Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,397 members, 7,843,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel (49853 Views)

Nigeria Buys Helicopters From Russia / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
Well shey if you guys are making your own weapons and helicopter will they come stop you... tongue
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by olawooro: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Shame on Nigeria. Let the country manufacture its own military hardware. All what the military can do is to flexing muscle against the civilians, behave as if they are above the law, assaulting and brutality, destroying public properties. They have never made any achievement in the area of military science and technology. Nigerian government is dependent of developed nations for technology. All what it can do is to embezzle public fund. Honestly speaking this present administration is an embarrassment to Nigeria state in the international community
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
Missy89:

not as much as some people would like. Gay laws, Nigeria's refusal(and pressuring other countries in the region) to sign the EPAs with the EU among others. Nigeria is actually not as pro West as most people think.

I don't think it's about that. Nigeria is definitely one of the most pro-America countries I know on this planet. So pro-America that how the country is governed is a bad copy of the American system, and America has the country on its choke-hold. Isn't Nigeria that same country that lines up behind America all the time at the UN during votes? I'd wager that Nigeria and Nigerians are 100 times more pro-American that those gulf states, and a lot countries in Asia, including Japan.

Anyway, it's not shocking, and I've been saying for months when some posters were talking about buying American weapons that: America doesn't sell heavy weapons to non-strategic countries. It has nothing to do with human rights, or being pro-West. Nigeria is not a strategic country - and the over-saturation of something like the Chinook, is definitely something Pentagon won't allow. What's shocking is that this made the news, and people are shocked about it.

Algeria is a neutral country, and the country isn't pro-West in anything. And I'd say it's more pro-Russia to an extent. However, it has at least two Chinooks because it's a strategic country.

Perhaps, Nigeria can still get the Chinook if they can get a proper lobby group, to lobby for it. But that's the highest they'll be able to get since it's just a transport helicopter. US will never sell any of its fighter jets or the Apache to Nigeria. And they shouldn't try the UK as well, because the UK definitely won't sell heavy weapons to naija - only light weapons.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by fr3do(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
winner01: and we should continue hoping that our dear country gets better without seeing results when it is obvious that every tribe is paranoid of the other...I love Nigeria but its obvious that its not working, we fake the love but we really don't love each other...

Speak for yourself
I love everyone, I just partake in bigotry online for the fun.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lol nigeria is still not smart, they don't knw us is d brain behind most terrorism. Nigeria is seeing us as one big brother with the helping hand. America will not help nigeria because they are definitely behind bokoharam. I know most people don't want to accept that fact. If wat m sayn isn't true y do u tink us is thwarting efforts of nigeria in procuring weapons to fight the insurgency? Ur big brother called america in conjunction with the isrealis brought down the world trade center killing abt 3000 ppl to make it look like an arab invasion so as to invade afghanistan. Their sole aim is to get the oil in iraq.

The us will find every excuse available to prevent nigeria from getting millitary hardware from foreign countries. They said the pentagon was also hit by a terrorist plane in 2011 but what happened was that it was hit by a missile planned by us. They said the wtc came down as a result of fire whereas it was a controlled demolition. Also there was an airforce base having 3 fighter jets close to wtc, on the day of the attack no jet was on ground to respond to the attack. The US is one of the smartest country in the world in terms of covering up their corruption.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
GuyFawkes: I don't see what all the fuss is about honestly, since when has the US ever sold us military hardware They only give us some WW2 era frigates and destroyers they've struck off the inventory of the US navy and the coast guard to patrol our coastal waters undecided

BH or no BH we were never going to get chinooks or apache helicopters, and those weapons are not going to be the determinant factor in annihilating BH. Our military hardware are sourced from Russia,Ukraine,Belarus,China in recent years.

I know the political inclinations of Thisday newspapers lay with the current govt so I wouldn't put it past this administration trying to blame the US. In international relations there are no permanent foes or friends its all national interests.

What is our national interest and what's our foreign policy

Lmao...these fools are just delusional. And they're just trying to make excuses to hide their obvious military failures against BH.

I'm sure those in the Naija army know this. Everybody knows America's heavy weapons are strategic, and they don't sell to just anyone, just because you worship America.

They know where to go to get weapons - and those are the places they have been buying weapons from since independence. So, why the sudden drift to America that has never sold anything to you in the past? These people are loonies!

It's all propaganda!

2 Likes

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by halix239(f): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
America and double standards.
Isnt Saudi Arabia the number one human rights abuser in the world?
yet America supplied them billions worth of weapons every year
yah, cos they got the money n power
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by revolt(m): 1:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
Useless blackrace looking for eeryfin from whytes. We simply cnt create ANYTHING,

Useless engineers we have. We only good at gvn birth n drnkn.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by berrystunn(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
The United States and five Arab partner nations launched airstrikes against ISIS targets in Syria for the first time Monday, the Pentagon said. In a major escalation of the U.S. war against ISIS, the military planned to strike up to 20 targets, including fuel and weapons depots, training sites, troop encampments, command and control centers and the Sunni fighters' headquarters. The bombing began at approximately 8:30 p.

U.S do u agree to fight alongside with Syria govt ? hahahhahah
U.S do you agree to stop Funding ISIS via Saudi Arabia ? hahahhahahha
U.S dont lie how did you get into syria airspace ? hahahhahahhha
U.s do you know that there over 100 or more american citizen fighting for isis? hahahhah
U.S do you know that some Nigerians are African american of which they can join boko to fight you in america home land worst enemy hahahhhahahhah.

We dey beg you ?? hahahhahahahhahahah
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by thomasjoe1: 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
grin

Its all about the Oil Baby!!!
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
maasoap: How many innocent Saudi Arabia citizens have killed by their army?
The same people that behead women and flog children to death on live television.
A round of applause for this nigger.
He is the smartest man alive.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Rule of thumb America kept quiet on all of Thief Obasanjo's looting

America has kept quiet about all of Babangida loot

America has kept quiet about all of Abdulsalami Abubakar's loot (Abubakar is IBB's relative and former transitional head of state 1998-1999)

US claims to be discovered General Abacha's loot (Abacha never looted) - his decent economic performance during a time of extremely low oil prices should make it clear Abacha was a competent leader.

So why single Abacha out?

Abacha was the only of above four who reject IMF and World Bank.

So as a rule of thumb America tries to mislead you so if they criticise somebody consider that there is a strong possibility that the person was good for Nigeria.
swezenberg: This is why US can no longer trust the FG and the army.
This is breaking news:
US Ambassador To Nigeria Reveals How Ex-Army Boss Ihejirika Diverted Military Funds Abroad
http://www.africaeagle.com/2014/09/us-ambassador-to-nigeria-reveals-how-ex.html

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
seanet02:
America and double standards.
Isnt Saudi Arabia the number one human rights abuser in the world?
yet America supplied them billions worth of weapons every year
calin saudi arabia because israel was mentiond.hav u heard of d last tym saudi arabia bombed anybody? dnt bring religion under tone to this
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Koolking(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
chinazaekperem2: you are right though but how does this change the fact that US isn't willing ti help nigeria and they are actually acting like an enemy?

The reason it's madness pallying with your enemy. A country that has emphatically predicted the secession of the pseudo-federating enclave called Nigeria. America will do everything for their prediction to come to pass. Boko Haram may be one of the conspiracies. I won't be surprised. Why is Julian Assange declared an American "fugitive" (fugitive in quote)? Because he knew too much, too much to destroy US and her conspiracies to have unbridled control over African polity.

What do you expect from the west? You can never get any meaningful assistance from the west on a platter of gold. You can only trade with your sovereignty. It is high time we started looking inward, minding our own business and learning to solve our problems our own way. After all, we have all it takes to put our house in order. Our government will never learn due to insatiable greed of our politicians. A day of reckoning will soon come.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao...these fools are just delusional. And they're just trying to make excuses to hide their obvious military failures against BH.

I'm sure those in the Naija army know this. Everybody knows America's heavy weapons are strategic, and they don't sell to just anyone, just because you worship America.

They know where to go to get weapons - and those are the places they have been buying weapons from since independence. So, why the sudden drift to America that has never sold anything to you in the past? These people are loonies!

It's all propaganda!
True.
The sudden shift looks suspicious.
The US has not sold us weapons even before GEJ was born.
The few we bought from the brits decades ago were rendered useless due to sanctions.
We are being governed by some very stupidd people.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by swezenberg(m): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
F117A: Yes,Nigeria is more corrupt and brutal than the royal house of sauud and the islamic fundamentalists in Egypt.
Don't worry,when BH run over the country and cut off your head, you will argue for the US in your grave.

You are just one of the corrupt individuals we are talking about. To burst your bubbles I do not reside in Nigeria. I was only pointing out how corrupt your government and the military who have allowed many gallant soldiers to die unnecessarily have been siphoning the country's wealth. As for who will die. Leave that to the almighty to decide. As for me an my house we are covered. But with the way you support evil you need to cry for mercy because the Lord's judgement is coming upon the likes of you who hate the truth and politicizing everything in Nigeria, allowing innocent people to die like ants. Your time to cry for mercy is near.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by chinazaekperem2: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
Koolking:

The reason it's madness pallying with your enemy. A country that has emphatically predicted the secession of the pseudo-federating enclave called Nigeria. America will do everything for their prediction to come to pass. Boko Haram may be one of the conspiracies. I won't be surprised. Why is Julian Assange declared an American "fugitive" (fugitive in quote)? Because he knew too much, too much to destroy US and her conspiracies to have unbridled control over African polity.

What do you expect from the west? You can never get any meaningful assistance from the west on a platter of gold. You can only trade with your sovereignty. It is high time we started looking inward, minding our own business and learning to solve our problems our own way. After all, we have all it takes to put our house in order. Our government will never learn because of insatiable greed of our politicians. A day of reckoning will soon come.
aptly written.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Aigbofa:

Aren't you the same guy who said America is funding ISIS? You are far more ignorant than most folks on this thread.
Point out where i said so,you dumb fool.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by winner01(m): 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
fr3do:

Speak for yourself
I love everyone, I just partake in bigotry online for the fun.
naah. U speak for yourself. U wanna tell me love is evident in our country. So much for love
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
F117A: True.
The sudden shift looks suspicious.
The US has not sold us weapons even before GEJ was born.
The few we bought from the brits decades ago were rendered useless due to sanctions.
We are being governed by some very stupidd people.

Word!

The ones from the UK are colonial era weapons. Or perhaps a few light weapons. The UK doesn't sell heavy weapons to just anyone like that, due to bad press, and how everything in modern British is about trying to protect its image against the colonial past. Hearing about "governments killing people with British weapons" is a NO NO for the UK. Yes, the UK will sell you light weapons - and other spare parts if you manufacture weapons. But the heavy weapons aren't for everyone. Moreover, a lot of the heavy weapons the UK has in its inventory today are more or less in conjunction in America and EU countries, with British modifications - apart from the Navy which is about 80% British.

Only France in the core Western circle can sell to Nigeria openly, but I doubt they will also want to sell to Nigeria due to all its francophone neighbours, which the French still control. They should just go to Russia, China, Sweden, and all those former Soviet countries.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Missy89(f): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
shymexx:

I don't think it's about that. Nigeria is definitely one of the most pro-America countries I know on this planet. So pro-America that how the country is governed is a bad copy of the American system, and America has the country on its choke-hold. Isn't Nigeria that same country that lines up behind America all the time at the UN during votes? I'd wager that Nigeria and Nigerians are 100 times more pro-American that those gulf states, and a lot countries in Asia, including Japan.

Anyway, it's not shocking, and I've been saying for months when some posters were talking about buying American weapons that: America doesn't sell heavy weapons to non-strategic countries. It has nothing to do with human rights, or being pro-West. Nigeria is not a strategic country - and the over-saturation of something like the Chinook, is definitely something Pentagon won't allow. What's shocking is that this made the news, and people are shocked about it.

Algeria is a neutral country, and the country isn't pro-West in anything. And I'd say it's more pro-Russia to an extent. However, it has at least two Chinooks because it's a strategic country.

Perhaps, Nigeria can still get the Chinook if they can get a proper lobby group, to lobby for it. But that's the highest they'll be able to get since it's just a transport helicopter. US will never sell any of its fighter jets or the Apache to Nigeria. And they shouldn't try the UK as well, because the UK definitely won't sell heavy weapons to naija - only light weapons.

To some extent, Nigeria is not as pro US as they use to be because of the emerging powers. as for the UN votes, I still don't understand why we cant stay neutral most of the time. maybe because there is no independent foreign policy? and we have decided to keep horsetrading the votes

They should buy the Mil Mi-26. that's a decent Helicopter for transportation in my opinion.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Orunto: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
Double standards indeed. GEJ is going to the US soon. When he gets there, he should call the funny Kenyan boy out to a private corner and deal with him the African way.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
F117A: Point out where i said so,you dumb fool.

Who is the dumbo here? Who is elevating beer palour babble to informed commentary?
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 2:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
swezenberg:

You are just one of the corrupt individuals we are talking about. To burst your bubbles I do not reside in Nigeria. I was only pointing out how corrupt your government and the military who have allowed many gallant soldiers to die unnecessarily have been siphoning the country's wealth. As for who will die. Leave that to the almighty to decide. As for me an my house we are covered. But with the way you support evil you need to cry for mercy because the Lord's judgement is coming upon the likes of you who hate the truth and politicizing everything in Nigeria, allowing innocent people to die like ants. Your time to cry for mercy is near.
You are not mentally sophisticated to understand the fulcrum of my message.
Sending GEJ to jail for corruption can wait,the war against BH cannot.
IF BH runs over the country ,there will be no Nigeria to govern.
So yes,anybody sabotaging our war efforts is an enemy.
You live abroad anyway, so you won't understand.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
F117A: You are not mentally sophisticated to understand the fulcrum of my message.
Sending GEJ to jail for corruption can wait,the war against BH cannot.
IF BH runs over the country ,there will be no Nigeria to govern.
So yes,anybody sabotaging our war efforts is an enemy.
You live abroad anyway, so you won't understand.

In the end, sending your boss to jail could actually be the solution to ending the insurgency. What mental capacity do you have? Talk of a pu.ssy cat acting like a lion.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
eventhough this may be true I stil feel it is an attempt to sweep unda d carpet d saga involin d FG and d bling man in CAN. if not why are we bein fed this afta d discovry?
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Aigbofa:

Who is the dumbo here? Who is elevating beer palour babble to informed commentary?
Get lost.
This is way over your head.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Missy89:
To some extent, Nigeria is not as pro US as they use to be because of the emerging powers. as for the UN votes, I still don't understand why we cant stay neutral most of the time. maybe because there is no independent foreign policy? and we have decided to keep horsetrading the votes

They should buy the Mil Mi-26. that's a decent Helicopter for transportation in my opinion.

Nothing has changed about Nigeria IMO. The only two periods Nigeria wasn't pro-West were: when the Murtala guy was killed, and the period when it was sanctioned. Apart from those two periods, the country has always been super-duper pro-West and supremely pro-American. Nigeria isn't part of the emerging powers sphere - it's under America's choke-hold. And isn't your Finance Minister part of the Rockefeller foundation? Also, the last time I checked, Nigeria still lined up behind America at the UN - Egypt which is a proper American ally didn't even do that.

The country has no foreign policy, and I doubt it has ever had one. Hence I'll always question the intelligence of those ruling Nigeria. Just schmucks running around with blinkered brain cells, labelling themselves diplomats. You'd think a country as big as Nigeria would have one - but it doesn't. Algerian foreign policy is there for all to see. Ditto Egypt and South Africa.

1 Like

Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by bullionmx(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
femmy2010: The Govt should stop fooling Nigerians jare.
If USA doesn't sell Weaponry and craft the Russians would gladly sell and even collect payment on delivery.
Instead they used a privately owned jet to move cash "supposedly" meant to procure arms from SA.
What happened to all our Military Aircraft that can be used for such a mission? What happened to our CBN moving the cash to SA for them?
Nigeria is indeed a theater of the absurd.
God Have Mercy.

SO UR SAYING NIGERIA SHOULD MOVE. MILITARY PLANE TO A SOVEREIGN NATION ABI?
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by InvertedHammer: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
/
Hahaha.

Blacks are equal to Whites?

In a country of millions of acclaimed professors and engineers, Nigeria even though lacking in critical thinking capabilities, cannot use reverse engineering like the Chinese and Iranians to build their own weapons.

Continue running around licking the a.sses of the West, when push comes to shove, they will protect their own.

Nigerians think that because they think very little of themselves that other countries do too. Can't you see the surprise on Nigerians faces when some nations protect their interests because such patriotism is alien to Nigeria?

I still cannot fathom out what gives Nigerians the wrong impression that any country really cares about them. Everyone is in this game for their selfish ends. Don't blame the player, blame the game. It is saddening that the "educated-to-feel-inferior" leaders in Nigeria are playing a game which rules they do not understand.

If anything, the Ebola crisis should have taught Nigerians that if you do not help yourself, no one would. Did the victims get cured with western Zmap? No! We had to improvise when USA refused to yield in releasing the medication. And we survived. That's what brain is made for--thinking.

I will continue to laugh...

\
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
F117A: Get lost.
This is way over your head.

Isn't it obvious who the beer palour debater is? This is Nairaland not mama Ngozi beer joint. If you don't know something you keep quiet and learn from people who know.
Re: US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel by F117A: 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Aigbofa:

In the end, sending your boss to jail could actually be the solution to ending the insurgency. What mental capacity do you have? Talk of a pu.ssy cat acting like a lion.
I am more anti-GEJ than you will ever realize.
I have never voted for him and i won't vote for him.
The only difference between you and me is that i have a functioning brain that rationalizes issues from the root.
I am also free of primordial and ethno religious sentiments.
Incase you dont know,a buhari presidency will also not get US weapons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Antonio Guterres & Amina Mohammed Arrive UN Headquaters In USA (Pics) / Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / Pictures And Videos Of The Dangote Refinery And Navy Fleet Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.