Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Mutual Funds - Investment (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (956724 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by cybertek(m): 11:34am On Apr 26, 2018
onyechimereze1:
Hello people, i have some money in my mmf and i deposited money into my savings account in Stanbic Ibtc, now i want to add it to my MMF account. is there any way i can do this using the app or must i visit one of the branches..
You can transfer to mmf account number and upload or use ur credit/debit card to pay
Re: Mutual Funds by anori: 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
onyechimereze1:
Hello people, i have some money in my mmf and i deposited money into my savings account in Stanbic Ibtc, now i want to add it to my MMF account. is there any way i can do this using the app or must i visit one of the branches..

Just go to the Funds on the side menu and then subscribe. Its straight forward and the money will reflect by the end of the day latest the next morning.
Re: Mutual Funds by tunde4top(m): 7:29am On Apr 27, 2018
Hello my people. I did an online redemption on Stanbic MMF since on Tuesday's morning and my money is yet to drop in my bank account. Does it take long like this ?. My experience in the past has always been withing 24-48 hours.
Re: Mutual Funds by sammily(m): 8:19am On Apr 27, 2018
tunde4top:
Hello my people. I did an online redemption on Stanbic MMF since on Tuesday's morning and my money is yet to drop in my bank account. Does it take long like this ?. My experience in the past has always been withing 24-48 hours.

On their redemption form, its states within 5 working days, so be patience a little as it's still within the time limit.
Re: Mutual Funds by tunde4top(m): 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
sammily:

On their redemption form, its states within 5 working days, so be patience a little as it's still within the time limit.

Ok. Thanks. I will wait and see.
Re: Mutual Funds by amaham(m): 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2018
Just hive them a call. Online redemption should be 48hrs max
Re: Mutual Funds by suyamasta(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2018
Has anyone tried Renmoney investment here? whats your opinion about Renmoney??
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2018
suyamasta:

Haven't heard of anybody trying it here.. Only their marketers come here once in a while in different guise.
Re: Mutual Funds by suyamasta(m): 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2018
freeman67:

Haven't heard of anybody trying it here.. Only their marketers come here once in a while in different guise.
Ok
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2018
suyamasta:

Renmoney is a micro finance institution that gives out facilities/loan to small scale enterprises. They also collect funds/deposit.
The charge around 5% monthly on most of their loans.
That's the bit I know
Re: Mutual Funds by suyamasta(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
ernie4life:

Renmoney is a micro finance institution that gives out facilities/loan to small scale enterprises. They also collect funds/deposit.
The charge around 5% monthly on most of their loans.
That's the bit I know
Ok thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by michellez(f): 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2018
I hear they offer more than what banks offer on fixed deposit for investments over 1m naira.
suyamasta:
Re: Mutual Funds by suyamasta(m): 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
michellez:
I hear they offer more than what banks offer on fixed deposit for investments over 1m naira.
Yea i saw a google ad by them promising about 18% and i wonder why it is not popular i am also checking to see reviews
Re: Mutual Funds by brayan(m): 7:33pm On May 01, 2018
Hello
So i am actually intrested in investing in equity for the long term and passively but am in quite a fix in choosing between mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETF's)
So i would like to know from the gurus in the house which is preferable especially long term
Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2018
please help. I did a top up on my mmf with Stanbic ibtc.till date, it has not reflected while I have been debited
Re: Mutual Funds by IHelp: 4:34pm On May 02, 2018
yak:
please help. I did a top up on my mmf with Stanbic ibtc.till date, it has not reflected while I have been debited

Which day was the transaction done?
Re: Mutual Funds by hilaryxoxo(f): 6:14pm On May 02, 2018
I am seeing a lot of posts on this new investment one dollar fund...

Let me advise you based on experience. If you want to invest in a dollar fund aka Eurobond fund, DO NOT INVEST IN A NEW FUND! I REPEAT, DO NOT INVEST IN A NEW FUND!

The reason is this;

The fund is new, they have a lot of initial and regulatory fees that they are going to pay - this means that the rate you would get won't be as competitive as what's obtainable in the market. The fund won't even breakeven until about 6 months - 1 year - depending on the fund managers capability.

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by Wiseman456: 6:39pm On May 02, 2018
Based on your experience, which dollar fund do you recommend for a better rate?
hilaryxoxo:

Let me advise you based on experience. If you want to invest in a dollar fund aka Eurobond fund, DO NOT INVEST IN A NEW FUND! I REPEAT, DO NOT INVEST IN A NEW FUND!

The reason is this;

The fund is new, they have a lot of initial and regulatory fees that they are going to pay - this means that the rate you would get won't be as competitive as what's obtainable in the market. The fund won't even breakeven until about 6 months - 1 year - depending on the fund managers capability.
Re: Mutual Funds by hilaryxoxo(f): 6:50pm On May 02, 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by Enyenihi: 8:55pm On May 02, 2018
So guys, recently i stumbled across a gold mine... A fixed deposit that seems very competitive compared to most i've seen.
Almost thought it was a scam... But its d truth shocked. For more details and interpretation of the rates (for rookies), you can reach me on 08052296606 - Samuel. Here's the rate guide for the Bank. grin

Re: Mutual Funds by Buffalowings3(m): 10:09pm On May 02, 2018
Ok
Let me post this here
Here is a quaterly statement i got from Ecobank mutual funds

Started in 2016,
Read about it in newspapers
Got more info on here grin

Im contemplating withdrawing my money
Or leaving it still

I no trust this country grin

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 10:41pm On May 02, 2018
IHelp:

Which day was the transaction done?
29th April
Re: Mutual Funds by Wiseman456: 11:45pm On May 02, 2018
Please can you share the mode of application and return on investment. A look through their website is showing the page is unavailable
hilaryxoxo:

United Capital
Re: Mutual Funds by Buffalowings3(m): 8:01am On May 03, 2018
m
Re: Mutual Funds by IHelp: 9:27am On May 03, 2018
yak:

29th April
If the payment has not yet reflected by now, you have to contact the customer care.
Re: Mutual Funds by IHelp: 9:33am On May 03, 2018
Buffalowings3:
ARM is very stupid
They are charging my calls without even talking to representatives
Very useless
Customer service zero

How will i subscribe
And you will be telling me to dowmload your app to know my statement
When infact im to begin loading all my details again
sad
Im taking my money sad

The line is not toll free. Your network provider is charging you for the call.
You can drop your question here if it is not personal information while you try to reach them.
Re: Mutual Funds by Buffalowings3(m): 10:01am On May 03, 2018
IHelp:

The line is not toll free. Your network provider is charging you for the call.
You can drop your question here if it is not personal information while you try to reach them.
Thank you jare
You know say this country
You can trust institutions
Everyone is trying to pull one on you

Im resolving it grin cheesy
Re: Mutual Funds by kyussuff: 11:23am On May 03, 2018
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 12:05pm On May 03, 2018
hilaryxoxo:

The reason is this;

Yes the fund is new and will bear certain regulatory cost at the initial offer,
in fact its estimated at 1.78% of the offer size,
lets assume the funds performs a minimum of 6% in the first year,
if you take into account the initial regulatory fees that will be 6% - 1.78%= 4.22% that means the fund will surely break even

Also take into account the increase in demand for dollar denominated investments in Nigeria which is evident in way that FG euro bonds have seen an over subscription, there is a high tendency that this fund would be over subscribed which will reduce the effect of the initial regulatory fees.
Re: Mutual Funds by hilaryxoxo(f): 1:36pm On May 03, 2018
ernie4life:

Yes the fund is new and will bear certain regulatory cost at the initial offer,
in fact its estimated at 1.78% of the offer size,
lets assume the funds performs a minimum of 6% in the first year,
if you take into account the initial regulatory fees that will be 6% - 1.78%= 4.22% that means the fund will surely break even

Also take into account the increase in demand for dollar denominated investments in Nigeria which is evident in way that FG euro bonds have seen an over subscription, there is a high tendency that this fund would be over subscribed which will reduce the effect of the initial regulatory fees.

I absolutely disagree!!! You cannot compare the demand of an FGN eurobond to that of a mutual fund eurobond - especially considering the fact that its from Investment One. If it was an investment house like stanbic, i can understand. but investment one Nah bro. I advice you not to enter now.
Re: Mutual Funds by CallmeX: 1:58pm On May 03, 2018
ukay2:

Am currently investing in two money investments ...money market fund and guaranteed investment fund......

...........for money market fund....minimum investment is 50k per each addition.
for guaranteed investment fund. ...minimum investment is 20k per each addition...

For the factsheet....Google their website and contact their customer care services. .for more information.

I'm contemplating switching from stanbic mmf to Guaranteed Investment Fund. What is the current interest rate for the guaranteed investment fund?
Re: Mutual Funds by hilaryxoxo(f): 2:06pm On May 03, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (320) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.