Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) (7705 Views)

Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana / Yes, Nigeria’s Total Debt Is $63.7 Billion ,1960 Till Date…okonjo-iweala Admits / YES, Nigeria Is 54: Time For Sober Reflection. Is It Islam Or Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ibnsultan: kindly stop saying these trash that you research. You absolutely know nothing about the military
but u re not any better.

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: nigeria airforce.but i didnt see naf on them

Mister go use a better phone or laptop to check
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by xwolverine: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
shymexx: Let's not kid ourselves, Nigeria doesn't have what it takes to defend itself, even against those little Francophone countries in West Africa - if the French can provide air-cover for them (something France will certainly do in a war). These toys can't shoot down anything. And all those aircraft you posted are obsolete.

J7 = Chinese version of Mig-21 (very old fighter jet).

Mi35 = soviet era attack helicopter. Ukrainian rebels shot down about 20 of them with manpads during the Ukrainian crisis.

In a situation whereby there's external aggression from any country in the West, Nigeria should just surrender, so as to protect lives. It won't take even a 3rd rate military 24hrs to degrade everything Nigeria has - and conquer Abuja. A word is enough for the wise.

Shalom! cool

@Shymexx, it seems you are not in tune with the happenings in the Nigerian military. Well, based on my sources in the NAF, Nigeria now owns the following assets/airframes:

- at least 8 Sukhoi Su-30, 4 airframes has been assembled as at last week Tuesday
- at least 12 JF-17 Thunder
- 8 Mi-35M, Mi-171Sh Terminator (mix of 40 ordered, 8 - 10 on ground). This is different form Mi-35 old variants
- 7 ALX Super Tucano (4th gen avionics)

Our AirForce inventory is:

AIR ASSAULT
Mi-171Sh Terminator

NORMAL GROUND ATTACK AND ASSAULT
ALX Super Tucano
MB 339CD
Alpha Jet
Mi-24V/Mi-35P base models
Mi-35M

AIR SUPERIORITY, MULTIROLE FIGHTERS
JF-17
Su-30
F-7 AirGuard
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
xwolverine:
@Shymexx, it seems you are not in tune with the happenings in the Nigerian military. Well, based on my sources in the NAF, Nigeria now owns the following assets/airframes:

- at least 8 Sukhoi Su-30, 4 airframes has been assembled as at last week Tuesday
- 8 Mi-35M, Mi-171Sh Terminator (mix of 40 ordered, 8 - 10 on ground). This is different form Mi-35 old variants

AIR ASSAULT
Mi-171Sh Terminator

ALX Super Tucano
MB 339CD
Alpha Jet
Mi-35M

JF-17
Su-30
F-7 AirGuard

Can you please post pictures?

The only new acquisition I heard about are the Mi-35s.

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by xwolverine: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
shymexx:

Can you please post pictures?

The only new acquisition I heard about are the Mi-35s.

These acquisitions are highly classified, getting the images are nearly impossible. But trust me, these acquisitions are confirmed part of the NAF inventory.

Nobody knows the exact number of the 4th Gen fighter jets, I can only tell you the number of assets on ground based on my sources, I wouldn't include some assets that are still expected. e.g the Kfir is being muted as well, some NAF pilots were sighted evaluating them, another one is the Orders for Tavors for our Army boys and Night vision goggles as standard gear for the 7th division boys and further standardisation across the other divisions. These are not confirmed, but the 4th Gen Jets and Helos are in town.

The information released on the US debacle was because of the attack helos, the plan was to get 40 units of helos for Ground assault and special forces/troops/hardware movement. We were considering the Cobras and Apache from Israel, but was blocked by the US. Before this, an initial 6 Mi-35M was due for delivery in August, me thinks the further request for more was based on the US sabotage.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by hardbody: 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
lonelydora: @op, God bless u. Even if things are going bad, I still believe in Nigeria. If not for politics BH is no match for Nigeria military. The day Army moved weapons to my village (Goodluck Jonathan barracks,Ohafia), that was the day I began to respect Nigerian army.

Bros ka. Ime la gi?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by overhypedsteve(m): 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: APART FROM SOME FEW EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.HOW MANY AFRICAN COUNTRIES.HAS RADAR COVERAGE TAKING INTO COGNISANCE THAT NIGERIA IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST COUNTRY BY SIZE.
ve you ever heard of TRACON yes we ve total rider coverage over Nigeria and parts of Niger and Cameroon. Don't ever undermine your countries effort cus several men are working endlessly to make it what it is today thanks.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by cirmuell(m): 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
Henry120 can you please come an educate this "I too know fellas" tryna downgrade the Nigeria Military?

I just look @ most you guys comments at times and laugh.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by F117A: 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
xwolverine:

AIR ASSAULT
Mi-171Sh Terminator

ALX Super Tucano
MB 339CD
Alpha Jet
Mi-35M

JF-17
Su-30
F-7 AirGuard

These are game changers right here.
This automatically catapults Nigeria to the top of africa's air superiority, with only algeria and egypt as our only true rivals.
I just hope it's true.
*fingers crossed*
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
overhypedsteve: ve you ever heard of TRACON yes we ve total rider coverage over Nigeria and parts of Niger and Cameroon. Don't ever undermine your countries effort cus several men are working endlessly to make it what it is today thanks.
go tell it to some bigots above.tnx for that info.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by F117A: 6:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
BH may be a blessing in disguise.
Waking us from slumber.
If those airframes are indeed true,i hope we dont rest on laurels and get more 4Gen airframes.
Atleast a 150 units of a mix of SU-30s and JF-17 is enough firepower to lock down the continent and keep the keys at aso-rock.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by F117A: 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
Btw ,Nigeria already has total radar coverage of the entire country.
That is old news .
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by fr3do(m): 7:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: I guess you are supporting the Nigeria army based on patriotism. The boko haram problem has been going on for over 5 years now. The Egyptian Army is the strongest in Africa. They have a better train army and better weapons than Nigeria. The Nigeria army is not as strong as it used to be since Obasanjo came into power in 99. I still think our army is not as strong to protect Nigeria from invasion from a strong army. we still have a long way to go and this boko haram insurgency proved that our army is weak

not only is supporting the army an effect of improvement, it is also a cause for it.
Lets all support in patriotism, the army and other institutions in general and feel the flood of overwhelming positive change.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by lonelydora: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
hardbody:

Bros ka. Ime la gi?
Kaa nwanne mi. Unu mela agi?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by rprozy: 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
My dear, u beta open ur eyes ohhh. Wit d way corruption has eaten dis country so far, my broda I must b sincere, we nor get ground army ohhhh not to tlk of air, army dat r not even well trained, na aw to tell civilian to slp for gutter dem sabi . Abi na d black magic own u b dey refer to?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by lorRhyMeZ: 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: stop believing every lies the government tell you.last week a military jet got lost in Adamawa state after a mission there. it took the NAF about 4 days to locate the plane and the plane was located by villagers and not through any radar systems. if Nigeria has total coverage in her air space,why couldnt they locate the plane early?

And u shud stop quoting a comment when u don't fully grasp what d comment is about..didn't u see where I said d coverage is at a certain latitude? That means they can only cover planes flying at normal jet latitude of between 4000 to 13000 metres above sea level...anything flying lower is outside their coverage..
And as for the jet that went missing,didn't u read or hear d part where they said it was clearly been monitored from take off before it suddenly went off their radar? What does that tell u?

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by lorRhyMeZ: 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: why are you comparing IRA and boko haram. The last time I checked IRA did not invade any town or sized territory from the British army. They did not attack military post or barracks. do you think a group like boko haram will last in a western country without been defeated in days? Lets been honest about the fact that the Nigeria army failed woefully in dealing with boko haram

Do u know y I didn't categorically mention the Royal Armed Forces in the fight against IRA? Its becos the british didn't use soldiers to fight the IRA,rather they used police and other specialized units...Counter insurgency isn't supposed to b a duty of any army,its the duty of the police force..

And where is our police force in the fight against boko haram? No where to b found..rather we are using d army who are not trained at all on how to tackle insurgency,no to talk more of one happening within their own very country...cut them some slack therefore.

And if u must know,IRA may not b as cruel and mean as boko haram,buh terrorism is terrorism..
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
zicky: what give you the impression that boko haram group is made up of rag tag illiterate and ISIS educated and organize. If you dnt know all terrorist group foot soldiers are ignorant illiterate dats why they can be easily deceived by their leaders. What I know is that boko haram intelligence and method of attack is as good as any terrorist group in the world.

He's a typical colonised idio.t for whom black is automatically ''illiterate'' and worthless, while non-black is automatically ''literate'' and infallible. Simply ignore him.

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
i can see most people here make ignorant comments. People who are cynics and skeptics as usual won't stop peddling their ignorance. How can a living thing claim Nigeria doesn't have total air coverage?! If you don't know a thing, why don't you just ask and let people educate you?

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by roufy235(m): 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
hmm
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by fairheven: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: IS IT EGYPT THAT CANT PROTECT ITSELF FROM MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD,.POLITICAL CRISES.DONT MENTION ISRAEL COS THEY MUCH OLDER THAN US.U CANT COMPARE 10 YEARS OLD BOY TO 40 YEARS.OLD MAN.WHY NOT DO RESERCHES?
EGYPT CAN NEVER EVER BE A MATCH TO NIGERIAS MILITARY.THE PRBLM OF BOKO HARAM COULD HAVE BEEN A THING OF THE PAST IF NOT FOR MOLES,SYMPATHIZERS AND POLITICS.LASTLY .LAST TIME I CHECKED BOKO HARAM WILL SOON PASS.
U said somtin like "lastly,defence headquarters",is it the defence headquarters building that wd protect us if there's an attack?because I can't see anything special about wat u have just displayed...this is not upto wt is obtainable in an aviation schools in some developing country,if this is wt tied our faith in,then there is danger!
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by 5thNOTE: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
AZeD1: OP you have no idea of what you are talking about.

I don't even think we've achieved total radar coverage.
he is an idiot. All those f7-figther are aircraft made for testing. Like car traning school, the car used 4 training is very useless and never useful or equipped as the real cars. This what nigeria buys.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Omololu007(m): 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
OROSUNBOLB:

The enemies (boko haram) are within; they are mostly Nigerians and this is not a conventional war. Even some of the strongest Armies in the world would find it difficult winning this type of war. Our Army is still one of the strongest in Africa and I can say this; no country in Africa can successfully invade Nigeria.
so are u sayin nigeria can stand algeria and egypt
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Omololu007(m): 11:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hostermipo: Many Nigerians lake knowledge. No country in Africa can invade Nigeria. No country in Africa has experience like the Nigeria army, Not even Egypt, and we also have the largest army in the whole continent. si
many thought having only hardware is what makes a strong country. south Africa thougt that they have arrived because they have many weapon, they wanted to do show off So they sent their troops to Central African Republic, I guess you know what came upon them that time that they have to withdraw their troops in shame. check history of international mission Nigeria army has gone and they always come back victorious. ... just get this right, that war BTW two countries is easier to win than fighting insurgents cause you always have traitors. BUT WHY DON'T MANY VALUE THEIR MOTHER LAND, WHY CAN'T WE ALL PRAISE HER EVEN WHEN SHE'S FAILING. I LOVE NIGERIA AND AM GONNA DEFEND HER TO LAST BREATH .

AS THE LORD LIVES, NIGERIA SHALL PREVAIL
egypt has d largest land forces in africa guy,mak sure u get ur fact right,,egypt military personel is more dan half a milion
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
xwolverine:

These acquisitions are highly classified, getting the images are nearly impossible. But trust me, these acquisitions are confirmed part of the NAF inventory.

Nobody knows the exact number of the 4th Gen fighter jets, I can only tell you the number of assets on ground based on my sources, I wouldn't include some assets that are still expected. e.g the Kfir is being muted as well, some NAF pilots were sighted evaluating them, another one is the Orders for Tavors for our Army boys and Night vision goggles as standard gear for the 7th division boys and further standardisation across the other divisions. These are not confirmed, but the 4th Gen Jets and Helos are in town.

The information released on the US debacle was because of the attack helos, the plan was to get 40 units of helos for Ground assault and special forces/troops/hardware movement. We were considering the Cobras and Apache from Israel, but was blocked by the US. Before this, an initial 6 Mi-35M was due for delivery in August, me thinks the further request for more was based on the US sabotage.

this is perhaps the best news i've ever heard. As for the 4th gen fighters, i am disappointed we didn't get up to 50 of them.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 12:55am On Sep 25, 2014
xwolverine:

What's there to be classified, when the fighter jets in the US and Russian inventory are in the public? Heck, the US announced the first ever combat the f-22 raptor ever took part in yesterday in Syria against ISIS. Though that's more or less comic relief to test the most advanced fighter jet in your inventory, against an Islamist group, with no air defense whatsoever, and call it combat - since that wasn't what it was built for with billions of dollars. But at least we know it has seen combat and the US has about 186 F-22s. Ditto how the Russians always announce whatever fighter jets they add to their air force fleet.

Also, they weren't made by Nigeria - so classifying something you bought from a foreign country is basically pointless since the other country will make it public as part of its arm sales.

I know they had plans to buy JF-17s from Pakistan. But the Su-30 is a new one. I honestly don't trust your source. I'll check military sources to see if it's true. And the US can't sabotage anything since Nigeria isn't under arms embargo.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:12am On Sep 25, 2014
seankafor: IS IT EGYPT THAT CANT PROTECT ITSELF FROM MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD,.POLITICAL CRISES.DONT MENTION ISRAEL COS THEY MUCH OLDER THAN US.U CANT COMPARE 10 YEARS OLD BOY TO 40 YEARS.OLD MAN.WHY NOT DO RESERCHES?
EGYPT CAN NEVER EVER BE A MATCH TO NIGERIAS MILITARY.THE PRBLM OF BOKO HARAM COULD HAVE BEEN A THING OF THE PAST IF NOT FOR MOLES,SYMPATHIZERS AND POLITICS.LASTLY .LAST TIME I CHECKED BOKO HARAM WILL SOON PASS.
Israel is only about 13 yrs older than Nigeria. Egypt will wipe out your country in 6days tops.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:28am On Sep 25, 2014
xwolverine:

You're probably the biggest bullshiyyter and liar I met since I joined this forum.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 25, 2014
SA sent troops to CAR to train troops of that country....that was their mission

Hostermipo: Many Nigerians lake knowledge. No country in Africa can invade Nigeria. No country in Africa has experience like the Nigeria army, Not even Egypt, and we also have the largest army in the whole continent. si
many thought having only hardware is what makes a strong country. south Africa thougt that they have arrived because they have many weapon, they wanted to do show off So they sent their troops to Central African Republic, I guess you know what came upon them that time that they have to withdraw their troops in shame. check history of international mission Nigeria army has gone and they always come back victorious. ... just get this right, that war BTW two countries is easier to win than fighting insurgents cause you always have traitors. BUT WHY DON'T MANY VALUE THEIR MOTHER LAND, WHY CAN'T WE ALL PRAISE HER EVEN WHEN SHE'S FAILING. I LOVE NIGERIA AND AM GONNA DEFEND HER TO LAST BREATH .

AS THE LORD LIVES, NIGERIA SHALL PREVAIL
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Dibiachukwu: 6:35am On Sep 25, 2014

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 25, 2014
Samueldo:

Please note. We might not have what it take to defend our airspace but don't understimates our land troops and land arsenals. The boko war isn't conventional, the enemies are nigerians, live within the civilian for six years. Let them come out in an open war and see if they can last for one week. The NA is trying why can't we praise and surport them one's
this guy u too much Jare I like that wink

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by zeemore: 8:11am On Sep 25, 2014
chimzyblack: LOOK AT THOSE PICS WELL U WILL SEE SOMETHING LIKE A CIRCLE ON EACH OF THOSE JET PAINTED IN GREEN WHITE GREEN DESIGN

Take a look at the background, that is not Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos - See 'THE BEAST' That Was Used To Pick Up Obama At The Airport. / Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS / We Did Not Ban Export Of Nigeria’s Agric Products – EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.