Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,797 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (232486 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
Fail!!!..180 in jamb!!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by TrishaP(f): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
kingphilip:
so she scored 130 no b small thing o

why she register with ha papa number nw shey she no de think me

nice one d9ty7 continue d good work

BTW the DNA results never come out??
130?! undecided but he never said that.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Lilyomi(f): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
O no! I hope she did not fail! Too bad. Sobs. D9ty7 if she fails eh...... Wat wl I do sef . But pls let her pass
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Neephemie(f): 8:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
Haba! Dee wat kind of suspense z dis fa? U dnt want me 2 sleep well 2nyt abi? Bt biko Serena must pass o else d shame 'll b 2 much. Gud work dear. More inspiration!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 8:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
People here sabi conclude wella o. I never talk sey na 130 she get, kingphilip, don't jump. One brother above said 180, u be JAMB ni?
Wait till either Serena or her father decides to tell us the score.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 8:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
kingphilip:

@bolded. Mesef wan ask o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
Lilyomi:
O no! I hope she did not fail! Too bad. Sobs. D9ty7 if she fails eh...... Wat wl I do sef . But pls let her pass
Don't worry, Serena no go fail. Fine girls no dey fail exam na.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 8:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
D9ty7:
People here sabi conclude wella o. I never talk sey na 130 she get, kingphilip, don't jump. One brother above said 180, u be JAMB ni?
Wait till either Serena or her father decides to tell us the score.

Lol.. Am just guess... I knw that you are very Good in twisting a story!!! Ride On!!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ok i wan see d way dee go take corner dis part

serena score *mouth sealed*

bt some of the ajebo children na dullards dm b oo

bak in d days wen dy go cum sidon near d bad bt brilliant boys during test/exam... Hlp dm nd gt sumtin in return grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by omotalkie(f): 9:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
Yipee! Serena has passed her Jamb. *Dancing Shoki*
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 10:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
Serena... You better pray make your scores reach 200, or else...

Oga oooo... Ladies can be naughty and funny at times, imagine... i wonder when this two kids will become a woman.
That's why I'm always proud of been a guy or make I use man

Anyways, Oga dee... Thanks for the update and have a wonderful night rest
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
Cant believe she is dumb when she has no time 4 nothing else bt reading, steph u good jare. d9ty7 u too badder
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
TrishaP:

130?! undecided but he never said that.
yea but I guess she scored lower
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by alabig(m): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
That very moment when you thought you have been on top of the world and you were easily flawed by pride. Serena will spend another year at home or runaway from admitting verbal humilation from steph.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 12:31am On Mar 17, 2015
jeez, i'v missed alot o **runs 2 page 22**
kingphilip:

hian!! see conclusion abeg..
its possible Serena's score is very high... her dad might want 2 give her d good news in a shocking way.... as d oga(d9ty7) said "fine girls no dey fail exam"
If i had a frnd like Seph, walahi life go tire her cus i'll so frustrate her life that even if she scored 400 she wldnt hv d guts 2 inform me abt it.
as for Anita, lemme nt say anytin yet... or lemme say smtin little; her foolishness keeps upgrading
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 12:43am On Mar 17, 2015
i don't like this new Serena o, she had better learn how 2 control her tongue... ôkpolo(frog) eye no b open eye, tlking anyhow doesnt mean she has bcome wise
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by shankies215(f): 1:45am On Mar 17, 2015
serena baby, wetin u cum score now, #SerenaMustPass
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 17, 2015
oh Serena,did you fail,,it must not be.
btw why should someone hate Serena
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by skinnybleed(m): 9:01am On Mar 17, 2015
Bros, chai! I know wah u re up to now, to torture me with suspense definitely, good one I must say,bro keep it up i dey yur back like school bag grin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2015
Hmmmm....... If she fails it is not her fault. Let's blame it on family and friends issue
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 17, 2015
please what's her score??
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 1:54pm On Mar 17, 2015
Next update to drop in minutes.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 3:09pm On Mar 17, 2015

Serena was lying on the floor in her semi dark room. The time was 6:5pm and for the last two hours, after her encounter with her angry father, she had restricted herself to her room. Afterall, she had succeeded in getting the word 'disappointment' out of her father's mouth for the third time in two weeks. She wanted to tell her father she was sorry, but what was she sorry about? She couldn't tell. Even though she wanted to beg her father, she still couldn't bring herself to do it, she just stood defiantly in front of him and cried inside without shedding a single tear. But all hell was let loose when she entered her room. That moment, she realised the implication of scoring 191 in UTME exam. Another extra year.
Her mind drifted back to Stephanie's call, how would she handle the news of her failure? She would definitely mock her and make life hell for her, but that is if she told her her score. But knowing Stephanie, she could go any length to get a glimpse of her score.
The door creaked and the next second, even though everywhere was getting dark, she could still make out Dave's figure as he walked in, using his phone backlight as torch.
"Serena." He called as he got to her empty bed.
"I am here." Serena replied weakly.
He walked to the side of the bed, bent down, held her two hands and helped her up.
"Are you okay?" He asked her made her sit on the bed.
"Am fine." She replied with a weak smiled.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Uhnn uhnnn." Her voice threatened to break but she held her breathe.
After almost a minute of silence, he spoke again. Probably he was searching for the right words to use at the moment.
"Dad told me about you score. How did you do it? What happened?" He asked, the cocern evident in her voice. Even though they weren't close siblings, Serena still felt the sadness in his voice.
"I don't know what went wrong." She replied.
Silence enveloped the room for another minute before he spoke again.
"Except the exam body made use of bad computer, I don't believe this is your score. I mean, for the last two months, you are always at home 24/7. Tell me, who do you do while at home? Eat and sleep? If you had prepared very well, you should at least make the benchmark of two hundred. One hundred and ninety one is nothing to write home about. And you know dad will never settle for the less."
she has been expecting this, she knew he would definitely yab her and put the blame on her.
"There is no point repeating what dad had already told me, I know I failed because I didn't prepare. Lets talk about something else." She thought.
And as if he could read her mind, he expertly changed the topic.
"So, what do you intend to do now? I mean, UI won't accept anything less than two hundred. Do you plan purchasing the change of institution form or what?" He asked.
"I know UI is out of it. I think I will just purchase Ede polytechnic form and hope for the best." She replied.
"Are you just knowing dad? He won't give you a kobo to purchase the form. If its anything short of the University, forget it. He won't even support your going to a state university." Dave replied.
"But no fedral university in the South west will take below two hundred." She added sadly.
"I'll talk to Nathan, I think there are some one hundred and ninety courses in Unilorin. At least last year, there was. Hopefully, there will be this year too, but first, you need to do a change of course." Dave explained. "But don't put your hopes so high, Dad might not buy the idea of going for a change of course, he wants you to spend that extra year at home. And he won't let you go to a private Uni either. Just pray that he accepts, I will talk to him. There is no way you are spending an extra year at home."
Serena looked at her brother searchingly, for the first time, he wasn't on their father's side.
"Thank you bro." She said with a smiled.
"Don't thank me yet. Pray he accepts and bear it in mind that you deserve a spank for not getting two hundred at least." He said with asmile.
Like seriously, Dave is making jokes? She asked herself.
Five minutes later he left her room and she was once again back with her thoughts.
Will he let me take the change of institution form? Will he support a change in my course? What will Stephanie say if she hear about my score? Were the question on her mind as she drifted into sleep.

END OF CHAPTER 9

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 3:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
And 191 is not too bad for her, at least she got what she deserve... She even try self, With all whats she has gone through... Anyways, I'm just harji, and not Mr oluwole

Thanks for the update bruv
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Lilyomi(f): 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Thot u said she passed I suspect Steph. Maybe der was an influence sumwer. Did karma miss her way? This shd b steph. But reality is reality.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
Sakara don end!!!... I said it early that she is going to fail....
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by omotalkie(f): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
Oh! Poor Serena! *Sobs*
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by JojoBlue(f): 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
Serena sorry oo, pele. This kind of thing can pain very well oo.

But I just can't help thinking Stephanie is involved in this cos she and Serena were still best buddies when she registered for the exam. So she must have known she used her Dad's number...hmm.. ..

D9ty7 do the needful
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by StormAngel(f): 4:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
angry u almost got me there d9ty7, teling us shes gona pass...

191 na pass abi
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
oga oo 191 for my dear Serena
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
snowhyt:
jeez, i'v missed alot o **runs 2 page 22** hian!! see conclusion abeg..
its possible Serena's score is very high... her dad might want 2 give her d good news in a shocking way.... as d oga(d9ty7) said "fine girls no dey fail exam"
If i had a frnd like Seph, walahi life go tire her cus i'll so frustrate her life that even if she scored 400 she wldnt hv d guts 2 inform me abt it.
as for Anita, lemme nt say anytin yet... or lemme say smtin little; her foolishness keeps upgrading
this kind of surprise can't b that of jubilation dear
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
Ziziola:
Hmmmm....... If she fails it is not her fault. Let's blame it on family and friends issue
family or no family no excuse for failure

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (75) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.