Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (56092 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Nigeria’s Cashew Export Hits N49.7bn / Made-in-Aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
oneeast: That guy is does not know anything about the current SE GDP. Below is the current GDP ranking in the SE at the moment:

- Anambra

- Abia

- Enugu

- Imo

- Ebonyi

And what is wrong if imo, abia and Enugu have higher GDP than anambra?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
fairheven:
I font totally agree that anambra an Abia are behind,..remember when CBN was implementing their "cashless society programme",those two states were among the pioneer states only after lagos,based on what the then CBN governors described as "States with the highest volume of daily cash transaction" in the country,so how do you reconcile that? cool
Are you minding that one...my husband specifically told me that if they are to go by population ratio, Aba generates more CASH REVENUE than Lagos. Lagos moves a lot of money, but they tend to be more learned...than the average Aba man, who prefers to make cash transactions.
-he said the kinda millions an average Aba trader brings for deposit @various times in a day, they spend hours 'bundle counting' it, bc to count am one by one dey hard sef. Then we can imagine how much the big customers like Tonimas are capable of moving

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
DeeMain:

I used to have so much respect for your views on NL. I thought you were an objective foreigner/US citizen giving Nigerians the other prespective till I looked more closely and observed your morbid hatred for anything Igbo...

Such crass waste of native intelligence!
Very sad indeed. Shame on you!
Well, contrary to your accusations I do not hate Ibos. For what? Sure, out of all the groups in Nigeria, when it comes to monetary transactions I wouldn't trust them farther than I could throw them, but that doesn't mean I hate them.

Before PDP agents attacked NL and wiped off most of our old posts--- like you can attest to--- I usually came on here in neutrality. But, your ibo brothers would not let me be. Constantly attacking whatever views they deemed unpopular. Tell me, who boasts, chests beats, and constantly antagonizes others on here more than your kin? I state facts as I see them and if my saying things like " Ibos are as religiously and ethnically intolerant like the Hausas they love to condemn" or "Nigerians should call the bluff of the Ibos and vote out this criminal govt" is what makes you think I hate yall, then, hey....

But rest assured, I don't. Yall just need to do some character searching and stop irritating others so much with your attitude.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
oneeast: Oils that other do not have? Apart from that cup of oil there is nothing else happening in that state called economic activities. The current GDP of Imo state is only second to Ebonyi in whole of SE.

what cup?
Why exactly are u denigrating your sister state? Imo has richer oil reserves than anambra, in fact, its the richest inland oil deposits in Nigeria.
What is wrong with you?
Does your support for igboland end with anambra,?
Anytime, they say something good about an Igbo state, you oppose it .
What have you even commented concerning the topic?

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by tyty24(f): 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
You made it ethnic yourself
yorubakid1: hmmm.let stop derailing this beautiful before the bias mod moves it to ethnic section lipsrsealed
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Well, contrary to your accusations I do not hate Ibos. For what? Sure, out of all the groups in Nigeria, when it comes to monetary transactions I wouldn't trust them farther than I could throw them, but that doesn't mean I hate them.

Before PDP agents attacked NL and wiped off most of our old posts--- like you can attest to--- I usually came on here in neutrality. But, your ibo brothers would not let me be. Constantly attacking whatever views they deemed unpopular. Tell me, who boasts, chests beats, and constantly antagonizes others on here more than your kin? I state facts as I see them and if my constant saying things like " Ibos are as religiously and ethnically intolerant like the Hausas they love to condemn" or "Nigerians should call the bluff of the Ibos and vote out this criminal govt" is what makes you think I hate yall, then, hey....

But rest assured, I don't. Yall just need to do some character searching and stop irritating others so much with your attitude.

who cares about who you hate or not?
Mtchew

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by oneeast: 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
Why will anything be wrong in that when overtaking is allowed..?

ketoprofen:

And what is wrong if imo, abia and Enugu have higher GDP than anambra?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by oneeast: 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
It is a cup of oil, take it or leave it..

ketoprofen:
what cup?
Why exactly are u denigrating your sister state? Imo has richer oil reserves than anambra, in fact, its the richest inland oil deposits in Nigeria.
What is wrong with you?
Does your support for igboland end with anambra,?
Anytime, they say something good about an Igbo state, you oppose it .
What have you even commented concerning the topic?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by cosmatika(m): 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
I have an "Italian" suit in my wardrobe nw, Tnx to my tailor in #100 mkt rd, Aba.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Are you minding that one...my husband specifically told me that if they are to go by population ratio, Aba generates more CASH REVENUE than Lagos. Lagos moves a lot of money, but they tend to be more learned...than the average Aba man, who prefers to make cash transactions.
-he said the kinda millions an average Aba trader brings for deposit @various times in a day, they spend hours 'bundle counting' it, bc to count am one by one dey hard sef. Then we can imagine how much the big customers like Tonimas are capable of moving

Very on point dear,am sure if it was a political decision,u can bet no state in the south-east wud have been chosen for "CBN's CASHLESS POLICY",but it was based purely on economics of scale,two states out of five states were chosen,from the east,(Abia an anambra)two out of six from south-west(ogun an oyo)one out of six* from south-south(rivers states)an one from 19northern states*(Kano),so who said we no try for East? : cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Sunglow: 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
nyabingi: Let me just let out some Aba traders secrets, do you know than large tons of made in aba shoes and clothes are daily shiped to the middle east i.e Dubai, Europe and other African countries, Nigerians who travel over ther still buy these products more than 300% the cost in Aba, the truth is that these guys make so much money through these trade secrets, infact its hard these day for an avarage Aba shoe or fashion designer to take jobs from end users except they are willing to pay more,this is because they work day and night tomeet up international demands, many igbos who returned from the mass exodus in the north are already learning the trade either as manufacturers or marketers, its a big market .
Thanks for sharing this info.I don't mind visiting those manufacturing factories. Its time we start patronizing our made in najia products than Alibaba or Aliexpress
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Yes o I remember the other day when NATO came to buy drones and Patriot missiles at Ariaria it tooks about 3 months to count the cash. No be small tin o
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 44chux(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents:

I am always inside a car, long or short distance. I hate being failed in my appointment because of a slippas
That didn't sound like a typical biz guy to my poor soul.
100Cents:
So business people trek to market or can't own a car for the type of legedez Benz he was referring to ?
Okay oo..
Just saying that no original foreign slippers can fail so easily
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by cosmatika(m): 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
A shoemaker in Aba produced dis pair of shoe 4me since May last yr. It has nva visited another shoemaker since den. I wear it frm Monday to Friday every wk. I dnt bother buying another cos it shows no signs of spoiling. Guess wat? It cost me only #1500 to get it. Aba's ingenuity

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
oneeast: It is a cup of oil, take it or leave it..

in that case, anambra is spoon, take it or leave it.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by oneeast: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ng, I do not need to engage you on the authenticity of this matter.. cheesy

@Topic: Aba is doing great by its indigenous manufacturing sector. Other parts of the country should take a cue from this..

ketoprofen:

in that case, anambra is spoon, take it or leave it.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kettykin: 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2014
cosmatika: A shoemaker in Aba produced dis pair of shoe 4me since May last yr. It has nva visited another shoemaker since den. I wear it frm Monday to Friday every wk. I dnt bother buying another cos it shows no signs of spoiling. Guess wat? It cost me only #1500 to get it. Aba's ingenuity

oga it is like you trek a lot , the shoe's ruggedness has seen better days please this is on a lighter note

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

People make mistakes in correlation of GDP with standard of living or wealth. Aba has a higher consumption per capita than lagos. It is only 2nd to Port-Harcourt. What it means is that when you divide consumption of goods or cash flow in Aba by the resident population it is higher than Lagos even though Lagos economy is way bigger. Imo State has the highest GDP in Southeast according to one of the sources posted but has way much lower consumption per capita than Anambra or Abia.
On point,end of story+end of discussion=Honda Accord...I owe u one cool cool
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 44chux(m): 5:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
ketoprofen:

When they are already exporting or doing business with people in other African countries and Dubai, china, etc, you are here saying one can't do biz with them cos they are illiterates .
ok o
A typical shoemaker goes to shop and works from 8-t0-5 to make a paltry NGN1,500 and is content coz he makes shoes for lower middle & lower class folks. You would think such a person would be looking for a way to upgrade right?
Well u would be wrong.
Give him capital to upgrade his biz and improve quality, he runs to the village ( Ngwa) with the funds to start his building.
Pay him NGN200 above market rates and he treats ur job as urgent if u can stay around. But pay him 2times the price and book to collect it at future date, and u will have to make trouble b4 u get ur goods. Agree 4 bulk purchase from him and pay him in advance, and next day he dosent come to shop coz he has a handover from hosting his whole street on palm-wine and 33-beer
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by DONOCHAS(m): 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
True, Aba shoe get quality, i worked there once. God bless Aba boys

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Cescgas: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
44chux: A typical shoemaker goes to shop and works from 8-t0-5 to make a paltry NGN1,500 and is content coz he makes shoes for lower middle & lower class folks. You would think such a person would be looking for a way to upgrade right?
Well u would be wrong.
Give him capital to upgrade his biz and improve quality, he runs to the village ( Ngwa) with the funds to start his building.
Pay him NGN200 above market rates and he treats ur job as urgent if u can stay around. But pay him 2times the price and book to collect it at future date, and u will have to make trouble b4 u get ur goods. Agree 4 bulk purchase from him and pay him in advance, and next day he dosent come to shop coz he has a handover from hosting his whole street on palm-wine and 33-beer
lol. Funny, but na truth u talk. Can anyone link me t Aba shoemakers/tailor in Ilorin? I want to patronize them.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Where do you get the numbers of the shoemakers from? What is the source of that information

Guy na dis Aba dem born me, na here I dey grow reach like this, if he is telling u 50000 to 100000, he is just under estimating it sef, shoe makers plenty every where, even d ones wey no dey dia main camps, we have individual shoe makers scattered in d whole of Aba and d surrounding LGAs.

I no sure say u don come here before, this people plenty, infact dem boku...if dey r telling u 1m shoes per day. No doubt am, d kind busy wey dem dey dey, and most often 50% of them work overnight, some do it that, this group work from morning to night, others go come shoe line, work from dat evening to dat kind 4am. And no be for just one market, along express dat place called Bakassi, which stretches many kilometers na dem full those places, then enter d market go to d oda side of Ariaria, and u knw Ariaria too big, dat one sef connect 4 big LGAs.

Infact I can't explain. If shoe makers no pass 100000 make I know.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by millionaireman: 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
weezii: Truth is, made-in-Aba shoes lasts longer than most "italian or foreign" shoes we get in boutiques these days. Nigeria simply needs to harness what it has on time
Do Aba shoe manufacturers need Nigeria's government to harness their potentials? I do not think so, except that the government needs to provide good trade environment and social infrastructure in Nigeria. No manufacturer must expect financial incentives from Nigeria's govt to fulfill its manufacturing potentials.

Gee on Ariaria shoe manufacturers. Do not look back.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Cescgas: 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin:
i can give you a United nations report UNIDO report about the Aba cluster if you request for it
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Cescgas: 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin:
i can give you a United nations report UNIDO report about the Aba cluster if you request for it
hi. Lovely stuff. Thanks
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Yes o I remember the other day when NATO came to buy drones and Patriot missiles at Ariaria it tooks about 3 months to count the cash. No be small tin o
pardon my comprehension skills...What exactly are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
44chux: A typical shoemaker goes to shop and works from 8-t0-5 to make a paltry NGN1,500 and is content coz he makes shoes for lower middle & lower class folks. You would think such a person would be looking for a way to upgrade right?
Well u would be wrong.
This can't be true,if so pple wd not be coming all the way from Cameroon,ivory coast,gabon,Ghana And the rest to patronise Aba-made...an even if that is the case,its is not peculiar to Aba,..I gave a tailor asoebi for my friends wedding,as am typing,the wedding has come gone more,than 4months am yet to collect my clothing here in lagos.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by millionaireman: 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
cosmatika: A shoemaker in Aba produced dis pair of shoe 4me since May last yr. It has nva visited another shoemaker since den. I wear it frm Monday to Friday every wk. I dnt bother buying another cos it shows no signs of spoiling. Guess wat? It cost me only #1500 to get it. Aba's ingenuity

Beautiful. Some time ago in Europe and America, Japanese cars were branded inferior. Japanese car manufacturers started to put a large label "3 YEARS or 10000Km GUARANTEE" on the back of their cars so as to attract European and American buyers. Today, Japanese cars are hot cakes for Europeans and Americans.

Within a short time from now, Aba made shoes shall be hot cake, even in foreign countries.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by veesion: 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
The government of Abia state is d worst in d world.go and see how he left ABA,d commercial nerve of d entire state

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by cosmatika(m): 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin:

oga it is like you trek a lot , the shoe's ruggedness has seen better days please this is on a lighter note
Wareva. It's made in Nigeria 4 Nigerians. use ur italo trek 4 6mnts, den post d pics mey we see
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

People make mistakes in correlation of GDP with standard of living or wealth. Aba has a higher consumption per capita than lagos. It is only 2nd to Port-Harcourt. What it means is that when you divide consumption of goods or cash flow in Aba by the resident population it is higher than Lagos even though Lagos economy is way bigger. Imo State has the highest GDP in Southeast according to one of the sources posted but has way much lower consumption per capita than Anambra or Abia.

One of the things that strikes me most about Ibo folk is their fondness for fantasy, a perverse aversion for facts and a tendency to make wild and baseless assertions without caring about veracity and when called out you hear all kinds of unbelievable and ridiculous cop outs like the other clown who claimed that there are 100000 shoemakers in Aba according to a UNIDO report.This turned out to be a lie but the brazen and shameless reaction after being found out is truly stunning
kettykin:

I don't want go beyond the information i have given for reasons bordering the political economy of Aba, Aba about 44 years ago was flattened and destroyed to its foundations by savages hell bent on keeping igbos in Nigeria , Aba today has risen from its ashes and is recording growths that will in very few years threaten what ever growth made by any other city in Nigeria .
i believe i have partly achieved my aim in this forum of destroying wrong stereotypes some people deliberately have about igbo land

Here again we have another ridiculous claim that Abia has "a higher consumption per capita than Lagos" . In fact the number of claims one hears is ridiculous and their content so outlandish that one is just tempted to ignore them as "masturbatory fantasies" but then if they are not slapped down promptly others start to repeat them as Gospel

Lagos State according to the Last census has a population of 9,113,605 whilst Abia State has a population of 2,845,380
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_population

Lagos state has a GDP of US$74,674 000 whilst Abia has a GDP of $8,687000000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP
Based on the foregoing Lagos State has a GDP per capita of (US$74,674 000000 ÷ 9,113,605) = $8193

Abia State on the other hand has a a GDP per capita of ($8,687000000 ÷2,845,380) =$3053

That is the way to make claims and assertions not to wake up one day and announce that the US buys Patriot missiles from Ariaria maket
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by weezii(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
millionaireman: Do Aba shoe manufacturers need Nigeria's government to harness their potentials? I do not think so, except that the government needs to provide good trade environment and social infrastructure in Nigeria. No manufacturer must expect financial incentives from Nigeria's govt to fulfill its manufacturing potentials.

Gee on Ariaria shoe manufacturers. Do not look back.

A simple question for you sir,

By providing good trade environment and social infrastructure, is the Nigerian govt harnessing this gift they have or not?

Explain pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

i Will Give 3 Nairalanders My Life Changing Import Guide For Free. Ends In Hrs!! / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' / Coronavirus: Aliko Dangote Donates 600-Bed Isolation Centre To Kano (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.