ibechris:

People still keep money in the bank but smarter ones are now finding other avenues such as this.

The money I have in the bank at any point in time is 100k, the rest are in Money Market Funds. They are redeemed whenever I have expenses

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Frezhkid10(m): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

The money I have in the bank at any point in time is 100k, the rest are in Money Market Funds. They are redeemed whenever I have expenses
Do have any idea of coronation money market fund??
Re: Mutual Funds by netzro(m): 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
Good evening fam

I want to move from Stanbic IBTC MMF to their Dollar fund, my question is the initial deposit of $1000 what rate will be used?

Can I effect the change directly on the app?

Any other advice.

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by ibechris(m): 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

That is the way forward honestly.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2022
netzro:
Good evening fam

I want to move from Stanbic IBTC MMF to their Dollar fund, my question is the initial deposit of $1000 what rate will be used?

Any other advice.

Thanks

Going by regulatory procedures, all monies for a particular investment must be brought in with the same currency denomination of that investment, any other arrangement is peculiar to that investment house and you will need to engage them on that.

For Investment one, to invest in VDF - Vantage dollar fund, you must bring in your dollars by transfer. Naira is not accepted for dollar mutual fund and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Indigbo: 2:54pm On Apr 04, 2022
Can someone suggest a very short time 3-6 month where i can just dump this 30million and capital 100% safe?
Re: Mutual Funds by netzro(m): 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2022
emmasoft:

Going by regulatory procedures, all monies for a particular investment must be brought in with the same currency denomination of that investment, any other arrangement is peculiar to that investment house and you will need to engage them on that.

For Investment one, to invest in VDF - Vantage dollar fund, you must bring in your dollars by transfer. Naira is not accepted for dollar mutual fund and vice versa
Ok
Re: Mutual Funds by olystic: 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2022
netzro:
Good evening fam

Any other advice.

Thanks
Withdraw your funds and source your dollar from BDC at #585. Then open a dorm account, pay the dollar into the dorm account. From the dorm account you can transfer to ur Stanbic dollar fund account.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:12pm On Apr 04, 2022
Indigbo:
Can someone suggest a very short time 3-6 month where i can just dump this 30million and capital 100% safe?

MBA forest
Re: Mutual Funds by bjtinz: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2022
ibechris:
ARM is trying .

Yeah I'm must confess that promptness and smartness of ARM is quite commendable. I have with 3 other orgs but will easily rank them among the best.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by bjtinz: 7:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Lol. But the challenge is if everyone starts doing this where will banks get money to loan others drive the economy tongue
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2022
bjtinz:

Lol. But the challenge is if everyone starts doing this where will banks get money to loan others drive the economy tongue

Currently running three loans and they are not from banks but from the subsidiaries of Asset Management firms

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by bjtinz: 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Currently running three loans and they are not from banks but from the subsidiaries of Asset Management firms

Hmm. I see
Re: Mutual Funds by Allboiz: 7:27am On Apr 06, 2022
olystic:

Withdraw your funds and source your dollar from BDC at #585. Then open a dorm account, pay the dollar into the dorm account. From the dorm account you can transfer to ur Stanbic dollar fund account.

The dollar transfer charges will spoil what he will get at the end of the day. There might even be loss sef.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.