Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. (26096 Views)

Michael Ikenga:Youths Protest In Owerri Over Unlawful Detention Of Saraki's Aide / Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by MissTeaseMe(f): 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
stevenosa: What compensation do we have for the thousands of others that has been arrested unlawfully by the various security agents of government here in Nigeria? God is watching.
So unfortunate my dear brother.
The army, police and other security bodies just harass people, detain, even kill people everyday, but since they are poor and cant afford such law suits, the authorities get away with it.

Just make sure u are rich, u can be poor anywhere else in the world, but dont be poor in Nigeria. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
sirjohnson: Everyone is trying to deceive everyone else

God Bless u a billion times for these words u talk. Its just the fact about Nigeria Politics n dis our Judiciary system sef is a major problem in Nigeria. Nigerians r being detain unlawfully everyday by the police, Army, SSS, CID, Efcc, Icpc, Apc, Pdp. Nobody ask them to compensate us. God punish all of una infact angry

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
englishmart: This is not fair. embarassed I was arrested and detained for an undecipherable offence.
later I was vindicated then discharged. But no compensation for defamation of character!

Abi all of us no be Nigerians again

El-rufai is justiceproof

embarassed
Did you sue in Civil court and ask for monetary damages or you think they'll just call you on the phone and tell you they're awarding you money?

5 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Balkan(m): 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2014
WE ARE GOING TO APPEAL THIS JUDGEMENT

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nobleval: are we biased now? That man is a threat to this country. And he deserve to be in jail for that alone.

[size=14pt]Because he is bold enough to oppose the government he is a threat?

Can I tell you who should be arrested for threats? Asari dokubo, ihejerika etc... under a sane administration thse men would have been cautioned , investigated or brought to justice. ... but theres nothing sane about this administration so the little victory we have over injustice let it be magnified . [/size]

7 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by blesszzy(m): 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2014
oscarpad: They shud cme nd arrest me tooo ooo bikooo

Heheheeheh, nor try ham oo, na 9ja will still dey oo

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by MissTeaseMe(f): 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
chrisbaba1:

[size=14pt]Because he is bold enough to oppose the government he is a threat?

Can I tell you who should be arrested for threats? Asari dokubo, ihejerika etc... under a sane administration thse men would have been cautioned , investigated or brought to justice. ... but theres nothing sane about this administration so the little victory we have over injustice let it be magnified . [/size]
May you live long.
It is not hard to recognize TAN members abi na pdp e-warriors.
Even if he supports pdp (which is his choice), why come here and be saying elrufai should remain in detention without evidence that will float in court?

This is justice and we shld wish this sort of fair hearing and judgment for all Nigerians pdp or apc. Sss had no case to present in court and they lost.

4 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
The judicial branch of Nigerian government is still relatively free from influence. Good work.
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by JEITO: 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
And how much has he paid to the president for his defamatory remarks angry
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
Entchidodo: This is a gaffe from the Judiciary...the SSS isn't the police and hence are not bound by the same laws like the military...don't these senile court folks understand the full weight of The Patriot ACT in the Constitution?..

You are confused. The Patriot Act is American, not Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by ayindejimmy(m): 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
Entchidodo: This is a gaffe from the Judiciary...the SSS isn't the police and hence are not bound by the same laws like the military...don't these senile court folks understand the full weight of The Patriot ACT in the Constitution?..
I'm sure d judges and d bench fully comprehend the weight of The Patriot Act. But freedom of movement and religion IS a fundamental human right and the judge had ruled that Rufai didnt constitute any national threat while sitting in the hotel where he was detained

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by arabbunkum: 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
Boko Haram judge

2 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by major466(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
masterpower: Judgement was passed by a BOKOHARAM JUDGE.
Anyway, SSS appealed the judgement.
grin
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by meforyou1(m): 5:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
SSS Should appeal one time

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Opiosko: 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
T4taiwo: I know some peoples will not be comfortable with this........judgement of the year.
Lols! But u should also wait till the higher courts affirm the judgement...maybe in 7-10yrs time.

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2014
major466: Hell Rufai escaping justice since time immemorial.
That guy should have been thrown in jail for confiscation and allocation of landed properties to his wives and friends.
masterpower: Judgement was passed by a BOKOHARAM JUDGE.
Anyway, SSS appealed the judgement.
Whizzdom:
El-rufai dey craze .....

No be politics i dey smell so .... omo dis kind matter ....

I knw want to be involve in.

Lady Alice More:
Arrest him!

Sir Thomas More:
For what?

Lady Alice:
He’s dangerous!

Will Roper:
For all we know he’s a spy!

Margaret More:
Father, that man’s bad!

More:
There’s no law against that.

Roper:
There is – God’s law!

More:
Then let God arrest him.

Lady Alice:
While you talk he’s gone!

More:
And go he should, if he were the Devil himself, until he broke the law.

Roper:
So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

More:
Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

Roper:
Yes, I’d cut down every law in England to do that!

More:
Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man’s laws, not God’s! And if you cut them down – and you’re just the man to do it! – do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I’d give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety’s sake!

Source A man for all seasons

Whether you think El-Rufai is good or bad....the fact remains he got due process of law.

Now, if you want due process of law suspended because El Rufai is a ''bad northerner''.....then you better be prepared for a suspension of rule of law when , God forbid, it happens that Big Brother Security decides to throw you into jail on trumped up charges.

3 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by jkendy(m): 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
Why awarding him with that 'small' amount of money? The judge shld hav directed that ALL the money in CBN be given to El-Rufai as compensation for injustice on his personality.
So the poor that are being molested and abused in this country are not human beings, abi?
Dats injustice itself.
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Entchidodo: 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
MissMeiya:

You are confused. The Patriot Act is American, not Nigerian.
If i knew what the Patriot act was then the probabiltiy would be high that i knew the circumstance that threw it up ditto the nation that enacted it,right? and so bringing up there just to muddle your curiosity could count as Prank Comment.. .…The joke is on you..

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by jibbish(m): 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
JEITO: And how much has he paid to the president for his defamatory remarks angry
let the President charge him for defamtory remarks nau, or are u a SAN,y nt charge on behalf of d President and see urself awarded wif Disgrace

3 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by MissTeaseMe(f): 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
Entchidodo: If i knew what the Patriot act was then the probabiltiy would be high that i knew the circumstance that threw it up ditto the nation that enacted it,right? and so bringing up there just to muddle your curiosity could count as Prank Comment.. .…The joke is on you..
MissMeiya if u reply the rubb!sh this guy wrote then u fvck up big time. Just ignore him. I am sure he thinks he sounds smart grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by MissTeaseMe(f): 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
jibbish: let the President charge him for defamtory remarks nau, or are u a SAN,y nt charge on behalf of d President and see urself awarded wif Disgrace
Nicely put.

3 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by jerryjere(m): 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
donphilopus: I expect those guys who were celebrating his arrest the other day to start babbling on this thread, that's if they've not died of heart attack merely viewing the headline. Most of them would soon invade this thread telling us how they saw El-rufai giving a bribe to the judge to rule in favour of him.

People who attend Jonathanian school of thought are very daft, clueless, useless and foolish, to say the least. Pathetic souls.you are a fool for saying words Jo till 2019

Meanwhile, those people who celebrated/justified El-rufai's arrest in Anambra were also the same people who said there was nothing wrong in Sen. Andy Uba's younger brother travelling to Ekiti for the Governorship Election. Hypocrites!
you are a fool forsayin such words Jo till 2019

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Entchidodo: 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
ayindejimmy:
I'm sure d judges and d bench fully comprehend the weight of The Patriot Act. But freedom of movement and religion IS a fundamental human right and the judge had ruled that Rufai didnt constitute any national threat while sitting in the hotel where he was detained
El-rufai at that point in time was a threat and is still one to national security,forget his fundamentals,he sold that while pandering to the whims of national treason,felony and misdeamanour....What happened in1986 will be child's play compared to what will happen if the SSS don't appeal.

2 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by englishmart(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Did you sue in Civil court and ask for monetary damages or you think they'll just call you on the phone and tell you they're awarding you money?
no I sued in military court.
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by shizzle11(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
nonsense....mtchew
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Entchidodo: 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
MissTeaseMe: [s]
MissMeiya if u reply the rubb!sh this guy wrote then u fvck up big time. Just ignore him. I am sure he thinks he sounds smart grin cheesy[/s]

Who you?! Run'way....

2 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by jerryjere(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
oscarpad: They shud cme nd arrest me tooo ooo bikooo
your jail go
Long and undone beans go grow for your head nonnonsense
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Ahmeduana(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nobleval: Unlawful what?

Well I think money has changed hands.

And also....I don't understand this jargons.

Finally....el Rufai is always a suspect.
I KNOW WHAT TO DO FAYOSE TREATMENT IS THE ANSWER!
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Ahmeduana(m): 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
T4taiwo: I know some peoples will not be comfortable with this........judgement of the year.
YES OO ME AS A PERSON, I DEY LOOK FOR FAYOSE MA!
Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
MissMeiya if u reply the rubb!sh this guy wrote then u fvck up big time. Just ignore him. I am sure he thinks he sounds smart grin cheesy

Lol my dear... Smh.

1 Like

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by Lordlexyy: 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
It is evident by this pronouncement that the judiciary is finally picking up the pieces of its inglorious days. I believe that lady, Merilyn Ogar will be silent and made to understand her folly of unconstitutionally harassing law abiding persons. And to the pdp folks, this is a lesson not to celebrate lawlessness.

5 Likes

Re: Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. by sweetgala(m): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
QMark: I have never heard any such thing as "unlawful detention" when a common man is arrested and detained by the police. Rather, the detained whould have to pay to be released after the police confirm that he is not guilty.

That it is does not confirm the idea it should be, so many things are wrong in this nation and until those disparities are confronted we would continue to suffer the consequences.
Thanks to education now, even illiterates know "bail is free"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Pays 19 APC Lawmakers’ Salaries. / No N3.2bn Severance Pay For Jonathan, Others Till 2016 - PUNCH / PDP Primary Election: Hoodlums Attack Policemen, Set Van Ablaze In Delta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.