Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (957304 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 25, 2016
uliyaah:
Well, i have a great news for us all!

Invest and earn 4% daily interest for 48 days!
Profits are withdrawable daily into your bitcoin or perfect money account!
Investment of as low as $10 !

whatsapp for details. 2347083097783

Plus, you might wanna ask if i have tried it, yes! with munched account transaction proofs!
Some proofs are on my post, check my profile!

Why can't you people chase this scammer out of here?
Re: Mutual Funds by anori: 11:59am On Sep 16, 2016
The yield on the Money Market Fund is up to 13.86% now and FBN FIxed Income Fund is 13.66% as at Yesterday. I think the Mutual Funds are getting better despite the economy. Thank God.
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
anori:
The yield on the Money Market Fund is up to 13.86% now and FBN FIxed Income Fund is 13.66% as at Yesterday. I think the Mutual Funds are getting better despite the economy. Thank God.

it should be more than that cos FG just sold bond at rates hovering around 16%
Re: Mutual Funds by anori: 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
Maybe the bank took their 3%.That's a lot though.
Re: Mutual Funds by anori: 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
Maybe the bank took their 3%.That's a lot though.13.9% today.
Re: Mutual Funds by engbash: 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
pls who use investment one's vgif and what rstes are u getting cuz the last time I calculatrd I got a value close 7% i.e.#2000+ for a 500k+ investment
abeg others using other firms please advice
thanks in advance
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2016
engbash:
pls who use investment one's vgif and what rstes are u getting cuz the last time I calculatrd I got a value close 7% i.e.#2000+ for a 500k+ investment
thanks in advance

I think it's same thing everywhere. I will attach fbn fact
sheet

Re: Mutual Funds by Rhukie(f): 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
@yak and @feelamong please, will you still advice someone to invest in mutual fund in this recession
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 9:40am On Sep 22, 2016
Rhukie:
@yak and @feelamong please, will you still advice someone to invest in mutual fund in this recession

hmm am an ordinary linguist ooo. I think @ernie shld answer ooo. as for me, I only use mutual funds as savings for some extra cash on me. for me Mutual funds isn't an investment. once I get the amount I need I pull out and invest and start again

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Cinderelly(f): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2016
I need an investor in my fashion retail business (bags,shoes,clothings), you can contact me for the returns and legal bindings : bawosokanre@gmail.com/ bawosokanre@yahoo.com
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2016
engbash:
thanks in advance

I still checked recently, and it's c.7% though they claim it will reach 13% at the year end. When inflation is 17.6% ? undecided

Better put the stuff in TB...or spend, else it's losing value to inflation.
Re: Mutual Funds by jsheng(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
ukay2:

Use STANBIC IBTC MMF .
Both account funding and Withdrawal of funds via online is less than 12hours.
Am using it.

I just bought money market worth 150k from stanbic on the 24-10-2016 30 days plan, uptill now, I have not been giving my login details, no certificate, nothing to show that I invest in their MF, what will be interest at the end of 30days?

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by swissmillionai: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
Gold is a precious metal, it doesn't suffer from government control, it is not affected by corrosion and it is the oldest currency known to man.

We can show you how to make money by investing in Gold today and have the financial freedom you have always desired

Re: Mutual Funds by jsheng(m): 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
swissmillionai:
Gold is a precious metal, it doesn't suffer from government control, it is not affected by corrosion and it is the oldest currency known to man.

We can show you how to make money by investing in Gold today and have the financial freedom you have always desired

how does gold business works, watsapp me on 08029818955
Re: Mutual Funds by Priceless25: 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
jsheng:

I just bought money market worth 150k from stanbic on the 24-10-2016 30 days plan, uptill now, I have not been giving my login details, no certificate, nothing to show that I invest in their MF, what will be interest at the end of 30days?

Thanks

Well.. it depends on their current interest rates. FBN MMF is at two digit figure at the moment, which is amazing considering last few months interest rates.
Re: Mutual Funds by Priceless25: 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
jsheng:

Careful!! Nothing good comes that easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
jsheng:

If you interested in gold, you can buy "New Gold" it is traded on the exchange. Please do your research first and be careful not to deal in markets that are not regulated.

Disclosure:
I own shares of New Gold

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Cation(m): 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
carpenter:

If you interested in gold, you can buy "New Gold" it is traded on the exchange. Please do your research first and be careful not to deal in markets that are not regulated.

Disclosure:
I own shares of New Gold
hello Carpenter, I am interested in purchasing the newgold etf but because I don't understand how it works from start to finish I am just a prospective investor. As an active investor I would like you to explain to me in details everything u know about newgold etf. thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Cation:
hello Carpenter, I am interested in purchasing the newgold etf but because I don't understand how it works from start to finish I am just a prospective investor. As an active investor I would like you to explain to me in details everything u know about newgold etf. thanks

I can't say much as I just treat it like every other stock I own. I did some reading back then and this was just my way of buying gold without having it with me physically. You can read the below:

http://etfcib.absa.co.za/Products/Exchange%20Traded%20Funds/Commodities/NewGold/Pages/default.aspx
https://justonelap.com/newgoldetf/
http://etfdb.com/type/commodity/precious-metals/gold-etf/

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Cation(m): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
carpenter:

I can't say much as I just treat it like every other stock I own. I did some reading back then and this was just my way of buying gold without having it with me physically. You can read the below:

http://etfcib.absa.co.za/Products/Exchange%20Traded%20Funds/Commodities/NewGold/Pages/default.aspx
https://justonelap.com/newgoldetf/
http://etfdb.com/type/commodity/precious-metals/gold-etf/
Thanks bro. I think I understand now
Re: Mutual Funds by Cinderelly(f): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2016
Cinderelly:
I need an investor in my fashion retail business (bags,shoes,clothings), you can contact me for the returns and legal bindings : bawosokanre@gmail.com/ bawosokanre@yahoo.com
It is baffling how people ignore young entrepreneur looking forward to making a brighter tomorrow and achieving her dreams !!!
Invest in my dreams.....

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by feelamong(m): 10:03am On Nov 29, 2016
Cinderelly:

It is baffling how people ignore young entrepreneur looking forward to making a brighter tomorrow and achieving her dreams !!!
Invest in my dreams.....

Do you import or locally produce these items?

would love to get more info on that ...send mail to feelamong@gmail.com
Re: Mutual Funds by DUNKA(m): 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
carpenter:

Disclosure:
I own shares of New Gold
please can you advise on how to purchase the newgold ETF? Any useful information would be appreciated.
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2016
DUNKA:
please can you advise on how to purchase the newgold ETF? Any useful information would be appreciated.

Simple...just tell your stockbroker you want to buy New Gold...it is sold as an ETF. You buy just like you buy other shares.
Re: Mutual Funds by crossblane1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
I have a site that offers %150 in 15 days. whatsapp me if interested on 08075175351 Can't drop link here.
Re: Mutual Funds by DUNKA(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
carpenter:

Simple...just tell your stockbroker you want to buy New Gold...it is sold as an ETF. You buy just like you buy other shares.
Thanks a million
Re: Mutual Funds by feelamong(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2017
http://nairametrics.com/chapel-hill-denham-converts-equity-fund-to-money-market-fund/

Chapel Hill Denham will hold an Extra Ordinary General Meeting (EGM) on Thursday 26th of January 2017. Primary agenda is the conversion of its equity fund Nigeria Global Investment Fund (NGIF) into a money market fund. Tough economic conditions have led to the federal government ramping up borrowing. Thus leading to a jump in money market rates. Nigerian equity market been bearish for the second year running, closing 2016 at -6.17%. Year to date return is -2.47% as at yesterday. Chapel Hill Denham is a leading investment banking, securities trading and investment management firm. The firm has handled various landmark transactions including consulting for the CBN as well as being involved in the setting up of Asset Company Of Nigeria (AMCON)
Re: Mutual Funds by DUNKA(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
Johnrake69:

Thank you for the privilege... This has been a wonderful thread and I must commend you for the great work.

At ARM our mutual funds are classified into four.

1. The ARM Money Market Fund
2. The ARM Discovery Fund
3. The ARM Aggressive Growth Fund
4. The ARM Ethical Fund.

The ARM Money Market Fund: The fund invests mainly in money market instruments, such as government treasury bills, commercial papers, bankers acceptance and certificate of deposit.

Benefits
- Generate steady income
- Its tax free
- Capital preservation
- Serves as a collateral.
- Pays dividend every quarter
- Low risk, because 100% of the fund is invested in the money market
- The fund is open ended, its not tied to a tenure I.e you can enter and exit anytime. However, its expected that you stay up to a month. A breach of this will result in a penalty of 20% of what your money has been able to yield within the period. Actually your money yields something each day it stays with us.

Note: It goes with a floating rate and not a fixed rate. And since the inception of the fund it hasn't done below 10%.
Redemption of investment takes 3 to 5 working days.

@ernie4life you raised a concern about how the fall in the price of government securities will impact on the money market mutual funds. Well, I can tell you that at ARM our top priority is to look for maximum opportunities that exists in the market for the optimum benefit of our clients. Though, T.bills has been falling but, the yield on the ARM money market fund hasn't done below 13.5% since the beginning of the month of November.

I will be updating the house from time to time. Am here incase of any questions. smiley

Will take the Discovery Fund next.

Good day please if I want sell my units in the ARM Discovery fund what do I need to do? Any pointers would be appreciated
Re: Mutual Funds by carpenter(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
DUNKA:
Good day please if I want sell my units in the ARM Discovery fund what do I need to do? Any pointers would be appreciated

Their site will be of great help...please go there and check, call the contact numbers or email them.

https://www.arminvestmentcenter.com/contact-us/find-an-investment-center/
Re: Mutual Funds by DUNKA(m): 6:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
carpenter:

Their site will be of great help...please go there and check, call the contact numbers or email them.

https://www.arminvestmentcenter.com/contact-us/find-an-investment-center/
did that and was able to liquidate on line. Took just 3 days and my account was credited. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.