Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,352 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (232002 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
My guy for me and my household, we are on #Team OluwoleandAnitaMustGetBackTogether
D9ty7:

Like seriously?
Onemansquad, join me over here #teamJake

Who see's the implication of this re-union on the life of serena and the story?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
Change sharpaly abeg
Onemansquad:

bad boys rock mehn
#teamjake#
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
#teamDave you didn't mention mine
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
queenjuli:
#teamDave you didn't mention mine
TeamDave kwa? So Dave sef get team? Na wa o.
Tell me more, you dey crush the guy ni?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ma start to dey type abeg
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
stuff46:
Change sharpaly abeg
ogbeni calm down
bad boys rock #teamjake
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
D9ty7:
@snowhyt: I mean, these people are between the ages of 17-19. What do you expect? You turn me down as a friend, I go for your friend. You turn me down, I make life a living hell for you.
Though not all guys between that age range do it, but believe me, in the Yoruba community where I am from? There is always a plan B(either your friend, you sister/cousin)
have u 4gotten that the genesis of the breakup between Serena and Jake started when Jake kissed Steph?? b4 the kiss, things were moving fine between Jake, Steph and Serena.. Also Serena wented appologising 2 Jake and accepting 2b his girlfrnd b4 she found him with her dad and then u knw how d story ended.
Age doesnt count here, cus i blive that @ dis age they shld hv some sense.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
team nobody cus the way things are goin everyone has his/her own wahala.. anybody can messup @ any time
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
Stick to my own team, i think thats more beter.
snowhyt:
team nobody cus the way things are goin everyone has his/her own wahala.. anybody can messup @ any time

It's just the mother aspect thats missing in serena's life, her father seem to be shying away from comfronting that bi.tch even thouqh he had cauqht them arguing some times back. If it were to be a woman then i bet you that her problem with jake, the bi.tch would have been history by now or be making its way in it.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
snowhyt:
have u 4gotten that the genesis of the breakup between Serena and Jake started when Jake kissed Steph?? b4 the kiss, things were moving fine between Jake, Steph and Serena.. Also Serena wented appologising 2 Jake and accepting 2b his girlfrnd b4 she found him with her dad and then u knw how d story ended.
You do have a point there. But as at the time Steph and Jake kissed, Serena was having trouble giving in to Jake's advances. And Jake as a very sharp boy, started working on the plan B(Steph) And even though they both attested to the fact that the kiss was a mistake. Jake pleaded to be given a chance, to the extent that he forfieted returning to the US. Stephanie pleaded for her to forget everything and give Jake a chance. Serena as a result of her naivety couldn't give Jake a definite answer, she attacked Steph with words.
I still maintain my stand on this issue, Serena partly contributed to her own problem.
Age played a huge role in the whole issue. The only person who had little or no issue with age is Steph. Jake going back to start something with Steph and denying Serena up to the point that he said she was forcing herself on him is childish. Serena was unsure of her chances of finding happiness with Jake which is normal for every right thinking lady. But when Jake stabbed his pride and visited her home, why couldn't she just give him an answer? The guy walked out and that instance, her brain clicked and she suddenly wanted to say yes to him, which was why she ran after him and they ran into her father which led us to the denial and everything.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
stuff46:

It's just the mother aspect thats missing in serena's life, her father seem to be shying away from comfronting that bi.tch even thouqh he had cauqht them arguing some times back. If it were to be a woman then i bet you that her problem with jake, the bi.tch would have been history by now or be making its way in it.
which mother? Anita?? had it been Anita is a right thinking mother then i will follow ur team but no she can't even make good decisions on her own talk more of hlping Serena in her present situation
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
stuff46:

Am telling you. But the use of the word B is not right. Serena is my girl o, make she no vex.
I think if Serena's mum were to be in the house, things wouldn't have gotten to this stage. You know, ladies/girls have this confidence in their mothers and in Serena's case, it wouldn't be different. Therefore, rather than beg her father, she'll simply tell her mother everything and the elderly woman will put her through, this is how we do it.
It is only during case whereby the mother is dead that ladies run to their father. Most times, there is always an aunty to talk to.
I just think family issues got to Serena on this one. If you'll agree with me, Dave is having no problem, Nathan from all indication has no problem even though he is the apple of their mother's eye.
Cc: Kingphilip
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2015
D9ty7:

You do have a point there. But as at the time Steph and Jake kissed, Serena was having trouble giving in to Jake's advances. And Jake as a very sharp boy, started working on the plan B(Steph) And even though they both attested to the fact that the kiss was a mistake. Jake pleaded to be given a chance, to the extent that he forfieted returning to the US. Stephanie pleaded for her to forget everything and give Jake a chance. Serena as a result of her naivety couldn't give Jake a definite answer, she attacked Steph with words.
I still maintain my stand on this issue, Serena partly contributed to her own problem.
Age played a huge role in the whole issue. The only person who had little or no issue with age is Steph. Jake going back to start something with Steph and denying Serena up to the point that he said she was forcing herself on him is childish. Serena was unsure of her chances of finding happiness with Jake which is normal for every right thinking lady. But when Jake stabbed his pride and visited her home, why couldn't she just give him an answer? The guy walked out and that instance, her brain clicked and she suddenly wanted to say yes to him, which was why she ran after him and they ran into her father which led us to the denial and everything.
Steph knew Serena loved Jake yet she kissed him.. remember Steph said it was her fault they kissed.... Then Serena had not given Jake a definit answer; if Jake truely love Serena like he claimed he would have exercised a little more patience and denying Serena and making her look like a cheap slut before her dad shows that he never really loved her
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
Anita needs a little advice and more importantly prayers. As you can read, she was almost on the verge of having a change in mind until the devil incate of barrinster showed up.
snowhyt:
which mother? Anita?? had it been Anita is a right thinking mother then i will follow ur team but no she can't even make good decisions on her own talk more of hlping Serena in her present situation

On her part i think she would have played a major role to scrub all this petty problem that loomed in the life of her precious daughter.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
Exactly my point
D9ty7:

Am telling you. But the use of the word B is not right. Serena is my girl o, make she no vex.
I think if Serena's mum were to be in the house, things wouldn't have gotten to this stage. You know, ladies/girls have this confidence in their mothers and in Serena's case, it wouldn't be different. Therefore, rather than beg her father, she'll simply tell her mother everything and the elderly woman will put her through, this is how we do it.
It is only during case whereby the mother is dead that ladies run to their father. Most times, there is always an aunty to talk to.
I just think family issues got to Serena on this one. If you'll agree with me, Dave is having no problem, Nathan from all indication has no problem even though he is the apple of their mother's eye.
Cc: Kingphilip

And mothers would find it hard to scold you to stay clear off a friend rather they advice you to be mindful of your dealings with them.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
On point
snowhyt:
Steph knew Serena loved Jake yet she kissed him.. remember Steph said it was her fault they kissed.... Then Serena had not given Jake a definit answer; if Jake truely love Serena like he claimed he would have exercised a little more patience and denying Serena and making her look like a cheap slut before her dad shows that he never really loved her
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2015

Serena had been alone in her room for the past two hours since Stephanie left. Stephanie had knocked on her door for five minutes and when she realised that she wouldn't bulge, she left angrily much to Serena's relief, but she felt empty and in need of a friend to talk to. Stephanie was automatically ruled out of the category of friends, same with Jake. The only candidates left was Henry and Labake. While Labake may be the best candidate, she knew she couldn't trust her just yet. Who open up their hearts to friends that they haven't seen in a year. With Labake ruled out, Henry remained the only person she could talk to, afterall, he remained her first love, even though he ended up breaking her head and moved on to having a fling with Stephanie, she still felt the urge to call him and pour out her mind to him. But the Henry she knew won't give her listening ears, he is always joking and playing pranks, no serious moment for him, which means he couldn't help her situation with talks, he could only make her laugh and in the process ease the tension for a few hours.
Her ringing phone brought her back to life. Alas, it was Dave.
"Hello." She said quietly.
"Big sis.... Sorry, lil sis." He quickly corrected himself before bursting into laughter, she joined him in the frenzy. "Hope, you are ready?" He asked.
"Ready for what?" She replied trying to stabilize her breathe.
"Don't be silly. I thought I promised to take you out today and also introduce to you, the reason behind the change in me." He said.
"Oh! That's true. Where are you now?" She asked.
"I am playing a fast one on dad here, if it works, I'll take a bike and rush home to pick you up and off with go with the Rover." He replied.
"Bad boy, you want to trick your oga, no salary be that." She said.
"Just get prepared okay? I'll be there in thirty minutes." He said before hanging up.
Serena stood up with a smile, stretched herself before walking into the bathroom with the necessary things.
Twenty five minutes later, she was done with dressing and application of her make up. Amd just when she decided to call Dave, the gate was opened and he walked into the compound.
"Oya, come out here o." He shouted happily as he entered the living room.
Serena walked out to join him in the living room.
"Hey!" He said.
"How do I look?" She asked.
"Like a doll." He said and bursted into laughter. "Sorry." He quickly said noticing the angry stare she game him.
"Be serious jor."
"You look breath-taking. But wait o. Is it because you are going out with me that you dressed up like this? What if it were to be your boyfriend? You'll just use a whole bucket of paint."
"Ahn ahn. My make up is not heavy, is it? Its just light make up." She said.
"Don't mind me, I am just kidding."
Ten minutes later, Dave was driving along the University college hospital(UCH)- Mokola road with a smile on his face. Serena couldn't help but wonder what made Dave a changed man. Only time would tell, she had concluded and seven minutes later, he drove into the UCH.
"Cool down, this is where she works." He said noticing the suprised look on her face.
"She? Wow! Dave's got a girlfriend." She thought.
"Did I just say she? Gosh!" He hit his fist on the steering wheel.
The smile on his face became more evident as he pulled the car of the road and stopped beside a young lady, who couldn't be more than twenty two or twenty three and a young girl who couldn't be more than eighteen.
"Hello baby." The lady said as she moved over to the drivers side at the time Dave came out and they hugged.
"Did I keep you guys waiting?" He asked as he led her to the passenger side.
"Not at all." The lady replied.
"Taiwo, what's up?" Dave greeted the young girl with a hug.
"Sweetheart, meet my little sister, Serena. Serena, meet my girlfriend, Bolaji." Dave said.
To everyone's suprise, Bolaji bent her knees.
"Good afternoon my sister-in-law. Its nice meeting you finally." Bolaji said.
"Good afternoon ma." Serena said laughing at the little stunt pulled by her brother's girlfriend.
"This is her kid sister, Taiwo. She also wrote her UTME exam yesterday." Dave said calmly.
"Really, its nice meeting you. I am Serena"
"I saw you yesterday." Taiwo said.
"Where?" Serena asked.
"University of Ibadan, ICT center. You came to collect my dad's complimentary card." Taiwo replied.
Then it hit her, Taiwo was the girl who greeted her from inside the Marcedez Benz G-wagon.
"This world is indeed a small place." She concluded as Dave drove them out of the UCH.

--to be continued--
The story about the take a new turn. Maybe Serena would find her lost happiness now, only time will tell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
snowhyt:
This woma sha! She sure has response to everything you say. You be google ni?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
stuff46:
Anita needs a little advice and more importantly prayers. As you can read, she was almost on the verge of having a change in mind until the devil incate of barrinster showed up.

On her part i think she would have played a major role to scrub all this petty problem that loomed in the life of her precious daughter.
u are right.. i just pray Anita fully comes bck 2 her senses
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
D9ty7:

This woma sha! She sure has response to everything you say. You be google ni?
lolx... i'm just contributing to the story o and also stating my observations
hmm, Taiwo is gonna b Serena's new bestie 4 sure... i just hope she's not as soft as Serena #2 wrongs cannot make a right#
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by nifemilizy: 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]hmmmmm,my mind is beginning to come down now for my little dear serena,i jst hop it all,end well for her. as for steph & jake i comment my reserve :Phmmmmm,my mind is beginning to come down now for my little dear serena,i jst hop it all,end well for her. as for steph & jake i comment my reserve
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:40pm On Mar 18, 2015
snowhyt:
lolx... i'm just contributing to the story o and also stating my observations
hmm, Taiwo is gonna b Serena's new bestie 4 sure... i just hope she's not as soft as Serena #2 wrongs cannot make a right#
I must confess, you are making the contribution big time. I enjoy reading them to speak the truth.
I will create Taiwo to perfection overnight like God created Eve. But I don't think Taiwo would soft like Serena. Remember she spoke to Serena even without knowing her at the exam centre. She looked a bit outspoken like Steph.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
Onemansquad:

no ojoro na 1-1 no mata hw d goal b
OK o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
seyitanhep1:
u read story so? I was trying to get where the story said Serena went to the miracle center but I no gree see o. Maybe you should show mi
it wasn't spelt in black and white

there was a place I think he said that's the advantage to going to a village school to sit for exams

maybe d9ty7 will clear the air because me no fit go do ultimate search ontop Serena matter
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
@Seyitanhep1: It wasn't categorically stated that Stephanie went to a miracel centre to write exam. If you read every dialogue, then you'll see where Serena said it.
Serena said it not me.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 11:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
snowhyt:
1. yea, she didnt knw Serena's score b4 now, she told Serena her score cus she wanted 2 prove 2 Serena that she wasnt dull as Serena thought.
2. one thing is getting the software another thing is knwing how 2 use it.. i'm sure Serena didnt make use of d sofeware cus she has alot goin through her mind and mayb, just mayb she doesnt knw hw 2 use d software.... Serena has always been a good frnd 2 Steph... Steph stabed her @ her back by kissing Jake when she knew fully well that Serena loves Jake...
3. dont u smell a dead rat?? y did Jake call Steph @ dat time 2 ask 4 Serena's score? do u wanna tell me its a mere coincidence?? come on, Jake and Steph must hv planned that visit.
4. my dear i didnt skip any part; u actually read d wrong thing.... Steph was d one who wrote WAEC d second time @ a miracle centre and not Serena
1. Yes she wasn't dull
2. the cbt is so easy to use that without u bin to s cafe to learn u can answer those questions... for goodness sake she owns a laptop and this is not what u say it's complex for crying out low
3. like seriously she never made ha intention known to Jake so Serena probably thought dat she has freed him out of ha mind and she not attending a party organized for ha probably made Jake think maybe she doesn't like him and den jumped on to d next available option
4. pre-planned or not If Serena had scored 280 what would have happened?? she failed to avert this and I blame ha for this
5. OK tnx for bringing it to my notice I thought twas Serena.. sorry for d mixup
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
snowhyt:
If d story has gone another way then there'll surely b a bad moral at the end
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Oliver twist of a dee.
Nice update today
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 11:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
Viewing this topic: Maryofficial(f), macpetrus(m), jagabanjbl(m), Galaxdiva(f), Princefame1, pammusphy(m), donkizzydaboss(m), D9ty7(m) and 3 guest(s)
I catch una today. Lemme see if you will comment or not.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Lilyomi(f): 12:09am On Mar 19, 2015
For two guys to date steph in such circumstances, serena must b careful n fynd out wat she does wrong. Wat I realised is steph easily dates so she wl not really feel much pain must Jake leave.
See da strength of a woman. Dave is now calm. Taiwo may be Serena's new frnd. D9ty7 wif ur argument, u wer a kid. Doing dat to an adolescent means trouble. U knw they h8 bn disgraced. It strains relationships. Da reason most of us hide some info frm parents. Da chain of communication was broken. Everyone makes mistakes n da result was enough punishment for Serena.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by MrNiceGuy5: 12:20am On Mar 19, 2015
Preparing stage for the final battle . I suspected stephanie had expose during the last jamb . Let's wait and see sha . Welldone oga d9ty7
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Maryofficial(f): 12:59am On Mar 19, 2015
D9ty7:
Viewing this topic: Maryofficial(f), macpetrus(m), jagabanjbl(m), Galaxdiva(f), Princefame1, pammusphy(m), donkizzydaboss(m), D9ty7(m) and 3 guest(s)
cheesy
D9ty7:

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.