Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,360 members, 7,839,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (967343 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
tradepunter:
Mutual funds very funny investment in naija... Worked at the core and realize how mad money is made and yet they use technical jargon to sell dreams to wannabe investors.. I dy use my 2milla steady on odds of 1.02-1.10 twice a week, and am living good... People might say it's crazy stuff but hey nah my cash and I chose it over mutual funds

Who is this one again?, why come and sell ignorance to this group. I have been doing mutual fund for at least 10years, and opened another this week. It's an investment without stories and fears, you also see a magical growth in finaces, the first 2 years look like thrash, but by d 5th year, u become amazed at the possibilities.

Don't let the scammers fool you.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Partnerbiz3: 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Smh

So you risk 2 mil cos of 40k?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
RedCapChief:

I checked the investment-one website. There is no indication that the Vantage Fund pays 24.58%

I don't think they usually upload yields of their funds on their website but you can check fman.com
Re: Mutual Funds by beyolah: 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
Is there a minimum balance for the stanbic mmf account?
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

So you risk 2 mil cos of 40k?

I think you quote the wrong person

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 12:35am On Sep 06, 2017
NoQualms1:

Hello, please I have urgent need for money and want take out part of my capital in Stanbic MMF. How do I go about it without going to the bank? Also, how long does it take to get the money in my account? I have the mobile app. Thanks.
Hi, sorry this might be a little late reply;

you can withhdraw by filling the REDEMPTION FORM, scan it and email it to the funds email.
(its in the emails they have been sending you)

NB: you must have filled the email authorization form while opening the account fro this to work

It takes upto 5 working days to receive the money back in your registered bank acct

thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by sabanageorge(f): 6:44am On Sep 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by NoQualms1(f): 6:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
RealityShot:

Hi, sorry this might be a little late reply;

you can withhdraw by filling the REDEMPTION FORM, scan it and email it to the funds email.
(its in the emails they have been sending you)

NB: you must have filled the email authorization form while opening the account fro this to work

It takes upto 5 working days to receive the money back in your registered bank acct

thank you

Thanks for the reply. I used their mobile app and got the money within one working day.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
sabanageorge:

I have 8 figure investment spread across 3 different mutual funds company. I'd suggest you spread your investment. While mutual funds are safe because of the commodity that is backing them, you also have to exercise some caution mainly because the company can go bankrupt one day (though I must say that's very unlikely because of their market capitalization). But there's still sense in being careful, i.e. not putting all your eggs in one basket.
Look at the top 3 mutual funds company and spread your investments.

How wise can a lady get. I had 2 mutuals fund and recent opened a 3rd with Stanbic. Mutual funds are very "safe", but d safe is in quote, BGL is gone, it was an investment power house but unfortunately it's gone and gone for good, with investors millions trapped. I know several BGL finanancial Managers who are currently multimillionaires and out of paid jobs with d crash. Met one at a lounge and we exchange bitter words, he took investors money and has a house a house in GRA. Investors should be wise.

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by CuteRedd(f): 8:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
Pls I need information on Stanbic IBTC Guaranteed Investment Fund and their current rates
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
NoQualms1:

Thanks for the reply. I used their mobile app and got the money within one working day.
Now thats a good testimony for future reference!

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
RealityShot:

if you opened the account already:
then just log into the online office..
click TOP UP ..
it will direct you to select amount to add and pay with your ATM card via interswitch.

if you havent opened the account:
remeber to tick "reinvest interest"
when filling the form.

TIP: fill ALL the forms..for your convinience in the future

PLS I have not been able to Top Up through interswitch. Kindly explain more on that. Tks
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
NoQualms1:

PLS kindly explain how u used the mobile app for redemption
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 2:34am On Sep 07, 2017
adegokekemi:

PLS I have not been able to Top Up through interswitch. Kindly explain more on that. Tks
after selectin the amount to add..

there are 2 options for the transfer.. Select one, then the other.. One must work..

NB: you need a good browser like UCbrowser or chrome to do it on your phone

let us know where exactly you are having issues..

thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 07, 2017
RealityShot:

after selectin the amount to add..

there are 2 options for the transfer.. Select one, then the other.. One must work..

NB: you need a good browser like UCbrowser or chrome to do it on your phone

let us know where exactly you are having issues..

thank you

Firstly through mobile app ( ATM details) bt it gave a message to register for OTP and I tried to register bt it failed.
Secondly I used online quickteller but transferred me back to the ATM page again and gives the same message as above. Through that I got to know I suppose to register first with quickteller before using their service. I did that immeadiately and an email was sent for activation. After that I tried to TOP UP again bt it gave the same message.
Thirdly I decided to use the online account TOP UP but it directed me to password reset/forgot password page(nt login page).i tried it 3to 4 times but the same. Just wondering Y.
Later I learnt here that I can transfer from my phone and call my account officer . So I did it yesterday night and called him ds morning bt he said I should come over to the bank to fill a form and that's d main reason y I have been doing those online Top Up in order to avoid going to the bank.
I want a situation whereby if I have just small money like 20k I can Top Up online immediately without the hassle of going to the bank to fill a form
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 9:00am On Sep 07, 2017
adegokekemi:

Firstly through mobile app ( ATM details) bt it gave a message to register for OTP and I tried to register bt it failed.
Secondly I used online quickteller but transferred me back to the ATM page again and gives the same message as above. Through that I got to know I suppose to register first with quickteller before using their service. I did that immeadiately and an email was sent for activation. After that I tried to TOP UP again bt it gave the same message. .. Just wondering Y.
OTP= one Time Pin
it is sent to the phone number you used to open the fund acct.

you need to check that phone and use the OTP next time.

no need to register with quickTeller.

change your password to numbers only..Yes!

NOW.. YOU CAN scan and/or send proof of transfer to your account officer.

ASk him about that. Its another option.
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 9:17am On Sep 07, 2017
adegokekemi:

If he/she refuse to do the proof of payment ...

Just go to the website and look for the PURCHASE ORDER FORM. (you can ask Acct officer to send to you)

Print, Fill, scan and send the form back to him/her or just send it directly to mutualfunds@...ibtc.com

You dont have to go to the Bank ever.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 07, 2017
RealityShot:

OTP= one Time Pin

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 9:26am On Sep 07, 2017
adegokekemi:

i see!

you said putting the phone number you used to open the account there doenst register you?

if so, please take some time to visit the bank and report so they register and link your number for OTP.

when you get to the bank fill the purchase order form there.. Sorry for all this long thing.. grin
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 07, 2017
RealityShot:

i see!

you said putting the phone number you used to open the account there doenst register you?

if so, please take some time to visit the bank and report so they register and link your number for OTP.

when you get to the bank fill the purchase order form there.. Sorry for all this long thing.. grin
Thanks I will surely do that
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 07, 2017
RealityShot:
adegokekemi:

If he/she refuse to do the proof of payment ...

Just go to the website and look for the PURCHASE ORDER FORM. (you can ask Acct officer to send to you)

Print, Fill, scan and send the form back to him/her or just send it directly to mutualfunds@...ibtc.com

You dont have to go to the Bank ever.

Thanks for giving me your time to explain. I really appreciate
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 9:50am On Sep 07, 2017
adegokekemi:

You are welcome anytime.
Happy savings! Happy investing!

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by wellsaid(m): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
adegokekemi:

Concerning the OTP u need activate your phone number to be able to receive otp.

follow this instructions

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by wellsaid(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
RealityShot:

OTP= one Time Pin

How long does it take Stanbic to add funds to the MMF Account. I used their Mobile App to subscribe for more funds since 8.30am this morning but it is yet to reflect on my MMAF Balance .
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
wellsaid:

follow this instructions

OK. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
wellsaid:

follow this instructions
OK. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
wellsaid:

How long does it take Stanbic to add funds to the MMF Account. I used their Mobile App to subscribe for more funds since 8.30am this morning but it is yet to reflect on my MMAF Balance .
48hrs..

it will start counting from today even if it reflects on monday.

thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by wellsaid(m): 8:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
wellsaid:

This has been resolved. My MMF Account was updated around 5pm.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 08, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

Who is this one again?, why come and sell ignorance to this group. I have been doing mutual fund for at least 10years, and opened another this week. It's an investment without stories and fears, you also see a magical growth in finaces, the first 2 years look like thrash, but by d 5th year, u become amazed at the possibilities.

Don't let the scammers fool you.

You are a sponsored agent of mutual fund predators

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by cucumbar: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello,

How well and for how long can this mutual funds of a thing sustain a single guy that wants to quit his job and has like 35M invested in mutual funds?

Could it sustain someone that has been earning between 400k-500k monthly and does not want a drop in his standard of living?
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
cucumbar:
Hello,

How well and for how long can this mutual funds of a thing sustain a single guy that wants to quit his job and has like 35M invested in mutual funds?

Could it sustain someone that has been earning between 400k-500k monthly and does not want a drop in his standard of living?

You can start with TB which will fetch u more than 6m for a year then transfer it to MMF and start enjoying your monthly salary up to 500k without affecting your initial investment

5 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 2:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
sgtponzihater1:

How wise can a lady get. I had 2 mutuals fund and recent opened a 3rd with Stanbic. Mutual funds are very "safe", but d safe is in quote, BGL is gone, it was an investment power house but unfortunately it's gone and gone for good, with investors millions trapped. I know several BGL finanancial Managers who are currently multimillionaires and out of paid jobs with d crash. Met one at a lounge and we exchange bitter words, he took investors money and has a house a house in GRA. Investors should be wise.

With the strict and close regulations now in place with regards to the management of mutual funds, the chances of that happening now is far-fetched. Except you choose to go for the unregulated mouth-watering outfits out mimicking serious mutual funds like the ARM and IBTC MMF.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.