Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (966367 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2023
SimpleGuy001:
Bosses pls does it make sense to start investing with 100k?.

I opened a mutual funds account with the aim of increasing it overtime as I earn from my job.

Dunno but I’m thinking it’s a waste of time due to the small amount

The answer to your first question is yes.

Your opening of Mutual Fund Account is also very good at least you can use that as a form of savings to grow your funds before making moves for other investments.

Nope it's not a waste of time. No matter how bastardised our currency/economy is now, it is better to have something no matter how little than to having nothing. If you are consistent with your savings, it will help you grow the money.

5 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by OSCARNEEN: 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2023
emmasoft:

@AJOBI77 please note that for mutual funds that don't accrue interest daily and are price controlled, the payment of dividend is treated like the usual stocks ie any amount of dividend declared is deducted from the current price of the fund on the closure date hence you see a reduction of price by same value of dividend paid. Unlike MMF where interest accrued daily and at the end of the quarter, the accrued interest is reinvested or paid to your bank account. If you look at the value of the investment before deduction it has not changed. If you add the dividend collected and the current value after deduction you get back the value before deduction.
What just happened is that part of the value gain was paid to you.

Going forward the value will continue to increase again as the price increases and the process will be repeated in the next dividend payment.

The above is just a general explanation for price-based mutual funds, the particular fund you are referring to may have some peculiarities that you will need to clarify from the fund manager. I hope this helps

Thanks boss for the clarification. It makes sense if it goes down to around the initial balance before the shares payment. In my case of the specialized USD fund for FBN Quest, it went much much lower than the previous balance. Infact I am at around 8% lost of my total investment value initially per the new unit price. Is that normal?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
SimpleGuy001:
Bosses pls does it make sense to start investing with 100k?.

I opened a mutual funds account with the aim of increasing it overtime as I earn from my job.

Dunno but I’m thinking it’s a waste of time due to the small amount

In addition to all @freeman67 has said I want to say that your thinking of 100k being too small is what has made many people remain without a single investment today. They think 5,000, 20,000, or even 100,000 is too small to start with hence they never stated. You can never finish a race that never started.

Why did you think most of the fund managers reduced their initial deposit to 5,000? it's a message they are trying to pass across to everyone that nothing is too small when it comes to savings and investment. All that is needed when it comes to investment is not only the amount involved but rather it's consistency and compounding. you can never go wrong when there is consistency and compounding of interest especially in low-risk investments like MMF.

Please continue with your investment and top up as much as you can and when you can. Be deliberate and intentional about it. You will be amazed after some time what the little amount has turned into. Remember the value of 1 in a million!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
OSCARNEEN:

Thanks boss for the clarification. It makes sense if it goes down to around the initial balance before the shares payment. In my case of the specialized USD fund for FBN Quest, it went much much lower than the previous balance. Infact I am at around 8% lost of my total investment value initially per the new unit price. Is that normal?

Yes if the price went lower than the price at markdown (when the dividend was deducted from the price).

For example, if the price was $100 the day the dividend was deducted and it went down to $95 thereafter definitely the value of your investment will go lower.

With time the price can get higher even going beyond $100 then the value of your investment increases again.
Re: Mutual Funds by SimpleGuy001: 6:23pm On Oct 23, 2023
@emmasoft

Thanks for the info. By the way, what’s the minimum investable amount for a dollar mutual fund account (per unit price and minimum number of units required)..
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2023
SimpleGuy001:
@emmasoft

Thanks for the info. By the way, what’s the minimum investable amount for a dollar mutual fund account (per unit price and minimum number of units required)..

For Dollar fund I'm with Norrenberger Asset management and the minimum investable amount is 550
Re: Mutual Funds by OSCARNEEN: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
emmasoft:

For Dollar fund I'm with Norrenberger Asset management and the minimum investable amount is 550

What's the minimum holding period for dollar fund. The return seem to be the best I know in the market. I am currently with FBN
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2023
OSCARNEEN:

What's the minimum holding period for dollar fund. The return seem to be the best I know in the market. I am currently with FBN

90 days.
Re: Mutual Funds by OSCARNEEN: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2023
emmasoft:

90 days.

The company is totally new to me. Are you confident about their prospect and stability for investment safety?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
OSCARNEEN:

The company is totally new to me. Are you confident about their prospect and stability for investment safety?

They have been around for five years. SEC-regulated and into Asset mgt, pension, insurance (They bought over international Energy Insurance), etc. They have offices in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
You can also check up on the SEC website.

Parties to the fund:
Fund manager: Norrenberger
Custodian bank: Stanbic
Trustees: DLM Trustees
Kindly chat me up if you decide to go along with us after registration or if you need further clarification
Note that account opening is free.
Re: Mutual Funds by adedayo77: 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hello house,

I top up my Stanbic ibtc MMF around 11am today, up til now it has not reflected on my account.

Who has encountered such before?
Re: Mutual Funds by adedayo77: 7:48pm On Nov 01, 2023
It has reflected

adedayo77:
Hello house,

I top up my Stanbic ibtc MMF around 11am today, up til now it has not reflected on my account.

Who has encountered such before?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Harshreality: 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2023
adedayo77:
It has reflected

Yes. For better understanding. All top-ups made before 12PM will reflect in the evening of that same day. All top-ups made after 12PM will reflect in the evening of the next day.

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by adetunrayo(f): 1:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
Hello,

Please how do one withdraw from ARM mutual account.

I have been trying without success.

OTP did not drop on my phone number.

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by dmniq(m): 9:30am On Nov 13, 2023
13-11-2023

Stanbic: 10.05% (App) vs 9.97% (3rd party)
InvestNow: 9.66% (App) vs 9.97% (3rd party)

Any useful investment advice about TrustBanc? dey seem to be doing better than everyone else, but with a low cap of N1.5B.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nice2023(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2023
emmasoft:

In addition to all @freeman67 has said I want to say that your thinking of 100k being too small is what has made many people remain without a single investment today. They think 5,000, 20,000, or even 100,000 is too small to start with hence they never stated. You can never finish a race that never started.

Why did you think most of the fund managers reduced their initial deposit to 5,000? it's a message they are trying to pass across to everyone that nothing is too small when it comes to savings and investment. All that is needed when it comes to investment is not only the amount involved but rather it's consistency and compounding. you can never go wrong when there is consistency and compounding of interest especially in low-risk investments like MMF.

Please continue with your investment and top up as much as you can and when you can. Be deliberate and intentional about it. You will be amazed after some time what the little amount has turned into. Remember the value of 1 in a million!

If I tell that guys how I started this life with a meagre sum of 300k and what it has become today,it will shock him.

The message is,don't under-estimate the power of starting small.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by Nice2023(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2023
adetunrayo:
Hello,

Please how do one withdraw from ARM mutual account.

I have been trying without success.

OTP did not drop on my phone number.

Thanks

Call them.
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nice2023:

If I tell that guys how I started this life with a meagre sum of 300k and what it has become today,it will shock him.

The message is,don't under-estimate the power of starting small.

Please share your story for us to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Nice2023(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
NL1960:

Please share your story for us to learn.

The truth is that,I have been able use 300k to make close to 110million naira in 11years.

No one should ever under rate himself nor underestimate the power of small amount of money in this life.

I am a living example.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mutual Funds by amordi: 4:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nice2023:

The truth is that,I have been able use 300k to make close to 110million naira in 11years.

No one should ever under rate himself nor underestimate the power of small amount of money in this life.

I am a living example.
I don't understand. We need clarification pls

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Nice2023(m): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2023
amordi:
I don't understand. We need clarification pls

I have summarised it for u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by amordi: 4:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nice2023:

I have summarised it for u.
It's not a summary. Let's know how you achieved this so that we can learn.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by nwacprosper(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
070 607 13 727
Please WhatsApp chat me, am interested

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by nwacprosper(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
emmasoft:

They have been around for five years. SEC-regulated and into Asset mgt, pension, insurance (They bought over international Energy Insurance), etc. They have offices in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
You can also check up on the SEC website.

Parties to the fund:
Fund manager: Norrenberger
Custodian bank: Stanbic
Trustees: DLM Trustees
Kindly chat me up if you decide to go along with us after registration or if you need further clarification
Note that account opening is free.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 5:10am On Nov 22, 2023
Team MMF our time has come, as treasury bills rate go high, MMF rates will follow, if you are have invested in fixed income fund or equities fund now may be a good time to rotate back your portfolio to MMF.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
ernie4life:
Team MMF our time has come, as treasury bills rate go high, MMF rates will follow, if you are have invested in fixed income fund or equities fund now may be a good time to rotate back your portfolio to MMF.

Thanks for the heads up. What rate should we be expecting?
Re: Mutual Funds by playces: 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2023
T bills has been on the high side while MMF still crawling at 10 percent.
Re: Mutual Funds by Tohmey(m): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2023
playces:
T bills has been on the high side while MMF still crawling at 10 percent.
Humm
What is the current rate of SfsFund
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
Tohmey:

Humm
What is the current rate of SfsFund

No doubt Tbills is a major underlying asset of MMF. However, the rate change is not automatic. It doesn't mean that the day tbills rate rise it will happen with MMF. It's has to do with revalution of the assets. Definitely increase in tbills rate will have a positive effect on MMF which we are already witnessing. Just hold on, in a short while increase in tbills rate will reflect more on MMF.

Have you noticed that the MMF rates have been higher than tbills rates for the greater part of this year? Moreover the benchmark for MMF rate is always the 90 days tbills rate.

By the way SFS is 10.02% as at today.

MMF or Fixed income fund remain a low risk investment that all investors can always falll back on when the going gets tough with the much riskier investment windows. It's also a very good point for newbies to dive into the world of investment because your fingers can never get burnt.
Again MMF becomes handy when it comes to building emergency fund.

9 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by playces: 6:27am On Nov 24, 2023
emmasoft:

No doubt Tbills is a major underlying asset of MMF. However, the rate change is not automatic. It doesn't mean that the day tbills rate rise it will happen with MMF. It's has to do with revalution of the assets. Definitely increase in tbills rate will have a positive effect on MMF which we are already witnessing. Just hold on, in a short while increase in tbills rate will reflect more on MMF.

Have you noticed that the MMF rates have been higher than tbills rates for the greater part of this year? Moreover the benchmark for MMF rate is always the 90 days tbills rate.

MMF or Fixed income fund remain a low risk investment that all investors can always falll back on when the going gets tough with the much riskier investment windows. It's also a very good point for newbies to dive into the world of investment because your fingers can never get burnt.

Thank you for this explanation.
Re: Mutual Funds by egojeny1(f): 10:46am On Nov 24, 2023
emmasoft:

Stanbic MMF rate today 10.70%

I am happy
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 10:51am On Nov 24, 2023
egojeny1:

Stanbic MMF rate today 10.70%

I am happy

Not only you o.

I added to mine yesterday. Will go and add more this afternoon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.