Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms (1725 Views)

Protesters Storm NASS Over Edo $75m Loan Request / Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request / Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loanrequest For Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by mogentle(m): 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
Is this democracy? $9.3m scandal.......No debate
$1billion arm's loan......No debate. Chaiiii, is thiq how PDP want to be running Nigeria? This is daylight robbery.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
What did they need the $1b dollars for again? WHich arms? I thought they said the $9.3m seized in SA was for Arms? Ayo Blink Blink Oritsejafor and Jonathan must explain.

Nigeria Senate is a Rubber-Stamp of the Executive angry

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by kaeycea(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
Before we continue to shout blue- murder,
who hz done a market survey on the cost of military hard-ware...
What type of military hard-ware is the money meant for....
How many of this hard-wares are they out to purchase...
Since the payment wont be in cash and will involve senate approval whenever there is cash payment, is it proper to start shouting corruption as early as this....
We should have full grasp to answer to all these before we can criticise objectively without being sensational about it...

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by delvinmaya(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
kaeycea: Before we continue to shout blue- murder,
who hz done a market survey on the cost of military hard-ware...
What type of military hard-ware is the money meant for....
How many of this hard-wares are they out to purchase...
Since the payment wont be in cash and will involve senate approval whenever there is cash payment, is it proper to start shouting corruption as early as this....
We should have full grasp to answer to all these before we can criticise objectively without being sensational about it...

my brother, the thing tire me o, thought I was the only person who read that the payment won't be in cash! See as grown men are screaming murder and corruption, like they can't read. The quoted post clearly states what our concerns should be.

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
kel4soft:

Yes, but is on record, APC senators voted against it.
We are really taking this politics thing
too far... later when the FG sends Boyscout to the apc states without WEAPONS to help manage conflicts and insurgency, na una go still complain.
Besides no cash money is involved here, do we read to comprehend at all?
It's just like buying something from me on credit... later an appropriation bill will be debated to fund the debt. But for now no time to waste time. This is a matter of urgent National Security

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by kel4soft: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Gabbysky:
We are really taking this politics thing
too far... later when the FG sends Boyscout to the apc states without WEAPONS to help manage conflicts and insurgency, na una go still complain.
Besides no cash money is involved here, do we read to comprehend at all?
It's just like buying something from me on credit... later an appropriation bill will be debated to fund the debt. But for now no time to waste time. This is a matter of urgent National Security

What is taking politics too far? Have they accounted for the previous billions spent? You are the one supporting this stinking govt phoolishly.
Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by size38: 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Only God in heaven knows how much of this money that will end up in the pockets of our wicked politicians.
Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by luvmijeje(f): 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
kel4soft:

Can you fault APC herel? Just point one thing they did wrong here.

As of today, they are the majority in the senate. I didn't even know that until I checked their wiki page which even make it more dissapointing
Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by kel4soft: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
luvmijeje:

As of today, they are the majority in the senate. I didn't even know that until I checked their wiki page which even make it more dissapointing

They were never majority in senate. It was in the lower house of reps they led by 2 lawmakers but that they have lost due to several defection of their lawmakers to PDP and also APGA and Labour Parties almost a branch of PDP. APC don't pretend to be an opposition party. The PDP have majorities in both chambers. Senate and Reps.
Re: Senate Okays Jonathan’s $1bn Loan Request For Arms by kel4soft: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
luvmijeje:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Democracy In Action As Jonathan Win Buhari In A Free, Fair And Credible E-voting / Again! See What Oshiomole Did To A Group Of Widows In His State! (photos) / What Mistakes Ndi Igbo Now Has To Pay For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.