Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) (7698 Views)

Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana / Yes, Nigeria’s Total Debt Is $63.7 Billion ,1960 Till Date…okonjo-iweala Admits / YES, Nigeria Is 54: Time For Sober Reflection. Is It Islam Or Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by eph12(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
NA has been bullsht for some time now but please know that this BH war woyld have been over if not for the dirty politics our politicians chose to play.
Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: DONT U HAV LEGS? DO U TINK ANYPESON CAN JUST WALK INTO MILITARY FACILITIES AND START TAKIN PIX? EVEN JOURNALISTS SOMETYMS ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR SECURTY.REASONS.
I guess you don't know were my legs are
Young man You should have verify your pics first before posting them
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by reedonne: 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: I guess you are supporting the Nigeria army based on patriotism. The boko haram problem has been going on for over 5 years now. The Egyptian Army is the strongest in Africa. They have a better train army and better weapons than Nigeria. The Nigeria army is not as strong as it used to be since Obasanjo came into power in 99. I still think our army is not as strong to protect Nigeria from invasion from a strong army. we still have a long way to go and this boko haram insurgency proved that our army is weak
So what does US war against taliban proved to them?.
That Israel will defeat them in a conventional war?. Can you just mention 5 army that have defeated insurgency in the 21st century?.

4 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by reedonne: 1:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: I guess you are supporting the Nigeria army based on patriotism. The boko haram problem has been going on for over 5 years now. The Egyptian Army is the strongest in Africa. They have a better train army and better weapons than Nigeria. The Nigeria army is not as strong as it used to be since Obasanjo came into power in 99. I still think our army is not as strong to protect Nigeria from invasion from a strong army. we still have a long way to go and this boko haram insurgency proved that our army is weak
Yes, our army cannot defeat egypt(without considering tactics), but we have what it takes to defeat countries like kenya and chad.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
phlemzy: They all look good and attractive. When Nigeria has all this and insurgents still try to take us for granted.

The enemies (boko haram) are within; they are mostly Nigerians and this is not a conventional war. Even some of the strongest Armies in the world would find it difficult winning this type of war. Our Army is still one of the strongest in Africa and I can say this; no country in Africa can successfully invade Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ibnsultan: I guess you don't know were my legs are
Young man You should have verify your pics first before posting them
who toldbu i didnt very them?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Ozonna(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Maybe NAF can defend against our neighbours in ECOWAS sub region but certainly not against nation's like Algeria, RSA, etc ( correct me if am wrong).

Good news is that we're getting there. We've started acquiring helo and very soon we'll see our own 4th generation jets. Truth is defending our airspace is going to be quite expensive and it'll take us years for it to be secure.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
Samueldo: Check this out as at 2010
which country has these?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by idupaul: 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
AZeD1: OP you have no idea of what you are talking about.

I don't even think we've achieved total radar coverage.

Don't mind the child joor, even partial radar coverage no de:: If you are a pilot in Nigeria you will know if you don't radio in no control tower can know where U are
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by EVarn(m): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: I WAS READING ONE THREAD YESTERDAY.TITLED ISRAEL SHOOTS DOWN SYRIAN AIRCRAFT HOVERING AROUND THEIR AIRSPACE. AS I WAS SCROLLIN TO COMMENTS, I CAME ACROSS ONE GUY ASKING WETHER IF AN AIRCRAFT SHOULD BE FOUND IN NIGERIAS AIRSPACE , WHAT WILL WE USE TO SHOOT IT DOWN?HE WENT FURTHER TO ASK WETHER IT IS CATAPULT. AS IF THAT WASNT ENOUGH, ONE OTHER HUMANBEING STARTED SAYING THAT CHAD KENYA S A OR EGYPT CAN EASILY INVADE NIGERIA WITHOUT ANY INTERVENTION CLAIMING THEY HAVE BETTER SPACE DEFENCE ARSENAL THAN NIGERIA.
XO I TOOK AS AN ASSIGNMENT TO DO RESEARCHES AND I CAME UP WITH THESE PROBABLY TO PROVE DOUBTERS WRONG.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
LAST TIME I CHECKED.THESE WEAPONS ARE IN GOOD SHAPE AND CAN BRING DOWN ANY AIRCRAFT WITHIN ITS RADIUS.
1)23 4 SHILKA
2)MISSILE VEHICLE
3)WHEELED SELF PROPELLED SELF SURFACE TO AIR MISSLE
4)SURFACE TO AIR LONG RANGE MISSILE
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by alotofgrace(m): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: I WAS READING ONE THREAD YESTERDAY.TITLED ISRAEL SHOOTS DOWN SYRIAN AIRCRAFT HOVERING AROUND THEIR AIRSPACE. AS I WAS SCROLLIN TO COMMENTS, I CAME ACROSS ONE GUY ASKING WETHER IF AN AIRCRAFT SHOULD BE FOUND IN NIGERIAS AIRSPACE , WHAT WILL WE USE TO SHOOT IT DOWN?HE WENT FURTHER TO ASK WETHER IT IS CATAPULT. AS IF THAT WASNT ENOUGH, ONE OTHER HUMANBEING STARTED SAYING THAT CHAD KENYA S A OR EGYPT CAN EASILY INVADE NIGERIA WITHOUT ANY INTERVENTION CLAIMING THEY HAVE BETTER SPACE DEFENCE ARSENAL THAN NIGERIA.
XO I TOOK AS AN ASSIGNMENT TO DO RESEARCHES AND I CAME UP WITH THESE PROBABLY TO PROVE DOUBTERS WRONG.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
LAST TIME I CHECKED.THESE WEAPONS ARE IN GOOD SHAPE AND CAN BRING DOWN ANY AIRCRAFT WITHIN ITS RADIUS.
1)23 4 SHILKA
2)MISSILE VEHICLE

kindly tell me; how much could i get these rugged, dogged cars, considering the status of our roads?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: which air space are you talking about? Nigeria is a country that cant protect itself from ragtag boko haram. A country where 200 girls were kidnapped and are still missing. Nigeria army is weak and cant protect its borders from invasion from a strong army like Isreal, Egypt and some African countries

let them try to invade na. has this same Israel finish the terrorist in gaza?, isn't america battling with al-Qaeda till this day? don't you have senses to know that you can't just invade and bomb the entire north not because of terrorist.

you have to kill your self sir

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: which country has these?

what is the full meaning of NAF?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by lorRhyMeZ: 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
AZeD1: OP you have no idea of what you are talking about.

I don't even think we've achieved total radar coverage.

Then stop thinking and do more of research. As of 2 or 3 months ago,the DG of NAMA said it in an interview on AIT that due to d recent upgrades in the aviation sector by Stella Oduah,Nigeria now has total coverage of all her Air space...though this is at a certain latitude..
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by mcevans1(m): 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
donnypool:

NIGERIAN AIRFORCE
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by lorRhyMeZ: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2014

I have just 2 qstns for u...

1. If u are to rate british security and defence set up,what number would u give them?

2. How long did it take the british empire to quell I.R.A?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Raiders: 2:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

I have just 2 qstns for u...

1. If u are to rate british security and defence set up,what number would u give them?

2. How long did it take the british empire to quell I.R.A?
why are you comparing IRA and boko haram. The last time I checked IRA did not invade any town or sized territory from the British army. They did not attack military post or barracks. do you think a group like boko haram will last in a western country without been defeated in days? Lets been honest about the fact that the Nigeria army failed woefully in dealing with boko haram
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by zeemore: 2:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
1)23 4 SHILKA
2)MISSILE VEHICLE

These are not Nigerian, you prick

seankafor: I TOOK AS AN ASSIGNMENT TO DO RESEARCHES

Assignment/research indeed grin.... No Nigerian flag, no Nigerian colour, no painting, no nothing. You are really disgusting, imagine, you are even defending some of the pictures. #noCommonSense
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Raiders: 2:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
lorRhyMeZ:

Then stop thinking and do more of research. As of 2 or 3 months ago,the DG of NAMA said it in an interview on AIT that due to d recent upgrades in the aviation sector by Stella Oduah,Nigeria now has total coverage of all her Air space...though this is at a certain latitude..
stop believing every lies the government tell you.last week a military jet got lost in Adamawa state after a mission there. it took the NAF about 4 days to locate the plane and the plane was located by villagers and not through any radar systems. if Nigeria has total coverage in her air space,why couldnt they locate the plane early?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by chimzyblack(m): 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
zeemore:

Assignment/research indeed grin.... No Nigerian flag, no Nigerian colour, no painting, no nothing. You are really disgusting, imagine, you are even defending some of the pictures. #noCommonSense
LOOK AT THOSE PICS WELL U WILL SEE SOMETHING LIKE A CIRCLE ON EACH OF THOSE JET PAINTED IN GREEN WHITE GREEN DESIGN
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bwahahahahahaha

Would that thing right there even be able to shoot down a drone, moving at snail speed? grin undecided
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by ChristineC: 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
Where does the belief that African countries can invade Nigeria come from?
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
Let's not kid ourselves, Nigeria doesn't have what it takes to defend itself, even against those little Francophone countries in West Africa - if the French can provide air-cover for them (something France will certainly do in a war). These toys can't shoot down anything. And all those aircraft you posted are obsolete.

J7 = Chinese version of Mig-21 (very old fighter jet).

Mi35 = soviet era attack helicopter. Ukrainian rebels shot down about 20 of them with manpads during the Ukrainian crisis.

In a situation whereby there's external aggression from any country in the West, Nigeria should just surrender, so as to protect lives. It won't take even a 3rd rate military 24hrs to degrade everything Nigeria has - and conquer Abuja. A word is enough for the wise.

Shalom! cool
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
zeemore:

ur a bigot and clown.do i look like u? did u tink i can waste my mb to post unverifyed pics? did u think am a home slave like u.infact gerrout of my thread.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
donnypool:

nigeria airforce.but i didnt see naf on them
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Raiders: stop believing every lies the government tell you.last week a military jet got lost in Adamawa state after a mission there. it took the NAF about 4 days to locate the plane and the plane was located by villagers and not through any radar systems. if Nigeria has total coverage in her air space,why couldnt they locate the plane early?
why did it took all the world power countries about 2 3weeks to locate the missing malaysian flight? a plane went out of radar means they lost contact with it either as a result of crash or mechanical fault.and note u donr expect the dhq to start singing that they found a crashed aircraft on radar.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by goldfish80(m): 3:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nigerian army is under equipped like other sections of the country. This is 2014 but the primary weapon our infantry soldiers clutch are rusty ak47 with celotape holding together their cartridges then a dagger as the secondary weapon, no side arm nor night vision googles.
Most of our battle tanks are old world War 2 relics which should have been decommissioned.
The less said about NAf the better. I hope we see out this week without hearing about one of our so called alpha jets crash landing in some remote village in Chad.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Hostermipo(m): 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
Many Nigerians lake knowledge. No country in Africa can invade Nigeria. No country in Africa has experience like the Nigeria army, Not even Egypt, and we also have the largest army in the whole continent. si
many thought having only hardware is what makes a strong country. south Africa thougt that they have arrived because they have many weapon, they wanted to do show off So they sent their troops to Central African Republic, I guess you know what came upon them that time that they have to withdraw their troops in shame. check history of international mission Nigeria army has gone and they always come back victorious. ... just get this right, that war BTW two countries is easier to win than fighting insurgents cause you always have traitors. BUT WHY DON'T MANY VALUE THEIR MOTHER LAND, WHY CAN'T WE ALL PRAISE HER EVEN WHEN SHE'S FAILING. I LOVE NIGERIA AND AM GONNA DEFEND HER TO LAST BREATH .

AS THE LORD LIVES, NIGERIA SHALL PREVAIL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by barthchuks(m): 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: U DONT BOOK SPACE IN MY THREAD. embarassed
then "unbook" me

1 Like

Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by seankafor(m): 3:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
goldfish80: Nigerian army is under equipped like other sections of the country. This is 2014 but the primary weapon our infantry soldiers clutch are rusty ak47 with celotape holding together their cartridges then a dagger as the secondary weapon, no side arm nor night vision googles.
Most of our battle tanks are old world War 2 relics which should have been decommissioned.
The less said about NAf the better. I hope we see out this week without hearing about one of our so called alpha jets crash landing in some remote village in Chad.
yes the army carry ak47 because this country is not a war zone where every person carries rpg and mi6.but when it comes to war , then their u will c weapons.then as for tanks.wether it is from vietnam war or anytin.as far as it can perform its duty and be managed.then it s a go.as for naf.i think u need to go back to research ones more to view our abled aircrafts.
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
shymexx: Let's not kid ourselves, Nigeria doesn't have what it takes to defend itself, even against those little Francophone countries in West Africa - if the French can provide air-cover for them (something France will certainly do in a war). These toys can't shoot down anything. And all those aircraft you posted are obsolete.

J7 = Chinese version of Mig-21 (very old fighter jet).

Mi35 = soviet era attack helicopter. Ukrainian rebels shot down about 20 of them with manpads during the Ukrainian crisis.

In a situation whereby there's external aggression from any country in the West, Nigeria should just surrender, so as to protect lives. It won't take even a 3rd rate military 24hrs to degrade everything Nigeria has - and conquer Abuja. A word is enough for the wise.

Shalom! cool
Re: Yes Nigeria Has What It Takes To Protect Her Airspace(pix) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
seankafor: yes the army carry ak47 because this country is not a war zone where every person carries rpg and mi6.but when it comes to war , then their u will c weapons.then as for tanks.wether it is from vietnam war or anytin.as far as it can perform its duty and be managed.then it s a go.as for naf.i think u need to go back to research ones more to view our abled aircrafts.
kindly stop saying these trash that you research. You absolutely know nothing about the military

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Going On Here? / Oyo Pdp Chairman Has Been Assasinated: / Imo Privatises Water Corporation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.