Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,585 members, 7,847,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:53 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (970073 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Partnerbiz3: 2:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
Investnow2017:

With the strict and close regulations now in place with regards to the management of mutual funds, the chances of that happening now is far-fetched. Except you choose to go for the unregulated mouth-watering outfits out mimicking serious mutual funds like the ARM and IBTC MMF.

You mean IBTC MMF is risky?
Re: Mutual Funds by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
Investnow2017:

With the strict and close regulations now in place with regards to the management of mutual funds, the chances of that happening now is far-fetched. Except you choose to go for the unregulated mouth-watering outfits out mimicking serious mutual funds like the ARM and IBTC MMF.

Stop being an obvious marketer

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Gaddaffi121(m): 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
Investnow2017:

You are right bro. Even banks cant fold up anyhow like in those days again. Its understandable to be a little scared because of past experiences, but the reality must be told too. ponzihater pls take note.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
cucumbar:
Hello,

How well and for how long can this mutual funds of a thing sustain a single guy that wants to quit his job and has like 35M invested in mutual funds?

Could it sustain someone that has been earning between 400k-500k monthly and does not want a drop in his standard of living?

I will recommend you buy treasury bills for one year, collect upfront interest and invest into mutual funds then you can be redeeming monthly to meet your monthly need.
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 09, 2017
Unable to login to my online account since yesterday PLS anybody with the same issue
Re: Mutual Funds by beyolah: 11:18am On Sep 09, 2017
adegokekemi:
Unable to login to my online account since yesterday PLS anybody with the same issue

I have the same issue with the ibtc app
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
beyolah:

I have the same issue with the ibtc app
OK. That means no cause for alarm
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
adegokekemi:

remember the email about an upgrage coming soon?

perhaps thats what they are doing.

Nairaruky: this guy is no fund promoter... sgtponzihater1(m):

And Sgt.. You should know Investnow2017.. Is also just an excited investor just like us!

Fact is Mutual Fund is no get rich quick system that can pay people to promote it.

i went to ibtc Asset management office.. They have only 3 workers in the building!

the officer asked me to help him "tell my friends"..

lol.. I just laughed...they dont pay people for that otherwise i would be earning some large wade for all those i have told..

This here is just to help others who are looking to secure their funds while they await the next "good" biz idea..

Partnerbiz3 though is a clear marketer of data bundles.. LMAO!

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Partnerbiz3: 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2017
RealityShot:

And Sgt.. You should know Investnow2017.. Is also just an excited investor just like us!

Fact is Mutual Fund is no get rich quick system that can pay people to promote it.

i went to ibtc Asset management office.. They have only 3 workers in the building!

lol.. I just laughed...they dont pay people for that otherwise i would be earning some large wade for all those i have told..

This here is just to help others who are looking to secure their funds while they await the next "good" biz idea..

Forget jor... you guys don't want to answer my question...
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
RealityShot:

Thanks for coming to my aid cheesy

After a friend lost N4m to all these ponzi scheme after failing to accept my criticism of them, i cannot stop being excited about any genuine investment that can guarantee capital preservation and meaningful interest.

It was all she had. Everyday now she is weeping and mourning her loss.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 5:40pm On Sep 09, 2017
Does anyone know the minimum amount First Bank accept to invest on Money Market Funds?
Re: Mutual Funds by Cation(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nobody is even talking about Asset and resource management company ARM. ..are they that bad?
Re: Mutual Funds by beyolah: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2017
adegokekemi:

No cause for alarm.
It's up now. I was just able to login.
Re: Mutual Funds by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
Partnerbiz3:

Forget jor... you guys don't want to answer my question...

They have answered your question, but it appears they didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.
Consult your bankers or Treasury Bills investment officers.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2017
beyolah:

No cause for alarm.
It's up now. I was just able to login.

Sorry couldn't get back. I was able to login in the midnight. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
dotcomnamename:
Does anyone know the minimum amount First Bank accept to invest on Money Market Funds?

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 10, 2017
dotcomnamename:

With a minimum and affordable starting investment of just N5,000, you can start investing in the FBN Money Market Fund. The Fund typically offers higher rates when compared to a standard bank savings account, and you can add more funds to your investment at any convenient time

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2017
ernie4life:

I will recommend you buy treasury bills for one year, collect upfront interest and invest into mutual funds then you can be redeeming monthly to meet your monthly need.

This is good advise y'all
Re: Mutual Funds by Ugosample(m): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2017
adegokekemi:

With a minimum and affordable starting investment of just N5,000, you can start investing in the FBN Money Market Fund. The Fund typically offers higher rates when compared to a standard bank savings account, and you can add more funds to your investment at any convenient time

That's cool.

They accept 5k

Which one will you recommend between FBN and IBTC?
Re: Mutual Funds by sonssyo(f): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
Please, if I invest on stanbic mutual funds, can I get my money with interest at the end of one month?
From what I read here, am becoming more confused
Re: Mutual Funds by chukzyfcbb: 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2017
cucumbar:
Hello,

How well and for how long can this mutual funds of a thing sustain a single guy that wants to quit his job and has like 35M invested in mutual funds?

Could it sustain someone that has been earning between 400k-500k monthly and does not want a drop in his standard of living?

of course it will
400-500k monthly for a year amounts to
4.8-6m per annum.

with the rates hovering at about 18%
35million should yield 6.3 million Gross!

That's still enough to meet up with his standard of living. However it's best u invest that sun in Tbills where you can lock in on the 18%. With money market fund, the rates could drop further affecting the yield from 6.3 to a lower sum.

Nevertheless, I don't suggest he quits the job

3 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ihedioramma: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

of course it will
400-500k monthly for a year amounts to
4.8-6m per annum.

with the rates hovering at about 18%
35million should yield 6.3 million Gross!

That's still enough to meet up with his standard of living. However it's best u invest that sun in Tbills where you can lock in on the 18%. With money market fund, the rates could drop further affecting the yield from 6.3 to a lower sum.

Nevertheless, I don't suggest he quits the job
What of one million ?
Re: Mutual Funds by ihedioramma: 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ugosample:

That's cool.

They accept 5k

5K ? And what will be the profit ?
Re: Mutual Funds by chukzyfcbb: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
ihedioramma:
What of one million ?
Regardless of the amount, its best to lock in on the present high rates in Tbills. If possible tick the re-invest option in your form to get a higher yield.

My take is that In money market funds, the rates aren't stable. You may get 18% today, next month it could be down to 16%.

But if you choose let's say 6months in Tbills, that rate is fixed through the whole of that 6months

Look at this FBN fact sheet.
and watch how yields dropped by 2% from November 2015 to December 2015

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ihedioramma: 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

They have answered your question, but it appears they didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.
Consult your bankers or Treasury Bills investment officers.
Tech me about this money market fund ?
Re: Mutual Funds by ihedioramma: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

Regardless of the amount, its best to lock in on the present high rates in Tbills. If possible tick the re-invest option in your form to get a higher yield.

My take is that In money market funds, the rates aren't stable. You may get 18% today, next month it could be down to 16%.

But if you choose let's say 6months in Tbills, that rate is fixed through the whole of that 6months

Look at this FBN fact sheet.
and watch how yields dropped by 2% from November 2015 to December 2015
OK Thank's . please teach me about money market fund how it work and how to make profit e.t.c small, small please ? .

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by chukzyfcbb: 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2017
ihedioramma:
Tech me about this money market fund ?
in lay mans terms, its simply an vehicle where the investment company pools funds from different investors and help to invest on their behalf on low risks assets, typically treasury bills, banker acceptances etc.

The screenshot I uploaded above, shows where the funds of investors are going to.
from that pic above u see that about 46% of the funds are going to Tbills, 40% to bank deposits and 9.9% to commercial papers. with this you know where your money is going to.

There are different departments, if I am to use that word. like fixed income fund or balanced fund, these ones have low-mid level risk because funds here go into the stock market.
.Most people prefer the Money market fund because of its low risk!

You can check up The websites of these Fund managers eg First bank. stanbic ibtc, arm etc to learn better.

Below is the factsheet from first bank 2015 (using this as an illustration)..
- You see where the funds are going to in the pie chart
- You see the yield on a month-month basis
- You see the charges and read the news affecting yields

Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2017
Ugosample:

That's cool.

They accept 5k

I'm using stanbic very OK. I think they have the highest for money market
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2017
sonssyo:
Please, if I invest on stanbic mutual funds, can I get my money with interest at the end of one month?
From what I read here, am becoming more confused

Yes after 30days
Re: Mutual Funds by ihedioramma: 4:57pm On Sep 10, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

in lay mans terms, its simply an vehicle where the investment company pools funds from different investors and help to invest on their behalf on low risks assets, typically treasury bills, banker acceptances etc.

The screenshot I uploaded above, shows where the funds of investors are going to.
from that pic above u see that about 46% of the funds are going to Tbills, 40% to bank deposits and 9.9% to commercial papers. with this you know where your money is going to.

There are different departments, if I am to use that word. like fixed income fund or balanced fund, these ones have low-mid level risk because funds here go into the stock market.
.Most people prefer the Money market fund because of its low risk!

You can check up The websites of these Fund managers eg First bank. stanbic ibtc, arm etc to learn better.
Thank's . if i invest #20,000 in this money market fund with low risk, like how much profit will i make (two examples please )?
Re: Mutual Funds by chukzyfcbb: 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2017
ihedioramma:
Thank's . if i invest #20,000 in this money market fund with low risk, like how much profit will i make (two examples please )?
using 18% as an example
u will get #200naira each month.

if the rates remain at 18% for October, 200naira will be added again
Re: Mutual Funds by chukzyfcbb: 5:07pm On Sep 10, 2017
adegokekemi:

I'm using stanbic very OK. I think they have the highest for money market
what's the present rate at stanbic?

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (322) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.