Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel (49838 Views)

Nigeria Buys Helicopters From Russia / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by xreal: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2014
However, according to defence and intelligence sources, attempts to buy the helicopters and other munitions from, first the US and other Western European countries, have proved to be an impossible task, thus compelling the military to resort to Israel and several retired members of the Israeli defense forces.

.... so, whenever these retired ones need more money, they just need to fuel the war a bit; by selling weapons to the BH guys for a very cheap price. With that, Oritsejafor nigerian army will be forced to buy moreee(in cash, new notes)
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by repogirl(f): 11:31am On Sep 23, 2014
Hmmmm, US, Una well done o, claiming to have our backs but frustrating us at every turn... Know that every dog has got its day, flex Una muscles well well now, because very soon, all your f'uc'k ups will connive and come back to bite you in the as's.

singing in drake's voice.... Worst behavior .... Mutherf....rs ne'er loved us....remember?

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2014
This illustration explains it all for those who know.

4 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by searay(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2014
BlackTechnology: R
late comer
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by heavenmade(m): 11:34am On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
Bingo. check my post history and see how i normally tongue lash Israel.
I won't go into descending so low as you have just done.
who has the time to study your history! And I don't even wanna know your history,what you are doing at present is what I take you for.
NB: I have decided not to descend so low as you have just done as charity begins at home and it will definitely end where it starts from .
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by M4gunners: 11:34am On Sep 23, 2014
egift: Tell Jonathan to use the Front door during the day and stop climbing people backyard fence at night in search of illegal arms. grin grin grin

If they need any military gear, he should go to the manufacturers and stop the 3rd party illegal deal.
I don't see why you fine it difficult to understand this!The US has blocked any attempt made by nigeria government to purchase arms publicly. So is it bad if GEJ decides to go through backyard?US is only mad at us because we refuse to sign in to law HOMO.Let the US stop pretending that Nigerian army abuse human right because they themselves are not innocent of human right abuse.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 23, 2014
tandj: This US of a country.
Empires rise and fall.
How I wish I will witness ur fall in my life time.
U have done more harm than good to d world.
But I'm glad some countries r challenging u now.

Like Russia. Wish Nigeria could partner with russia.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by kenex4ever(m): 11:36am On Sep 23, 2014
arresa:

What's baseless about the abuse, rights violation and military brutality the average Nigerian experience everyday?
Some pipu just want to comment even when they sound senseless. US r just frustrating nigeria 4 nothing, even though u r an opposition and u hate GEJ u should atleast support d efforts of our soldiers, U r at ur comfort in d south typing this poo is all because these military men are dying for u everyday and all u can say is human right abuse.
When boko haram put on army uniforms and kill innocent pipu they video it and send to sahara reporters who in turn put it up on d media and u guy come here and blame our soldiers

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Muscomide: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
I cant remember Nigerian security forces cutting off the hand of offenders

Really? Given a choice between having my hand cut off or being extra-judicially shot dead by some policeman or military man, I know which one I'd prefer. It is folk like you who prevent this country moving forward.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by chinazaekperem2: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2014
driand: how old are you? I guess below 16.... the hazards of allowing kids in NL.
infact, i am below 10, i dare you to tell me what s childish about my post undecided
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2014
GowonAbacha:
Even though I'm not a GEJ supporter as well, I can't harness anything meaningful from what you've just said.
Produce ur own weapons...u got the message now?
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Missy89(f): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2014
F117A: But we are pro-west in the key areas of our national life.
The reason why we are now looking for weapons is because our leaders were foolish enough to allow the west lull them into sleep in the guise of "too much weapons is not good for you".
If we were truly pro-east like algeria,we would be the greatest military force on the continent.

Some truth there but what key areas are u talking about?
Easterners have the same pro western stance when it comes to the culture of the western countries. everyone basically like America's/Western soft power (education, entertainment, sports, food etc) the geopolitics is what most pro east and non align countries are wary of.

To be quite frank Nigeria doesn't have any military foe (except for maybe Cameroon?) and the military was kept big because it has to be in the right proportion as to the population and it is useful to crush rebellion internally back in the military days (still used) so we don't really need to pick sides.
And there is another fear that the democracy is too fragile so having a very strong independent military will be problematic.

The boko haram crisis should be an eye opener for the military and they should try and maintain one or two very well trained and armed divisions to deal with those types of crisis in the future instead of running helter skelter in the dying minutes to buy arms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Josh316(m): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2014
When a bank converts foreign currency into dollars, the transaction is routed through a U.S. dollar-transfer system. That nexus with the U.S. financial system gives American authorities jurisdiction over the transaction and subjects the bank to U.S. law. The mechanism, known as "dollar clearing," is essential for international banks because most global business and trade is conducted in dollars.

When GEJ said 'AMERICA WILL KNOW' if $20bn was missing, people insulted him... I believe that article has somewhat justified that claim

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by infohenry(m): 11:38am On Sep 23, 2014
dammytosh: Only Nigerians can believe that crap.

They are still desperately trying to justify why they flew $9Million plus cash to south africa.

I laff in spanish.
Don't mind gullible nigerians, no official statement from government or any relevant agency, all what hear top intelligent personnel who does want to be named or our source inside the military. The government through Abati or the military spokesperson should come out and accuse US government with evidence, so that they will respond through official channels not this brown envelop reporters trying to clean up for their pay masters mess.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by jayte054: 11:38am On Sep 23, 2014
maybe, its high time we started investing huge chunk of money on our security cos days the only way to stop
this sort of rubbish from ever repeating itself.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 11:39am On Sep 23, 2014
jantavanta:

They have been given Green Card. Browse their names and see for yourself. Even the class backbenchers are wondering why you and I are still in Naija.
Nigerian-americans.
Their allegiance is to america now.
Don't take them serious.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by omoharry(f): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2014
deb: This post is so funny. It is written as though Jonathan is intelligent enough to pull his points through to Obama and get a result. Retardeen presido of all time
If you have nothing sensible to say, then save us the headache and keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by jantavanta(m): 11:41am On Sep 23, 2014
GuyFawkes: I don't see what all the fuss is about honestly, since when has the US ever sold us military hardware They only give us some WW2 era frigates and destroyers they've struck off the inventory of the US navy and the coast guard to patrol our coastal waters undecided

That is why there was opposition to Ajaokuta Steel

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Muscomide: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2014
SuperMartins: When I tell pple dat d USA only enjoys breaking down nations they see as escaping their stylish colonization,pple myt start gettn mad at me...but its so obvious...they dnt wana help us fyt these BH,they dnt wana sell us weapons but they end up blockn our advances to get weapons from oda nations to fyt insurgency...its so clear to me dat their prediction for Breakup in 2015 is wat they tryn to achieve by all means possible but GOD no go let dem cos We as a Nation are gona get stronger after d 2015 elections...No Nation will pull us down...We too strong for all dat cheap styles of breakn us up

Why would you not just spell your words correctly consistently? What's with the unnecessary text abbreviations?

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by enomakos(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2014
na only american de sell arms?
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by kenex4ever(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2014
Steadmann: Must they buy from US? Is it a must they buy from Israel or US?

What about Russia? Abi Russia don't have the weapons we need?

When they are ready to end BH, they know the right thing to do.

U comment b4 reading clap 4 urself.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Chris95(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2014
US always has sumfn up their sleeves all the tym...
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by winner01(m): 11:44am On Sep 23, 2014
chinazaekperem2: stoning them will be difficult because of the multi-ethnic nature of Nigeria. ethnocentrism is now a blockade of national unity and multi-tribal harmonization.

for Nigerians to work together and stone our politicians, we have to drop tribalism and ethnocentrism else division will be the best option.
does that look possible to you, tribalism is part of us......that's why I said to split and cee wer dat leads each of us..Don't get me wrong, I love Nigeria but the union has failed woefully

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2014
Missy89:

Some truth there but what key areas are u talking about?
Easterners have the same pro western stance when it comes to the culture of the western countries. everyone basically like America's/Western soft power (education, entertainment, sports, food etc) the geopolitics is what most pro east and non align countries are wary of.

To be quite frank Nigeria doesn't have any military foe (except for maybe Cameroon?) and the military was kept big because it has to be in the right proportion as to the population and it is useful to crush rebellion internally back in the military days (still used) so we don't really need to pick sides.
And there is another fear that the democracy is too fragile so having a very strong independent military will be problematic.

The boko haram crisis should be an eye opener for the military and they should try and maintain one or two very well trained and armed divisions to deal with those types of crisis in the future instead of running helter skelter in the dying minutes to buy arms.

Yeah you have a point.
We didn't really have any a major threat and democracy then was pretty fragile.
But that is where visionary leadership comes in-anticipate and prepare for future threats.
I am surprised that we have not yet prepared for possible future clashes with regional powers like algeria ,SA and egypt.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by titoetal(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2014
U S of America, I know you are bigger and mightier than Nigeria but God is above much more than what you compare yourself to be. You must not play double standard on Nigeria because God is watching.
It's high time Nigerians and any govt in power help themselves by ensuring;
1. Rapid growth in and uninterrupted power supply.
2. Fully revived and functioning steel plant with reactivated supporting mines for its feedstocks.
3. Import the technology from any willing partner, fabricate and build.

We are a peaceful nation. They should leave us alone to develop our potential as we are not a threat to anyone. We have never challenged any of our neighbours on any ground of superiority with our potentials. Our vision is a peaceful community of nations, live and let us live.

God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by SANCTO: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2014
US has secret agenda in Nigeria. What success have we achieved since their claimed help to fight insurgency? Instead they are thwarting efforts of our heroes to win the war. They accused Ihejirika because, Ihejirika did not dance to their tune. Shameless US. They predicted Nigerian implosion by 2015. so anybody that is working against it is an enemy with serious allegations.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by kenex4ever(m): 11:48am On Sep 23, 2014
egift:

If he want a US made Helicopter, go to the manufacturers and not a backyard deal with a third party. Also the government should come clean with their transactions to give confidence to other partners, not using a jet of a pastor to move cash.

All ur comments r senseless! How can u buy from a manufacturer in US when d govt won't allow? Ur type just think thing are easily done d way ur small brain thinks it should be done. Weapon market is controlled by d govt for God sakes!

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Andibot(m): 11:49am On Sep 23, 2014
Personally I don't feel Obama is right in all regard. Here is a country ravaged by insurgency And request aids not even for free yet you block a direct approach And even sales from a third party! This is sheer wickedness. This can also be linked to the gay rights not approved in Nigeria! To me we can still curb insurgency even in our own way. Its just a matter of time. Without Obama's aid!

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by kingslly(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2014
Dats not d point ,dont distract us with dat university vs vs poly argument
bushdoc9919:

The reason why they can't starts with one word....Ajaokuta.

Another phrase...Nigerians think that technicians are dull people....and that a university degree is the be all that ends all.

That's why.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by peteofi(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2014
This U.S people. They are so daft. Human rights abuse... Na today? Back in school, we got arrested for just taking a walk to buy akara for dinner. Where dem dey that time? So as the boko dey cause damage, make we use glove hands dey fight them. Is the same bulls*** they are doing in Ukraine. Funny Americans.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by egift(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2014
M4gunners: I don't see why you fine it difficult to understand this!The US has blocked any attempt made by nigeria government to purchase arms publicly. So is it bad if GEJ decides to go through backyard?US is only mad at us because we refuse to sign in to law HOMO.Let the US stop pretending that Nigerian army abuse human right because they themselves are not innocent of human right abuse.

There are things you are missing here my brother:
1. Have you bothered to know why, the transactions are being discouraged?
2. Are such reasons justifiable?
3. Has Nigeria become a rogue nation under Jonathan that we should be buying weapons in the night at the backyard?
4. Why is Jonathan not interested in rectifying the issues involved rather than try to bypass them?
5. What about the money smuggling angles and transacting with criminals in the black market? (We have sank this low!)
6. Jonathan famously said "America Will Know", now the US are telling him they know of all the corruption, why is he not accepting it?

I beg Mr. President to take a step back and rectify issues with our allies. He should not drag Nigeria to a fight we cannot win, especially not when it involves him supporting illegal arms deals with rogue individuals.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:53am On Sep 23, 2014
ChukwuCantDie: Shut your mouth, the government has been looking to buy new helicopters for months now, we are currently taking delivery of new MI 35M's from Russia but chinooks can carry large amounts of troops at once unlike the MI 35M which is mainly an attack chopper.
#AmericaWillKnow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

A Nigerian Soldier Posted How They Eliminated Boko Haram Members (graphics) / Tinubu, Nigeria's Next President In 2023? - Dele Momodu (Photo) / Fayose Has N300m In His Zenith Bank Account - Lere Olayinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.