Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

"We Would Get Back To You" Employers. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. (3226 Views)

Best FREE CV Formats To Make You Stand Out To Employers / BIGGEST Mistakes You Are Making On Your CV - From Employers' Perspectives / Do Employers Ask For Payslip Or Bank Statement Of Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Daluuzor(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2014
Why do employers use the phrase "we would get back to you" after an interview, yet they fail to get back at the candidate. These employers are fraudstars and need to be probed asap! Sometimes candidates will have to wait for days, weeks or months without hearing from the supposed employers on the outcome of the interview.
I think the outcome of an interview should be communicated to the interviewee to prevent HBP.
Share your opinion please.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2014
Lol.. With experience you will know how to tackle such issue.
Its common and its simply because HR professionals have to be diplomatic in their responses.
It is however better if they include that if you don't hear from us between this and that date then you have not been considered for the role.

Whenever I find myself in such a situation this are the method I use.

1) You will understand that I am keenly interested in this job and I would really love to get a feedback from you no matter your decision. Thank you.
That makes the HR person to commit him or herself and usually I get a response.

2) Sometimes I simply ask when do we expect to hear from you and usually they will give you a time frame. If I don't hear from them within that period then I call or send an email requesting for feedback which I most times get.

3) Lastly, during the interview process, I ask them: "What kind of employee can you not work with"? and then I get a story of who they want and what they do not want.
After their response to me, I further ask them if they feel I fit into that description.
The answer you get will generally help a smart person have an expectation of whether to keep dreaming about the job or not.

Lastly, for me it is unhealthy to keep your mind locked on a job or company after an interview or test. If you dont hear from them then contact them. Otherwise, move on and keep aspiring for a better life in this world full of awesome opportunities.

I hope I was able to help.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by MissIndependent(f): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2014
NairaMode: Lol.. With experience you will know how to tackle such issue.
Its common and its simply because HR professionals have to be diplomatic in their responses.
It is however better if they include that if you don't hear from us between this and that date then you have not been considered for the role.

1) You will understand that I am keenly interested in this job and I would really love to get a feedback from you no matter your decision. Thank you.

2) Sometimes I simply ask when do we expect to hear from you and usually they will give you a time frame. If I don't hear from them within that period then I call or send an email requesting for feedback which I most times get.

3) Lastly, during the interview process, I ask them: "What kind of employee can you not work with"? and then I get a story of who they want and what they do not want.
After their response to me, I further ask them if they feel I fit into that description.
The answer you get will generally help a smart person have an expectation of whether to keep dreaming about the job or not.

Lastly, for me it is unhealthy to keep your mind locked on a job or company after an interview or test. If you dont hear from them then contact them. Otherwise, move on and keep aspiring for a better life in this world full of awesome opportunities.

Cool
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by crudedude(m): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2014

Bros this your response na universal set o. All other responses na sub set. One bitter Kola and hot Sprite for you jare cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2014
crudedude:

Bros this your response na universal set o. All other responses na sub set. One bitter Kola and hot Sprite for you jare cheesy

Ehn ehn?
Thanks o.

You guys should not mind all those HR people o.
With experience you will understand a lot of things.
Making people feel like you are saying rubbish during interviews. Its a lie most of the time.
Most graduates are not good in aptitude test I know but once they are able to get to the interview stage I don't believe most people really do that bad as they portray.

Last advice.
For me, there is really no right or wrong thing to say during interview.
the key is:

Say something smart and always stage confidence even if you are not.
This two are priceless.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2014
MissIndependent: Cool

Hope it helps.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by crudedude(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2014
NairaMode:

Ehn ehn?
Thanks o.

Making people feel like you are saying rubbish during interviews. Its a lie most of the time.
Most graduates are not good in aptitude test I know but once they are able to get to the interview stage I don't believe most people really do that bad as they portray.

Last advice.
For me, there is no really right or wrong thing to say during interview.
the key is:

This two are priceless.

You do know someone can print this and paste in his room right? #Priceless.

"Waiter, one more crate of hot Sprite please..." cool

1 Like

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by MissIndependent(f): 11:34am On Sep 24, 2014
NairaMode:

Hope it helps.
Yea Thanks wink
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2014
crudedude:

You do know someone can print this and paste in his room right? #Priceless.

"Waiter, one more crate of hot Sprite please..." cool

You this guy you no well but thanks.

2 Likes

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2014

Spot on! Need I say more? I don't think so.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 24, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Spot on! Need I say more? I don't think so.

HA ah!! Does it make sense like that?
Abeg o.
Its just what I use and has been producing results.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 24, 2014
NairaMode:

Abeg o.

Yea, it is that good.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
Awsome NairaMode!
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
2sExy1: Awsome NairaMode!

Cool stuff. Glad you find it useful.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Yea, it is that good.

Cool stuff then.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by vycee01: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2014

Awesome wink grin
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Ezyp(m): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
NairaMode:

Cool stuff then.
God bless you
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ezyp: God bless you

Amen in Jesus name.
Glad!.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
vycee01:

Awesome wink grin

Sure thing pal.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Daluuzor(m): 4:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
@NairaMode
thanks for your warm response, it's really encouraging.
I went for a test on 15th of September, 2014, and immediately after the test we were asked to wait because the successful ones will be interviewed immediately, so we waited.
After some hours, everything seems like the Gulder Ultimate Search programme as some candidates who sat for the test were evicted one after the other.
Oboy!!! see tension!!
To cut the story short, the few that were left behind after the eviction were interviewed, after I was interviewed, I got the "we will get back to you" slogan, and am yet to hear from them, I believe I did well in the interview stage. Although am not putting all my eggs in one basket, but I think I will write them as I would love working with the company.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
Daluuzor: @NairaMode
thanks for your warm response, it's really encouraging.
I went for a test on 15th of September, 2014, and immediately after the test we were asked to wait because the successful ones will be interviewed immediately, so we waited.
After some hours, everything seems like the Gulder Ultimate Search programme as some candidates who sat for the test were evicted one after the other.
Oboy!!! see tension!!
To cut the story short, the few that were left behind after the eviction were interviewed, after I was interviewed, I got the "we will get back to you" slogan, and am yet to hear from them, I believe I did well in the interview stage. Although am not putting all my eggs in one basket, but I think I will write them as I would love working with the company.

Cool stuff.
You have a great mindset and I love your confidence.

Let me tell you something you may have noticed too.
After each exam or test in school, most people always know the possible outcome of the examination... I do too.

After each interview, we always know if we performed excellently or not trust me. We will always know.
Sometimes some people just use faith while some people just deceive themselves that they did well.
All in all we always know.

The twist however is that HR is a very tricky job. Sometimes they are not looking for a candidate who performed well.
Performing well is a pass mark and a must actually but sometimes some managers are looking for the following:

1) Someone who is teachable.
2) Someone who can take office boredom away by his or her humor.
3) Sometimes even-though you performed well they simply want someone who is tall or who can use excel.
4) Sometimes they want someone who has key experience.
5) Most times they want people who are plain smart (Most times)

So if you believe you performed excellently well, kindly place a call to the HR or send a warm email requesting for a feedback. You will get it.

3 Likes

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Daluuzor(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
NairaMode:

Cool stuff.
You have a great mindset and I love your confidence.

Let me tell you something you may have noticed too.
After each exam or test in school, most people always know the possible outcome of the examination... I do too.

After each interview, we always know if we performed excellently or not trust me. We will always know.
Sometimes some people just use faith while some people just deceive themselves that they did well.
All in all we always know.

The twist however is that HR is a very tricky job. Sometimes they are not looking for a candidate who performed well.
Performing well is a pass mark and a must actually but sometimes some managers are looking for the following:

1) Someone who is teachable.
2) Someone who can take office boredom away by his or her humor.
3) Sometimes even-though you performed well they simply want someone who is tall or who can use excel.
4) Sometimes they want someone who has key experience.
5) Most times they want people who are plain smart (Most times)

So if you believe you performed excellently well, kindly place a call to the HR or send a warm email requesting for a feedback. You will get it.
Thank you very much @NairaMode, I really appreciate your kind gestures. I just sent an email to the company so am keeping my fingers crossed.
Once again, a very big thanks to you.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Isiterere(m): 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2014

thanks for this post, surely going to share this to would be applicants.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by macb2k: 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
NairaMode:

Abeg o.

which means u must have had lot of job offers
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by liliangmail(f): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
I hate dat English..#we will get bk to u###.... cry .. I wrote written interview on March...i gav up on d company after waiting for 2months....To my suprize i was called for oral interview on Aug.! ....of whc i gav in my best....We will get bk to u # was dir last English ....who knws wen we will b called again! ...i cnt seem to get my mind off dat firm no meta how hard i try cry
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
macb2k:

which means u must have had lot of job offers

Yes I have had lots of job offers but I have had more rejections too.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
Isiterere:
thanks for this post, surely going to share this to would be applicants.

ALL IZZ WELL

Glad you find it useful.
Please share.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
Daluuzor:
Thank you very much @NairaMode, I really appreciate your kind gestures. I just sent an email to the company so am keeping my fingers crossed.
Once again, a very big thanks to you.

Sure thing bro.
Good luck.

If the HR is not an inefficient and unprofessional person then they would reply.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Williamso(m): 11:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Very inspiring and thoughtful from Nairamode!!!
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Lero15(m): 7:16am On Sep 25, 2014
NairaMode:

Ehn ehn?
Thanks o.

Last advice.
For me, there is really no right or wrong thing to say during interview.
the key is:

This two are priceless.
3-gbosa for you!
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2014
Williamso: Very inspiring and thoughtful from Nairamode!!!

Thanks.
All for you pal.
Re: "We Would Get Back To You" Employers. by luvola(m): 9:48am On Sep 25, 2014
These hr people !! See what they sent me after Monday interview.

,Thank you for your interest in employment with our company. After carefullyconsidering your qualifications. While your skills are certainlyimpressive, we have decided to pursue other candidates for the position.We will maintain your records and should a position open that matches yourqualifications, we will contact you.Again, thank you for your interest in employment with us.Kind Regards,

(1) (2) (Reply)

N N Fems Industries Limited (ozone) / Oil And Gas Jobs In Crestech Engineering Ltd. Lagos / If The Richest Black Man Alive Can Useless PROFFESSORS ♛ like this! what next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.