Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? (2747 Views)

Nigerian Ladies And Abroad Based Guys / What Most Women Want From Nigerian Men / Why Do Women Prefer Uk/US Based Guys To Nigeria/africa Based Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by lalasticlala(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
It's a common knowledge that most women prefer abroad based guys/husbands to Nigerian based ones.

Babes trip so much for guys that returned from the UK, US, etc.

I knew of a lady that swore that she would never marry a Nigerian based husband. She was a banker. Fortunately for her, a customer saw her, liked her and sent her pics to the brother living in the US. The abroad based guy later married her and took her abroad.

There are several other cases where some babes had to dump their serious suitors based here in Nigeria because of another guy that returned from abroad.
A times , the abroad based guys may disappoint them even after promising them marriage.

When I was in year one in ABSU, my uncle's daughter was doing her NYSC already. Two suitors were already coming for her hand in marriage. One was working in a federal ministry in Abuja, the other had just finished his NYSC and was retained by the bank where he had served.

She was showing more interest in the one with a federal ministry until she met the son of the MD of the company where she was posted to. Everything changed. The MD's son was resident in London. They fell in love as she dumped the Abuja guy.

The MD's son promised her marriage. She was so excited. She flaunted him for all to see. He later went back to London with a promise to come back for her or send for her. After the service year, she came back.

To cut the long story short, I graduated, finished service, yet she's yet to marry. The Abuja based guy now has 2 kids. He married another lady. I heard the Banker one that also came to marry her then is now in Canada.

She's now so desperate for marriage as her 2 younger sisters are all married with kids.

What is so special about abroad based husbands that make women long for them?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by daveP(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
Its a syndrome with a balance.

Our abroad-based guys prefer coming back for Funke over Laverne smiley

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Spicylate(f): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
beats me too
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nowadays babes are wiser ooo...
All that Glitters are not gold.
Abroad is good, the US, Canada but the UK guy, Those ones re just too aggressive.
Smh
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by spicyv1(f): 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
lalasticlala: It's a common knowledge that most women prefer abroad based guys/husbands to Nigerian based ones.

I knew of a lady that swore that she would never marry a Nigerian based husband. She was a banker. Fortunately for her, a customer saw her, liked her and sent her pics to the brother living in the US. The abroad based guy later married her and took her abroad.

There are several other cases where some babes had to dump their serious suitors based here in Nigeria because of another guy that returned from abroad.
A times , the abroad based guys may disappoint them even after promising them marriage.

When I was in year one in ABSU, my uncle's daughter was doing her NYSC already. Two suitors were already coming for her hand in marriage. One was working in a federal ministry in Abuja, the other had just finished his NYSC and was retained by the bank where he had served.

She was showing more interest in the one with a federal ministry until she met the son of the MD of the company where she was posted to. Everything changed. The MD's son was resident in London. They fell in love as she dumped the Abuja guy.

The MD's son promised her marriage. She was so excited. She flaunted him for all to see. He later went back to London with a promise to come back for her or send for her. After the service year, she came back.

To cut the long story short, I graduated, finished service, yet she's yet to marry. The Abuja based guy now has 2 kids. He married another lady. I heard the Banker one that also came to marry her then is now in Canada.

She's now so desperate for marriage as her 2 younger sisters are all married with kids.

Ever heard the word greener pastures? The answer you seek is in the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by CyberWolf: 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
3cycle: Nowadays babes are wiser ooo...
We now know that all that Glitters are not gold, especially those ones based in the UK, nothing to show for the years spent there.

Smh
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by pickabeau1: 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
booked
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by idu1(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
CyberWolf: grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Tymax(m): 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
3cycle: Nowadays babes are wiser ooo...
We now know that all that Glitters are not gold, especially those ones based in the UK, nothing to show for the years spent there.

Smh
If I hear grin

Ladies... falling for janded brothers since 1960

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
Tymax:
If I hear grin

Ladies... falling for janded brothers since 1960
E don change o... Here. In the oil city, babes are hustling for engineers working with oil companies especially them boys benefiting from oil subsidies....

Abroad boys no dey bring light again grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Tymax(m): 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
3cycle:
E don change o... Here. In the oil city, babes are hustling for engineers working with oil companies especially them boys benefiting from oil subsidies....

Ladies and money....
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
Tymax:
Ladies and money....
Money is good but the love of money is evil
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by daveP(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
spicyv1:

Ever heard the word greener pastures? The answer you seek is in the bolded.
if the ladies are looking for greener pastures, what will the men abroad be looking for by coming back home? Brown..... smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by littlemistress: 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
ΐτ̅'s a lady's thing to brag & be pompous about having a hubby abroad. The prestige that comes with having her child(ren) in the states, being a citizen & enjoying all the benefits that comes with ΐτ̅. Unfortunately, the grass is not usually green on the other side..

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
There is this societal perception that abroad guys are rich. Women do not want broke men for marriage, so, its easy for an abroad guy to catch many girls in Nigeria even if he's washing plate in the UK.

Another reason why some of them fall for abroad guys is also because they want to be there.
They want to see snow and sleep in the white man's land. They want to eat Mac Donalds.
They want to see plenty "oyibo" men.
They want to go to beach with "oyibo" men.
They want to touch dallars, pands ati hiro.
They want to brag to their friends that they're in europe, america, etc.

But to their greatest surprise, its either the abroad brother just came to Nigeria to sleep with them or take them there to add to the "plate washing company".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
chinziaski: There is this societal perception that abroad guys are rich. Women do not want broke men for marriage, so, its easy for an abroad guy to catch many girls in Nigeria even if he's washing plate in the UK.

Another reason why some of them fall for abroad guys is also because they want to be there.
They want to see snow and sleep in the white man's land. They want to eat Mac Donalds.

But to their greatest surprise, its either the abroad brother just came to Nigeria to sleep with them or take them there to add to the "plate washing company".
You must be pained bro grin
Not all of them wash plates sha...

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by pansophist(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
Many reasons.

Abroad base men are perceived to be more richer, civilized and a golden platform to a better life abroad. Elevated social status among peers too.
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
3cycle:
You must be pained bro grin
Not all of them wash plates sha...
I'm not pained grin

I am just citing girls mentality for you.
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Tallesty1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
lalasticlala: It's a common knowledge that most women prefer abroad based guys/husbands to Nigerian based ones.

A lady that I dated did that to me. She became close to one guy on Facebook. The guy was working in a company in dubai. They exchanged contacts and I didn't know what happened again until I saw her dp on whatsapp. I called her to know what was going and she told me that the guy wants to marry her bla bla bla.

I parked well.

The guy later dumped her and married the lady that got the dubai job for him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by pansophist(m): 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
chinziaski: There is this societal perception that abroad guys are rich. Women do not want broke men for marriage, so, its easy for an abroad guy to catch many girls in Nigeria even if he's washing plate in the UK.

But to their greatest surprise, its either the abroad brother just came to Nigeria to sleep with them or take them there to add to the ''plate washing company".

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Tymax(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
3cycle:
Money is good but the love of money is evil
cheesy who dey preach? grin

That reminds me. There was a thread some days ago about a Rich young man based abroad who was complaining about naija babes and their fake love. I was surprised that none of the NL chics took offence.
They didn't even challenge the veracity of his claims. Why? Because he's based abroad and he claims to have money. See as all of them dey form understanding, caring chics.

My sister, naija babes like imported sontin. Why? Because of the illusion of money. grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
[quote author=Tymax]
cheesy who dey preach? grin

To some, living abroad means he is living in affluence.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Sarimah(f): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
Everybody wan jand grin
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Tymax(m): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
3cycle:
Ofcourse you can never tell if he might decide to pick one of them and take them to obodo oyibo grin to See white men.

I know a lady (20yrs) who just got married to a (43yr) old guy based abroad. The mum claims he is wealthy and doing well abroad but since he married her she hasn't been able to get her papers so she can join him. She now has a child for him but hasn't seen him for two years now.
Some girls are lucky while some are just unlucky with them "awana awana"boys.
Choi cheesy cheesy Two whole years! "Hit and run" tins. You can imagine how she bin dey form before... Rejecting all her former toasters. Now she's locked up in a loveless marriage. Oh well, at least he married her. grin
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by teewai3(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
get it bro!!! Dollar has more value than Naira.. smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
dere r thousand of reasons y dey prefare d abroad base guys than us wich i am nt in position to tell. bt i tink one of d reasons is dat dey thought dey r more richer than us that r living in naija wich is nt alwys true. so, women n dere mentality cant be predicted uno.
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by onstelly(f): 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Don't know of any other girl but I don't perfer aboard base to naija base biko, some of them are so broke sef
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by ronald4lif(m): 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Tymax:
Choi cheesy cheesy Two whole years! "Hit and run" tins. You can imagine how she bin dey form before... Rejecting all her former toasters. Now she's locked up in a loveless marriage. Oh well, at least he married her. grin

I have to admit the writer assertion is correct. I for one has been getting a slightly more attention from ladies I knew while in Nigeria before my sujourn to the Queen's land. I think its about social security, when a guy/lady abroad marry someone in naija it gives them an automatic right to legal status abroad and maybe the pride that comes with it. But I would advise people should look beyond where one lives but the individual and his potential to succeed. Yea life in western world is far better than what we have home but its not all that rosy; the bills, the boredom etc is way out of normal.
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by Ivanspring(f): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
''Its all about the benjamins baby'' cool
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by NeuroBoss(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
They wan enter "eloplane"
They wan make their friend's head with naija based guy to swell. They wan dey make dem jealous and inundate them with stories told them by their "jand" fiancé.
It's even funny when u hear it in Church testimonies. Something like: "my sister dated one guy through out the university, suffered with him and all that only for him to jilt her. As God would have it, a man coming to spend Xmas in Nigeria met her and they are now married and BASED in the UK". The word in upper case being the only major reason for the testimony and not that she eventually married. They are said with more emphasis amidst shouting for joy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by lalasticlala(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
NeuroBoss: They wan enter "eloplane"
They wan make their friend's head with naija based guy to swell. They wan dey make dem jealous and inundate them with stories told them by their "jand" fiancé.
It's even funny when u hear it in Church testimonies. Something like: "my sister dated one guy through out the university, suffered with him and all that only for him to jilt her. As God would have it, a man coming to spend Xmas in Nigeria met her and they are now married and BASED in the UK". The word in upper case being the only major reason for the testimony and not that she eventually married. They are said with more emphasis amidst shouting for joy
LMAO. U 2 4NY
Re: Why Do Most Women Prefer Abroad Based Husbands To Nigerian Based Ones? by cdamsel(f): 5:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
If it were years ago I would have agreed with this your theory.

But lately my babes dem don wise up o,because this "abroad" husbands leave them in Nigeria & just come give them belle & go back, who would like that? undecided

Girls now even if them go marry they make sure you dey carry them commot ooo grin grin grin if not them jejely marry my brothers them grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Don't They Like Me / Crowny 11 / Will You Forgive Your Fiancee If She Did This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.