Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (966348 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
sirrotex:
This is expected towards the end of November

Sukuk VI is here!

Re: Mutual Funds by sirrotex: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Thanks Boss. I was expecting at least 16%. We have to manage it as it is
emmasoft:

Sukuk VI is here!
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
sirrotex:
Thanks Boss. I was expecting at least 16%. We have to manage it as it is
Yes o. Half bread is better than chin chin. grin

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:43pm On Oct 04, 2023
Some things to note on Sukuk VI Subscription

All categories of investors Individual(Retail) or corporate, HNI, or LNI are qualified to invest.

Subscription can be done whether in Nigeria or in the diaspora

You can subscribe through any capital market operator regulated by the SEC - fund managers or stockbrokers in particular.

You don't need to transfer to the issuing house or receiving bank yourself your subscription money can be paid to the collection account of the operator you are subscribing with hence you will see different firms giving you their accounts to deposit into. The operators will in turn send your subscription monies to any of the receiving banks via the issuing houses

Your returns don't go through any of the investment firms you subscribe with. It goes straight to the bank details you provided in the subscription form.

Note: there is no subscription commission to be paid by investors that is meant for the issuer to pay

You will need a cscs account especially if you don't intend to keep it to maturity. However, the subscription can still be done without cscs account. My advice is that you start the process of cscs account opening now.
Account opening is free.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by JaySterling: 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2023
In GTB mutual funds and Stanbic money market

Please which is performing better? And has better percentage yield per annum

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2023
JaySterling:
In GTB mutual funds and Stanbic money market

Please which is performing better? And has better percentage yield per annum

Go with Stanbic. To open account, click the link on my signature.
Re: Mutual Funds by JaySterling: 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
emmasoft:

Just signed up!

Please what’s the current rate of Stanbic money market ?

And how do I move my funds. Because all the money I want to invest is in my GTBank savings account

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Hogwarthtrades: 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2023
@ Emmasoft @ Eewumi and others in the house , are you aware of investment firms that accepts secondary school students interested in investment banking / finance to do some sort of internship. What is/are the requirement??

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:02am On Oct 07, 2023
JaySterling:

Just signed up!

Please what’s the current rate of Stanbic money market ?

And how do I move my funds. Because all the money I want to invest is in my GTBank savings account

Since you just signed up, by Monday you will get your e-account number and the collection account you are to transfer your money into.

The current rate is 9.76%
Once you get those details just transfer from your Gtbank account using your bank app, internet banking, or the banking hall. Whichever method you decide to use, make sure you write your e-account number as the narration, remark, or description depending on the term your bank uses.
You can chat me up if you need other information that may not be appropriate to put in a public forum like this.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:09am On Oct 07, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:
@ Emmasoft @ Eewumi and others in the house , are you aware of investment firms that accepts secondary school students interested in investment banking / finance to do some sort of internship. What is/are the requirement??

@Hogwarthtrades I don't know of any for now.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Hogwarthtrades: 11:35am On Oct 07, 2023
emmasoft:
@Hogwarthtrades I don't know of any for now.
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

Internship for secondary students Keh.

You can do the following

1. Establish an investment club for the students

2. Organise an excursion to the stock
exchange

3. Liase with your Stockbroker and organise a quiz competition, the top 3 winners will have the opportunity to do a 2 weeks holiday job with your Stockbroker

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Hogwarthtrades: 6:28am On Oct 09, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Internship for secondary students Keh.

You can do the following

1. Establish an investment club for the students

2. Organise an excursion to the stock
exchange

3. Liase with your Stockbroker and organise a quiz competition, the top 3 winners will have the opportunity to do a 2 weeks holiday job with your Stockbroker

yes keh internship aka holiday job aka understudy an investment banker. Its for a nephew ss3 student that is considering a career in finance, I wanted to see what is obtainable out there in terms of internship aka holiday job aka understudy a stockbroker or investment banker even f it's 2 days a week (knowing how busy this lots are) so he has an idea of what he is trying to study. I will work on no.3 thanks for the info!!
Re: Mutual Funds by Codevalley: 9:49am On Oct 09, 2023
It's a general issue or I am the only one having issues login into my stanbic mmf account?
Re: Mutual Funds by Ojix85: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2023
seyisanya:
Yes, now you can!

Can someone please validate this?
GTBank seems unaware.
Re: Mutual Funds by troy20(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
Pls how safe is this Opay investment?
Re: Mutual Funds by Zanzibar1: 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
troy20:
Pls how safe is this Opay investment?
anything investment... Run o
Re: Mutual Funds by JaySterling: 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2023
emmasoft:

Please what are the risks involved in Stanbic Money Market
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2023
JaySterling:
Please what are the risks involved in Stanbic Money Market

The risk is if Nigeria ceases to exist because the underlying asset of mutual funds is basically TBills.
MMF is categorized as a low-risk investment. The risk is near zero.

It's a recommended investment for low-risk tolerance investors or newbies.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by imback(m): 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
What’s the tax implications for mutual funds earnings? I have 1mil in stanbic

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Kaybthaniels(m): 7:13am On Oct 19, 2023
Good morning house, I am looking into investing in mutual funds/money markets, which ones are the best with good interest rate?, also is it possible to sign up from Diaspora?, Thanks for your answers in advance.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:59am On Oct 19, 2023
Kaybthaniels:
Good morning house, I am looking into investing in mutual funds/money markets, which ones are the best with good interest rate?, also is it possible to sign up from Diaspora?, Thanks for your answers in advance.

You can do MMF and fixed income funds

I recommend SFS fixed income fund 10.02% as of today

andy of Stanbic or Norrenberger for MMF fund

Stanbic 9.47% as of today
Norrenberger 10.34 as of today.

Yes, you can sign up from the diaspora. However, to avoid the issue of notarization of your kyc documents you can use your Nigerian kyc documents to register.

chat me up if you need more clarity
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2023
imback:
What’s the tax implications for mutual funds earnings? I have 1mil in stanbic

MMF earnings is tax free

5 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Tohmey(m): 11:40am On Oct 19, 2023
emmasoft:

MMF earnings is tax free
Sir, What is the faith of naira now? How can we handle this issue of naira turning into dust?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2023
Tohmey:

Sir, What is the faith of naira now?
How can we handle this issue of naira turning into dust?

The issue of naira is beyond us here. It involves the larger economy, the handlers, and the whole country. Investors that can get dollars are also investing in the dollar fund at least to hedge against inflation and devaluation or buy good stocks that can give returns higher than the inflation rate, otherwise we just have to make do with the negative real returns for now. The only thing is for us to try and reduce the negative real returns by investing in funds with double-digit rates.

5 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by AJOBI77(m): 8:13am On Oct 20, 2023
Good morning all,

Please is re-investment option of dividends on investments still advisable at this time,

One one of my investment, I saw a subscription of over 200k on my app and it increases the amount.

Only for me to check two days later and found that the dividend paid has been removed and the amount reduced by that same amount.

I request for my statement which was sent but I still can't make any meaning of it. How can my money increased and decreased two days later.

I would appreciate if people can guide me with explanation.

The investment is FBN HALAL FUND.

Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:02am On Oct 20, 2023
AJOBI77:
Good morning all,

Please is re-investment option of dividends on investments still advisable at this time,

One one of my investment, I saw a subscription of over 200k on my app and it increases the amount.

Only for me to check two days later and found that the dividend paid has been removed and the amount reduced by that same amount.

I request for my statement which was sent but I still can't make any meaning of it. How can my money increased and decreased two days later.

I would appreciate if people can guide me with explanation.

The investment is FBN HALAL FUND.

Thank you all

@AJOBI77 please note that for mutual funds that don't accrue interest daily and are price controlled, the payment of dividend is treated like the usual stocks ie any amount of dividend declared is deducted from the current price of the fund on the closure date hence you see a reduction of price by same value of dividend paid. Unlike MMF where interest accrued daily and at the end of the quarter, the accrued interest is reinvested or paid to your bank account. If you look at the value of the investment before deduction it has not changed. If you add the dividend collected and the current value after deduction you get back the value before deduction.
What just happened is that part of the value gain was paid to you.

Going forward the value will continue to increase again as the price increases and the process will be repeated in the next dividend payment.

The above is just a general explanation for price-based mutual funds, the particular fund you are referring to may have some peculiarities that you will need to clarify from the fund manager. I hope this helps

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mutual Funds by AJOBI77(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
emmasoft:

@AJOBI77 please note that for mutual funds that don't accrue interest daily and are price controlled, the payment of dividend is treated like the usual stocks ie any amount of dividend declared is deducted from the current price of the fund on the closure date hence you see a reduction of price by same value of dividend paid. Unlike MMF where interest accrued daily and at the end of the quarter, the accrued interest is reinvested or paid to your bank account. If you look at the value of the investment before deduction it has not changed. If you add the dividend collected and the current value after deduction you get back the value before deduction.

Going forward the value will continue to increase again as the price increases and the process will be repeated in the next dividend payment.

The above is just a general explanation for price-based mutual funds, the particular fund you are referring to may have some peculiarities that you will need to clarify from the fund manager. I hope this helps

Thank you so much. This is helpful. Many thanks

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2023
emmasoft:

Thanks for educating us. You've been so helpful

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2023
Kaybthaniels:
Please don't convert your hard currency to naira to buy mutual funds, buy eurobond funds with your USD. Reach out to InvestNow, FBNQuest, StanbicIBTC, etc

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Tohmey(m): 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2023
seyisanya:
Please don't convert your hard currency to naira to buy mutual funds, buy eurobond funds with your USD. Reach out to InvestNow, FBNQuest, StanbicIBTC, etc
Humm e don choke for this country o o, even piggyvest no even get $USD To sell again
smh!
Re: Mutual Funds by SimpleGuy001: 7:22am On Oct 23, 2023
Bosses pls does it make sense to start investing with 100k?.

I opened a mutual funds account with the aim of increasing it overtime as I earn from my job.

Dunno but I’m thinking it’s a waste of time due to the small amount

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: Awoist(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.