Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,935 members, 7,956,516 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (485762 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 26, 2006
Uche2nna:

@ Babyosisi which one be wawa song again

wawa is not a derogatory word anymore.
Enugu state people are wawa.
very smart Igbos especially udi people.
They have more chief justices per square foot than any other area in Igboland.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 26, 2006
Uche2nna:

I just came from Nigeria 4 months ago.Arr those songs have been praying before I reft grin

I see.
I we rapu fa we jewe rondon.
rawrence b'anyi jeko rondon we gua raw!!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ugwumba(m): 12:37am On Nov 26, 2006
Uche2nna, i na zie naija, aga na kpogi a 'Natad' man. Ig'anakwa? grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 2:24am On Nov 26, 2006
@ ugwumba NatadMan shocked shocked grin grin grin grin LMAO
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 4:12pm On Nov 26, 2006
Can anyone be kind enough to e-mail me Agu n'eche mba by Sis Chinyere? I will send you Nelly Uchendu or any other collections you want (that is, if i have what you want).
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2006
Ynot, check my profile for my e-mail. Send me Nelly Uchendu, anyone you have (she has a glorious voice). Thanks!, Agu n'eche mba, if anyone has that, I need it too.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 27, 2006
@Ynot,

Thanks a lot for the songs.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 2:09am On Nov 27, 2006
You are welcome. She's classic, aint she? I don't have the famous love nwantiti track though. I just sent you Zigaraha ozi (Now or never) by sunny okosun - the soon to be Biafran national anthem. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

Now, can someone find it in their heart to email me Agu n'eche mba that i asked.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2006
I always thought Sonny Okosun was Igbo but apprently he's from Edo State.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2006
He may not be Igbo but he sure thinks like the average Igbo salesman.
If he sang a song in Bini or whatever is his native tongue ,would he sell more thanĀ  22 copies?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by chimaze(m): 12:37am On Nov 28, 2006
babyosisi:

If he sang a song in Bini or whatever is his native tongue ,would he sell more than 22 copies?

grin grin grin LMAO Babyosisi don kili mi with laughter o.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Radiant(f): 1:13am On Nov 28, 2006
babyosisi:

If he sang a song in Bini or whatever is his native tongue ,would he sell more than 22 copies?

OMG! She did say that? grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:43am On Nov 28, 2006
The man, sonny was just being a smart businessman,making good use of his God-given noodles
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 1:17am On Nov 30, 2006
How come this thread don't ever show up on my NEW POST anymore and I see the last poster babyosisi just posted a reply just today, Master Oluwaseun Osewa I smell a conspiracy here angry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 1:30am On Nov 30, 2006
Ynot, where you dey?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 2:52am On Nov 30, 2006
Donzman:

Ynot, where you dey?

Check your mail.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 30, 2006
Do you have more?, Thanks man, you're a brother in need, a brother indeed as they say. grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 3:36am On Nov 30, 2006
Sure. Lots more. Will upload em when i have the time. Anyone interested can get Oliver de Coque's Peoples Club, All fingers are not equal and Star united here. Enjoy.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Gamine(f): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2006
This igbo pple sef hmm wink
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 5:35pm On Nov 30, 2006
Now you are admiring them. Anyways welcome to this thread.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2006
Why aren't there any new breed of Highlife musicians now?, The music is declining fast.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2006
Produce one now to stop it from declining.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2006
Was up edygirl cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2006
Same ol same ol.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2006
hhmmmm
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by mochafella(m): 12:52am On Dec 01, 2006
babyosisi:

The man, sonny was just being a smart businessman,making good use of his God-given noodles

Businessman I definitely agree with, I remember seeing at least one video of Sunny Okosun singing "Islamic-oriented" songs and then showing up a few years later as a gospel singer.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 01, 2006
edygirl:

Produce one now to stop it from declining.

I go use empty pocket produce one?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 2:53am On Dec 01, 2006
Donzman:

Why aren't there any new breed of Highlife musicians now?, The music is declining fast.

are highlife music the likes of 'sweet mother'?
what are the other popular ones?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 01, 2006
Yeah, Sweet Mother by Prince Nico Mbarga

Oliver De Coque, Prince Morocco Maduka, Chief Osita Osadebe, Sir Victor Uwaifo, Apama Boy, Bright Chimezie (maybe?), Those are probably the most popular Nigerian highlife musicians. As you can see, the majority of them are Igbo and it's mostly regarded as Igbo music even though it orignated in Ghana. Nice sounds!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 3:52am On Dec 01, 2006
@ Donzman

You listen to Victor Nwaifo too? Well, Here is simini simini. I don't understand a damn thing he's saying but you can't mistake the ~oh oh oh ~ part. Great music.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 01, 2006
"Joromi" is one of my all-time favourites. Thanks Ynot, I'll download the simini simini tomorrow, computer is busy right now.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 4:26am On Dec 01, 2006

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.