Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,839 members, 7,851,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (232506 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by d4real890(m): 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
#TeamNathaniel on point lets relax and see how oga d9ty7 his going unfold the misery
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by TrishaP(f): 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
What is it with the Thomas family and their raging anger? Yanking Serena that got her to the ground is not cool.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Love don change dave ooh
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by eitsei(m): 12:10am On Mar 21, 2015
love is a beautiful thing
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 12:29am On Mar 21, 2015
Hmmmm....... Oga D na so ooo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 3:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
Too complicated for me to go for one, am so confused
D9ty7:
For the records, Nate had no idea of the latest development in the house(the reconcilation) so, its nw up to him to spill it out to someone. Certainly, Dave is out of the picture(they ar nt on good terms) their father is out also, wich leaves the Serena option. But if I were to be in his shoes(even tho I dnt wear other pple's shoes) I won't tell anyone about it, but to avoid problems, I will do everything possible to ensure that Anita doesn't return to the house. Yes, I love my mum nd I love my dad. A cheating partner cud kill, so I'll save my popsy's life while as mumc's favourite, I let her be, so she can explore the world some more.
Stuff46, what do you think?

I want anita back in the house but that would be hard to come by, considering oluwole's history. Mehn oga dee na your hand we de.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by StormAngel(f): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2015
No update yet d9ty7
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ndukings92(m): 8:31am On Mar 22, 2015
Oga abeg come continue
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by d4real890(m): 9:07am On Mar 22, 2015
Oga d come update joor
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:25am On Mar 22, 2015
Sorry guys for the delay. I might update before 12noon today, but if it happens that I couldn't, that means we'll get two quick updates before 2pm.
But, first things first. #charging
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 9:46am On Mar 22, 2015
D9ty7:
Sorry guys for the delay. I might update before 12noon today, but if it happens that I couldn't, that means we'll get two quick updates before 2pm.
grin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by heemah(f): 12:54pm On Mar 22, 2015
D9ty7:
12:53.....hwaiting....
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
heemah:

12:53.....hwaiting....
11:45
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2015

The time was 10:50pm when Serena woke up from her sleep.
"Wow! So I slept for over four hours?" She asked herself as she got out of bed, switched on her bedside lamp.
She walked into the bathroom, washed her face and returned a few minutes later. The event of the day came flashing in her mind. She remembered how Nathan had flung her away like a piece of paper. Remembering how she came crashing, she chuckled. The worms in her stomach gave her a last warning as she dragged herself out of the room into the brightly lit corridor.
"So, the gen is on?" She asked rhetorically as she entered the living room where Nate was holding a game pad as well as Dave.
"What's going on here?" She asked as she walked over and sat beside Dave on the floor.
"You are awake?" Dave asked.
"No, I am still sleeping." She replied and they all bursted into laughter. "Don't tell me you guys are playing game."
"Well, on the other hand, the game is playing us." Nate replied with a straight face. Only Dave gave a short laugh to his joke.
"Dad demands that you see him once you are awake." Nate said as he paused the game and walked out of the living room.
"What's wrong with him?" Serena asked picking up his abandoned game pad and resumed the game.
"Dad wants to see you." Dave rememinded her.
"I will go." She replied.
"Serena, why not now?" Dave asked.
"He could be busy or asleep." She replied.
"He asked to see you, so, he'll stop whatever he is doing to attend to you and no, he is still awake. Now run." Dave said and Serena ran out of the living room, but once she got to the corridor which connects to their parent's room, their father's study, the guest room, she stopped running, and slowly, but steadily walked towards her father's study.
Her mind was filled with questions as she approached the study. One was the reason why he asked her to see him. Is it because she slept for four hours, two days after failing her exam woefully? Certainly not, he had asked her to see him right from the time she returned from her outing with Dave.
"Come in." He said and she turned the door knob with a shaky hand.
"Good evening daddy." She greeted as she walked into the room which is as big as her bedroom, if not bigger.
"How are you?" He asked without removing his eyes from his computer screen.
"Am fine." she replied.
"I sent for you." He said and silence prevailed once again save for the sound from the standing fan which stood just beside his chair.
After about a minute in which no one said a thing, her father spoke again.
"Get me Dave."
She curtly excused herself and walked out of the room. A minute later, she returned to the study with her eldest brother.
"Dad, you sent for me." He said confidently as he sat on the chair opposite his father's.
"Take a look at this boy." His father replied pushing the laptop computer over to him.
Dave turned it to himself and browsed through with a smile on his face.
"This is beautiful. How much are they offering?" He asked.
"We can't say that now." Oluwole Thomas replied nodding towards Serena.
"Oh! I forgot, strangers are not allowed to know about our dealings."
"Exactly. Work on a perfect breakdown of the estimate, send it to the Finance director." His father said as he made to leave.
"Okay sir."
A minute later, when Dave had left the study, Serena was still standing without knowing what to do.
"Another contract?" She asked.
"Yeah." Her father replied.
"Thank you Jesus." She muttered.
"We'll celebrate it won't we?" Her father asked.
She could only smile.
"Now, the reason why I sent for you is to ask you about your plans. Dave spoke to me already, but Dave is Dave and Serena is Serena."
"I am thinking maybe.... Change of institution form." she stammered.
"You want to drop UI?" Her father asked.
"I have no choice. 191 is relatively low." She replied.
"How much is the form? Is it out yet?"
"I don't know." she replied.
"I know you'll become serious one day."
"Am sorry sir." she said.
"Let me know when the form is out and any other thing you might need. Okay?"
she nodded her head in the affirmative.
"Open that drawer. The yellow bag inside is yours."
Serena fearfully approached a table on top which books lay and pulled out the drawer. She fished out the yellow bag and inside it lay a brand new Samsung Galaxy S 4.
"Waoh! Dad, this is for me?" She asked.
"Yes. I got it for you hoping you'll score 400 in your exam, but since you decided to give JAMB some of your marks, I realised that there is not point keeping it."
"Thank you very much sir." She said as she hugged him happily.

--to be continued--

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
I am forty minutes late. One more update to drop before the end of today.
#busySundayAfternoon.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
Am happy for serena... Dave is are saving Grace...
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 4:19pm On Mar 22, 2015
Paradise163(f), Seun(m) and 1 guest(s)
Oga Seun, you dey read so? Oya make barman give him a carton of orijin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by kingphilip(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2015
I knew Mr Thomas meant well for Serena but for ha naivety she'll think ha dad don't mean well for ha.. congratulations on ur new phone Serena we really need to celebrate this

she's still been referred to as a stranger maybe til she finishes ha university before she'll b regarded as an insider

nice one Dee it's in u
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Neephemie(f): 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
Wow! Congrats 2 Serena. Lets see wat our Nate z up 2 coz ion seem 2 undastand dat guy o. Welcome bk Dee
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2015
D9ty7:
I am forty minutes late. One more update to drop before the end of today.
#busySundayAfternoon.
yea, all sundays re busy and dull. Thanks 4 d update. #teamserena#
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by omotalkie(f): 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
Yea! Serena has gotten a new fone. You must be happy in dis book oooh#TeamSerenaMustBeHappyAgain#
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
D9ty7:
Paradise163(f), Seun(m) and 1 guest(s)
Oga Seun, you dey read so? Oya make barman give him a carton of orijin
oboy u bad oo u catch oga seun dy peep abi grin grin grin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 5:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
Onemansquad:

oboy u bad oo u catch oga seun dy peep abi grin grin grin
I catch am red handed ni walahi
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
am loving you now Mr Thomas..
You don't have to let your daughter's result name her.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2015
Am loving this now. My baby girl is going back to being happy
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by oka4ugoo: 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
NICE JOB, UR LAST UPDATE GOT ME LAUGHING. BRAVO!!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Uthman51(m): 10:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
cool
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2015

Serena walked out of her father's study with the feeling of the happiest girl in the world. She was now a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy mobile device.
"Where are these guys?" She asked as she entered the living room where the game they were playing was still on.
She headed to Nathan's room where she saw the two boys engrossed in whatever they are discussing, but the moment Nate saw her he kept quiet signalling Dave who did the same.
"Hey." Nathan said.
She ignored him and dropped the bag she was holding on Dave's laps.
"What's inside?" Dave asked.
"Check it." She replied happily.
"Oh! Your phone?" He said.
"Yes, how did you know?" She asked.
"I am dad's PA. Actually, I bought the phone." He replied.
"So, you can't buy me a Iphone?" She asked with a smile as she jumped on Nathan's bed, much to his annoyance.
"Can't you see I just made my bed?" Nate asked angrily.
"I saw it. That was why I am on it." she replied with a smile. Afterall, he has been acting up since he returned from school with cuts and wounds. If he was trying to be crazy, she definitely would dish it out to him, by making him angry, afterall, he remained her favourite sibling and vice versa, so the chances of him raising his hands on her is next to zero, given the advantage of being a woman.
"And you can't use your brain? Can't you see that the sheet will become ruffled?" He asked angrily.
"Oga, calm down jor. If you sleep on it, won't it become ruffled?" Serena asked playfully, but Nate was having none of that.
"As you can see, when you came in I was discussing with Dave, can you please excuse us?" He asked.
"Definitely, I can excuse you guys, provided Dave asked me to, because I no longer understand you guys. The last time I checked, you are not friends, you rarely discuss and even when you do, it is always in the open where a third party can listen and be a part of the discussion."
"So, what are you insinuation. Is he not my brother? Are we little kids?" Dave cuts in.
"That's not what I mean bro..." She was saying.
"Say nothing more. Please excuse us." Dave cut her short.
"Okay, but I..." She was saying when Nathan's phone rang.
"She is the one calling." He had said to Dave before answering the call.
"Hello, good evening." He said.
He listened for a minute or two as he exchanged meaningful glances with Dave.
"Listen to me mu..." He was saying but kept quiet immediately he noticed Serena's presence.
"There is nothing to talk about. This has been your long term aim isn't it?" He asked. "Oh yeah, it is. And to say I felt like a fool right now, like I have been used. I mean, who does this? You left less than two months ago and you are hanging out with men aready and this time, not just anyman, but..." He voice trailed off.
Dave stood up, stood beside his brother and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.
"He is here with me." Nate said before giving the phone to his brother who took it happily.
"Good evening." He said calmly.
He listened for a few seconds before replying.
"Serena is fine too." He replied.
He looked from a visibly angry Nate to a confused Serena.
"Yes, he told me about it, but I was suprised and deeply disappointed."
He removed the phone from his ear and faced Nate.
"She don cut."
With Serena still on her feet, Dave and Nate resumed their discussion, only that this tume they spoke inaudibly and while Dave did the talking, Nate replied in monosyllables and gestures.
"Will you guys tell me who you just spoke with?" She asked.
The two of them ignored her and stood up to walk out of the room.
"Dave, who is that person that asked after me? What's the matter?" She asked holding him tightly.
"Am sorry, I can't tell you now. Maybe later." Dave replied removing her hand off his shirt.
"Should I inform dad?" Nate asked.
"Not yet." Dave replied.

END OF CHAPTER 10

3 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 12:00am On Mar 23, 2015
I can c peace and unity in d family
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by ligopedro: 12:09am On Mar 23, 2015
Thanks for the update man... Been waiting altru yesterday...
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 7:01am On Mar 23, 2015
Finally... The serect of the sound is coming out!!!... Nice one nath for informing Dave!!!. Serena caant hold the serect for now becausee, she is going to break Down!!!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Uthman51(m): 8:24am On Mar 23, 2015
No matter how long dey try to cover d secter e do still reveal... ride on bro

Stuff my origin don finish oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (75) (Reply)

Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices / My Life At DESPO By Whizkidefe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.