Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls (30551 Views)

Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates / Best Tarrif Plan To Make International Calls On Nigerian Networks. / Price War: Airtel Tariff Now 20k/second To All Networks And America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Damsman10(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
.I hate d calls more than d texts
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by joeanointing(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
This issue is of national importance. NCC/FG should do something about this. Unsolicited text messages/calls should be banned.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by oscargd(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
lorRhyMeZ: I receive nothing less than 10 to 15 calls daily from these airtel numbers;

That's minus text msgs o..I dun call customer care tire buh for where...I just tire

other numbers from airtel ;

SMS numbersnot included...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Johnnoo(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sanchez01: My special cases with MTN and GLO is simply out of this world. My first experience started with Glo who automatically subscribed me to some annoying so-called love tips with the '4040'.
I called the Customer Care several times to complain, particularly when my airtime are deducted for some reasons. Despite my placed calls to the Customer Care, I thought my dilemma would come to end until I was told that they (Customer Care) don't have the 'power' to unsubscribe my number from the '4040' database. I calmly accepted my fate while #90 was deducted from my airtime monthly. After a year and half, I called the Customer Care and threatened to sue Glo for deducting my airtime with their devilish schemes, and all of a sudden, they miraculously found the answer to unsubscribe my number from the airtime sapping scheme

Man you're really patient. I experienced exactly same predicament. I called & threatened them, it was corrected asap. Permit me to say that some Customer Services aren't informed with the services of the coy they're working for. So sad...
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by mandai01(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
I saw a post on FB about a state where the govt workers have not been paid and everytime they get an sms they tend to pray it is their salary alert only to open the sms and discover it is the useless sms from network providers especially mtn, I really wish NCC and CPA can do something about it. SOS calls to them.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by piagetskinner(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
I get btw 60-80 messages from mtn every week...96%of my messages are 4m mtn and I'm damn tired of deleting
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by OsoDupe(f): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
amtalkin: MTN own is jux too much after every call I received or make I jux get this very annoying text frm 5040 n 4100 frm safety tips, to fashion tips, health, seeking for a job...... I don't even get excited when I receive SMS cos I knw they are the one.
I heard hackers are responsible for it. That the messages is nt frm our service provider.
I seriously need help

I just hope the person sending that SMS knows that thunder will surly fire him one day
amen to that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Tayeni(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mtn sent free samples of pregnancy tips where they will start charging after the free samples have been exhausted...at the bottom of the text...they said something to the effect that.....i had the option of unsubscribing now....if not, they will sign me up automatically.
imagine if this was sent to my grandmother who can only make and receive calls and cant read.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by ayukdaboss(m): 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
You call person...Etisalat go send you message
You check balance etisalat go send you message
You flash person etisalat go send you message
You drink water etisalat go send you message
You enter toilet sh1t etisalat go notify you.

What manner of a network is Etisalat

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Ekii(f): 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
I once worked in one of these networks. These things happen only because someone in the marketing department has got to meet his target before the year runs out. Sadly,its done at the expense of the masses but then the ogas are happy because they are seeing the returns. All these product launching you see everywhere didn't come without the networks spending money and so,they would make sure the returns are very high even if its a product or service destined to fail.

Ever wonder why you call customer care,he or she promises to help you deactivate instantly or to escalate to the back office but you never see any change? It isn't because he or she did not but because, an sms pack that rakes in billions from millions of subscribers cannot simply be deactivated except under stronger pressure which should have been NCC's job. The ccr can only do that which he has been empowered to do but that which he can't do is escalated. The more you deactivate,the more the marketers who come out with these services and packages automatically subscribe you to another pack. He has promised in his proposals that such pack would bring in let's say 30million in 1year,you think say na just like that he go meet him target? No. He does so by forcefully deducting weekly and monthly cash from subscribers. Imagine how much would have been made at the end of the year. He would even surpass his target.

Unless NCC does something,all complaint falls on deaf ears and they can't be bothered.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by fujirice: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
After we complain finish now, NCC go come collect money(under the guise of a fine) chop park! Na we go still dey suffer am dey go!
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by OsoDupe(f): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Annoying set of people, I wonder how they can be stopped permanently
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by haftob(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
I think Etisalat is the worst, to the extent that they send u msg afta checking ur acct balance and also call u with dia stupid numba and u just hear someone talking without allowing u to respond. They also subscribe me to dia Football alert without my consent and deducting money weekly and anytym I want to unsubscribe from the service, a msg wud be sent that I'm nt a subscriber of the service, It took about 2 mnths b4 dia customer care helped me correct the situation.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by killlie(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
The only thing I've nt done is crying. These pple hav frustrated my life so much so that I'm thinkin of goin to their customer care office to protest if it comes to that. I wish I could take a legal suit against them,but I can't win against these pple. It's really infuriating!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by todayguest(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
I've left my case with God to judge.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Superstar007(m): 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Airtel is the "worstest" of them all if there is even a word like that. I'll won't be surprised to start getting "Please call me" messages from there. They know how to disturb your life with silly ads in form of messages and call. There is no day that goes by without getting calls and tons of messages from them
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Barayeks(m): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
To stop those annoying texts from mtn just text STOP to 33111 , you will get a message saying you will be removed from their promotional list or something like that in 24hrs

you're welcome
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by OsoDupe(f): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
No wonder
Ekii: I once worked in one of these networks. These things happen only because someone in the marketing department has got to meet his target before the year runs out. Sadly,its done at the expense of the masses but then the ogas are happy because they are seeing the returns. All these product launching you see everywhere didn't come without the networks spending money and so,they would make sure the returns are very high even if its a product or service destined to fail.

Ever wonder why you call customer care,he or she promises to help you deactivate instantly or to escalate to the back office but you never see any change? It isn't because he or she did not but because, an sms pack that rakes in billions from millions of subscribers cannot simply be deactivated except under stronger pressure which should have been NCC's job. The ccr can only do that which he has been empowered to do but that which he can't do is escalated. The more you deactivate,the more the marketers who come out with these services and packages automatically subscribe you to another pack. He has promised in his proposals that such pack would bring in let's say 30million in 1year,you think say na just like that he go meet him target? No. He does so by forcefully deducting weekly and monthly cash from subscribers. Imagine how much would have been made at the end of the year. He would even surpass his target.

Unless NCC does something,all complaint falls on deaf ears and they can't be bothered.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by slimgeez: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
Most especially when u are experting a credit alert from ur bank......ping ping...u rush for de fone only to ce 30333....lolz ...hope damaging. cry
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by lawrenceunaa: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
I use both mtn & glo but as mtn is filling my inbox with uncountable number of msg na so glo just the call me every hour . I was like can't this people just give me free credit to call & txt and stop disturbing my peace shocked

ncc is after money & any misbehaviour from network provided are fined but the people ain't compensated undecided

For android users use 'dx toolbox' to block their numbers and txt wink

Miss my droid carlcare na beg i de beg tongue
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Joshuadon: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
GUDNIGHT PALS

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
See as everybody dey para,lol. But seriously, something needs to be done about it, cus its so annoying.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by tivta(m): 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
We all need to come together and create an online petition to stop this insensitive and unwanted adverts. By the time over a million nigerians sign the petition, NCC will be forced to do something. I am calling on SEUN of nairaland to kick start this online petition by using nairaland as the medium to make NCC perform its duties.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by aspirebig: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
Airtel is the worst, I recrive an average of 7 sms daily from them. I ignore all of them, I know better than falling for those sms stuff.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by blesszzy(m): 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Image since yesterday, Mtn services has been fluctuating, I cannot make call, I cannot browse in ma room. D only tyme am able to dat is wen I step aside to look for network yet anytime I manage to have like 2bar of network I get something like this...

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by lorRhyMeZ: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
eluquenson:
That was how they always disturb my peace with these numbers, I called airtel cc twice & I told them am gonna rubbish them on all social media that I know they are recording my conversation. Immediately, they logged my issue & resolved it within 24hrs. Now I don't receive such calls or text msg from them again.

Hmmm..I think that's a good idea.

Lemme call them sharply
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by cacmatters(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
I think u should check this thread for the solution. www.nairaland.com/1804773/how-stop-spam-texts-calls
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by zinny01: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
MTN is d worst network ever stupid nd stingy network
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by zappyj(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
Someone needs to complain on a national newspaper or something, I went through my grand-mum's phone and saw 213 messages from glo and to think they were deducting from her a/c for something she knows nothing about.

This is so so sickening.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by touchmeder: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
It is so sad that NCC has decided to do nothing about this trend - that is part of their job.
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by Massive001: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
My own case is worse. I am expecting some money in my account. Any time dey send their stupid text, I would think it is alert. I receive like 15 SMS from mtn daily. I don't mind suing dem
Re: Nigerian Networks And Their Annoying Texts/calls by onagoodday: 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
imagine those stupid mtn sms by month end when person dey wait for alert alert...so annoying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Infinix Unveils Hot 10 Play Device In Nigeria / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Xenomorph: NCC Discovers Software That Steals Users’ Banking Details On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.