Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (960283 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by eezeribe(m): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2018
xtain7:

That's nice Thanks man
You are welcome Bro...
Re: Mutual Funds by RAY12345(m): 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
xtain7:

Yes you can make a direct transfer to Stanbic ibtc acc
For local transfer of funds, kindly find listed below the receiving Bank details:

Receiving Bank: Stanbic IBTC Bank
Bank Location: Walter Carrington Crescent (WCC)
Sort Code: 221150014
Account Name: FIRST TRUSTEES/SIMM
Account number: 9202476223

Hello boss, do you know if there's a transfer charge to this payment method? Like quickteller, there's an extra 100 naira charge.
Re: Mutual Funds by AbbyE: 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
RAY12345:

Hello boss, do you know if there's a transfer charge to this payment method? Like quickteller, there's an extra 100 naira charge.

It's a normal transfer and normal transfer charges apply. If you don't want to get charged at all then you can pay via the app
Re: Mutual Funds by freeman67: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
RAY12345:

If you have a Stanbic IBTC bank account and you do the transfer from there it is free... Because that account is a Stanbic account. Do not forget that after the transfer you will still need to fill a form in that bank that would be sent to Stanbic asset management to notify them of you deposit.

Modify..
You can also scan and send the transfer receipt/proof through online platform by choosing the upload proof of investment option when logged in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by RAY12345(m): 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
AbbyE:

It's a normal transfer and normal transfer charges apply. If you don't want to get charged at all then you can pay via the app

Thanks

freeman67:

If you have a Stanbic IBTC bank account and you do the transfer from there it is free... Because that account is a Stanbic account. Do not forget that after the transfer you will still need to fill a form in that bank that would be sent to Stanbic asset management to notify them of you deposit.
That's like a long process tho unlike the quickteller route.
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
Please I am trying to redeem funds through the app and I am being asked my security answer without the app displaying the question. Is there any way I can see my security question? Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by xtain7: 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2018
haibe:
Please I am trying to redeem funds through the app and I am being asked my security answer without the app displaying the question. Is there any way I can see my security question? Thanks
Yes there's
Just screenshots where you having issues
Let me see how to assist you....
But in the Case where you're trying to set up a security questions if you have none
Try call the customer care Rep
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 8:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
xtain7:

Yes there's
Just screenshots where you having issues
Let me see how to assist you....
But in the Case where you're trying to set up a security questions if you have none
Try call the customer care Rep

I have set up a question, I just cant remember. How dp I see the question I set up
Re: Mutual Funds by AbbyE: 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
haibe:

You won't be able to retrieve on the app (at least not that I know of) but log in to the mobile site and try to redeem. Under where it asks for your security answer, you'd see where you can retrieve your security question

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2018
AbbyE:

You won't be able to rg
why
Re: Mutual Funds by AbbyE: 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2018
haibe:
why

Lol read my response again, I posted it without completing it
Re: Mutual Funds by yak(m): 9:12pm On Aug 06, 2018
the way rates are going south eh... seems we'll soon reach single digit
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
AbbyE:

You won't be able to retrieve on the app (at least not that I know of) but log in to the mobile site and try to redeem. Under where it asks for your security answer, you'd see where you can retrieve your security question

Thanks. Did you get this message on redemption? Any reason why the account number is showing N/A

Re: Mutual Funds by AbbyE: 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
haibe:

Thanks. Did you get this message on redemption? Any reason why the account number is showing N/A

It usually shows N/A but not worry, all is well..

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by texas1(m): 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
haibe:

It's OK. Your account will be credited ....

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by pinkgems(f): 8:38am On Aug 07, 2018
pinkgems:
Hi guys,
The contributions here have been really helpful.

I checked FMAN today for the yields and saw that Investment one Vantage Guaranteed Income Fund VGIF has the highest yield of 14.21%.
However, i haven't seen any information here as regarding this particular investment fund.

Will really like to know the if this 14% is the true yield, what is the characteristics of this fund(long run or short run investment) and any info you think I should know.

It will be kind if I can get a response to this. Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by prestige2013: 10:21am On Aug 07, 2018
haibe:

If u re using a phone app, your security question wont be display only d answer column will show, access the website via computer and your security question will be displayed. That was how i did mine if its not a long process.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 11:27am On Aug 07, 2018
pinkgems:

It will be kind if I can get a response to this. Thanks

I subscribe to this VGIF in May 2018 and was paid roughly 14.2% in 1st week of July.

So I think its the average of the daily rates posted on their website.

Hope this helps
Re: Mutual Funds by Toun2nl: 3:48am On Aug 08, 2018
irookie:

I subscribe to this VGIF in May 2018 and was paid roughly 14.2% in 1st week of July.

So I think its the average of the daily rates posted on their website.

Hope this helps
Is this net interest? Any idea about their mgt fees?
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 8:26am On Aug 08, 2018
haibe:

Can you tell us what the mgt fee and other deduction is? Do they deduct on redemption or on weekly interest accruals

The mgt fee/deduction is around 0.35% to 0.45%. (thats y i said they are not transparent)

They deduct on your daily interest, the interest paid is after their deduction and No they do no deduct on redemption, only the normal bank transfer charges.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2018
Toun2nl:

Is this net interest? Any idea about their mgt fees?

I think 0.05% of the accrued interest.

can someone confirm this?
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2018
irookie:

The mgt fee/deduction is around 0.35% to 0.45%. (thats y i said they are not transparent)

They deduct on your daily interest, the interest paid is after their deduction and No they do no deduct on redemption, only the normal bank transfer charges.

Hope this helps

Very helpful.

One more thing.

Which is the actual interest. Is it the difference between what I invested, and the actual amount I see on the app - or the interest written with a small font below that amount
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2018
haibe:

Very helpful.

One more thing.

Which is the actual interest. Is it the difference between what I invested, and the actual amount I see on the app - or the interest written with a small font below that amount

Yes to both, the difference between what you invested and the actual amount I see on the app is/should be thesame with the interest written with a small font below that amount.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2018
haibe:

Very helpful.

One more thing.

Also this might help...How I calculate my daily interest ( I do this once a week)

1. I find the difference between today's and yesterday's interest.
2. I divide the amount in (1) above by the the difference between the available balance and the available interest and multiply by 365 (days).
3. (2) above is the interest rate for that day and the difference between (2) above and the amount quoted on their website is their total % deduction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by AbbyE: 10:12am On Aug 08, 2018
haibe:

Very helpful.

One more thing.

The interest is the difference between what was invested and what you have now. It may not always be equal to what you can see on the app as interest because a part of it may have been reinvested as principal
Re: Mutual Funds by irookie(m): 10:20am On Aug 08, 2018
[quote author=AbbyE post=70089721]

The interest is the difference between what was invested and what you have now. It may not always be equal to what you can see on the app as interest because a part of it may have been reinvested as principal

Yes, very correct!
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 10:51am On Aug 08, 2018
AbbyE:

Thanks. I noted mine has never been the same
Re: Mutual Funds by haibe(m): 10:51am On Aug 08, 2018
irookie:

Also this might help...How I calculate my daily interest ( I do this once a week)

1. I find the difference between today's and yesterday's interest.
2. I divide the amount in (1) above by the the difference between the available balance and the available interest and multiply by 365 (days).
3. (2) above is the interest rate for that day and the difference between (2) above and the amount quoted on their website is their total % deduction.

Thanks bro
Re: Mutual Funds by amaham(m): 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2018
H,m
Re: Mutual Funds by Toun2nl: 2:53am On Aug 09, 2018
irookie:

I think 0.05% of the accrued interest.

can someone confirm this?
thanks.
Re: Mutual Funds by Geeone20: 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2018
eezeribe:
For stanbic ibtc mmf redemption :
Please be informed that the maximum you can redeem online is N2.5m daily. In the event you desire to redeem above the maximum , kindly execute the attached order and forward same for processing.

Could you please send the stanbic mmf form to my email:
greateryou31@gmail.com
Re: Mutual Funds by tblacker(m): 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2018
Hi guys, Is subscription the same thing as top up on the app when trying to increase the fund...

Talking about Stanbic mmf.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.