Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960723 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2023
EduC:

But fixed income fund doesn't compound but MMF does, right?

Both compound, it depends on the investor's choice at the point of account opening, if you opt for reinvestment for either MMF or Fixed income it will compound otherwise your interest is paid to your bank account at the end of each quarter.

To open fixed income fund click the second link on my signature and first link if you want to open MMF account or chat me up if you need further clarification.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2023
Blinkingbae:
Someone used my referral link on stanbic mutual fund to register but am not seeing it as part of my referral list. What could be the issue?

Sometimes it's system glitch. It will still reflect if the link was used, you will noticed that your points would have increased.
Re: Mutual Funds by enque(f): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2023
EduC:

But fixed income fund doesn't compound but MMF does, right?

It does.
Quarterly

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by brijibs: 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
aremso:

If your salary is 100k plus lock in 10m if rate is 10%. Do the rest of the calculations if i earn 1m monthly.

Compliments of the season.
Does this mean the interest of 10% is paid monthly? I thought it was annually?
Re: Mutual Funds by brijibs: 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
Investment Gurus in the house, please help.
If I invest 100k, how much profit should I expect monthly?
Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
brijibs:
Investment Gurus in the house, please help.
If I invest 100k, how much profit should I expect monthly?

If interest rate is 10%, you will get:

Daily Interest = (100,000 * 10 ) / (365 * 100) = 27.62

Then multiply that by number of days in the particular month to get the monthly Interest.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2023
Blinkingbae:
Someone used my referral link on stanbic mutual fund to register but am not seeing it as part of my referral list. What could be the issue?

Na their way be ooo. That referral link na for decoration.

emmasoft:

Sometimes it's system glitch. It will still reflect if the link was used, you will noticed that your points would have increased.

Nooo. Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited is fund of that. Except for you guys that are working with them directly. I remember opening an account opening an account for a relation and putting my referral code in 2022. Credited the account with 1M and it became operational. Up till now, after 1 year it has not reflect even after sending them several reminders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by brijibs: 6:39am On Dec 25, 2023
NL1960:

If interest rate is 10%, you will get:

Daily Interest = (100,000 * 10 ) / (365 * 100) = 27.62

Then multiply that by number of days in the particular month to get the monthly Interest.

Thanks so much for the clarification.
Re: Mutual Funds by Saheed69(m): 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2023
Please if you have investment with SFS please always endeavour to calculate your ROI and make sure what's on your dashboard is the same thing with your calculations.
Re: Mutual Funds by enque(f): 12:53am On Dec 26, 2023
Saheed69:
Please if you have investment with SFS please always endeavour to calculate your ROI and make sure what's on your dashboard is the same thing with your calculations.

Did you notice anything you'd like to share?
Re: Mutual Funds by sonofthunder: 8:59am On Dec 26, 2023
Hello gurus on the house, I'm quite new to mutual funds investment. Can you share some of the good companies to invest with for mutual funds and their current rates?

Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2023
sonofthunder:
Hello gurus on the house, I'm quite new to mutual funds investment. Can you share some of the good companies to invest with for mutual funds and their current rates?

Thanks

For money market fund go with Stanbic, for Fixed income go with SFS Capital, for dollar fund go with Norrenberger and for stocks go with Investment one.

To open an account for any of them click the links on my signature. My numbers are also displayed you can call/chat with me for details or a guide.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mutual Funds by Harshreality: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2023
Does anyone invest with Trustbanc money market fund?

If not, why?
Re: Mutual Funds by sonofthunder: 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
emmasoft:

For money market fund go with Stanbic, for Fixed income go with SFS Capital, for dollar fund go with Norrenberger and for stocks go with Investment one.

To open an account for any of them click the links on my signature. My numbers are also displayed you can call/chat with me for details or a guide.

Okay sir, thanks for this short guide. I'll reach out later. Do you work with any of these organisations?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2023
sonofthunder:

Okay sir, thanks for this short guide. I'll reach out later. Do you work with any of these organisations?

I'm in partnership with them as a sales rep.
Re: Mutual Funds by sonofthunder: 4:36pm On Dec 26, 2023
emmasoft:

I'm in partnership with them as a sales rep.

Okay sir
Re: Mutual Funds by JEmma1(m): 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2023
emmasoft:

Dollar funds has eurobonds as the underlying asset hence your capital is not guaranteed as it's with money market fund.

However, it's a good hedge against inflation with a long term in view.

You can come over to stanbic MMF where you have monthly reinvestment of accrued interest.

To start, click the link on my signature and register.
As you click, pick money market fund and click buy now. Choose tier 3 as against tier1.
Teir 3 has no limit while tier 1 is limited such that you can not have investment beyond 200k in your account or top up with more than 20k at a time.

Call or chat me if you need more clarification.

Please what the interest on dollar funds, I’m considering starting one, and what’s the administration fees like ?
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 7:44am On Dec 28, 2023
JEmma1:

Please what the interest on dollar funds, I’m considering starting one, and what’s the administration fees like ?

Depends on the firm. It's in the range of 6 to 11+
in the industry. For Norrenberger Dollar fund It's 11.27%.
Re: Mutual Funds by Mrluv(m): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2023
emmasoft:

how much would i get at the of the month id invest 1 million in mmf
Re: Mutual Funds by JEmma1(m): 11:45am On Dec 28, 2023
emmasoft:

Thanks 🙏

I’m hearing of Norrenberger Dollar funds for the first time. Have done this with them before? I’ll also look them up.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2023
Mrluv:
how much would i get at the of the month id invest 1 million in mmf
Going by current rate on Stanbic MMF ie 11.39%
Rough estimate will be 113,900 which gives 9,491.66 monthly.

Please note this is just an estimate, going by current positive outlook in the industry, you will get more than that.

Remember to click the first link on my signature to register for Stanbic MMF
Re: Mutual Funds by Godspeed0: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2023
emmasoft:

Going by current rate on Stanbic MMF ie 11.39%
Rough estimate will be 113,900 which gives 9,491.66 monthly.

Please note this is just an estimate, going by current positive outlook in the industry, you will get more than that.

Remember to click the first link on my signature to register for Stanbic MMF
you mean i would get 9k every month
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 6:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
Godspeed0:
you mean i would get 9k every month

Yes
Re: Mutual Funds by Godspeed0: 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2023
emmasoft:

Yes
too poor i was expecting something like 100k risking 1 million for 9k is not encouraging
Re: Mutual Funds by emmasoft(m): 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2023
Godspeed0:
too poor i was expecting something like 100k risking 1 million for 9k is not encouraging

For a money market fund, an investment that is almost risk free, and a Government control investment? Your expectation is not realistic. Even some riskier form of investment may not be able to give you 10% in one month.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2023
Godspeed0:

10% in a month is 120% per annum. Maybe you should try MMM.

8 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by FuckingNaira: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2023
Godspeed0:
Lols dey play. . . .
A land which was purchase and built house for a rent, cant even generate 4% p.a of the total money spent on the land and the building.

5 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by seyisanya(m): 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
Godspeed0:
Haaa, Lol grin
Re: Mutual Funds by Godspeed0: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2023
FuckingNaira:

Lols dey play. . . .
A land which was purchase and built house for a rent, cant even generate 4% p.a of the total money spent on the land and the building.
boss you self check am the money small naa not even 20k how do they caculate it sef
Re: Mutual Funds by JEmma1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2023
Godspeed0:

Mutual funds is the safest form of investment since your capital and interest is guaranteed. The best interest you can get now is 10-11% per annum. Stock market can give you as high as 20 - 50% per month if you can spot the right company to invest in, but the risk of loosing your capital is just as high.

If you really interested in investment, you need to understand that your capital, the period you are investing for and the principle of compound interest (investing for a long period say 5 to 10 years) maters.
Re: Mutual Funds by adejo007(m): 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
Watoni2T is a scammer. Guys, don't fall for it.

Check the post:

https://www.nairaland.com/7952469/watoni2t-scammer-ordeal
Re: Mutual Funds by ogawisdom(m): 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2023
Do they tax interest on MMF?

On the compounding aspect does it mean if i invested 1000000 and it earns 300 daily then after day one the next interest will be calculated on principal of 1000300?

Trying to make a return to MMF with Stanbic, left for fixed income for some time now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.