Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks (70432 Views)

My Experience With Android Phones So Far (photos) / Power Banks Can't And Didn't Kill A Ghanaian Girl. See Why. / My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by frebor(m): 9:19am On Nov 01, 2014
legalwealth:

That is great!You are as well right as the type of charger used with determine the time frame as well.I do use my S5 follow come charger to charge mine which you can see above and it takes like 3hrs for it to be fully charged.

How many port(s) does your own has and what are the ouput ratings of each?
Mine are 1.5V/2A and 2.5V/1A

A standard USB port is rated 5V, the amperage ratings differ. So I guess you are not quoting the output voltage correctly.

Back to your question, it has Two Output: USB 5V 1A & 5v 2.1A

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by henry007(m): 9:23am On Nov 01, 2014
imuetinyan09:

But later nko? Depreciate
I rarely use it but it gets worse with every charge cycle
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 10:00am On Nov 01, 2014
legalwealth:
You people shouldn't also forget to read up https://www.nairaland.com/1920876/nairalanders-experience-power-banks to have idea on how
to differentiate fake powerbanks from original ones.

The OP in there revealed the secrets I know and I'm aware of which all buyers especially resellers of powerbanks must know for them to last longer in this business because it is when you sell quality powerbanks to your customers that they will keep coming back asking for more and as well directing other people to you.

Best!

word!!! . Come nah every biz you dey dogrin . I wan be like you o.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Juwonmania(m): 10:01am On Nov 01, 2014
If you haven't got mayor source power bank then u are sleeping on a bicycle...... have been using mine since June and has never ducked me up oooo..... grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 10:05am On Nov 01, 2014
sigba:

How do i get it in Abia state.

Sending cost to Abia via post office is #650. power bank is #3,500

Total cost plus delivery is #4,150. mayorall goods Nig ent. 24hours customer service is available to serve you.

www.mayorall.com

Email: info@mayorall.com

whatsapp : 07066435369

BBM : 7FDE8205

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 10:10am On Nov 01, 2014
Beckharm:
I use mayor source power bank. Charges my iPhone 4s 5times when not on. 4 and half times when phone is on, I am satisfied. Got it #4,700 in a shop here in PH.

The shop tried sir. Most shops and online resellers sell #6,000 and above.

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Mizzzbeee(f): 12:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
Pls does anyone sell d lumsing or romoss or ankers pb
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Mizzzbeee(f): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
mayorall:

Total cost plus delivery is #4,150. mayorall goods Nig ent. 24hours customer service is available to serve you.

www.mayorall.com

may be I might just try mayorall after all... Wud b travelling soon n I need a pb on d go
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by femi9naija(m): 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
I was using a NewAge 4400mAh power bank for my note 2 but i sold d stupid bank off along with the phone. I couldn't even get a full charge out of it, the note 2 battery was only 3100mAh. I was thinking of purchasing a Lumsing power bank to juice up my new infinix zero until i came across MAYOR POWER BANK. Massive 12000mAh for just 3500. Paid for it and got it delivered to Abeokuta same day. I've never regretted buying it. Charges my Infinix 4 times and more depending on if i use it while charging.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Slowvenom(m): 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2014
dastranger:
Disclaimer: I am not in any ways accountable for smashing your powerbank after reading this post. Also, I am not insinuating that Lumsing and Romoss are the only good deals when it comes to powerbanks.

As we all know there are many power banks in the market, but to identify a good one poses a real problem for most people therefore getting disappointed and frustrated in the long run. But I’m here to help on this matter and I will give you some little insights on the secrets behind the banks. Its high time someone spilled the truth about this.
Nowadays we have many sellers claiming to have powerbanks with capacities such as 12000mah, 20000mah, 15000mah, 30000mah and even 50000mah—Lol. Trust me most of these ratings are farce. You know why? Let me pour you the details.

Knowing a fake bank

1. Fake banks mostly come unbranded (yes! That your unbranded bank is fake!). If they re not unbranded, they come rather with an awkward name. e.g there’s one kondovgbia LCD 12000mAH bank ( Lol…can’t remember the name vivdly) that I once fell for too. Hence they sell at a relatively cheaper price to attract customers. A good powerbank will sell for nothing less than 6k or 7k in Naija (Yes! in naija, unless you decide to buy it online and ship it in yourself. What am I even saying, if you decide to buy it online yourself, It will even be more expensive except you know your way out). You know why? Wait for my post on knowing a reliable bank

2. Most fake banks comes overrated. You don’t agree? Ok let’s do the mathematics. Inside fake banks, they usually use 18650 cells otherwise known as Li-Ion (I’m not saying Li-ion cells is bad but is cheaper). 18650 cells are usually rated between 1200mAh to 2600mAh.Let’s say your power banks is rated 20000mAh or 30000mAh (pls open it if you can to see the inside), I am pretty sure the highest number of cells you can find is mostly 6 if not less sef.
Now, Using 2600mAh cell (that’s if they don’t use a less Li-ion cell like 1200mAh, well they won’t tell you), multiply it by 6 equals 15600.
6 x 2600mAh = 15600mAh
Lol…..So tell me how is it 20000mAh, how is it 30000mAh? (I once used this too)

3. Some of them are a complete farce. Like I said pls open your absurdly rated bank if you can, Lol.. did you know some of them are filled with sand bags thus making it heavier (these china pple sef ). You dont believe ?
See below for pictures... Most of these fake banks are shipped from china...

Note taken, thanks dude.
One more thing, please when you order from Jumia, do you pay prior to delivery or on delivery?
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
dastranger:
Disclaimer: I am not in any ways accountable for smashing your powerbank after reading this post. Also, I am not insinuating that Lumsing and Romoss are the only good deals when it comes to powerbanks.

As we all know there are many power banks in the market, but to identify a good one poses a real problem for most people therefore getting disappointed and frustrated in the long run. But I’m here to help on this matter and I will give you some little insights on the secrets behind the banks. Its high time someone spilled the truth about this.
Nowadays we have many sellers claiming to have powerbanks with capacities such as 12000mah, 20000mah, 15000mah, 30000mah and even 50000mah—Lol. Trust me most of these ratings are farce. You know why? Let me pour you the details.

Knowing a fake bank

1. Fake banks mostly come unbranded (yes! That your unbranded bank is fake!). If they re not unbranded, they come rather with an awkward name. e.g there’s one kondovgbia LCD 12000mAH bank ( Lol…can’t remember the name vivdly) that I once fell for too. Hence they sell at a relatively cheaper price to attract customers. A good powerbank will sell for nothing less than 6k or 7k in Naija (Yes! in naija, unless you decide to buy it online and ship it in yourself. What am I even saying, if you decide to buy it online yourself, It will even be more expensive except you know your way out). You know why? Wait for my post on knowing a reliable bank

2. Most fake banks comes overrated. You don’t agree? Ok let’s do the mathematics. Inside fake banks, they usually use 18650 cells otherwise known as Li-Ion (I’m not saying Li-ion cells is bad but is cheaper). 18650 cells are usually rated between 1200mAh to 2600mAh.Let’s say your power banks is rated 20000mAh or 30000mAh (pls open it if you can to see the inside), I am pretty sure the highest number of cells you can find is mostly 6 if not less sef.
Now, Using 2600mAh cell (that’s if they don’t use a less Li-ion cell like 1200mAh, well they won’t tell you), multiply it by 6 equals 15600.
6 x 2600mAh = 15600mAh
Lol…..So tell me how is it 20000mAh, how is it 30000mAh? (I once used this too)

3. Some of them are a complete farce. Like I said pls open your absurdly rated bank if you can, Lol.. did you know some of them are filled with sand bags thus making it heavier (these china pple sef ). You dont believe ?
See below for pictures... Most of these fake banks are shipped from china...

Bros, even the ones you call original are shipped from china.

Romoss, Lumsing, Xiaoming are all manufactured in China. Even Samsung.

You see the problem is this. People who buy this things either don't know the right way to go about importing them or they fall prey because of cheap prices.

You need to know your sources before importing which is why it is good to buy samples before buying in bulk.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by princeuk21(m): 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
i've used kobopower from kobomart and it's working very well, those guys also sell original powerbanks and other products
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
Mizzzbeee:
may be I might just try mayorall after all... Wud b travelling soon n I need a pb on d go

We are available to serve you ma.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
femi9naija:
I was using a NewAge 4400mAh power bank for my note 2 but i sold d stupid bank off along with the phone. I couldn't even get a full charge out of it, the note 2 battery was only 3100mAh. I was thinking of purchasing a Lumsing power bank to juice up my new infinix zero until i came across MAYOR POWER BANK. Massive 12000mAh for just 3500. Paid for it and got it delivered to Abeokuta same day. I've never regretted buying it. Charges my Infinix 4 times and more depending on if i use it while charging.

Lovely review sir. Await Mayor source T1 this November sir. Better design, promising charge cycle.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by dastranger(m): 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2014
You guys need to check this top 20 banks to recommend by Drippler.com

http://drippler.com/drip/updated-best-portable-chargers-20-we-recommend

1. Jackery Giant
2. Lumsing Power Bank (LUM 008-01)
3. Lumsing Power Bank (PBJ-6200)
4. Juno Power Hue Plus
5. IOGEAR GearPower Ultra Capacity Mobile Power
Station
6. ZAGGsparq 6000

continue reading the reviews...
http://drippler.com/drip/updated-best-portable-chargers-20-we-recommend

Those re examples of banks you should look at when buying power banks

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by dastranger(m): 5:12am On Nov 02, 2014
Slowvenom:

Note taken, thanks dude.
One more thing, please when you order from Jumia, do you pay prior to delivery or on delivery?

Sorry, I don't buy from them.... but I read they offer both options
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by dastranger(m): 8:01am On Nov 02, 2014
With an unbeatable price tag, a high-powered 10,400mAh battery and moderate weight of 8.35 ounces, the larger capacity Lumsing Power Bank (LUM 008-01) is debatably one of the best portable chargers on the market.
The sleek white eggshell color (which also comes in black and champagne gold) and ergonomic design is thick but smooth to the touch, with edges accented in a silvery finish. On its side, the device has two USB ports at 1A and 2.1A, and one Micro USB 5V input used to power up the device itself. Press the oval button on the LUM 008-01's side, and four blue LED lights illuminate, each indicating 25% battery life.
We put the LUM 008-01 to the test by dual charging two different smartphones at the same time: our iPhone 4 at 70%, and our HTC One (M8) at 60% with the Spotify app running in the background.
The LUM 008-01 used 25% of its total charge, powering both phones to 100% with an average of two minutes and thirty seconds for each 1% recharge. When testing alone with our iPhone 4 at zero percent on standby, the LUM 008-01 used about 15 to 20% of its total energy and took an average of 51.5 seconds per one percent recharge.

If Lumsing has anything to be proud about, it's this.

Continue reading....http://drippler.com/drip/updated-best-portable-chargers-20-we-recommend

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by MZdamola(f): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2014
exxell:

I dont see your anything grin
U can't.. u have to have inner eyes..
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Slowvenom(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2014
dastranger:

Sorry, I don't buy from them.... but I read they offer both options

Really? Thanks, What about Konga? Do they offer both option too?
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by dastranger(m): 11:07am On Nov 02, 2014
Slowvenom:

I'm not so sure...... check their website
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
I got one from AliExpress and it got burnt immediately I plugged it. Thinking of getting another one based on the reviews
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
mayorall:

www.mayorall.com

I've added you on Whatsapp and in Phc. Need a Powerbank
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by mayorall(m): 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Liciouslucy:

I've added you on Whatsapp and in Phc. Need a Powerbank

Thank you ma. Sending cost to Port-harcourt via bus is #1000. Same day delivery at ELIOZU. We will be expecting your message ma. Have a lovely Sunday. This is a company, payment is made via our company corporate. Also we accept returns and we make sure our customers are satisfied.

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by just2endowed: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Mizzzbeee:
Pls does anyone sell d lumsing or romoss or ankers pb

I sell Romoss Solo 5 power bank 10000mah capacity for 5000 naira with option for free shipping within Nigeria.

07066561480 whatsapp and 'call
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2014
Slowvenom:

yes dey do
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Mizzzbeee(f): 11:46am On Nov 03, 2014
Liciouslucy:
I got one from AliExpress and it got burnt immediately I plugged it. Thinking of getting another one based on the reviews
sorry wat power bank was that that got burnt?...
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by just2endowed: 7:58am On Nov 04, 2014
dastranger:

Mr Mayorall, I've actually been avoiding you cos I don't wanna spoil anyone's business .... but what you put up here is a complete farce that doesn't justify anything and you definitely ddnt know much about romoss sense... I'll advise you to stop here and pls don't make me elaborate further..... As to where romoss is manufactured, Check http://www.romoss.com/ Thanks and have a good sale buddy..

Ramoss solo 5 is there
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by wilyparker(m): 10:28am On Nov 04, 2014
Liciouslucy:
where in phc are you??
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Ogbatue: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
Well...i have used china power bank...i belif all are dsame..unless the rating cell doesnt match...i also belif power banks are not to be sold dat expensive because it wont last you forever...some power bank sell so high because of d name while some other onces sell cheap because it doesnt has a name...but works very well...Am igbo and i knw how d market goes...if u a bizness man with the fear of God u will know dat an original power bank of 12000mAh sells for nothing more than 2500naira...unless u greedy...if we have steady power supply...who needs solar...power banks...inverter...all dis dont last and are fake. God help us

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by Jeffy1206(m): 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Even in China, USA or those countries you think have steady power supply still use those power banks! So my friend not everybody would like his phone connected to light... What if you're travelling.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by coolsamba(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
I hv a power bank(5600mah), but it only charge my samsung cant charge my bold5...pls i need a good powerbank in akwaibom state dat can charge my bold5. I am in akwaibom state(ikot ekpene)
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience With Power Banks by slye(m): 2:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
Liciouslucy:

Wch of the power banks ma...why not try our lumsing 10400mah, you'll never be disappointed

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Which Data Subscription Are You Using To Browse? / Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! / A Ritualist Sent Me A Facebook Friend Request (scary pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.