Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,095 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956659 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by olystic: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2022
Allboiz:

The dollar transfer charges will spoil what he will get at the end of the day. There might even be loss sef.
That's why you have to be strategic about it, by choosing the fund with the custodian bank that you can easily open a dorm account with for easy transfer of your funds. I will like to open the Vantage dollar fund but their custodian bank Citibank do not want to open a dorm account for me.
Re: Mutual Funds by Allboiz: 7:53am On Apr 06, 2022
olystic:

That's why you have to be strategic about it, by choosing the fund with the custodian bank that you can easily open a dorm account with for easy transfer of your funds. I will like to open the Vantage dollar fund but their custodian bank Citibank do not want to open a dorm account for me.

Same here. Stanbic uses Standard chartered, but there shakara is too much.

I then open united capital. They use fcmb, i opened fcmb and did it for a while, i.e, fcmb to fcmb transfer. Now, fcmb has stopped transfer from fcmb dom to fcmb dom. Very funny to me.
Re: Mutual Funds by milanseedorf(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

The money I have in the bank at any point in time is 100k, the rest are in Money Market Funds. They are redeemed whenever I have expenses

This is me. This strategy is even safe cus all three scammers can't touch your mmf. Keeping naira dormant in the bank is a very bad choice now with he way things are

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by milanseedorf(m): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2022
izuugodwin:
meeehn,too bad for stbc mmf no joy at all.switching over to opay,10% good for my liking.very sure they are reliable

How safe is this opay and piggyvest. Are the backed by any strong institution
Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 6:17am On Apr 07, 2022
Allboiz:

The dollar transfer charges will spoil what he will get at the end of the day. There might even be loss sef.
Correct! But in the long run, there will be plenty gain!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Blinking44: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
olystic:

Withdraw your funds and source your dollar from BDC at #585. Then open a dorm account, pay the dollar into the dorm account. From the dorm account you can transfer to ur Stanbic dollar fund account.

Please what is the current interest on stanbic dollar fund account (in percentage). Which of the bank has higher rates! Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by olystic: 5:04am On Apr 08, 2022
Blinking44:

Please what is the current interest on stanbic dollar fund account (in percentage). Which of the bank has higher rates! Thanks
It's not the highest in the sector. I think that of fbnquest or united capital should give you a higher rate of about 4% annual

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Allboiz: 10:30am On Apr 08, 2022
seyisanya:
Correct! But in the long run, there will be plenty gain!

Yes, provided you are willing to wait

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 11, 2022
Good day all, pls can a kind hearted fellow explain to me. What this mutual fund is all about. Like how much can 100k investment in it bring in 6months.
Re: Mutual Funds by Itsrm(m): 10:27am On Apr 11, 2022
francisgodstime:
Good day all, pls can a kind hearted fellow explain to me. What this mutual fund is all about. Like how much can 100k investment in it bring in 6months.

It's very similar to you operating a bank account just that the interest rate is higher . You deposit money as you have it. To answer your question, the rates are not fixed so its difficult to put a figure to it.

Assuming rates remain the same over the next 6 months, you're looking at an interest of N3,000-N3,500 in 6 months.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 11, 2022
Itsrm:

It's very similar to you operating a bank account just that the interest rate is higher . You deposit money as you have it. To answer your question, the rates are not fixed so its difficult to put a figure to it.

Assuming rates remain the same over the next 6 months, you're looking at an interest of N3,000-N3,500 in 6 months.
Thank u very much.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by enigmatique(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2022
emmasoft:

Going by regulatory procedures, all monies for a particular investment must be brought in with the same currency denomination of that investment, any other arrangement is peculiar to that investment house and you will need to engage them on that.

For Investment one, to invest in VDF - Vantage dollar fund, you must bring in your dollars by transfer. Naira is not accepted for dollar mutual fund and vice versa
Hello chief,

My own question is, how exactly does one do that transfer in order to fund one's Vantage Dollar Fund account? I was asked by a customer care agent of I-ONE's to visit a GTCO branch yesterday, but then the account number that I filled in the deposit slip was for Citibank and the teller said since it's not an account domiciled with GT she can't process it. So how exactly do I do the transfer to fund my account?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:38am On Apr 12, 2022
enigmatique:

Hello chief,

My own question is, how exactly does one do that transfer in order to fund one's Vantage Dollar Fund account? I was asked by a customer care agent of I-ONE's to visit a GTCO branch yesterday, but then the account number that I filled in the deposit slip was for Citibank and the teller said since it's not an account domiciled with GT she can't process it. So how exactly do I do the transfer to fund my account?

Get to any branch of your bank where your account is domicile and do a transfer to the Citibank account.

You can also do that using your internet banking or your bank app.
Re: Mutual Funds by enigmatique(m): 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2022
emmasoft:

Get to any branch of your bank where your account is domicile and do a transfer to the Citibank account.

You can also do that using your internet banking or your bank app.
Thank you. I will let you know if I have further questions.
Re: Mutual Funds by Lorddominic(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2022
Foodempire:
Can someone please confirm if this is united capital money market account, I'm about to fund the account. Thanks

PRODUCT: MONEY MARKET FUND
BANK: STANBIC IBTC
ACCOUNT NAME: UNION TRUSTEES/UCAML MONEY MARKET FUND ACCOUNT
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0001102135

Is United Capital associated with InvestNow app?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2022
OPEN NASD ACCOUNT

For those who which to buy stocks listed on NASD platform,
Investment one is one of the stockbroking firms licensed to trade on NASD.
PM or call me to get the form.
With NASD account you can can buy stocks like:

11Plc formerly Mobil Plc
Wamco - Peak milk producer
Niger Delta Exploration and production Plc - modular refinery owner
CSCS Plc
NASD
Afriland properties and more

Note: Your CHN and CSCS number for NGX platform can't be used for NASD stocks.

To open a trading account on the NGX click the link on my signature.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 4:41am On Apr 20, 2022
Lorddominic:

Is United Capital associated with InvestNow app?

Yes, that's their investment mobile app. They own it

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by propertyhunter1: 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2022
Itsrm:

Whatt's the interest N30m for 3 months? And for 6 month? thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by Killmaster1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2022
Use this link and stop begging for help from people who will mock u

https://fairmoney.app/referral?referral_code=WSFM5
Re: Mutual Funds by Saucekide25(m): 11:59pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hello everyone.

Please I need guidance on the safest MMF to invest in with the current market rate. I would prefer something attached to a well known bank as this seems to be the safest bet.

I'm quite rusty, so would need all the assistance I can get.

PS. No Ponzi schemes please.

Best regards.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:40am On Apr 22, 2022
Saucekide25:
Hello everyone.

Please I need guidance on the safest MMF to invest in with the current market rate. I would prefer something attached to a well known bank as this seems to be the safest bet.

Best regards.

You can do Abacus money market fund with investment one. It has been taken over by GTCO of recent. As at 19th April rate was 4.87%
Click the link on my signature to get started or call/chat my contact number is also there.
Re: Mutual Funds by propertyhunter1: 11:47am On Apr 22, 2022
Saucekide25:
Hello everyone.

Best regards.

Your best bet is MMF of StanbicIBTC. Very easy self service platform.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Abbasmh(m): 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2022
Saucekide25:
Hello everyone.

Best regards.
Stanbic MMF is good as mentioned above. Another good one ARM, has higher rate than Stanbic. Currently at 5.59%. It was 8% in Q1 2022

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Chiden(f): 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2022
Re: Mutual Funds by Yemon: 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Pls name some other good mutual fund firms I can invest with.
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
Yemon:
Pls name some other good mutual fund firms I can invest with.

United capital
FBN Quest
Coronation
Chapel hill Denham
Re: Mutual Funds by adedayo77: 9:35am On Apr 29, 2022
Hello Nairalander.

Please which mutual fund on stanbic IBTC fund management can bring a monthly return of atleast #50k on #5M investments?

Thanks in anticipation for your response.
Re: Mutual Funds by ibechris(m): 10:12am On Apr 29, 2022
adedayo77:
Hello Nairalander.

Please which mutual fund on stanbic IBTC fund management can bring a monthly return of atleast #50k on #5M investments?

Thanks in anticipation for your response.

Non for now.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ikoroduarea: 8:05pm On May 02, 2022
Where can one invest like N30m for just one month and capital is 100% guarantee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.