Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:58 AM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (232462 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
snowhyt:
the story aint bad.. infact its very educative and somany lessons can be learnt from it.
just keep updating and we'll keep reading and commenting... more mb 2 your phone
hey snowhyt long time.. Hw have u bin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
kingphilip:

Na you be this?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
You dissapointed me." Was the last thing he said
before he walked in.

Serena was really a disappointment but she is redeemable I'm sure of that

thank goodness she hasn't gone far into the relationship.. she'll surely come to realize ha dad did what's best for here

great one d9ty7 still following
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Neephemie(f): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

Do enjoy the rest of your day.

Well-done D9ty7, dere r lots of lessons 2 b learnt frm stories lyk dis. We r ready 2 help u kip goin. D Lord z ur strength dear
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by tecno4life(m): 7:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7 Deeninetyseven u rock bro, da young Wizard.
It seems this story is going a different way from what I thought.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Neephemie(f): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
Evry girl @ 1 point or d oda dd dat so Serena cnt b an exception it's jez teenage naivety. Her dad shud jez giv her som fatherly advice nd m sure she'll be fyn. D mama wey 4 explain tins 2 her pikin sef her own worse. Anita neva receive insult. Dee abeg add more salt. Well done dear
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
Anita aka leftover... Patrick should talk sense into is brother left ear....
Serena ?.. No comment..
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 9:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
kingphilip:

i'v been fine and u?
BTW where have u been hiding?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
Neephemie:
Evry girl @ 1 point or d oda dd dat so Serena cnt b an exception it's jez teenage naivety. Her dad shud jez giv her som fatherly advice nd m sure she'll be fyn. D mama wey 4 explain tins 2 her pikin sef her own worse.
True talk
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

u have pratically done ur best bro. thumb up
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 7:03am On Mar 10, 2015
D9ty7:

Na you be this?
walahi na me o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 7:31am On Mar 10, 2015
snowhyt:
i'v been fine and u?
BTW where have u been hiding?
NYSC section stole my heart away when literature section's future was looking so bleak

but with the homecoming of d9ty7 and larrysun, there is hope

so more of me you'll b seeing around
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by ibizgirl(f): 11:14am On Mar 10, 2015
Oga d9ty7 you are the bomb. I love this story, unpredictable and filled with lots to learn. Serena's dad is been too hard on her, but I can understand given his recent break up. @ 18 girls have boyfriend but it's the parents that can guide them on the level to which those relations should go.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kwencypresh(f): 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
wow
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
kingphilip:

NYSC section stole my heart away when literature section's future was looking so bleak

but with the homecoming of d9ty7 and larrysun, there is hope

so more of me you'll b seeing around
owk dear... wlcm back
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Flakeey(f): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
chaiiii

where do i start from? angry
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
snowhyt:
owk dear... wlcm back
Tnx o.
I missed u sha o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
Flakeey:
chaiiii

where do i start from? angry
Payback time. Looool
http://www.google.com or http://www.ifa.com.
Mariamferanmi can help you with the second website.
How you dey ma?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
kingphilip:

Tnx o.
I missed u sha o
i missed u too o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
Hey guys, sorry I won't be updating tonight. I have typed the update halfway already, but I just can't continue.
Check this thread before 7:30am tomorrow and you'll get to read something.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 10:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
D9ty7:
Hey guys, sorry I won't be updating tonight. I have typed the update halfway already, but I just can't continue.
Check this thread before 7:30am tomorrow and you'll get to read something.
Thank you... Have a wonderful night rest!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 6:54am On Mar 11, 2015

Taking time to study the philosopy behind the existense of heaven, earth and the things that dwell in them, one would realise that everything created by God is in pairs. While the created heaven, he created earth and both places are dweliing places. While he created the animals on air, he created the ones on land, while he created man, he added the woman to make the equation complete, an act that brought about pocreation and reproduction. While he created the good, he created the bad, while he created the saviour of the world, at a point, one of his creations became the agent of destruction. And it is in nature for man at a point to keep making efforts and in the end, have nothing to show for it, while some set of people put little or no efforts at all and in the end, things tends to work their way. But as nature is no respecter of anybody, a day or time will come when the always successful man will hit his low and fail, while the man who has never tasted success will at a point make it big and looking back, he will feel like he had never suffered in his life.
Serena tried to cast her mind back to the time everything was rosy between her parents and happiness runing through the family. She realised that there was never a time to pick because her present predicament seemed to have beclouded her sense of reasoning. And just like a popular writer, J K Rowling once said in one of her books, "these creatures are out to suck out the happiness in ones life and the only way to foil their attempt is to think of sad moments in your life." And nature sometimes plays trick on us, because at the time when one tries to think of sad moments, happy moments keep springing up, thereby empowering the creatures.
Serena after her father had walked out on her three days ago, she has been unable to face him. She had skipped meals and eaten in the comfort of her room. Skipped going to church by either going on her own or going to any of the branches nearby.
She remembered the last conversation she had with Davies, how he had adviced her like the big brother he was and she could not help but agree with everything he said.
The doorbell rang bringing her out of her reverie, as she stood up and walked towards the frontdoor to meet Jake who had already forfeited his flight schedule all in the name of love.
"Hi." He said.
She ignored him and let him into the house. Her heart pumped faster, being her first time of inviting a boy home without Stephanie beside her.
"Thanks for allowing me to come. At least I will be able to explain myself.
"Shhhh." You don't need that. Am cool with you." She replied and could see his eyes lit up in happiness.
"But I still don't see sense in why you have refused to return to school."
"There is enough sense in it. I am working on my transfer already." He replied.
"And you had no problem convincing dad and mum?" she asked.
"Dad was okay with it, afterall, he was never in support of my living alone in the states, but mum, she took me to three churches, before she was sure that I am not possessed." He replied with a short laugh and Serena could not help but smile too.
"Sorry don't mind my manners. What do I offer you?" She asked.
"Your heart and the love that comes with it." He replied.
She looked at him like he was acting or playing a prank, but the serious and expectant look on his face told her all she needed to know. That was when she realised that she wasn't ready to discuss things with him before she allowed him to visit. Now, she couldn't decline his request and also couldn't accept it.
"Fine, I'll just get you a pack of fruit juice." She said as she walked into the kitchen where she had to sit down to think.
"Are you okay?" He asked five minutes later when she hadn't returned.
"Yeah. Am fine." she replied as she got up on her feet and approached the fridge, but he prevented her from doing so.
"Baby, what's going to happen to us, now that I have decided to stay?" He asked.
"I don't know o." She replied.
"Are you saying despite all my pleading, you still find it hard to forgive me? Even if nothing happens between us."
"You can't understand."
"Really? Don't try me, because I understand more than you do. But to die while struggling is not in my gene. I stabbed my pride and pleaded to you or do you think I can beg just any girl? That shows how special you are, but its all good. And I will just leave."
Is this boy loosing it? What did I say that warrants this?" She asked herself as she ran after him, with one thing in mind, hug him and tell him she was joking.
"Jake, please wait." She called as she got out of the house, only to see her father discussing with Jake like they were familiar with each other. One burning look from her father influenced her reasoning, as she turned back. Into the house she went.

--to be continued--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 8:59am On Mar 11, 2015
Uh! This is serious! I wasnt expecting this to happen. I wonder what her dad would do this time
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Idydarling(f): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2015
this is my first time commenting, u've got a very good story dear buh lemme chip in a suggestion about Jake; I think he z kinda pround and authoritative here, serena is shy a lot web she's with him, he should treat her more gentle dan dat, he was der wen her parents wer divorced & should realise she's still fragile, we girls can b very emotional wen it comes to matters of d hrt, tell Jake not 2 b angry at every lil issue with the poor girl, nice one u got der D9ty7
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2015
Idydarling:
this is my first time commenting, u've got a very good story dear buh lemme chip in a suggestion about Jake; I think he z kinda pround and authoritative here, serena is shy a lot web she's with him, he should treat her more gentle dan dat, he was der wen her parents wer divorced & should realise she's still fragile, we girls can b very emotional wen it comes to matters of d hrt, tell Jake not 2 b angry at every lil issue with the poor girl, nice one u got der D9ty7
The bolded got me cracking. And btw, thanks for reading and also dropping your comment.
But you'll be the one to talk to Jake. You know I am a man, but if you talk to him, he will listen to you. He can slap me if I try talking to him.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:18am On Mar 11, 2015
Ziziola:
Uh! This is serious! I wasnt expecting this to happen. I wonder what her dad would do this time
I wasn't expecting the story to go this way either, but it had to, because its about time Serena stop running into trouble with her dad. But.... the next turn of event will suprise you o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 9:33am On Mar 11, 2015
Jake and her Dad?.... I can't just want to read the next Update!!!!.....

Serena heart must be running/beating 200kM/hrs
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 10:25am On Mar 11, 2015
i was expecting this 2 happen... @lest Mr. Thomas wld hv a serious talk with d very one who occupies his little girl's heart
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by shankies215(f): 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
D9ty7, cum nd update pls, nor gimme hrt attack......serena might rebel, she is 18 for heaven's sake!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by shankies215(f): 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
had it been serena na Hausa geh ni, at 18, she wil be nursing ha third child o, dis one ha dad is controlling her assif he is d one dt will marry her

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (75) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.