Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956587 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by DAVIDOLAWALE: 9:20pm On May 02, 2022
ikoroduarea:
Where can one invest like N30m for just one month and capital is 100% guarantee?

Money market mutual fund

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ikoroduarea: 9:29pm On May 02, 2022
DAVIDOLAWALE:

Money market mutual fund

What's the rate for MMF? Like how much one get interest on 30m for one month?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by DAVIDOLAWALE: 7:13am On May 03, 2022
ikoroduarea:

What's the rate for MMF? Like how much one get interest on 30m for one month?
The interest is annually and varies from time to time based on economic situation but good thing about MMF is that you can withdraw part or all of your money at any time you feel like withdrawing it, you can get more details by going to Stanbic Ibtc Asset Management office or Arm office.
Re: Mutual Funds by modupemomo: 8:12am On May 04, 2022
Hello Everyone, hope you enjoyed the long holiday. Please what exactly is going on with Stanbic Mutual Funds, I noticed that the interest rate is abysmally low right now. This is how they will be making someone eye Fairmoney with 15% interest rate! I dont even want to go near any microfinance bank. I am very risk averse which is why I chose mutual funds but what is all these stagnancy of interest rates?

How can everything be this expensive in Nigeria and interest rates be this low?

The money I have in mutual funds will give me a generous fetching somewhere else but I have been burnt twice investing with unscrupulous Nigerians and there will not be a third time.

Is there any hope of resurrection for mutual funds or I should just go and start POS business? �

Please any luminary here should kindly help. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:23am On May 04, 2022
modupemomo:
Hello Everyone, hope you enjoyed the long holiday. Please what exactly is going on with Stanbic Mutual Funds, I noticed that the interest rate is abysmally low right now. This is how they will be making someone eye Fairmoney with 15% interest rate! I dont even want to go near any microfinance bank. I am very risk averse which is why I chose mutual funds but what is all these stagnancy of interest rates?

The money I have in mutual funds will give me a generous fetching somewhere else but I have been burnt twice investing with unscrupulous Nigerians and there will not be a third time.

Is there any hope of resurrection for mutual funds or I should just go and start POS business? �

Currently TBills rates for all the tenors are down and the principal underlying asset of MMF is Tbills hence the low rate being experienced.

The economic realities calls for increase in interest rate but the CBN has its own mind. Let's watch may be at the next MPC meeting coming up this month of May it's possible rate will be be reviewed upward but for now you have to make do with what you have.

As you said if you are risk averse I will advice you stay with an investment that will put your mind at rest.

Think safety of funds before interest/gains more so low risk low returns and vice versa. The choice is yours.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by bfn1: 6:38am On May 05, 2022
modupemomo:

The underlying instruments are generally low.

You can also invest in the monthly FGN Savings Bond.
For last month, 7.338% & 8.338% were offered on the 2 & 3-year bonds respectively. The bulletin for May will be released by the DMO in few days' time.
Interest is payable quarterly.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Entrepreneurrr: 7:32am On May 05, 2022
Good morning.
Apart from app, can i be able to monitor fbnquest mmf via website?
If yes please share the link

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:30pm On May 06, 2022
Entrepreneurrr:
Good morning.
Apart from app, can i be able to monitor fbnquest mmf via website?
If yes please share the link

https://fbnquest.com/asset-management/resources/historical-funds/

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Imabong80(f): 6:44am On May 09, 2022
bfn1:

The underlying instruments are generally low.

You can also invest in the monthly FGN Savings Bond.
For last month, 7.338% & 8.338% were offered on the 2 & 3-year bonds respectively. The bulletin for May will be released by the DMO in few days' time.
Interest is payable quarterly.

March rate was sweeter...10.47 for the 3-year term!
Re: Mutual Funds by bfn1: 7:39am On May 09, 2022
Imabong80:
March rate was sweeter...10.47 for the 3-year term!
Haha! So, the FGNSB serves as a good option for risk-averse investors like modupemomo.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Tayop145: 6:04pm On May 09, 2022
Do you desire to earn good return of investment on a daily basis from the Global Forex market, do you want your money to be working for you while you sleep, if so contact us now on telegram below.

We offer a Highly profit Guaranteed Forex Account Management Service:-

Orders would be placed in your account manually through our expert team.

Any MT4 or MT5 broker is acceptable

Trading would be done with proper risk management.

Delivering at least 1000 - 1200 green pips in a month

Signals accuracy would be 80 - 90 %

Per trade risk would be a maximum of 2 % of capital.

Risk and reward ratio would always between 1:1.5 - 1: 1.2.

You will have 100% control of your account and can opt out at any time.

Minimum returns would be 30 - 40 % on your equity every month and can extend up to 70 - 80% even

We would be working with a technique of capital maximization on your account, which is compounding the lot
size with the growth of the account to make high returns.

Telegram- @forexprofitmgr
Re: Mutual Funds by Imabong80(f): 10:10pm On May 09, 2022
FGN Savings Bond May 2022

2-Year FGN Savings Bond due May 18, 2024: 7.934% per annum

3-Year FGN Savings Bond due May 18, 2025: 8.934% per annum
Re: Mutual Funds by bfn1: 10:14am On May 10, 2022
Imabong80:
FGN Savings Bond May 2022

2-Year FGN Savings Bond due May 18, 2024: 7.934% per annum

3-Year FGN Savings Bond due May 18, 2025: 8.934% per annum
There's an uptick in rates.
Cc: modupemomo

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Investorozay: 1:33pm On May 10, 2022
ikoroduarea:
Where can one invest like N30m for just one month and capital is 100% guarantee?

just use a hedge firm
Re: Mutual Funds by propertyhunter1: 8:00pm On May 10, 2022
Investorozay:

just use a hedge firm

Like?
Re: Mutual Funds by Deensham: 12:43pm On May 16, 2022
What is the current price for Stanbic mmf?
Re: Mutual Funds by pizapato(m): 8:01pm On May 24, 2022
Allboiz:

Same here. Stanbic uses Standard chartered, but there shakara is too much.

I then open united capital. They use fcmb, i opened fcmb and did it for a while, i.e, fcmb to fcmb transfer. Now, fcmb has stopped transfer from fcmb dom to fcmb dom. Very funny to me.

Are you for real?
I just open an account with United Capital and was considering going to open a domicillary account with FCMB.

What other options are available to fund someone's account with united capital ?
Re: Mutual Funds by pizapato(m): 8:46pm On May 24, 2022
Is capital Guaranteed in United Capital Balanced Fund.
The rate is quite high. I have investment in the money market fund and I'm thinking of shifting to Balanced Fund.

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 9:24pm On May 24, 2022
pizapato:
The rate is quite high. I have investment in the money market fund and I'm thinking of shifting to Balanced Fund.

No guarantee ooo. It can either go up or down according to the funds performance at a particular period. The first period wey I try am with 50k na like about 47k I take run commot after about 6 weeks.
Re: Mutual Funds by pizapato(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2022
freeman67:

No guarantee ooo. It can either go up or down according to the funds performance at a particular period. The first period wey I try am with 50k na like about 47k I take run commot after about 6 weeks.

Chaii..... make I just stay where I dey
Thanks for the feedback
Re: Mutual Funds by Foodempire: 11:37pm On May 24, 2022
United capitals has since stop adding interest on money market regularly, has anyone noticed this? The Company updating is so poor, will be porting fully to Fbnquest

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Allboiz: 10:56am On May 25, 2022
pizapato:

Are you for real?
I just open an account with United Capital and was considering going to open a domicillary account with FCMB.

What other options are available to fund someone's account with united capital ?

You can use access, stanbic, FBN, and then transfer to united capital fcmb domiciliary account. Be aware there will be charges since it's not within the same bank.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:26pm On May 25, 2022
pizapato:

Please note all funds that are equity based or balanced funds don't guarantee capital their performance is largely dependent on the stock market hence they are volatile.

The reason you see the returns high right now is because of the resent bull run in the stock market.
Start watching from now you will see it reducing because the bear is in the market.

Most times I advice clients to buy stocks directly instead of equity or balanced fund because it's same risk involved.

Stay with mmf if you want a fully guranteeed
Fund or VGIF now under GTCO.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by pizapato(m): 11:50pm On May 25, 2022
emmasoft:

Please note all funds that are equity based or balanced funds don't guarantee capital their performance is largely dependent on the stock market hence they are volatile.

The reason you see the returns high right now is because of the resent bull run in the stock market.
Start watching from now you see will see it reducing because the bear is in the market.

Most times I advice clients to buy stocks directly instead of equity or balanced fund because it's same risk involved.

Stay with mmf if you want a fully guranteeed
Fund or VGIF now under GTCO.

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by seniorboy1(m): 6:19am On May 28, 2022
Hello everyone,

I would like to confirm status of Axa Mansard MMF.

I've not seen much on them on the thread.

Are the services good enough?

Thank you.
Re: Mutual Funds by Tinu4real(f): 7:35am On May 28, 2022
AXA MUTUAL fund is still very active. It is the same low rate as other. I prefer it to investing in an unstable business now. Low risk,low thinking with all the breakfast been served in all this individual investment out there.
Re: Mutual Funds by segebobo: 7:45am On May 28, 2022
seniorboy1:
Hello everyone,

I would like to confirm status of Axa Mansard MMF.

I've not seen much on them on the thread.

Are the services good enough?

Thank you.
Customer service in AXA Mansard is top notch.
When I apply to redeem my funds, the money often hits my account within an hour
Re: Mutual Funds by Deensham: 9:34am On May 28, 2022
segebobo:

What's the rate on their mmf?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 10:38am On May 28, 2022
Everybody should calm down, rates will soon start appreciating.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by seniorboy1(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2022
Tinu4real:
AXA MUTUAL fund is still very active. It is the same low rate as other. I prefer it to investing in an unstable business now. Low risk,low thinking with all the breakfast been served in all this individual investment out there.

Thank you.

Good to know their status.
Re: Mutual Funds by seniorboy1(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2022
segebobo:

Thank you for the feedback.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.