Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (961679 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by naijaobi(m): 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
olyrayy:

Oh. I was thinking you or some other oga should have a website around this... and then, after growing an audience, create an informational product on mutual funds. A lot of people (me inclusive) would prefer to buy a product with all the necessary information instead of reading this thread from page 0 to 70...
So this forum is not enough for you?

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by olyrayy(m): 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2018
naijaobi:

So this forum is not enough for you?

Well... If I had to choose between spending one month reading from page 0 to 70, and getting a paid product I can consume in 7 days, I'll go for a paid product. I place a money value on my time undecided

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by r4blessing: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
olyrayy:

Well... If I had to choose between spending one month reading from page 0 to 70, and getting a paid product I can consume in 7 days, I'll go for a paid product. I place a money value on my time undecided
u need one month to read just 70 pages. Wow
Re: Mutual Funds by prestige2013: 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
Stanbic...... wat is d difference btw Gains n net inflow amount?

Re: Mutual Funds by Dayhor: 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2018
prestige2013:
Stanbic......
wat is d difference btw Gains n net inflow amount?

Gain = Interest Accrued
Net Inflow = Principal

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by prestige2013: 6:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Dayhor:

Gain = Interest Accrued
Net Inflow = Principal

That was not my initial Principal from the onset and the gain is its from the onset or what duration?
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 7:10am On Apr 21, 2018
I think its time to move some part of funds to Equity Funds.

what do you think?

remember this:
https://nairametrics.com/5-nigerian-mutual-funds-beat-market-2017/

Fund Name: Stanbic IBTC Nigerian Equity Fund
Asset Allocation: Min 75% Equities Max 25% Fixed Income
Guarantee: None
Handling Charges: 2% of redemption proceeds (if investments are redeemed within the first three months)
Investment Horizon: Long-term
Investment Objective: Capital appreciation
Minimum Investment: NGN 50,000.00
Nominal Value: N1,000.00
Redemption: Within 5 working days
Restricted Investment: None
Risk: Investors with High Risk Appetite
Subsequent Investment : NGN 20,000.00
Re: Mutual Funds by Dayhor: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
prestige2013:

That was not my initial Principal from the onset and the gain is its from the onset or what duration?

Gains = Total interest accrued since account opening

Inflow Net = Initial principal + paid interest
Re: Mutual Funds by Dayhor: 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
RealityShot:
I think its time to move some part of funds to Equity Funds.

what do you think?

Equity traded funds have seemed like the Russian Roulette the whole of 2018 tho. Only a couple of investment managing firms - literally- have posted impressive year-to-date returns. Majority of them, and in fact the big players, have been posting returns far worse than money market funds have posted this year.
Other equity fund investors should come and share their 2018 experience with the forum tho.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by silaxx(m): 10:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
Wanna earn free bitcoin?? If yes, then chat me up on telegram

https:///am_nobody

NOTE: It 100% free
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 12:42am On Apr 22, 2018
Dayhor:

Equity traded funds have seemed like the Russian Roulette the whole of 2018 tho. Only a couple of investment managing firms - literally- have posted impressive year-to-date returns. Majority of them, and in fact the big players, have been posting returns far worse than money market funds have posted this year.
Other equity fund investors should come and share their 2018 experience with the forum tho.
I see..
So what rates have you gotten so far and which find is that?
Thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by Dayhor: 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
RealityShot:
I see..
So what rates have you gotten so far and which find is that?
Thank you

Someone analyzed the ETFs here: https://nairametrics.com/top-5-mutual-funds-in-nigeria-as-at-march-29-2018/

The earliest investors of the year have reaped returns much better than MMFs’.
In my opinion however, the last couple of months have not been the best to invest as the stock market hasn’t looked like it would emulate its 2017 performance.
The effect of the upcoming general elections and the current global oil price recovery on the stock market performance, going forward, are also not clear.
So, it would seem probably quite late and riskier to get in henceforth. But it might be impressive if someone could get their level of portfolio diversification right, and bet on the externalities of investing being favourable.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2018
Investment one is doing an IPO for vantage dollar fund and vantage equity income fund starting today 23rd April

check the link below to read more details on the two funds and what they are offering.

https://www.investment-one.com/funds-management/mutual-funds/vantage-dollar-fund/

https://www.investment-one.com/funds-management/mutual-funds/vantage-equity-income-fund/
Re: Mutual Funds by slegerman(m): 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
My people, why will it take Stanbic 5days to credit your redemption while others like Investment One will credit you within 4 hours.

I have checked their rates, Investment One is slightly higher. With Investment One, I have a dedicated account officer who personally knows me and attend to my queries all the time. why should I still continue with Stanbic? It is time to move all funds to Investment One. Or is there any advantage Stanbic have over investment one that am not seeing?

Why time matters to me is because am a business man. A business may present itself which I need money to exexute and most time, the business opportunity may not be available up to 5 days before another person hijack am.

I am seriously thinking of moving, if someone have an opinion why i shouldn't, please enlighten me.
Re: Mutual Funds by shegonchy(m): 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
ernie4life:
Investment one is doing an IPO for vantage dollar fund and vantage equity income fund starting today 23rd April

check the link below to read more details on the two funds and what they are offering.

https://www.investment-one.com/funds-management/mutual-funds/vantage-dollar-fund/

https://www.investment-one.com/funds-management/mutual-funds/vantage-equity-income-fund/
Pls can you give us info about this investment one as it regards its performance
Re: Mutual Funds by kaikubura: 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
ernie4life:

Please help explain what the vantage equity income fund is all about I.e interest rate, principal preservation.
I went through the link but didn't understand the financial jargons. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 6:02am On Apr 24, 2018
Dayhor:

Someone analyzed the ETFs here: https://nairametrics.com/top-5-mutual-funds-in-nigeria-as-at-march-29-2018/

The earliest investors of the year have reaped returns much better than MMFs’.
In my opinion however, the last couple of months have not been the best to invest as the stock market hasn’t looked like it would emulate its 2017 performance.
The effect of the upcoming general elections and the current global oil price recovery on the stock market performance, going forward, are also not clear.
So, it would seem probably quite late and riskier to get in henceforth. But it might be impressive if someone could get their level of portfolio diversification right, and bet on the externalities of investing being favourable.
thank you
Re: Mutual Funds by RealityShot: 6:05am On Apr 24, 2018
slegerman:
My people, why will it take Stanbic 5days to credit your redemption while others like Investment One will credit you within 4 hours.

I have checked their rates, Investment One is slightly higher. With Investment One, I have a dedicated account officer who personally knows me and attend to my queries all the time. why should I still continue with Stanbic? It is time to move all funds to Investment One. Or is there any advantage Stanbic have over investment one that am not seeing?

Why time matters to me is because am a business man. A business may present itself which I need money to exexute and most time, the business opportunity may not be available up to 5 days before another person hijack am.

I am seriously thinking of moving, if someone have an opinion why i shouldn't, please enlighten me.
you can have your own personal officer if you go to any stanbic asset management office.

I have one from my local office.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by slegerman(m): 7:35am On Apr 24, 2018
RealityShot:
you can have your own personal officer if you go to any stanbic asset management office.

I have one from my local office.

Thanks brother. I need to do that because I think it will hasten things

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:36am On Apr 24, 2018
shegonchy:

Pls can you give us info about this investment one as it regards its performance

Investment one financial services Limited was formerly GTB Asset management before CBN instructed banks to either form a holding company with there subsidiaries or let the subsidiaries stand alone, it was at this point that the like of FBN changed to FBNH, from what I heard GTB didn't want that so they let their subsidiaries stand alone leading to the likes of GTB assurance turning to Mansard, GTB registrars is now data max registrars and GTB asset management is now investment one financial services limited you can read up more on their website www.investment-one.com.

over the years their business have grown, they have one of the best rated stock trading platform that they call easy trade, so far so good they have performed well but please don't take my word still do your research to confirm if its all true
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:50am On Apr 24, 2018
kaikubura:

Please help explain what the vantage equity income fund is all about I.e interest rate, principal preservation.
I went through the link but didn't understand the financial jargons. Thanks in anticipation

From what I read the fund is structured in such a way that it invest into stocks that over the past 5 years pay regular dividend while a small portion of the fund will go to fixed income to insure that investors risk exposure is moderate.
its an equity fund so you cant expect them to quote a rate but they have a forecast with a financial statement.
Re: Mutual Funds by ImperialCovfefe: 10:53am On Apr 24, 2018
ernie4life:

Investment one financial services Limited was formerly GTB Asset management before CBN instructed banks to either form a holding company with there subsidiaries or let the subsidiaries stand alone, it was at this point that the like of FBN changed to FBNH, from what I heard GTB didn't want that so they let their subsidiaries stand alone leading to the likes of GTB assurance turning to Mansard, GTB registrars is now data max registrars and GTB asset management is now investment one financial services limited you can read up more on their website www.investment-one.com.

over the years their business have grown, they have one of the best rated stock trading platform that they call easy trade, so far so good they have performed well but please don't take my word still do your research to confirm if its all true

Bro,

What’s the minimum amount required to procure Nigerian Corporate bonds (naira) using IONE?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

Bro,

What’s the minimum amount required to procure Nigerian Corporate bonds (naira) using IONE?

$200k
Re: Mutual Funds by ImperialCovfefe: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2018
ernie4life:

$200k

Please verify. Not Eurobonds, but naira corporate bond.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

Please verify. Not Eurobonds, but naira corporate bond.

Thank you for pointing out the error in my answer.

We brokerage Corporate bond only when they are on sale and at that point the minimum is determined by what minimum the company is accepting.
Re: Mutual Funds by ImperialCovfefe: 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2018
ernie4life:

Thank you for pointing out the error in my answer.

We brokerage Corporate bond only when they are on sale and at that point the minimum is determined by what minimum the company is accepting.

Thank you for your helpful response.

I am interested. Should I pm, or you would keep the house updated when there is a public offer?

I think UPDC, C&I leasing, Wema, and Dangote Cement are all mulling raising debt capital this year.
Re: Mutual Funds by dotcomnamename: 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
NOTICE:

Do not send your hard earned money to total stranger. Visit or contact any investment company directly by yourself through their official website/contact details.

5 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:09am On Apr 25, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

Thank you for your helpful response.

I am interested. Should I pm, or you would keep the house updated when there is a public offer?

I think UPDC, C&I leasing, Wema, and Dangote Cement are all mulling raising debt capital this year.

You can pm me so I can have your mail,
Once you hear of any on sale you can just let me know so I give you the details or if any is on offer I can also let you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by ImperialCovfefe: 9:13am On Apr 25, 2018
ernie4life:

You can pm me so I can have your mail,
Once you hear of any on sale you can just let me know so I give you the details or if any is on offer I can also let you know

Thanks, bro
Re: Mutual Funds by funlord(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by onyechimereze1: 10:28am On Apr 26, 2018
Hello people, i have some money in my mmf and i deposited money into my savings account in Stanbic Ibtc, now i want to add it to my MMF account. is there any way i can do this using the app or must i visit one of the branches..

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.