Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite (17155 Views)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Full List Of Elected Governors In Nigeria 2015-2019 / Buhari's Message To Elected Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by arresa: 2:38am On Sep 24, 2014
2sexi: Akpabio is Nigeria's best governor...

That's your worthless and silly opinion and of what relevance is your worthless opinion if you can not back it up with facts?

You really are very unintelligent..
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Atouke: 2:41am On Sep 24, 2014
ujoinme: Akwa ibom 8/10
Enugu 7/10
lagos 6/10
rivers 6/10
delta 6/10
Anambra obi yrs 6/10
kano 5/10
cross river 5/10
jigawa 6/10
osun 4/10
ekiti 4/10
ogun 4/10
katsina 5/10
then the others

Akpabio best governor in Nigeria
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Dcmg(m): 7:35am On Sep 24, 2014
Even Apc governors lik fashola,Oshomole and other apc figures are hyping praise on him.Who is he?

AKPABIO
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Mars88(m): 8:09am On Sep 24, 2014
Remarkable: I want to let y'all know that my state, Abia State, is one that the media has been unkind to.... and this is no surprise, given that the governor's arch-enemy (OUK - whom attempted the assassination of the governor) has used his tabloid to 'character-assasinate' the government of Abia state.

Recall recently how Arthur Eze's comment was boldly & intentionally twisted and circulated as "Abia Stinks" ... (something I read in disbelief since I know the route that was taken by Arthur to the event)

Anyways, the opening comment listed qualifications of the governor, that of T.A. Orji is a degree in Public Administration...

Do you believe that such a man will turn out to be an under-achiever in 'publicly administrating' the state? for no just cause.

I will stick my head out for this man and say that yes,though he did not transform Abia State as a whole... but he transformed Umuahia..... he capitalized on a wonderful masterplan of Michael Okpara and took it to the next level.
Have you seen anyone talk smack about Umuahia?

Exactly!

One would have thought that his predecessor that grew up in Aba would have focused on the city (rather than the city's Football Club) development would have been more spread out with TA focusing on Umuahia... but all in all, I do hope the next governor can transform Aba the way TA Orji has done to Umuahia.

And before anyone of you wants to pray those prayers that goes "May God do this in your life the way TA Orji has done blah blah blah..... I will humbly request that instead of saying Abia State, please focus on and put Umuahia (in place of 'Abia State)... and be sure I will say Amen to that heheh ;d

That's all folks!

Now, who wants to take the first shot at me?

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Mars88(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2014
Abbycite:

Bro........when did he start to dey pay the said salaries.......... Let me guess, after the Tsunami in Ekiti bah!
I don't want to start comparison, but I still rate OGD first term in office higher..... and if u care to dispute this, let's bring their score sheet out.

BTW, its even gullible on Nigerians to rate government officials by infrastructures they built..... Do they use their money finance the projects or the state fund.

My point exactly, they don't create, no income generating/ employment generating project and they are busy celebrating foot bridges, fly overs and roundabouts
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Mars88(m): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=Mars88][/quote]

Is it not a matter of fact that Aba is the commercial hub of Abia State? Is the decadence in Aba really justifiable because as you say, Umuahia is blossoming? Please I repeat let's go beyond Umuahia's White Elephant appearance and initiate a renaissance in Abia State by invigorating commerce and industry.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2014
freshness2020: Cretins Numero Uno!
#Elechi, not surprise of his Congolese education, his state, Ebonyi is just a replica of the man himself!
♈όϋ can go there and confirm!
The man doesn't even live in his state. He lives in Enugu and comes to work in his state. His state, which he governs is so shabby he can't live there. Can you beat that?!
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by lanrexdo(m): 10:00am On Sep 24, 2014
The capital first and other shall follow. If you have lived in abk, you would totally understand that this is a new transformation. The previous governor spent more time on Sagamu and Ijebu axis because he was trying to create ijb state after he has gone an neglecting abk. This welcome development for amouse has been the best so ever the abk people have received from the government. If you where in abk 3yrs ago an now, you would see a big gap then.[color=#990000][/color]
Abbycite:

Are u for real.........we call the man Gov Amosun of Abeokuta..........go outside the state capital, the only tangible infrastructure is the fly overs in Ijebu Ode and Sagamu........ The man used the last three years to provide excuses for the citizens of the state.....
Wages and Salaries (not regular),
Students' Bursary (Not available),
School Fees (Propaganda galour),
Health Sector (not interested)
Sport (not interested)
Agriculture (not interested)
Road and Bridges (apart from Abeokuta axis, others eyesore)

As I dey type this, I just drive through one of the road (Ilisan-Ago Iwoye).....so maybe there is another Ogun State in Nigeria. But the one I stay and live in, the man has a minimal impact (Abeokuta excluded)
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by lanrexdo(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2014
You have to create an avenue for employment before you start thinking of employment. Who said OGD first term was good? Fine he did one and only road from sag-abk and build an ultra market in Sagamu which is more like a dumping site today. Ogun state is a underdeveloped state with little infrastructure. OGD was without plan. All he wanted was to fraud the whole state. Why was abk the same for 8yrs with no single improvement while Sagamu andd ijb gets the whole contracts from the state. Has far as I am concerned. I have been enrouting sag-abk for more than 10yrs now and I can tell you when I see a difference, I would say it. Imagine OGD commissioning a 2 block of class room with reporters. Why did he change the name of the station to OGD and what is OGD construction? All the roads he tared which one is motor able today? And Amosu is here trying to fix all the wrongs for years and all you say is he is making flyovers. Yes abk need flyovers. Do you know how populated abk is becoming everyday?
Mars88:

My point exactly, they don't create, no income generating/ employment generating project and they are busy celebrating foot bridges, fly overs and roundabouts
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by OsaNelson: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2014
Some of Gov. Uduaghan's Achievements. Indeed He is the BEST.

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Abbycite(m): 10:26am On Sep 24, 2014
lanrexdo: The capital first and other shall follow. If you have lived in abk, you would totally understand that this is a new transformation. The previous governor spent more time on Sagamu and Ijebu axis because he was trying to create ijb state after he has gone an neglecting abk. This welcome development for amouse has been the best so ever the abk people have received from the government. If you where in abk 3yrs ago an now, you would see a big gap then.[color=#990000][/color]

ok......d International market, MKO stadium, Olumo rock, Siun-Abeokuta road, New government house, General hospital and others too numerous to mention are situated in Remo/Ijebu axis.....
OGD was reelected because of his achievements in d first term but he f*cked up big time in his second term.....but this one (Amosun), am still waiting for his campaign train where he will point to his project he has done in my area to warrant our votes....

If I can't be impressed with his (Amosun) first term, is it d 2nd term that I should be expecting miracles....
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Kcdojoto(m): 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Representing Anambra

Help me access my state for me
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by NewNigeriaMind: 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
If my 5 year old cousin has access to the funds Akpabio has, he would perform better than that man.

I laugh in Swahili when people mention Uyo, what happened to the rest of the state.

Also, there more people in somolu and alimosho local governments in Lagos than the whole of Akwa Ibom. that state should be a paradise considering they have too much money at their disposal. Whereas the irony is that Akaw Ibom indigenes are mostly stewards in hotels in Uyo or doing meager Jobs. The wealth of the state is in the hands of my people from the south west and from the south east.

4 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Omokos(m): 2:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
When you talk about performance we must put into considration, the various challenges this states face in one way or the other and also areas where they have all performed excellently. Gov. Uduaghan as a case study is the BEST interms of Sports,Healthcare,Education,Transports et l.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Mclick(m): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
okpanachil:

My brother the case of Kogi is pathetic.Teachers in the last 2years have probably spent more time on strike than in schools,infrastructure is a total mess.There is just one central road in the whole of lokoja the state capital,that which runs from nataco to barracks,the same road is ridden with potholes that can conveniently be occupied by the diameter of a car tyre.Every now and then we see a couple of artisans mending and patching the roads,in some cases only cement and sand is used as if it was some wall plastering job.Whenever it rains the roads are flooded becuase there are no drainages infact some routes become impassable.

Infrastrucutures are dilapidated,the only govt library in d capital is more like an abandoned musuem as books and shelves have become artifacts,how can students be encouraged to read?

Infact my submission on kogi is that there is no Government presence because if the state capital can be that abandoned then forget the LGs.
@okpanachil. Ma brother that government enh, must be sent packing in the coming election, they have become double nuisance, imaging a government that can pay salaries, o ma Se o, we need change, lets try, other and see

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by lanrexdo(m): 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
Let what OGD has done in your area last for another 4years. Let this guy concentrate on abk and it axis. Enough for Ijebu at the moment so don't complain.
Abbycite:

ok......d International market, MKO stadium, Olumo rock, Siun-Abeokuta road, New government house, General hospital and others too numerous to mention are situated in Remo/Ijebu axis.....
OGD was reelected because of his achievements in d first term but he f*cked up big time in his second term.....but this one (Amosun), am still waiting for his campaign train where he will point to his project he has done in my area to warrant our votes....

If I can't be impressed with his (Amosun) first term, is it d 2nd term that I should be expecting miracles....
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 25, 2014
OsaNelson: Some of Gov. Uduaghan's Achievements. Indeed He is the BEST.

Best? Please, stop giving false information here. By every known indices, the man Uduaghan is a failure. He has stolen the state blind. Very little is seen in terms of infrastructural development. Go to Asaba, the state capital and Okpanam, her closest neighbor. For such a very small place, hardly bigger than Oshodi, one would expect to see decent enough government presence there, however , the reverse is the case. No single drainage system in place all the way from Okpanam to Asaba, which have led to the breakdown of the single major road linking the 2 towns. A huge shame when you consider that this same Okpanam is the largest place housing most of the civil servants in the state.
Please get your facts right, Uduaghan has done very little to improve the lives of those he has governed for 8 solid years. Even the much touted 'Delta Beyond Oil' was not his idea originally; that came from Ibori; Uduaghan just goes about making noise with it. All I can say is, may Delta state never have this kind of Affliction called Uduaghan come 2015. Amen!
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 25, 2014
Omokos: When you talk about performance we must put into considration, the various challenges this states face in one way or the other and also areas where they have all performed excellently. Gov. Uduaghan as a case study is the BEST interms of Sports,Healthcare,Education,Transports et l.

Please stop misleading the public. Uduaghan does not deserve any 'best' title. The man is a criminal, period! I don't know what you gain by hyping a criminal; everyone in Delta knows Uduaghan is about the worst governor to come out of Delta state, ever, and perhaps, the whole south-south region.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Mars88(m): 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
lanrexdo: You have to create an avenue for employment before you start thinking of employment. Who said OGD first term was good? Fine he did one and only road from sag-abk and build an ultra market in Sagamu which is more like a dumping site today. Ogun state is a underdeveloped state with little infrastructure. OGD was without plan. All he wanted was to fraud the whole state. Why was abk the same for 8yrs with no single improvement while Sagamu andd ijb gets the whole contracts from the state. Has far as I am concerned. I have been enrouting sag-abk for more than 10yrs now and I can tell you when I see a difference, I would say it. Imagine OGD commissioning a 2 block of class room with reporters. Why did he change the name of the station to OGD and what is OGD construction? All the roads he tared which one is motor able today? And Amosu is here trying to fix all the wrongs for years and all you say is he is making flyovers. Yes abk need flyovers. Do you know how populated abk is becoming everyday?
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
eazydon: So have we finally all agreed that Theodore Orji of Abia state is the worst performing governor ever in the history of Nigeria?

When people vote for a cretin like this, what do you expect?

https://www.nairaland.com/655758/jesus-cretin-abia-state-people

I warned back then. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Remarkable: I want to let y'all know that my state, Abia State, is one that the media has been unkind to.... and this is no surprise, given that the governor's arch-enemy (OUK - whom attempted the assassination of the governor) has used his tabloid to 'character-assasinate' the government of Abia state.

Recall recently how Arthur Eze's comment was boldly & intentionally twisted and circulated as "Abia Stinks" ... (something I read in disbelief since I know the route that was taken by Arthur to the event)

Anyways, the opening comment listed qualifications of the governor, that of T.A. Orji is a degree in Public Administration...

Do you believe that such a man will turn out to be an under-achiever in 'publicly administrating' the state? for no just cause.

I will stick my head out for this man and say that yes,though he did not transform Abia State as a whole... but he transformed Umuahia..... he capitalized on a wonderful masterplan of Michael Okpara and took it to the next level.
Have you seen anyone talk smack about Umuahia?

Exactly!

One would have thought that his predecessor that grew up in Aba would have focused on the city (rather than the city's Football Club) development would have been more spread out with TA focusing on Umuahia... but all in all, I do hope the next governor can transform Aba the way TA Orji has done to Umuahia.

And before anyone of you wants to pray those prayers that goes "May God do this in your life the way TA Orji has done blah blah blah..... I will humbly request that instead of saying Abia State, please focus on and put Umuahia (in place of 'Abia State)... and be sure I will say Amen to that heheh ;d

That's all folks!

Now, who wants to take the first shot at me?

Bloody illiterate!

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
Atouke:

I agree that akpabio is a better governor than fashola but at least fashola should get 7/10? dont you think.

What makes Akpabio better than Fashola?

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
Dcmg: Even Apc governors lik fashola,Oshomole and other apc figures are hyping praise on him.Who is he?

AKPABIO

Or you meant Tuface, his wife and then former governors of Akwa Ibom are shouting his praise?

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by ujoinme: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2014
ujoinme:
Akwa ibom 8/10
Enugu 7/10
lagos 6/10
rivers 6/10
delta 6/10
Anambra obi yrs 6/10
kano 5/10
cross river 5/10
jigawa 6/10
osun 4/10
ekiti 4/10
ogun 4/10
katsina 5/10
then the others

Word any disagreement is from apc.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 11:28am On Jun 17, 2015
As I always said, Akpabio is an Amala politician.

https://www.nairaland.com/2377269/list-states-owing-salaries-6/8#34855978

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Southwest Support For Buhari Unshaken - TINUBU / Abiola: Fayose Slams Obasanjo, Hails Buhari / Governor Dapo Abiodun Commissions 100 Vehicles And 200 Bikes For Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.