Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (957104 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Ups01(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
carpenter:

ha! I am not an economist o! However, I think exporting should not be our primary focus...we should focus on being more self sustaining. What we suffer for most times is balance of trade, I will be more in support on reducing imports as an economic policy to attain self sustenance first, then increase exports to become the badass African brother we should be.

I give an analogy on Personal Finance...yes as an individual, I want to increase my earnings but no matter how much of that I do , if there is no balance...I will always live paycheck to paycheck. But if I reduce my spending first, I create a culture of being frugal then any increase in earnings will have the magical effect. in the end, it is all about balance.

Boss! been a while. I doff my hat once more. Thanks for the valuable information you provide free of charge.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Ups01(m): 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2017
@Carpenter @Ernie4life Thanks for your immense contribution on this thread.

is it advisable to go into Mutual Fund in 2017?

FBN MMF customer care is annoyingly too slow, is there a better Mutual Fund Company with less complexity and better customer service?

cc:
feelamong
naijainvestor
Re: Mutual Funds by Ups01(m): 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
Ups01:

FBN MMF customer care is annoyingly too slow, is there a better Mutual Fund Company with less complexity and better customer service?

cc:
feelamong
naijainvestor

Am using Stanbic ibtc mutual funds. ....you will have relax mind.....every thing is online.....Google their website and get their contact details. .

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 4:49am On Feb 22, 2017
Ups01:

cc:
feelamong
naijainvestor

Well it depends on a some factors

How much do you want to invest?
If you have a huge amount, say 1million and above I would probably say you just buy treasury bills instead of mutual funds for NOW

Can you lock up your finds for at least a year?‎
If you are not ready to lock up your funds for a year then I will advice you go for mutual funds, even if you have more than 1million the current yields right now in mutual funds beat treasury bills for both 91 days and 182days. But if you can lock your funds for a year then it's better you do treasury bills for 365days.

Would you like flexibility in your portfolio? 
What I mean is would you like to be adding more funds to your portfolio whenever you have extra funds to invest and you want them all to run as one investment? If yes then you should stick to mutual funds if no then treasury bills is yours to do.

There are many Mutual funds company offering competitive returns with great service delivery like 

ARM
Investment-one funds mgt
Stanbic ibtc etc‎

The above are based on current economic conditions and can change at anytime 

Happy investing ‎

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mutual Funds by Ups01(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
@Ernie4life @ukay2 Thanks for your detailed info.
I will definitely check out Stanbic Ibtc. i have a feeling their customer service might be better.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ups01(m): 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
@ukay2 Sir am little confused o, does Stanbic IBTC have a plan where i can increment my investment by at least 5k per month?

is there a page where i can view the factsheets? (e.g FBN Money Market Fund has https://www.fbnquest.com/asset-management/investor-resource-center/fact-sheets)
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ups01:
@ukay2 Sir am little confused o, does Stanbic IBTC have a plan where i can increment my investment by at least 5k per month?

is there a page where i can view the factsheets? (e.g FBN Money Market Fund has https://www.fbnquest.com/asset-management/investor-resource-center/fact-sheets)

Am currently investing in two money investments ...money market fund and guaranteed investment fund......

...........for money market fund....minimum investment is 50k per each addition.
for guaranteed investment fund. ...minimum investment is 20k per each addition...

For the factsheet....Google their website and contact their customer care services. .for more information.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by jesusbaby01: 12:58pm On Feb 27, 2017
ik'm thankful to this wonderful thread, i was able to make a decison between Stanbic Ibtc mmf, ARM money Funds and FBN MMF... due to my findings.. i settled for Stanbic MMF and ARM, and i chose the option of re-investing dividends on both platforms. But ARM Discovery funds looks attractive too, can someone enlighten me. I must also confess that Stanbic is supercool. one can montior it easily online

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Ojix85: 10:48am On Mar 06, 2017
Hello and good morning All,

Can someone please, assist with current rate/price history for StanbicIBTC Money Market Fund?

I have checked online. The page has issues.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 6:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
Ojix85:
Hello and good morning All,

Can someone please, assist with current rate/price history for StanbicIBTC Money Market Fund?

I have checked online. The page has issues.

Thanks in advance.

Today MMF....17.41%

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by MssRose(f): 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
jesusbaby01:
ik'm thankful to this wonderful thread, i was able to make a decison between Stanbic Ibtc mmf, ARM money Funds and FBN MMF... due to my findings.. i settled for Stanbic MMF and ARM, and i chose the option of re-investing dividends on both platforms. But ARM Discovery funds looks attractive too, can someone enlighten me. I must also confess that Stanbic is supercool. one can montior it easily online
please can you be kind enough to do a short summary of stanbic MMF.
Re: Mutual Funds by olandofire(m): 8:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
I just stumbled on this thread and I think it is wonderful. The interest rates quoted for these mutual funds are very good compared to what obtains in the western world. For someone who has access to foreign funds, is there a way to invest in these mutual funds without converting to local currency? The fear I have is that the Naira is not stable and might have lost ground against the dollar before the maturity of the investment. A response on how best to go about this would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Ups01(m): 8:58am On Apr 14, 2017
I think am falling in love with Meristem, great customer service. but why is Meristems fact sheet not upto date?

cc: ernie4life
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2017
olandofire:
I just stumbled on this thread and I think it is wonderful. The interest rates quoted for these mutual funds are very good compared to what obtains in the western world. For someone who has access to foreign funds, is there a way to invest in these mutual funds without converting to local currency? The fear I have is that the Naira is not stable and might have lost ground against the dollar before the maturity of the investment. A response on how best to go about this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Right now I don't think there is any dollar based mutual fund yet(i stand to be corrected) but a couple of investment firms are working on it, probably by June it will be up, heard most of them are already with SEC waiting for approval.
Re: Mutual Funds by RichLizzy: 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
This mutual benefit, do they credit me monthly and what is their ROI like compare to treasury bill?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2017
Ups01:
I think am falling in love with Meristem, great customer service. but why is Meristems fact sheet not upto date?

cc: ernie4life

Probably because they dont want to put everything online but you could request for their updated fact sheet through their customers care email which am sure you would get on their site
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
RichLizzy:
This mutual benefit, do they credit me monthly and what is their ROI like compare to treasury bill?

I don't think mutual benefit have a mutual fund under their management
Re: Mutual Funds by 12fb: 10:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
Invest for tomorrow
Re: Mutual Funds by Ups01(m): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
ernie4life:

Probably because they dont want to put everything online but you could request for their updated fact sheet through their customers care email which am sure you would get on their site

Thanks Sir
Re: Mutual Funds by businessmen: 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
hmmm
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
ernie4life:

Right now I don't think there is any dollar based mutual fund yet(i stand to be corrected) but a couple of investment firms are working on it, probably by June it will be up, heard most of them are already with SEC waiting for approval.

On the contrary, right now there is a dollar based mutual fund.. called Stanbic IBTC Dollar Fund. The minimum investment for it is $5,000 on initial investment with multiples of $500 subsequently. You can just google it for more information about it.

[quote author=olandofire post=55545465]

Please google Stanbic IBTC Dollar Fund.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
freeman67:

On the contrary, right now there is a dollar based mutual fund.. called Stanbic IBTC Dollar Fund. The minimum investment for it is $5,000 on initial investment with multiples of $500 subsequently. You can just google it for more information about it.

Thanks I will check it out
Re: Mutual Funds by IHelp: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2017
ernie4life:

Example FCAM
Are you interested in investing in US Dollar Eurobonds?

First City Asset Management Limited (FCAM) can directly purchase US Dollar Eurobonds, on your behalf.

Issuers of US Dollar Eurobonds can be grouped as follows:
1. Sovereign entities - for example, the Federal Government of Nigeria.
2. Supranational bodies – for example, African Development Bank, Africa Finance Corporation, or International Finance Corporation.
3. Corporate entities – for example, Nigerian banks.

FCAM can purchase US Dollar Eurobonds issued by any of these entities, under the following mandates:

Discretionary mandate

FCAM actively manages your portfolio and makes investment decisions on your behalf.

Non-discretionary mandate

FCAM offers advise (including highlighting opportunities to take profit, switch into cheaper US Dollar Eurobonds, make additional purchases to take advantage of a fall in price, or flag the risk of a credit rating downgrade), but you make the final investment decisions.

Execution-only mandate

You decide which of the US Dollar Eurobonds to purchase, and FCAM only executes based on your instruction.

The minimum units of any of the US Dollar Eurobonds that can be purchased, is 200,000 units. A unit can trade at US $1. So, you would require US $200,000.

[/b]For those who cannot afford the minimum of 200,000 units, our soon to be launched US Dollar mutual fund, will be an alternative. The mutual fund, which will allow you invest a minimum of US$5,000 (5,000 units at the launch price of US$1 per unit), should be open to investors by May/June, 2017.[b]
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
following
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
IHelp:

Example FCAM
Are you interested in investing in US Dollar Eurobonds?

First City Asset Management Limited (FCAM) can directly purchase US Dollar Eurobonds, on your behalf.

Issuers of US Dollar Eurobonds can be grouped as follows:
1. Sovereign entities - for example, the Federal Government of Nigeria.
2. Supranational bodies – for example, African Development Bank, Africa Finance Corporation, or International Finance Corporation.
3. Corporate entities – for example, Nigerian banks.

FCAM can purchase US Dollar Eurobonds issued by any of these entities, under the following mandates:

Discretionary mandate

FCAM actively manages your portfolio and makes investment decisions on your behalf.

Non-discretionary mandate

FCAM offers advise (including highlighting opportunities to take profit, switch into cheaper US Dollar Eurobonds, make additional purchases to take advantage of a fall in price, or flag the risk of a credit rating downgrade), but you make the final investment decisions.

Execution-only mandate

You decide which of the US Dollar Eurobonds to purchase, and FCAM only executes based on your instruction.

The minimum units of any of the US Dollar Eurobonds that can be purchased, is 200,000 units. A unit can trade at US $1. So, you would require US $200,000.

[/b]For those who cannot afford the minimum of 200,000 units, our soon to be launched US Dollar mutual fund, will be an alternative. The mutual fund, which will allow you invest a minimum of US$5,000 (5,000 units at the launch price of US$1 per unit), should be open to investors by May/June, 2017.[b]

Bonds are different from mutual funds.

For the dollar based find, do well to let us know when it's out, also tell us the features.

Aside your firm I know others firms coming up with theirs, so we await them all so we know which is competitively better.
Re: Mutual Funds by IHelp: 11:32am On Apr 18, 2017
ernie4life:

Bonds are different from mutual funds.

For the dollar based find, do well to let us know when it's out, also tell us the features.

Aside your firm I know others firms coming up with theirs, so we await them all so we know which is competitively better.

For the record, this is not my firm. This is an arm owned by First city group. This was a mail sent to me and I decided to share.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ojix85: 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hello guys, please I need some clarification.

How frequently are the proceeds from Stanbic IBTC MMF paid?

Since daily rates change, is my MMF account credited with the days rate at the end of the day?

Can you leverage on compound interest when investing in a mutual fund, like Stanbic MMF?

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: Frangel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.