Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) (7697 Views)

Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana / Yes, Nigeria’s Total Debt Is $63.7 Billion ,1960 Till Date…okonjo-iweala Admits / YES, Nigeria Is 54: Time For Sober Reflection. Is It Islam Or Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by zeemore: 8:14am On Sep 25, 2014
seankafor: ur a bigot and clown.do i look like u? did u tink i can waste my mb to post unverifyed pics? did u think am a home slave like u.infact gerrout of my thread.

E pain am grin .... You think you can come here and deceive people with unverified pictures from the internet? This is not 1914, this is 2014
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Dibiachukwu: 8:34am On Sep 25, 2014
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by xwolverine: 8:58am On Sep 25, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: You're probably the biggest bullshiyyter and liar I met since I joined this forum.

You might disagree with me, but you have no right whatsoever to call me a liar without substantiated burden of proof. if you've got any objections to the points mentioned, why cant you express your concerns without insults? If you have concrete evidence to dispute the information put forward, state it. The essence of divulging these things is to educate the ignorant enthusiasts about what we have and what we don't have.

@Shymexx, I don't know the reason why they are keeping the acquisitions secret when we will all see it during the military air show
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Samueldo(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2014
seankafor: which country has these?

Nigeria. Check the side wing u will see the NAF logo
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by xwolverine: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2014
shymexx:

What's there to be classified, when the fighter jets in the US and Russian inventory are in the public? Heck, the US announced the first ever combat the f-22 raptor ever took part in yesterday in Syria against ISIS. Though that's more or less comic relief to test the most advanced fighter jet in your inventory, against an Islamist group, with no air defense whatsoever, and call it combat - since that wasn't what it was built for with billions of dollars. But at least we know it has seen combat and the US has about 186 F-22s. Ditto how the Russians always announce whatever fighter jets they add to their air force fleet.

Also, they weren't made by Nigeria - so classifying something you bought from a foreign country is basically pointless since the other country will make it public as part of its arm sales.

I know they had plans to buy JF-17s from Pakistan. But the Su-30 is a new one. I honestly don't trust your source. I'll check military sources to see if it's true. And the US can't sabotage anything since Nigeria isn't under arms embargo.

As funny as it sounds, the reason given is that Nigeria is in breach of their so called senator Leahy laws. This to me is selective double standards, because Nigeria has shown itself over the years as dependable ally, even when we had the tyrants in power (Abacha), our alpha jets were used extensively to end the Liberian and Seira leoninan wars, if we look at the Israeli conflicts with Palestines, there were numerous cases of human right abuse, but the Yanks turned the blind eye.

The sanctions, though unofficial from the yanks, is what our ogas are giving as reasons for not getting the right hardwares, which to me is a blessing in disguise and it further buttresses my point that we should turn East for our military assets. The Cobras blocked from the Israeli deal does 150 mph, the Mi 35m does 150mph and its relatively cheaper. They both have night fighting capabilities, why do we keep on crying about the yanks blocking our purchases?

Our foreign policy is inherently weak and we lack national defence/security strategy, that's why we are constantly being bullied. Would South Africans Handle the $9 million like that if it was the yanks that owned it? Look at Algeria and the debacle when about 60 expertriates of which most were from powerful countries were kidnapped, the Algerians made sure that no fly from any foreign country dared enter their airspace, putting it in lockdown. We on the other hand had to invite the yanks to our country, because of the chibok saga. The yanks were practically left to gather invaluable Intel about our nation and military assets, heck they even refused to share intelligence with our boys. The French who colonised Algeria were practically beg to go near the Algerian border, with a lot of diplomatic negotiations and pleading. After locking down their airspace, the Algerian special forces went in guns blazing and killed almost 20 of the hostages yet we didn’t ear any crap from the west about that operation till today, the only thing the Algerian foreign minister had to say was "we couldn’t allow ransom money to enter the terrorists hands to torment algerians so something had to be done”. After everything, the yanks packed their gears and left without doing jack.

We wouldn't be in this position if after the Biafra wars we had started to harness those inventions from the Ibos. We could have upgraded Dicon to enviable standards , unlike what obtains now, where the only meaningful manufacturing going on in Dicon is reproductions of AK47 in this day and age where college students are manufacturing drones, heck we can't even manufacture military protective gears. Who are we deceiving.

As predicted, GEJ is currently in the US, cap in hand begging the yanks to have mercy, where is our national pride and respect? I'm sure he would be smiling sheepishly while the yanks and Other African countries would be making fun of us. even ordinary Cameroon that doesn't have an airforce are claiming that they carried out strikes inside the Nigerian territory. I don't care whoever occupies the Aso Rock next year, as long as the person has balls of steel.

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by ak47mann(m): 9:54am On Sep 25, 2014
seankafor: ATTACK JETS AND HELICOPTERS.
5)
6)F7 S AIRGUARD
at list you could have upload helicopters fighters that carry nigerian flag on it look carefully cool
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by gebest: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2014
my brother all those equipment are not serviceable.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Hostermipo(m): 11:24am On Sep 25, 2014
EroZA: SA sent troops to CAR to train troops of that country....that was their mission

I SEE, take this scenario, I sent some group of people to you, to teach you how to capture or kill lions and during the course some lions came to attack the group of trainer and kill some number of people among the trainers. the question will be , What kind of training do you want to give, that you can't use against the attackers. why can't SADF use the tactics or strategies they wanted to give the CAR ARMY when the repels attacked them? (please have ur say on this scenario #matured way please
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Hostermipo(m): 11:28am On Sep 25, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
Lol. Are you talking about the same soldiers caught on camera running faster than ben johnson to cameroon. Ok "the lord" is going to fight this one for you too. Hahhahahah grin. Nigeria has no history of aggression against any state. They have only fought a civil war with a break away, ill equipped Biafra. And still had to pay mescenaries from other countries to fight their wars. Nigerian army (alone) * 10 cannot handle RSA or Egyptian army onslaught for a day. And I mean a day. Realistic military people, I know some of them; will tell you that they would pack their bags and go to their village, in an event of such a war.
I don't interact with people like you.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Hostermipo(m): 11:32am On Sep 25, 2014
Omololu007: egypt has d largest land forces in africa guy,mak sure u get ur fact right,,egypt military personel is more dan half a milion
thanks buddy, I missed that up .
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 11:40am On Sep 25, 2014
ak47mann: at list you could have and upload helicopters fighters that carry nigerian flag on it look carefully cool
must it be painted the nigerian colour before it can be nigerian?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Omololu007(m): 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hostermipo: thanks buddy, I missed that up .
u r welcm bro
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Omololu007(m): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
xwolverine:

As funny as it sounds, the reason given is that Nigeria is in breach of their so called senator Leahy laws. This to me is selective double standards, because Nigeria has shown itself over the years as dependable ally, even when we had the tyrants in power (Abacha), our alpha jets were used extensively to end the Liberian and Seira leoninan wars, if we look at the Israeli conflicts with Palestines, there were numerous cases of human right abuse, but the Yanks turned the blind eye.

The sanctions, though unofficial from the yanks, is what our ogas are giving as reasons for not getting the right hardwares, which to me is a blessing in disguise and it further buttresses my point that we should turn East for our military assets. The Cobras blocked from the Israeli deal does 150 mph, the Mi 35m does 150mph and its relatively cheaper. They both have night fighting capabilities, why do we keep on crying about the yanks blocking our purchases?

Our foreign policy is inherently weak and we lack national defence/security strategy, that's why we are constantly being bullied. Would South Africans Handle the $9 million like that if it was the yanks that owned it? Look at Algeria and the debacle when about 60 expertriates of which most were from powerful countries were kidnapped, the Algerians made sure that no fly from any foreign country dared enter their airspace, putting it in lockdown. We on the other hand had to invite the yanks to our country, because of the chibok saga. The yanks were practically left to gather invaluable Intel about our nation and military assets, heck they even refused to share intelligence with our boys. The French who colonised Algeria were practically beg to go near the Algerian border, with a lot of diplomatic negotiations and pleading. After locking down their airspace, the Algerian special forces went in guns blazing and killed almost 20 of the hostages yet we didn’t ear any crap from the west about that operation till today, the only thing the Algerian foreign minister had to say was "we couldn’t allow ransom money to enter the terrorists hands to torment algerians so something had to be done”. After everything, the yanks packed their gears and left without doing jack.

We wouldn't be in this position if after the Biafra wars we had started to harness those inventions from the Ibos. We could have upgraded Dicon to enviable standards , unlike what obtains now, where the only meaningful manufacturing going on in Dicon is reproductions of AK47 in this day and age where college students are manufacturing drones, heck we can't even manufacture military protective gears. Who are we deceiving.

As predicted, GEJ is currently in the US, cap in hand begging the yanks to have mercy, where is our national pride and respect? I'm sure he would be smiling sheepishly while the yanks and Other African countries would be making fun of us. even ordinary Cameroon that doesn't have an airforce are claiming that they carried out strikes inside the Nigerian territory. I don't care whoever occupies the Aso Rock next year, as long as the person has balls of steel.

hav u also forgotten wen BH held a british and an italian hostage in sokoto,ao d nig govt let d british sent dia special forces in to conduct a rescue operation alongsyd d nig army,what d nigerian army special forces should hav done alone,abi y are dey usin tax payers moni,to train,feed an quip dem
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Omololu007(m): 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
Lol. Are you talking about the same soldiers caught on camera running faster than ben johnson to cameroon. Ok "the lord" is going to fight this one for you too. Hahhahahah grin. Nigeria has no history of aggression against any state. They have only fought a civil war with a break away, ill equipped Biafra. And still had to pay mescenaries from other countries to fight their wars. Nigerian army (alone) * 10 cannot handle RSA or Egyptian army onslaught for a day. And I mean a day. Realistic military people, I know some of them; will tell you that they would pack their bags and go to their village, in an event of such a war.
dis comment is so dan funny
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
how would the group properly defend themselves with weopons which were meant for training ?dont you think that those trainers should be commended for their bravery which led to the killings of more than 600 lions courtesy of stones and sticks used in self defense

Hostermipo: I SEE, take this scenario, I sent some group of people to you, to teach you how to capture or kill lions and during the course some lions came to attack the group of trainer and kill some number of people among the trainers. the question will be , What kind of training do you want to give, that you can't use against the attackers. why can't SADF use the tactics or strategies they wanted to give the CAR ARMY when the repels attacked them? (please have ur say on this scenario #matured way please
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by omoharry(f): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
Samueldo:

Please note. We might not have what it take to defend our airspace but don't understimates our land troops and land arsenals. The boko war isn't conventional, the enemies are nigerians, live within the civilian for six years. Let them come out in an open war and see if they can last for one week. The NA is trying why can't we praise and surport them one's

Thank you my brother tell them. Some Nigerians are very ungraceful and unpatriotic. If you continue to rubbish your Arm forces and your country, how do you expect other countries to respect you. Is this not the same country to will cry to when you are being maltreated in other countries?. you citizens that don't know what you have until you lose it.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
xwolverine:

Sorry for the late reply. I just wanted to be in a better space mentally before replying your post due to lengthy it's.

1). I honestyly don't think it has anything to do with what the American Senators think. Nigeria isn't an American "ally" to that level where it benefits America's strategic interest, for the yanks to allow the country procure some of its most sensitive weapons of war. And even if a strategic interest were to be involved, based on mutual threats to both countries, there will be a lot of restrictions on whatever weapons they decide to sell to Nigeria. You can check the type of awkward and bad arms deal the Algerians got from them at the height of AQIM, which was also more or less a threat to American interests, before the Algerians cancelled it: http://www.lemag.ma/english/m/Algeria-cancels-an-arms-market-worth--3-billion-with-the-U-S_a1267.html And Algeria is still somewhat a US ally, albeit neutral - and it's also close to both Russia and China. The country is also more strategic to US than Nigeria is.

Moreover, Nigeria doesn't sign massive weapons deal directly with countries, like most sane countries do. They prefer to loot, and buy through third party contractors, in patches. I've never seen Nigeria sign billions of dollars worth of weapons deal like most countries. Nigerian leaders rogues! There's no sanction on Nigeria - the country isn't straightforward in dealing with. Perhaps that's why no one takes Nigeria seriously.

2). Don't compare Algeria, or any of the powerhouses in Africa to Nigeria. Apart from Nigeria's oil and gas (even Libya has more oil than Nigeria, and Algeria is almost on Nigeria's levelin terms of gas) and the huge population - Nigeria is a very weak country. Nigeria can't even effectively defend its borders and airspace against foreign aggression. Isn't Nigeria the same country where American subs always pop up on its shores all the time? Only God knows how many foreign reconnaissance planes and fighter jets fly through the Nigerian airspace daily.

3). Nobody has time for GEJ at the UN summit in New York. ISIS and Ukraine are the focus for now. I doubt he'll get a chance to even shake hands with Obama.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
xwolverine:

What freaking "Intel" about your porous country are you talking about? You really think we need to be on ground to know everything happening in your official circles? If you became a fantasy writer you would become a very successful one in a very short period...at least if you learned how to spell "Sierra Leonian" properly

P.S: What the hell is a "Breach of so called Sen.Leahy law"? Stop pretending like you know more than you do. Everything you wrote up there was crap, and you know it.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Hostermipo(m): 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
EroZA: how would the group properly defend themselves with weopons which were meant for training ?dont you think that those trainers should be commended for their bravery which led to the killings of more than 600 lions courtesy of stones and sticks used in self defense

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Hostermipo(m): 11:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
EroZA: how would the group properly defend themselves with weopons which were meant for training ?dont you think that those trainers should be commended for their bravery which led to the killings of more than 600 lions courtesy of stones and sticks used in self defense

I know you would say that, that's what I refer to as inexperienced, you are going to a war zone outside your country with light weapons, mind you, their mission there is not only to train but also protect Bangui from rebels, so should have thought logically "what if they attacked us " . if it is Nigeria army that was to go for that kind of mission, they won't go with light weapons, they won't underestimate them, they won't make costly assumptions like "we never know they will attack us " because they already have experience of how they operate and how they think.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 26, 2014
SANDF mission was to train nothing else,Fomac troops were the ones having the mandate of protecting Bangui...

Hostermipo: I know you would say that, that's what I refer to as inexperienced, you are going to a war zone outside your country with light weapons, mind you, their mission there is not only to train but also protect Bangui from rebels, so should have thought logically "what if they attacked us " . if it is Nigeria army that was to go for that kind of mission, they won't go with light weapons, they won't underestimate them, they won't make costly assumptions like "we never know they will attack us " because they already have experience of how they operate and how they think.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Hostermipo(m): 11:00am On Sep 26, 2014
EroZA:
SANDF mission was to train nothing else,Fomac troops were the ones having the mandate of protecting Bangui...

OK , read this
'Elite' protection:
South Africa has about 200 troops stationed in the
capital, Bangui, to block the Seleka rebels from
overthrowing the government of Mr Bozize - who is
now in Cameroon.
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-22025593
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
news headlines are created to attract consumers,the content of that article support my sentiment,what are you disputing?

Hostermipo: OK , read this http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-22025593
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Hostermipo(m): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
EroZA:
news headlines are created to attract consumers,the content of that article support my sentiment,what are you disputing?

by the way, are you a Nigerian?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by xwolverine: 2:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: What freaking "Intel" about your porous country are you talking about? You really think we need to be on ground to know everything happening in your official circles? If you became a fantasy writer you would become a very successful one in a very short period...at least if you learned how to spell "Sierra Leonian" properly

P.S: What the hell is a "Breach of so called Sen.Leahy law"? Stop pretending like you know more than you do. Everything you wrote up there was crap, and you know it.

Like the saying goes "some people are perceived intelligent until they open their mouths".

I've been on this fora for a while and your level of trolling is unprecedented to say the least. You couldn't help but show how low your level of intelligence is, nor could you hide how myopic and shallow your thought process is than to pose a rebuttal to my submission with an effeminate reply filled with inaniloquent conjectures. You couldn't resist the urge to show your lack of courtesy that you had to stoop so low in your bid to score a cheap point, by pointing out a simple typo/misspelled word. What in Pete's name did you write up there? you didn't even offer a dissenting opinion, but your responses are filled with rhetorics and seemingly incomplete half-truths like someone suffering from knismesis. Unlike @Shymexx whom I've been having the discussion with, who unlike you is matured enough to respond with intelligent replies.

You don't know me, neither do you know what I stand for, and unlike you I verify my facts before stating them. Kindly desist from quoting me if you can't offer a meaningful contribution to the topic, cos your maledicent responses are very shallow and becoming rather nauseating.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
I am a nairalander

Hostermipo: by the way, are you a Nigerian?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Hostermipo(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
EroZA: I am a nairalander

ZA, now I know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Going On Here? / We Did Not Ban Export Of Nigeria’s Agric Products – EU / Soldiers Open Fire On Peaceful Protesters At Lekki Tollgate Now (graphics Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.